Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Trindermon

Real Name Trindermon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Theo
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description cheesey.
Homepage http://atomicrain.net
Signed On Oct 18, 2005, 19:08
Total Comments 403 (Amateur)
User ID 23977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > id Software Relocating
27. Re: id Software Relocating Mar 8, 2011, 04:41 Theo

I wonder how many of those folks are looking after quakelive (yes yes i know its Q3A, but to be fair they have a massive infra structure to maintain now and there is a shitload of "pro" content for it).

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Braben Still Wants Elite 4
11. Re: Braben Still Wants Elite 4 Mar 3, 2011, 20:45 Theo

Creston wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 10:33:
Elite 4 has been rumored to be in development for more than a dozen years. Where everyone's been picking on DNF as the ultimate vaporware, Elite 4 really should have taken that crown.

It's never going to appear.

Creston

Tell me about it, i REALLY wish they would just shut the fuck up untill its done. Or, Just shut the fuck up period. Elite 1 was a large part of my childhood, i loved the game.

But the boat has sailed - stop teasing unless prepared to back it the hell up.

News Comments > DC Universe Online Patched
26. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 24, 2011, 06:48 Theo

Grounded wrote on Jan 23, 2011, 23:07:
I hear PvP servers are the way to go, which was definitely appealing to me since none of the other superhero games had any PvP worthy of mention.

Yeah if you like no rules to stop level 30's from ganking level 1's...its a great fucking experience....

This game blows ass

And yes you DO need a gamepad. What part of, months ago when I said THIS IS A DIRECT CONSOLE PORT, did you dumb readers not comprehend?

Its a great game so far, yes its a console port, but very very fun to play. PvP servers are brilliant; depite the ganking that goes on as the PvP is fairly flat file 5 lvl 5to 10's smashed a lvl 30 the othernight who was picking on us, was great fun.

Also, Plays fine with a mouse. Combos are really well put together for a mouse as well. nothing wrong with console ports if they are GOOD console ports; elitism's not cool when you cant understand the value of a good game because of the originating platform.

bad ports are bad, good ports are good. Simple.

Batman was one of the better games last year/last 2 years, and that was direct console port.

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2011, 08:48.

News Comments > Evochron Mercenary Patched
6. Re: Evochron Mercenary Patched Jan 22, 2011, 08:38 Theo

This game is a space pilots game, X3 is a universe / empire builders game. The flight mechanics are not comparible, this has realistic physics etc and you can perform moves stright out of the nasa flight book.

its a lot more limited than X in terms of the rest of the game, but frankly if you enjoy fliht sticking around, then this is worth a look. personally i prefer it to X as the flight mechanics in the X games have always been horrible (and i own every one since Xbtf)

News Comments > Bethesda: RAGE Demo Doubtful
42. Re: Bethesda: RAGE Demo Doubtful Jan 22, 2011, 03:10 Theo

Verno wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 09:43:
Sorry but I need a demo to drop any cash on this id, you've shaken my faith over the years with several unimaginative products.

It will take some fairly solid reviews for me, i actaully enjoyed doom3 though and the community at large seems to indicate that its the worst game ever (And then they go saying tht deadspace was awsome) go figure.

News Comments > Bethesda: RAGE Demo Doubtful
27. Re: Bethesda: RAGE Demo Doubtful Jan 21, 2011, 06:14 Theo

Icewind wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 23:36:
Drezden wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 21:32:
The file size for a demo alone for Rage would probably be ginormous, so I can't blame them.

Oh quit it already. Excuses excuses.

Next up you'll find an excuse for Carmack's thinning hair or why his teeth are getting yellow.

Get off of it. You don't need to White Knight the S.O.B. They sold out and were corrupted by their new taskmasters. Same as Bioware was with EA and Blizzard was with Activision.

yehr and your point of view clearly is balanced and well thought out.

ITs not like they can chop off 1 map package it up. they ahve to ether A) carve the game world up in to a tiny part and demo that, (and then your not sure the flow of the game will work if a bunch of it is about traveling from place to place?)... or they have to ship a whole area that will be GIGS and GIGS in size.

The batman demo was like 2 gb and the level was TINY.

think about the challenges before you go making stupid comments, being a ID hate was cool 10 years ago, now its just old.

DI-MeisterM wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 01:23:
Ten bucks there will be a console demo, but no PC demo

Now if this is the case that would be EXTREAMLY poor form and id flame as much as the next man.

News Comments > No Bulletstorm PC Demo
17. Re: No Bulletstorm PC Demo Jan 14, 2011, 21:49 Theo

Fugazi wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 18:50:
Epic is simply not interested in the PC platform just as they are no longer interested in creating original, fun games that take chances and push the boundaries of the medium.
They are the Michael Bay of game developers. Lots of flash, but no substance, originality, or soul.

Epic , Original? when the hell did epic EVER do original... (Fun yes, original? not in my life time).

News Comments > Bloodline Champions Launched
1. Re: Bloodline Champions Launched Jan 14, 2011, 00:08 Theo

got a beta invite but never played it, anyone given it ago?  

News Comments > Cryptic's Top Secret Project
13. Re: Cryptic's Top Secret Project Jan 13, 2011, 17:06 Theo

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 13, 2011, 17:03:
I trust Cryptic to make a good game about as much as I trust Irrational to make a bad one. It's possible, but extremely unlikely.

Tribes: Vengeance

News Comments > Cryptic's Top Secret Project
10. Re: Cryptic's Top Secret Project Jan 13, 2011, 15:06 Theo

Tumbler wrote on Jan 13, 2011, 14:07:
This game is so obviously just an exploitation of the license.

The annoying thing is that if the game WAS free to play with a large Cstore, i would have it down as one of the better free to play games. i just dont like subbing to something i only play once in a blue moon - all tho i have not played since release.

i might give it another go shortly. hopefully its going to go f2p tho with a really LARGE cstore. (i like micro transactions in f2p games, i like supporting game companys) - i just dont like it when they are taking the piss.

space captain wrote on Jan 13, 2011, 14:56:
what i want to know is: when will the lifetime subscriptions become available? because that is such a good deal!! talk to me, cryptic!

lol my mate paid for that when it came out... he is not happy seen as he missclicked on the subs page...

News Comments > New Bungie Copyrights
4. Re: New Bungie Copyrights Jan 12, 2011, 01:31 Theo

Drezden wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 00:31:
Dead Orbit better be a goddamn Space Shooter.

After that one space level in Reach I am dieing for them to do a full space game.

you are? after that level i wanted to smash myself in the face, shame cause reach was otherwise lots of fun and very good for a console shooter;)

News Comments > No XP Battlefield 3?
92. Re: No XP Battlefield 3? Jan 3, 2011, 06:23 Theo

InBlack wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 04:40:
Yeah the conspiracy theorists are kind of pulling at straws here, but I have to agree with them on one point at least. Microsoft is really fucking the end users/admins over system control.

Someone mentioned HD space. I have a nagging feeling if I delete all of the non-system stuff that I have installed Ill still have only about 60% of free HD space, which is fucking insane??!!

What the fuck? Why does Windows7 need like 50Gb of hard drive space??

really, it does not. your doing it so wrong. its around 5gb, thats a smaller OS footprint than vista. (and for the record, the memory foot print is also smaller than vista).

News Comments > Monday Night Combat Beta
10. Re: Monday Night Combat Beta Dec 17, 2010, 05:09 Theo

I became totally addicted to this on the Xbox, its a really really good game - you guys are in for a treat. I only hope the PC port is as good as the XBLA one, it really is a super fun game. (and has a depth in its game play).

/Theo

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2010, 19:50.

News Comments > Derek Smart Interview
18. Re: Derek Smart Interview Dec 16, 2010, 03:53 Theo

Without getting in to the derek slamming, and getting back on topic; i do hope that they find financial success out of the project (no matter how publicly ugly) the take over was.

i do worry about him saying he wants to "finish the game", as a Avid mmo player (some times i am subbed to 5+ games at once, and usually 3 at anyone time [3 eve accounts, not counted as i dont pay money for those anymore) - i like to see these games do well) - you certainly dont need millions of players to be profitable.

mmo's imo are never "finished" tho, players always want to know what is around the corner, content only lasts so long unless the games mechanics offer up unique content aside mechanics (planetside, eve) etc.

thats the only quote i that does not really sit with me, otherwise, i am glad they have the game on track and hope they can look to the future for there player base.

PS: my english is terrible here, will fix when i get to work.

News Comments > Alganon Interview
2. Re: Alganon Interview Dec 10, 2010, 06:24 Theo

yher it got taken over by derek and his company; (in a rather ugly fight for control); i wish them luck, i just dont like that derek spent a long time spouting that he wanted to "finish the game" - showed a lack of understanding of mmo's tbh.

they are "finished" when they shut down tbh; constant evolution.

but yes, wow rip off is wow rip off.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfix
14. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfix Dec 9, 2010, 08:14 Theo

DrEvil wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 16:24:
AnointedSword wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 15:56:
Who is asking for your sympathy, DrEvil?

Who asked for yours? You expressed your sympathy and explained why, and I expressed why I wouldn't provide my sympathy. Seems fair.

No really, he didnt. Verno did, 2 busy trolling?

News Comments > Star Trek Online Player-Created Missions Coming
1. Re: Star Trek Online Player-Created Missions Coming Oct 29, 2010, 10:42 Theo

please test our beta tools for our neverwinter nights game!!!! (and pay your monthly fee!)

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Patched
4. Re: QUAKE LIVE Patched Oct 28, 2010, 10:31 Theo

Because Quad damge was not Quad damge in original Q3.

News Comments > F1 2010 Patch Plans
6. Re: F1 2010 Patch Plans Oct 28, 2010, 03:21 Theo

didnt realise that GFWL was subject to the same rules as Xboxlive.

News Comments > F1 2010 Patch Plans
4. Re: F1 2010 Patch Plans Oct 27, 2010, 09:34 Theo

Optimaximal wrote on Oct 27, 2010, 08:44:
Unfortunately, as per usual, Microsoft are holding everything up with their patch certification requirements.

its such a shame that the PC patch is delayed because of wanting to do them all at the same time, as you point out MS take a long time to certify patches for Xbox live; that said for the live platform (not pc's) this is a good thing, its rare we get xbox game patchs that break games badly - i personally support there QA process.

Much better than the whole PC "lets lash a patch up, then patch it again 2 days later when we realised we have messed something up really badly".

Having to plan and test your patches is exactly why valve dont like the service.

I have both the xbox and PC version of the game, was rather hoping id be able to play the fixed version on the PC first; as there is nothing stopping them from releasing ASAP.

403 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo