Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Trindermon

Real Name Trindermon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Theo
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description cheesey.
Homepage http://atomicrain.net
Signed On Oct 18, 2005, 19:08
Total Comments 399 (Amateur)
User ID 23977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Released
3. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Released May 2, 2014, 04:52 Theo

Aero wrote on May 2, 2014, 00:28:
I liked the idea of this, the general execution seems decent enough, tasteful even, and I really wanted to like it, but I just can't get into it. Somehow it lacks something fundamental to the actual gameplay that's hard to put a finger on.

basically, fun.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fortnite Alpha Signups
17. Re: Fortnite Alpha Signups Apr 9, 2014, 04:30 Theo

It let me sign up from the UK. this looks fun. don't have much hope of getting in, but would love to try it and help with the beta process (Assuming its going to be a proper beta rather than what has been happening lately).  

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
94. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 6, 2014, 14:41 Theo

really cant decide what i am enjoying more the DH or the barb  

News Comments > QuakeCon Pre-Registration Next Week
6. Re: QuakeCon Pre-Registration Next Week Feb 27, 2014, 08:49 Theo

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 22:09:
Is there gonna be anything at all of note that comes out of this event?

Quakefans are going to get together and play quake live, that sounds pretty cool to me.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems
26. Re: Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems Feb 27, 2014, 06:42 Theo

This patch basically makes the game what it should have been at launch imo, still not stat points pre 60, but there are post that (thats the one thing that annoys me, that new system should have been used all the way down to the begining);  

News Comments > Hawken Relaunching on Steam
14. Re: Hawken Relaunching on Steam Feb 6, 2014, 05:28 Theo

Its really not very pay to win, and is actually a fun game. Getting this on steam is a really good thing - i honestly think that F2P games (league aside) need to be on steam these-days to be competitive.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 4, 2014, 03:21 Theo

Cutter wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 17:45:
Games played on Yogcast make people buy them? Well that's super and all but seeing as no one has ever heard of Yogcast or will ever bother to check them out I guess that doesn't mean a whole lot now does it?

Yogscast has 6,646,428 subscribers; the quality of your trolling gets worse and worse man.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Detailed
6. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Detailed Jan 30, 2014, 03:19 Theo

PropheT wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 21:54:
Cutter wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 20:37:
Charging full price game for what amounts to a tiny DLC. Lol, no wonder I'm done with Actiblizz.

Not sure what you mean. It's about the same size as the expansion for Diablo 2 was, although that had two classes instead of one.

I think it's even the same price if I remember right, I'm pretty sure that was $40 when it came out, too.

dont rise to it, cutter doesn't really do facts when it comes to D3; seems to be much more interested in trolling.

good point about the number of chars by the way - suppose you could say that the adventure mode makes up for it ? not sure, ill be picking it up cause it improves d3 alot and i don't mind a bit of d3 now and then.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens
15. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens Jan 22, 2014, 03:33 Theo

InBlack wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 03:11:
Bhruic wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 03:00:
You really can't be competitive without spending money. There are plenty of "expert" cards that will just wreck your deck, and you won't have any good way of fighting back. So it's fine if you don't mind losing more than you win, but if you want to be winning, you'll have to buy cards.

I was waiting for a post like this. I dont have anything against properly done F2P games, but games that require you to spend money to have an edge over an opponent?? Puke

An obligatory fuck those Blizzard losers!!

Its a CCG man, ALL CCGS ARE LIKE THAT - ITS THE POINT OF THEM. (that said, you can craft cards eitherway, and the original comment is overly harsh frankly).

News Comments > Valve Talks About Lack of Communication
17. Re: Shell shocked Jan 11, 2014, 06:36 Theo

mystery8 wrote on Jan 11, 2014, 00:14:
It seems like they're so shell shocked (still) about Half-Life 2's shenanigans that they won't even announce anything until its ready to go.

The interview is full of non-information and does kinda come off as a bit indifferent. We've been waiting years and years and just silence.

Years and years go by as we wait for something of Episode 3 or a full Half-Life sequel. And what we get is Steam OS, Steam Box, more and more Steam stuff. Which is all good, sure.

But I'm starting to wonder if what my friend said last year is true.

Valve isn't a game developer anymore.

I sure hope that's not the case.

dude Valve have not developed a game in litterally YEARS. they are a publisher more than anything and someone who buys IP's and rebrands them.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Multivitamins waste of money Dec 18, 2013, 11:22 Theo

Amen to that, as a guitarist; keiths pretty much my number 1 hero.  

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta
24. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta Dec 15, 2013, 08:25 Theo

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 15:07:
Theo wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 06:04:
I was going to explain about the paragon thing, but was beat when i got home from work lastnight. out of interest what the deal with paragon for none beta players on PTR? are you dudes getting to use it with a max level of 60 or not?

I havent been on the normal PTR server like ever really, i just get invites to the beta's early has i have a mate who works at bliz and is a kind dude who knows i love diablo

I haven't unlocked it yet, because I didn't transfer my existing characters over to the PTR. Leveling IS much faster now (playing on the third difficulty) so it probably won't take that long to get to 60 at this rate. I can look at all the Paragon leveling menus though, and it pretty clearly allows for full customization of a characters stats, although I haven't gotten to play with it yet.

Cool, tbh i just wondered how it looked with the "expansion", installed, so to speak.

22. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta Dec 14, 2013, 06:04 Theo

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 01:25:
InBlack wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 09:27:
Kind of missed my point, which is my fault. My point was that once you get to 60 all the skills are there, there is 0 customization thanks to the very (un)inspired loot and 0 skill trees. Getting better 'iterations' of the best rare is tedious and pointless and the Paragon levels are a laugh. Dont get me started on the PvP....there is simply no reason to 'grind' for better gear.

Apparently you didn't read the part about the new Paragon system, which is all player customization: putting points into 16 different stats.

I played the PTR for a bit today, getting about half way through Act I. This is still Diablo 3, but itemization seems vastly improved. Drop rates are much, much lower -- this is purely guess work on my part but I'd guess drops are down 75-80% -- but the drops you do get are very like to be something usable. If your primary stat is int, for example, then 4 out of 5 times you're going to get an int based item. Likewise, gold seems to come less frequently but in larger quantities, i.e. you find a big stash every 5 minutes rather than getting a steady drip of small amounts, although gold still does exist in small amount.

Based upon what I'm seeing in the PTR, no one who hates Diablo 3 will change their mind, but those who thought it was a somewhat enjoyable mixed bag will probably enjoy it more.

I was going to explain about the paragon thing, but was beat when i got home from work lastnight. out of interest what the deal with paragon for none beta players on PTR? are you dudes getting to use it with a max level of 60 or not?

I havent been on the normal PTR server like ever really, i just get invites to the beta's early has i have a mate who works at bliz and is a kind dude who knows i love diablo

15. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta Dec 13, 2013, 08:35 Theo

osage no onna wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 08:21:
Esoteric wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 21:30:
If it still sucks, I'll just keep playing PoE and Grim Dawn.

Oh, I'd completely missed the fact that Grim Dawn hit early access; I guess I was busy last month. Tempted.

ohh ill be getting grim dawn when i get home also didnt realise, loved titan quest

14. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta Dec 13, 2013, 08:35 Theo

InBlack wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 05:49:

Your descriptions are not to blame, there is simply nothing significant there to warrant a return to the game. The game was turned into a complete loot fest. Not that D1 or D2 werent loot fests but unlike D3 they did allow you to complete the game on the hardest difficulties without the best loot if you built your skills properly. There is none of that in D3, and I have no desire to buy the expansion to continuate the cartoony light-hearted story. Where is the suspense? Where is the horror? The game ruins all that with all the childish NPC and BOSS blabber ripped straight from a childrens fairy tale book. Definitely not what I wanted from D3, sorry.

Fair enough, totally entitled to your opinion mate. Cant say i agree. D2 didnt really have a story - d1, even less so. re the difficulty comments, its not been needed to be well geared to finish inferno for well over 6 months.

Still that aside, your opinion is yours, and you are totally entitled to it. I just hope that people are judging the game based on its current state and its state going forward and not the blatantly terrible mistakes that were made by the first development team. Part of me feels that's a stubborn attitude, but maybe i am wrong and maybe blizzard don't deserve a second chance, but that seems short sighted if its fun... i dunno.

for what its worth i put several thousand hours in to d2, ive put a few hundred in to d3; its far from perfect, and i am certainly not blind to its faults - but its going a long way to becoming a much better game, and i'd rather judge it for what it is now and what it will be at expansion launch; rather than what it was at initial launch.

anyhow,

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 2013, 08:43.

11. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta Dec 13, 2013, 04:50 Theo

InBlack wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 03:50:
Stat heavy loot, check, paragon levels check, same mecahcnics check...
So apart from the advenutre mode basically not much has changed really. Thanks for that info Theo. Going to keep away from this like it has the plague....

You are welcome, i do however like *sarcasm* how you skip past the details that have changed, and made a good difference. lets be positive and blame that on my descriptions.

8. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta Dec 13, 2013, 02:31 Theo

Ive been in in the friends and family beta for some time now - so far its actually shaping up really quiet nice, if D3 had launched like this there would a lot less in terms of pissed off people.

Firstly there are some changes to the structure of the campaign; rather than the original "normal/nightmare/hell/inf" play through; they now have difficulty levels (that do unlock a bit as you level, but you start i think with a few) - there are 5 or 6 i think I canít remember exactly, am at work atm. The game seems to scale the NPC's to your level no matter where you choose to play in the game/start your quest/whatever, and then adds the difficulty modifier to the this base mob scaling. Seems to work really well.

Right now there are 2 main ways to play the game - the traditional (lol) story mode campaign and then adventure mode. Story mode works just as it did; with the additional new act tagged on the end of the story, i have not finished the act5 story as yet, and frankly probably wonít until it comes out.

Adventure mode is actually where the most of us are playing in the beta right now; (at least as far as multipass goes); basically in each act there are some random NPC bosses and subb bosses, dungeon crawls and then proper boss runs. these are all shown on the map as bountyís, you can do them in any order, and move about the area's freely using the waypoints etc and a new map that allows you to travel between areas freely and even acts if you want.

The idea is that you get a reward for each bounty you claim; and then an additional reward for doing a bounty series, (all the bountyís in a single act zone). Its actually lots of fun; dive in to a game, have a chat about what people want to do and go adventuring. Some of the boss placement has been lol funny (as its random as far as i know), one was right next to the waypoint and one was 4 billion miles down a dungeon for example. but Iíve had a blast getting it done.

With regards to the mechanics, itís still primary stat heavy - however affixes so far in loot2.0 actually seem like they have fun attached to them for once. there is still no stat point placement whilst you level, when you get to max level however there is (and the leveling process seems faster than it was before oddly). one thing i will say about lewt 2.0, there is a LOT LESS shit dropping. most stuff that either drops is A) useful, or B) not utterly bad. white drops are down to an actual minimum, and again the affixes are better than what we have been used to crafting seems to be changed up to change for this. You can also re stat items at the mystic, and change its look.

The paragon system has been changed around now all the paragon levels on your account become a "account paragon" level rather than a per char gig. (so if you had a single paragon level 10 char on your account) ALL your chars start at paragon level 10, this gives them a bunch of stat points they can allocate (currently you get all the points on every single character).

So my level 1 new char, starts with more HP and more crit for example, cause thatís where i am putting my points. The system looks ok - itís not as good as some other systems, but itís much better than what we had. there are 4/ categoryís with about 6 stats in each - the only negative thing I can say about it is that you have to wait till lvl 70 to use it, for me it should be part of the leveling experience (if you only got 1 point per 5 levels that would even be something).....

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 2013, 02:54.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
59. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 14:14 Theo

Sorry for your loss blue, chin up mate.
RIP, Hudson.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 11:34 Theo

Verno wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 10:32:
Just checking the local inventory on websites around my area I easily found over 100 systems so I think it's just the usual press release bait trying to create artificial demand. The Day One Edition isn't in stock anywhere, the regular Xbone is easily found.

Anyways I picked my horse for now, not looking at other platforms until they're all much cheaper or I get really bored.

Something I found the other night, the tile on the main PS4 menu called Live from Playstation is actually a really cool user stream listing. I thought it would be some lame marketing effort from Sony or something, I had no idea. I spent a good 30 minutes watching other dudes play Madden, it was a bizarrely enjoyable experience. The game was between 2 players and decided by a last minute field goal, the chat was going nuts at the end. I never thought this would be a feature I cared about but it has a lot of potential.

you dont just sit watching people play on twitch for hours on end already? i do man, its great fun for a gamer. (the wife calls it geek tv and gets really mad when its on the main telly lol).

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Trailer
27. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Trailer Nov 8, 2013, 14:09 Theo

InBlack wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 11:01:

I just find it ironic that you would respond to my claim that they removed a gameplay mechanic even earlier than I remember it. That doesnt make it any better, it actually makes it deliberate and major douchebaggery by Blizzard.

I didn't say that, i was mearly responding to your inaccurate statement about the timings of when it was removed in the development process. I totally agree that it should have been there since day one.

I just have a strong aversion to people making in-accurate statements in order to re-enforce a point of view.

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 11:07:
So adding in an option at allowed at least a illusion of customization, elective mode, is a fuck up? My fucking lord what has happened to society?

Afraid mate you are way off base, and missunderstand (I assume because you didnt participate the earlyer beta's).

Elective mode in earlyer beta's was not an issue because they whole skill tooling system was different - the default menu for selecting skills slid out at the side and you could put whatever you wanted in any slot, UI slots were not unlocked at levels you just had the whole ui from lvl?

Then they introduced that huge that huge modal thing that is out of line with the rest of the ui - then they also locked down slots to "types" and after everyone screamed that "this is terrible" THEN they put elective mode in. This was all done with about 2 weeks prior to the beta going out to the masses (or around the same time). Elective mode effectivy gave us back "kinda" what we had in the first place, and stuck us with a worse UI to do it with. The original skill window poped out the left side, much like the inventory pops out the right, and the UI wasnt locked down in anyway (as elective mode isnt).

The truth is, if you play with elective mode on (and almost everyone does), the old UI and bar system that predates that huge shitty modal skill selection window was superior in every respect.

399 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo