Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Trindermon

Real Name Trindermon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Theo
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description cheesey.
Homepage http://atomicrain.net
Signed On Oct 18, 2005, 19:08
Total Comments 403 (Amateur)
User ID 23977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Details, Trailer
25. Re: Diablo III Details, Trailer Oct 24, 2010, 07:39 Theo

TBH i get sick of the "console vrs pc arguement", both have some excellent games; and both have merit - i am a pc gamer at heart, but recently i have been playing on the console more (wow aside), largly because i like competative games the the PC has FAR to many cheaters (this totally ruins the experiance for me, more so than using a controller over a mouse).

i love both platforms; and thesedays the are getting simler in terms of experiance imo, certain game types just play better on the PC though.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evochron Mercenary Patched
6. Re: Evochron Mercenary Patched Oct 24, 2010, 06:43 Theo

It depends what you want, if you want a empire building game with some space combat X is your one (i have been playing x games since the very first one, X beyone the frontier - [it still much the same tbh])

BUT if you want a more "technical" and better space flight experiance then you want this [Evochron] , the physics are totally 100% awsome; the universe isnt a patch on the X universe but the jump drive mechanics and the full neutonian physics etc are just so awsome the ship is a TOTAL joy to fly (were as X is a camera in space).

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2010, 07:47.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 23, 2010, 12:03 Theo

is nobody else confused by the 360/steam referance in this topic? (not that i bought L4D2) on ether platform.

News Comments > DOTA 2 Announced
46. Re: DOTA 2 Announced Oct 15, 2010, 09:31 Theo

I guess we get to see how it plays out. Again - Credible to me is based on the path to DoTA and not the legalitys because we BOTH know i cant argue the legalitys because that has not played out as yet.

So yes your right.

It wont stop be believing this is all wrong however, anyone who knows anything about the history of Warcraft3 mods, and DoTA, knows that "allstars" wasnt even the first itteration and was on shakey ground from the start with regards to IP.

Icefrog should be credited with taking a base concept though and making it a much much better game.

My Troll, isnt strictly a troll, but it is a transparent (its supposed to be) expresion of my opinion that valve (who have potentially done more for PC gaming than any other company in the last 10 years) - have resorted to buying IP rather than creating there own. That can be seen in the last 4 Titles they have released.

I would like to see a end to such a practice and a return to inovation and creation - thats all i am getting at. I certainly dont want to hate on valve, but they dont give me anything other than reason to of late - its a shame.

43. Re: DOTA 2 Announced Oct 15, 2010, 09:01 Theo

forgetting legalitys and what you can get away with under the laws of the land.

If we cant agree that there is a basic morality issue here with valves bussiness practice and thier basic approach to this situation then there is no convosation to be had - cause you clearly have different values to me.

Valve could have just of easily made the SAME game, with different charicters and abilitys, developed thier own setting and such and no-one would have any problems with this project. Just like no-one has had any issues (other than the respective qualitys or lack thereof) with LoL, Demigod. (Hon is a strage case and best not gotten in to).

Also, I do know what was "played" prior to icefrogs involvement. i know what was released. that said, you are correct on the "IP" statement; that said, Valve have not released a game with internally created IP since halflife 2.

41. Re: DOTA 2 Announced Oct 15, 2010, 08:00 Theo

Verno wrote on Oct 15, 2010, 07:22:
Again, no one really knows how ownership of the map was divided up over time, who has actual ownership rights of the property and I suspect that's what is being sorted out now. Everyone else is at fault because they want to see something other than one sided statements on dubious sources? I'm far from a Valve fanboy, that's just silly handwaving and personal nonsense to save face.

Problem is people who played DoTA ; DO KNOW the status of the project and its content availibility prior to icefrogs envolvement.

In fact anyone who can read change logs can work it out?

Lets not be over silly here tho valve themselves have done some great things for the PC gaming industry; that said i really wish they would work on creating some original content or IP or further develop a exisiting VALVE create IP.

the fact they are doing this, A) shows a lack of respect for at least 2 well developed communitys and B) a desire to kill off S2 games.

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2010, 08:05.

39. Re: DOTA 2 Announced Oct 15, 2010, 03:56 Theo

Yifes wrote on Oct 14, 2010, 20:06:
The posts don't really matter, because the fact is Icefrog is not the creator of Dota. He only added content to a pre-existing map. Just because Valve hired Icefrog does not give Valve ownership to other people's work. This has been stated time and time again, and you are being unreasonable by continuing to ignore this fact.

Valve fanboys are totally unable to see the truth - We're all going to have to get over it. personally i hope valve do get challenged, and loose; they have been fairly lucky so far with there "lets buy/steal/buy someone else stuff and then brand it as our own" in recent years.

30. Re: DOTA 2 Announced Oct 14, 2010, 07:56 Theo

my genuine feeling towards valve - not a troll. for course they have plenty of happy customers and i but just 1 person.

28. Re: DOTA 2 Announced Oct 14, 2010, 03:06 Theo

Furthering my hatered for a company that has not made its own game since HL2. (and a company that released a 4 map game with amazingly low content and then made a version 2 1 year later).

News Comments > On Metacritic Scores
24. Re: On Metacritic Scores Oct 5, 2010, 11:03 Theo

wonkawonka wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 09:02:
Verno wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 08:47:
FFXIII is truly a godawful experience. All of those beautiful visuals wasted on the most narrow corridor RPG experience ever created. The game never really opens up either, it's just fan stockholm syndrome. At best you can wander around a fishbowl after spending 20 hours on the most convoluted story and poor characterization seen since the original PSX FFT translation.

Thanks. So it doesn't change from the first few hours. Gah! What a waste of time and money. Ah well. Plus, that girl's ridiculous whiny voice kept on rattling my nerves.

WORST thing is that when you are 5 hours in, after already figuring out most of the mechanics (lets say you had no clue), it starts to tell you about "advanced mechanics" that you figured out 3 hours ago like its a tutorial....

worst game i ever purchased for my 360, no , really.

News Comments > On Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies
7. Re: On Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies Sep 30, 2010, 09:26 Theo

oohh yay MORE zombies. wont cod just die already?

News Comments > On F1 2010 AI
16. Re: On F1 2010 AI Sep 29, 2010, 05:41 Theo

if people turn off the driver aids, the pysics arnt that bad (they arent properly sim like, but codies never said they were making a sim).

there is nothing wrong with the forcefeed back on my install at all.

that said the game needs work, but to be honest its the best f1 game since GCf1 imo (not counting REAL sims).

News Comments > On F1 2010 AI
11. Re: On F1 2010 AI Sep 28, 2010, 18:37 Theo

Aero wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 15:02:
I don't buy that there is anything too fake going on in the actual race (though they do warp back to the track after spinning out into a sand trap and do some goofy things--things that are largely acceptable for them to do, but they should never do them while in the player's field of view). The AI isn't great, of course, but I can't think of any racing sim (or semi-sim) that has great AI. Virtual Grand Prix 3's AI is probably the best, but even they are a little robotic sometimes.

Mostly this whole thing seems to be a small number of people making valid criticisms and then a huge horde of trolls making a big annoying noise.

The biggest problem with the AI is their inability to navigate the tight hairpins and chicanes on many of the tracks at anything like a human pace. This is probably where the qualifying issue comes from as well.

That is a common problem in even the better racing sims. Aside from VGP3, in every single sim I can think of, you can generally pass three of four cars easily on the entry to a chicane by out braking them on the inside. A certain amount of the problem comes from the fact that this is something you would never, ever do in the real world because it's too reckless, but probably a larger amount comes from the difficulty AI have navigating around each other in tight bunches.

Overall, I'm relatively pleased with F1 2010. It has a few bugs that NEED fixing (like the lollipop man thing), and it isn't nearly as realistic in terms of physics as I would like (there doesn't seem to be any differential simulation at all... the rear wheels always lose traction at the same time), but overall I'm pretty happy with it.

I'd give it an 7.5/10 myself, mostly for bugs and somewhat disappointing performance (and not taking off points for the physics, which are the way they are by design).

I really don't see the AI being improved much in a patch, given that it is actually a very difficult thing to program. It's not buggy, it's just that CM are at the limit of their ability.

this is largly how i feel, and i play iracing.

News Comments > Kotick vs. Schafer, Part 4
21. Re: Kotick vs. Schafer, Part 4 Sep 28, 2010, 07:49 Theo

brutal legend got fairly decent reviews. its in the 80s on metacritic anyhow, not that that matters.  

News Comments > Strange Quote of the Day
44. Re: Strange Quote of the Day Sep 22, 2010, 04:09 Theo

@sepharo, sorry dude, you just dont get what i am saying. where the hell is verno when you need him. :/ lol.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Formula 1 2010
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Formula 1 2010 Sep 21, 2010, 19:28 Theo

xbl multiplayer is only way tbh - if availible.

cant wait.

News Comments > EVE Online Incursion Expansion in November
8. Re: EVE Online Incursion Expansion in November Sep 21, 2010, 19:25 Theo

Jonny wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 14:44:
Damn, can't afford a subscription at the moment, don't have enough ISK for a plex. I find EVE to be a strange beast, it's a bit slow and I don't find it's PVE interesting, which would normally be a showstopper, but from the first moment I emerged from the starter station and saw a can called "Free gear for new players!" surrounded by wrecks I knew I was home.

as a one off. if you want to play, re sub. i will pay second months plex cost in isk. ccp welcomes you.

41. Re: Strange Quote of the Day Sep 21, 2010, 19:21 Theo

Verno wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 14:38:
Theo wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 11:57:
PC's still have awsome games, but the concept that console shooters are bad because people dont know how to use a pad is laughable (or they are unwilling to learn because "lol mouse is better").

No control scheme is "better" per se, it's always going to be subjective and based on the genre you're playing but I think if you have someone with equal experience on both input devices(like me) then that person will perform better with a mouse. It allows for more free form aiming at a faster speed which in FPS games is all that really matters.

tl;dr - you're wrong.

I am gonna quote you, not they guy above you (all i have seen till now).

I am not wrong, reason is, i am not saying controller is better. I am a PC gamer mate, always have been always will be i hope. i love the pc. I came to blues due to quake back in the day - i am not arguing about the controls and what is better.

there is a very real reason MS trialed and decided not to allow cross platform gaming for FPS, with regards to xbl.

Mouse and KB are better for control. End of arguement.

that however, does not mean that i dont think that games should not be reviewed , or judged - based on the environment they are played in. some console FPS communitys are like the first quake communitys (halo being one), its a speical place and time for those environments and as long as everyone is on the same page (controller) you should not hessitate to join those communitys.

i love games, both on PC and console, as long as its a good game. the bitter fact is right now, i am playing more shooters on the console than i am on the PC. thats the first time i can say that - i am 33 years old now. weird.

point is, please dont turn my comments in to a "controller vrs mouse thing" i am not making that arguement, i am just saying that consoles have A) good shooters - and B) great shooters communitys.

i have got hopelessly off topic.

gn folks

/dunk trindermon,

38. Re: Strange Quote of the Day Sep 21, 2010, 11:57 Theo

lol this topic honestly, consoles have lots of very fine shooters; i dont recall a good one comming out on the PC for a long time.

(source games = all old)... is there anything else? i honely cant think of one?

PC's still have awsome games, but the concept that console shooters are bad because people dont know how to use a pad is laughable (or they are unwilling to learn because "lol mouse is better").

18. Re: Strange Quote of the Day Sep 21, 2010, 03:22 Theo

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 01:52:
Thank you for illustrating exactly how people come up with these jackass ideas: They make them up. Without one shred of evidence you ASSume your train of thought is correct.

In the first 24 hours modern warfare 2 sold 7 million units.

55% were on the xbox 360.
33% were on the PS3.
12% were on the PC.

That was the biggest selling shooter title out recently. all this despite the fact that PC users could get the game without getting off there ass's via steam.

I am afraid boys n girls its about true thesedays, if a shooter is avaiilible on all 3 platforms the PC will get yanked on sales.

Next clever ass answer is MW2 was a console game due to lack of servers; well frankly - id bet next months wage on the Black ops (that will have deadicated servers) being EXACTLY the same in terms of sale figures. For what its worth, i own the game on both the PC and the xbox, despite the controller issues, i play the the 360 more; There are just WAY WAY WAY WAY less people cheating.

/Theo

403 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo