Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Trindermon

Real Name Trindermon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Theo
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description cheesey.
Homepage http://atomicrain.net
Signed On Oct 18, 2005, 19:08
Total Comments 410 (Amateur)
User ID 23977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Microsoft Dropping MS Points?
11. Re: Microsoft Dropping MS Points? Jan 24, 2012, 13:55 Theo

This kinda means ill be worse off :-( given the dollor/pound conversion rate, (And they tend to base game prices on xbox live in what it would cost in dollors, not pounds). ill end up paying more for arcade games.

ohhh well couldnt last forever i suppose.

What i mean here, is that 1200 points (expensive arcade game), equates to about 15 dollors, but its only 10.20pounds. I bet you when this finishes, it will be 15 dollors AND 15 pounds.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Trek Online F2P Begins
15. Re: Star Trek Online F2P Begins Jan 18, 2012, 03:39 Theo

Acleacius wrote on Jan 18, 2012, 01:10:
Is there a Blues server (if I can ever get logged in)?

I sent a email to PWE Customer Support, at least I got a conformation email on that!

Its 1 big server, alwasy has been

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
6. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 13:18 Theo

console game anyhow, will get it on xbox.

News Comments > The Old Republic Bans?
43. Re: The Old Republic Bans? Jan 2, 2012, 07:53 Theo

Sepharo wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 19:05:
ASeven wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 18:46:
Been googlefuing a bit more, found this, no idea if they're real or fake.
http://i.imgur.com/e3dRQ.png
http://i.imgur.com/ncUKU.jpg

Holy shit warned for "playing" the auction house? You mean my early WoW strategy of buying all the cotton is illegal in swtor?

BTW: was not legit in wow ether, my mate got banned for "cornering the market" believe it or not

News Comments > The Old Republic Stats
70. Re: The Old Republic Stats Dec 28, 2011, 05:26 Theo

CannibalBob wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 04:19:
Sounds really cool! Of course, Guild Wars will still have its (improved) story system, unlike World of Warcraft which had absolutely no story.

I am no wow Fan boy and stoped playing a bunch of time ago, but this is wrong. each wow zone has a story (especially the newer ones), its just that no-body bothers to read them because they are 2 busy grinding rat tails.

News Comments > Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost
59. Re: Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost Dec 26, 2011, 08:04 Theo

All good arguements i got nothing really

in my defense its such a long time since i played ME1 i probably am confusing it with 2 so much.

2 imo, wasnt good on the ui front on the pc, i own it on both the 360 and the pc; only finished it on the xbox. (mainly due to i can never get through a BW game more than once). all tho in ME1 i do seem to remmeber thinking on the PC "ffs, why is the diolog options still designed for a pad" - mind you they use that wheel even on there mmo, and thats pc only.

57. Re: Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost Dec 26, 2011, 06:09 Theo

Jerykk wrote on Dec 26, 2011, 05:48:
PS: biowears redesign of ui's is minimal at best, really not a good example; they do the bear minimum to make it work on a pc; its not like that dam convo wheel wasnt invented for a 360 pad ffs.

I think you really need to play the console versions to see just how different the UI really are. The PC versions of Dragon Age have hotbars, resized fonts and icons, re-arranged layouts, etc. The Mass Effect games have the same (though less effort was put into ME2's UI). Conversely, the console versions of these games had large fonts, large icons, less efficient layouts and relied heavily on radial menus.

Have played masseffect on both platforms. I stand by what i said for that game, i have not played dragon age. The layouts are very "efficent" on the console if you are using a pad. Changes for the Pc version were retro fitted to make it useable on the PC, is was still minamalistic in terms of UI conversion. Better than skyrim by i mile i grant you; its still not a good example.

Out of interest, would you have liked skyrim to have a better UI and PC specific tweeks at the expense of content for all platforms?

That's not how development works. Level designers, environmental artists, character artists, scripters, riggers, etc, don't work on UI. Typically, there's one UI designer/artist and one UI programmer. That's it. These two people could have easily made a better PC UI without sacrificing any of the game's other content. Hell, a modder made a better UI in a matter of weeks and that wasn't even his full-time job. It's not like salaried employees get paid extra based on how much work they do. Not in the games industry. They could have designed a PC-centric UI without paying them even a cent more.

Thats fair comment, i am well aware of how development works (give you know, done it for a living); it still adds time at the end of the process though - as you should know / any diversion of code (and UI is basically just that and a tiny amount of art) adds to testing and bugging time.

There's really no valid excuse for Bethesda's laziness. They, like most other publishers and developers, are content with simply making sure that their ports are functional, rather than ideal. Despite the lackluster DA2, I have to give credit to Bioware for the effort they put into their ports. Even DA2 was a good port, if not a good game.

Ill take your word for it, as mentioned i didnt play it for longer than it took to realise they were copying and pasting content.

55. Re: Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost Dec 26, 2011, 05:27 Theo

Jerykk wrote on Dec 25, 2011, 19:57:
I completely disagree. If you're going to release a game on multiple platforms, you should ensure that each platform gets equal focus. For the PC, this means redesigning the UI as necessary (as Bioware tends to do). Skyrim's UI was clearly designed for gamepads, not M/KB, and even with gamepads, it's slow, clunky and requires an excessive amount of scrolling. Skyrim would be a better game if the UI were better.

I dont doubt that in a ideal world companys would do this. Budgets, and release schedules on the other hand mean that if it works it goes out the door.

I really think we need to accept (unfortunatly) that in the world of multi-platform releases that compromises are being made to take the experiance to a wider audiance. That in its self has benafits, the more they sell the larger the buget they have for the next title; admittedly the larger the budget has to be to to support a multiplatform release however, given the "minimalistic" way things are ported in terms of UI and design; lots of said design budget does go on content.

Out of interest, would you have liked skyrim to have a better UI and PC specific tweeks at the expense of content for all platforms?

PS: biowears redesign of ui's is minimal at best, really not a good example; they do the bear minimum to make it work on a pc; its not like that dam convo wheel wasnt invented for a 360 pad ffs.

News Comments > Torchlight II Trailer
20. Re: Torchlight II Trailer Dec 19, 2011, 03:28 Theo

its worth noting that no-where on the facebook page do they call this a trailer. that seems to be limited to a "reporting error".

at least as far as i can see.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
40. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 07:40 Theo

everyone wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 06:38:
Theo wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 05:09:
You dont have to have steam auto patch games, its a option on a per game basis (in the properties, under update). i tend to do this for all bethesda games i buy - cause i am totally sick of putting a fire extinguisher next to my PC every time they patch one of there games.
All that stops is updates for games you aren't playing. If you play them, they will update.

really? ohh heck.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
36. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 05:09 Theo

You dont have to have steam auto patch games, its a option on a per game basis (in the properties, under update). i tend to do this for all bethesda games i buy - cause i am totally sick of putting a fire extinguisher next to my PC every time they patch one of there games.

News Comments > Torchlight II Delayed
35. Re: Torchlight II Delayed Nov 18, 2011, 05:05 Theo

Its worth noting that i am pretty sure this game isnt delayed because of the competition, its delayed because its not finished. ACT4 isnt really finished, and if they released the end of the game would be broken.

they are currently in "crunch mode" finishing act4 and clearing up a tone of bugs they had in the last mass play test.

PS: i am actaully in the D3 beta, its ok. it totally seems to have lst something in the process of becomming modern though, and its nothing to do with the always online, the game actaully feels a bit stale.

in hoesty i think the "dark" art syle the fans forced on blizzard is actaully responsible for making the place feel so dam dull.

anyhow. i am looking forward to T2, least its not "why so serious" like D3. (dont get me wrong ill end up buying D3, but ive not touched the beta in a long time now).

News Comments > Dota 2 Beta Invites Sent
4. Re: Dota 2 Beta Invites Sent Nov 3, 2011, 09:13 Theo

I am totally conflicted about this, i think the whole "DOTA" trademark issue is a low by valve and really dont want to support them. But i do like DOTA games in general (i really love LoL, and have played them all at one point of another).

I think my morals are going to have to get put in a cubbord

News Comments > Consoles Became "Lead Platform" Late in BF3 Development
31. Re: Consoles Became Nov 1, 2011, 12:28 Theo

The game is not very stable, the battlelog game browser is terrible if you are trying to get in games with mates.

That said, once you are in a game its good old battlefield (IE great fun) - personally i am kinda with Verno, rush is very BC, but in general i am liking the game more than i did bad company. If only the battle log and joining servers wasnt so shit i wouldnt mind.

that said, people on consoles are having simler issues, i dont think the "quality" issues are down to consoles persay, perhaps down to trying to develop for 3 platforms at once, but not really consoles, lets face it dice have always had issues with "quality control".

News Comments > Blizzard DOTA Details
27. Re: Blizzard DOTA Details Oct 24, 2011, 09:47 Theo

Verno wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 09:30:
What about them? They hired the creators/team IIRC. That's what Valve is great at, they're an incubator for many smaller teams and companies.

Tell that to Turtle Rock, ask then what happened to them after valve raped them for left for dead1. Ohh thats right they wont say a dam thing in public because Valve have the ability to complealely riun your chances of selling a game on the PC. Also, The TF2 team wasn't the original one, it was the part of the teamfortress team. Team fortress didnt start in half life; it started in quake admittedly some of the people credited with that work were hired.

What Valve is doing with regards to the DOTA trade mark is pure scum work. Icefrog has no right to own that name, and valve certainly have no right to it.

The LoL team, (now riot studios) have more right to that name than any other individuals in the dota world, only they are classy enough to stay the hell away from it.

If you read what Mike Morhaime @ blizzard has said about it over the last few months, its not really the use of the name they object to. its the trademarking/copywriting/ applicaitons that show a lack of class - as much as i am not that fond of blizzard - i agree with him.

Dont be fooled by valve and there "we are a incubator" bullshit, they are very good at looking at other studios and copying or buying and be dammed with the casualties along the way. When was the last time they produced a title that was there own "core valve" IP?

Halflife2.

I dont understand why people cant see through there bullshit.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2011, 09:53.

News Comments > CCP Layoffs
11. Re: CCP Layoffs Oct 20, 2011, 04:24 Theo

Ginny wrote on Oct 20, 2011, 01:23:
Tbh i can only see futher woes, until they boot out the mass rmt/bots that kill eves end game.

Repeat after me, eve does not have a specific end game, eve does not have a specific end game.

News Comments > Blue's Diablo III Beta Preview
55. Re: Blue's Diablo III Beta Preview Oct 5, 2011, 03:03 Theo

Blue wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 17:54:
Theo wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 17:51:
dont agree on a bunch of points...

Particularly since I don't do this kind of thing regularly, I'd be very interested in hearing your areas of disagreement if you care to elaborate.

will do tonight blue(when i get home from work), thats not to say i want to troll said points mate, nothing wrong with folks having opinions of there own.

News Comments > Blue's Diablo III Beta Preview
20. Re: Blue's Diablo III Beta Preview Oct 4, 2011, 17:51 Theo

dont agree on a bunch of points, but its a great write up Stephen ;-) (maybe we will see more of it?). Personally i am loving beta. but for that diablo2 feeling i am looking forward to Torchlight2 - if you fancy getting some party style play on feel free to look me up, i am uk time zone though so might be hard work...

same mail address as i am registered with here.

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
97. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 14:46 Theo

Optional nickname wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 14:27:
People, you're supposed to have both Nvidia and AMD videocards in your house now. Don't you realize Nvidia paid Carmack 20 million dollars to force fail on "ATI" cards?

Ohh common its not like ATI/AMD dont have a HUGE history of releasing utterly shit drives. Christ back in the day they litterally were known for nuking windows installs. (worse than the old matrox drivers).

That company/ product line is litterally LITTERED with shitty driver storys. Nvidia arnt perfect but they certainly dont have a history as shitty as the AMD/ATI productlines.

News Comments > More id RAGE Midnight Madness
53. Re: More id RAGE Midnight Madness Oct 4, 2011, 05:26 Theo

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 04:28:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 03:54:
PC version has what seems an FoV of 60 cause it's making me fucking nauseous.
No FoV option.
Mouse acceleration up the asshole.
NO Vsync option.
NO Aim Toggle option.
0 Graphics options.

Yowzers. I knew this was going to be a X360 port but I didn't expect it to be a bad one. Sadly, I'm not really surprised. id wasn't the first ex-PC developer to abandon the PC but it will probably be one of the last, since most other developers already did it years ago.

Way past time to put some good stock in CDProjekt.

Shite..

Like any Id game, all this stuff is do'able in the console. (name Id games with a good options menu, its always a cfg file).

410 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo