Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Trindermon

Real Name Trindermon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Theo
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description cheesey.
Homepage http://atomicrain.net
Signed On Oct 18, 2005, 19:08
Total Comments 410 (Amateur)
User ID 23977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Anarchy Online 10th Anniversary
6. Re: Anarchy Online 10th Anniversary Jun 24, 2011, 03:33 Theo

Visual make over is still ongoing, they must have like 1 dude working it. tbh; i loved AO and still love it to this day (i tend to still play once every 6 months or so for a month and then unsubb again); nothing is quiet like it tho; especially the system for equipping items (this is the only game where you can build a true "twink")

screw funcom for secret world and aoc; they should have build AO2.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City & GFWL
41. Re: Batman: Arkham City & GFWL Jun 17, 2011, 09:29 Theo

I actually ended up buying the last game 2 times once on steam ; once on the 360; dont ask me why the 360 version was a cheap bargin bin thing; played it on both platforms. Your right about the visuals of course; but i am one of those guys that doesnt stress 2 much about the prettys as long as the game play is good.

(not to say i dont appreicate nice prettys, its just not important as long as the game does not look like shit).

out of interest - how long a hdmi can ya use? ;-)

38. Re: Batman: Arkham City & GFWL Jun 17, 2011, 09:12 Theo

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 04:18:
Theo wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 03:26:
Ill prolly buy on the xbox anyhow ; given my TV is fucking huge and my PCs monitor is only small. (well its not its a 30', but no place near as big as my TV).

My 28" monitor is much larger than my 44" television because of how close I sit to it. I hook my PC up to my TV sometimes and though the screen is bigger the image is like SOOO much smaller. Maybe you have a lot bigger TV though. Still, if you have some massive television it would probably be better to hook a high-res PC version up to it rather than blowing up the Xbox's 720p or sub-720p that large.

TV is 55; to be honest i really dont think the quality of the game is worse on PC or 360, its largely the same (certainly was that way with the last one); therefore ill end up getting it on the xbox.

If it was a multi platform shooter (like rage) id be getting it on the PC obviously. I just think its one of those games that i prefer on a console.

besides i am allowed to smoke in the TV room, not the computer room (its in the bed room).

/Theo

24. Re: Batman: Arkham City & GFWL Jun 17, 2011, 03:26 Theo

I really wish everyone else's experiance of GFWL was the same as mine; IE login and go. Creston for example is having massive issues logging in , i have NEVER had that kinda issue with any GFWL title.

dont get me wrong i dont like it as a service, but i have been lucky enough to never have any issues that stop me playing. It also means i boost up my gamer score on the xbox (totalG is both platforms).

Ill prolly buy on the xbox anyhow ; given my TV is fucking huge and my PCs monitor is only small. (well its not its a 30', but no place near as big as my TV).

PS: people with wireless xbox controllers, there is a wireless reciever you can still pick up (dont think its made anymore, but you can still find stock) ; means you can use your existing xbox pads on your pc - well worth it given the xbox controller is most likely the best controller on a windows box.

/Theo

News Comments > Bethesda Hacked
17. Re: Bethesda Hacked Jun 14, 2011, 03:54 Theo

starmonkey wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 03:29:
Frijoles wrote on Jun 13, 2011, 23:21:
If I can figure it out in 15 minutes for my own website, surely they can.

Are you encrypting your passwords with MD5? If so, your site is susceptible to a rainbow tables attack.

If not, and you're using something like salted SHA-1 - gold star for you!

Its more appropriate to call both those 2 cryptographic hash functions. not really encryption on their own. SHA-1 also whilst safer than md5 is by no means perfect.

News Comments > RAGE Delayed
7. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 05:30 Theo

Gears of War3; avoidance. fair shout really; given gears has a million preorders.

News Comments > id Happy to be Done with Engine Licensing
32. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2011, 11:41 Theo

Verno wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 10:14:
necrosis wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 09:42:
This.
After Q3 I really thought id should stop making games and just make engines and lic them to other people to make the game.

Why? Rage looks good.

not only that, everyone makes out like doom3 was terrible; funny i dont remember it that way. It might not have been amazing, but it was more than solid it was a "good" if not "great" game.

News Comments > id Happy to be Done with Engine Licensing
26. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2011, 07:56 Theo

zirik wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 00:08:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 22:19:
very single Call of Duty game (and I guarantee you including Modern Warfare 3) runs on the Quake 3 engine.

wrong. they stopped using id tech since COD2. modern warfare is using proprietary engine.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/796/796451p2.html

Its bullshit (well kind off); it is a enhanced version of the Q3 tech they called a "new engine" (IW engine) for marketing purposes (however that might be unfair they KEEP layering new functionality in it, mainly based on rendering and texture streaming). It has lots of tech intigrated that does not originate from Id tech 3, but the basics of it still are found in tech3. Fire up any MW game - you will see ID tech listed in the credits.[now waiting for someone to send the wiki pedia article that supports that i am wrong, unfortunatly the article is not correct].

also anyone who knows anything about modding id tech games can simply open up the MW2 directory and see Id's hall marks all over the structure and format of the install.

BTW looks like the eikipedia article got updated sometime - now referances taht IW engine is based on id tech. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IW_engine

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2011, 08:15.

News Comments > Super Street Fighter IV: AE DRM Changes
21. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: AE DRM Changes Jun 2, 2011, 18:55 Theo

Ono is no idiot. GG capcom ;-)

this will be the second platform i buy SF4 for , (and 4th version, SF4 on pc and xbox, SSFIV on xbox and arcade eddtion on pc). (arcade willbe bough as dlc on xbox for SSFIV).

News Comments > EVE Online 8th Anniversary
8. Re: EVE Online 8th Anniversary May 8, 2011, 06:59 Theo

Jonny wrote on May 8, 2011, 05:13:
MrBone wrote on May 8, 2011, 01:58:
BoB didn't collapse...educate yourself dude. They fell victim to a traitor and lost the name. They are still kicking. Man, you gotta love the ignorance on here.

BoB collapsed. Being suckered and screwed over by a traitor/infiltrator who forcibly disbands you is collapsing, no matter what name the remnants reform under.

Not only that, IT alliance also died in a fire. BoB is dead, IT are dead. The 4 main corps that made that part of EvE history have parted ways. Mr "Ignorance" apparently doesnt follow the EvE political landscape.

Its a shame, i was a part of that @ one point ; it was a hell of a war. Lots of internet pixels have been destroyed to bring you this message.

News Comments > EVE Online 8th Anniversary
4. Re: EVE Online 8th Anniversary May 7, 2011, 05:28 Theo

not only that, it was a amo blueprint. big f**king whoop.

This comment was edited on May 7, 2011, 08:43.

News Comments > RAGE "Shrouded Clan" Trailer
36. Re: RAGE May 6, 2011, 04:00 Theo

Sepharo wrote on May 5, 2011, 20:04:
My favorite part is when he sprinted. I want to run and gun and grab the healthpack.

Thing is mate when dev houses make run and gun games, they get told that it is yesterdays gameplay

healthpacks are fucking terrible for game design however when you consider save points and other such mechanics.

/Theo

News Comments > RAGE "Shrouded Clan" Trailer
15. Re: RAGE May 5, 2011, 15:07 Theo

Quite frankly if "how the weapons change" make a game a sale or no sale, despite any other criteria then with respect i'd say turn the PC off for a while. Games should be judged on there merits, in the face of a lack of gameplay experiance or reviews, wanna over react much?

ahhh wait, i forgot, its cool to slag consoles. sorry. /grin

I honestly think some folks like trolling games more than they like playing them tho. Personally i am reserving judgement on RAGE, single player "wasteland games" have been fairly common in the last few years, kinda bored with them - so it will have to review well and get good word of mouth for me i suspect.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Website Sith Warrior Trailer
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Website Sith Warrior Trailer Apr 30, 2011, 11:48 Theo

Starwars has never been a blood and guts fest, i really dont know what people where expecting or how they got the expectation in the first place.

News Comments > AoE Online Keys
39. Re: AoE Online Keys Apr 30, 2011, 05:41 Theo

If your not totally out blue, id love a chance to test a bit please  

News Comments > Mythos European Launch
1. Re: Mythos European Launch Apr 29, 2011, 06:40 Theo

Dont know how i feel about this, i liked the original beta when it was "flagship north", IE the people that became runic studios, (tourchlight) but now its owned by some publisher who asset striped the team and the game for there own ends...... i am in conflict lol.. ;-)

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
24. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 13:49 Theo

Its been said over and over its a 60 hz game. i think it looks cool, annoyingly ill prolly end up getting it for PC and Xbox if it is anygood.... (wishing for 1 license any platform day to come)..

recently announced co-op features should be sweet, i really like co-op play thesedays.

News Comments > PC Super Street Fighter IV Speculation
6. Re: PC Super Street Fighter IV Speculation Apr 11, 2011, 11:16 Theo

get a madcatz 360 fight stick. then its just the same  

News Comments > RPS on Crysis 2
24. Re: RPS on Crysis 2 Mar 30, 2011, 08:37 Theo

ohhh look its another waaaa waaa console topic. nice comment btw blue. RPS articles have really gone down the shitter in recent months, unless jim writes them , then they tend to be ok.

News Comments > F1 2011 in September
4. Re: F1 2011 in September Mar 24, 2011, 16:30 Theo

Wont buy after the compleate mess that is 2010. the 360 version still has a "lock up" like grid 2 did - its down to some versions of hardware in 360s, they patched it out of grid but left it in f12010.

that and it STILL does not things like sector 3 times for full laps, as i assume it only does the last lap, meaning your sector 3 is always putting you in the pits, so no compleate laps.

i like the handling if you use a wheel, terrible on a pad tho.

fuck CM, they pissed me off no end with this and a lack of support for it.

410 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo