Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Trindermon

Real Name Trindermon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Theo
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description cheesey.
Homepage http://atomicrain.net
Signed On Oct 18, 2005, 19:08
Total Comments 393 (Amateur)
User ID 23977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Blue's Diablo III Beta Preview
20. Re: Blue's Diablo III Beta Preview Oct 4, 2011, 17:51 Theo

dont agree on a bunch of points, but its a great write up Stephen ;-) (maybe we will see more of it?). Personally i am loving beta. but for that diablo2 feeling i am looking forward to Torchlight2 - if you fancy getting some party style play on feel free to look me up, i am uk time zone though so might be hard work...

same mail address as i am registered with here.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
97. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 14:46 Theo

Optional nickname wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 14:27:
People, you're supposed to have both Nvidia and AMD videocards in your house now. Don't you realize Nvidia paid Carmack 20 million dollars to force fail on "ATI" cards?

Ohh common its not like ATI/AMD dont have a HUGE history of releasing utterly shit drives. Christ back in the day they litterally were known for nuking windows installs. (worse than the old matrox drivers).

That company/ product line is litterally LITTERED with shitty driver storys. Nvidia arnt perfect but they certainly dont have a history as shitty as the AMD/ATI productlines.

News Comments > More id RAGE Midnight Madness
53. Re: More id RAGE Midnight Madness Oct 4, 2011, 05:26 Theo

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 04:28:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 03:54:
PC version has what seems an FoV of 60 cause it's making me fucking nauseous.
No FoV option.
Mouse acceleration up the asshole.
NO Vsync option.
NO Aim Toggle option.
0 Graphics options.

Yowzers. I knew this was going to be a X360 port but I didn't expect it to be a bad one. Sadly, I'm not really surprised. id wasn't the first ex-PC developer to abandon the PC but it will probably be one of the last, since most other developers already did it years ago.

Way past time to put some good stock in CDProjekt.

Shite..

Like any Id game, all this stuff is do'able in the console. (name Id games with a good options menu, its always a cfg file).

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
104. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 3, 2011, 06:18 Theo

wrlwnd wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 23:36:
Slashman wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 00:38:
wrlwnd wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 00:15:
Cutter wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 17:12:
Whore yourself some more why don't you, Johnny? Going to be playing on the 360 too while you're at it?

Get a life, moron.

Some of us (me) actually have both a gaming PC and a console, and have no problem with a game being (gasp!) released on both.

It's the content that matters, not the platform. Duh.

Not trying to defend Cutter here or anything but...seriously? 'It's the content that matters, not the platform?'

I mean...you think it doesn't matter when the quality of content is directly influenced by the obvious limitations of an old platform?

I don't have a beef with you owning both platforms...but you'd have to be living in some alternate dimension to believe that what we get from multiplatform games isn't diminished for the PC by the fact that the lead SKU for development is a console.

Uh, you actually want to blame the consoles for that?

Really?

As if a development team is incapable of delivering quality content on both?

So that's the consoles fault??

Really????

Its ok, later on in the year he will be off to go buy the new batman game and spend ages telling everyone how the pc version is a better game because of a texture pack.

despite the gameplay won't change, despite the fact consoles drove the success of the game.

News Comments > WoW Magazine Ends
18. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 17, 2011, 07:36 Theo

EvE online has a great magazine (Eon) but the thing is - given the unique nature of eve and the way its community interact with each other (read: set each other on fire) the concept really works. The mag isnt really about the mechanics of the game and more about the power struggles that are going on within the game. obviously they do articles on various ships classes and builds for that stuff and features of the game, but the best stuff is the propganda that the various factions and alliances put out in the mag. The quality is also fucking awsome.

its like someone in this topic said, with a game like wow, your likely to be able to find the "mechanical infomation" online and probably better disscussed. It was prolly doomed to fail i would guess.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal
19. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 04:09 Theo

WyldKat wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 03:46:
On the ranked PVP gear discussion:

The simple truth that Blizzard doesn't want to acknowledge is that they could easily promote balanced PVP by doing what Guild Wars 2 is doing with their ranked PVP and putting everyone in a set gear set where the only thing that differs is your skill selection, player skill, and whatever cosmetic changes you've unlocked.

That means they have to care about skill balance - and they dont. Gear isnt the only part of this. If a skill has a overpowered ability or property that is fun in PvE they dont want to start making changes to the PvE game to acommodate the PvP game.

They could of course make skills totally different in PvP - but the fact is that is NOT and never was good game design.

WyldKat wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 03:46:
Anyways yeah, I'll likely pay more mind to PVP (both ranked and RvR) in Guild Wars 2 and be treating Diablo 3/Torchlight 2 as just a fun monster smashing diversion with friends.

PvP should be seen for what it is in D3, a fun distraction that might actaully be ok; leave serious PvPing for serious PvP games.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal
13. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 03:05 Theo

I dont get why people keep trying to turn this in there heads to be a competative pvp game, when the intent is to make it a good PvE game.

Jay Wilson already stated on a number of occasions, PvP is there as a "fun feature", they will never balance the game based on it, always on PVE. Meaning Like in D2, PvP will be a bit of a 7 headed step child.

News Comments > Space Marine MIA from U.K. Steam
14. Re: Space Marine MIA from U.K. Steam Sep 10, 2011, 09:11 Theo

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 09:00:
Why not delist it from GAME? as if anybody cares about brick stores

probably because shelve sales are important for the console market - and PS3/360 are a large chunk of profit. Shops like game are fucked anyhow - especially when the next generation of console will more than likely go fully digital distrobuted.

News Comments > Space Marine MIA from U.K. Steam
3. Re: Space Marine MIA from U.K. Steam Sep 9, 2011, 20:59 Theo

not the first time, steam fucking sucks. brink was missing for 2 months. given it was a british dev, and lots of the ET community is from the uk, that massivly hurt then game and community on PC.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City Still Using GFWL
6. Re: Batman: Arkham City Still Using GFWL Aug 30, 2011, 10:42 Theo

I have litterally *NEVER* had a issue with GFWL - dont get me wrong its a bit annoying, but functionality wise its never "broken" on me. Guess i am just lucky.

will be getting on the pc, and will be happy that its counting to my gamerscore on my xbox.

News Comments > Steve Jobs Resigns
55. Re: Steve Jobs Resigns Aug 25, 2011, 10:03 Theo

Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 03:04:
Apple develops Fisher Price tech products for people with disposable incomes.

As a person who is into computer hardware and technology I've never paid them much attention to them. "Tech journalists" seem to lavish a disportionate amount of column space to a company that is better at aesthetic product design and doesn't impact anyone who is seriously into hardware, or a poweruser.

Not sure how to take this, let me put another spin on it.

Ive been in computing for 20 years now, working professionally. I am a "proper" techie. 10 years ago i was the sort of guy that spent time on my linux boxes at home, setting up dual boot etc so i could still game. In other words a poweruser.

Now i am approaching my 40's and i really cant be bothered as much as i used to. To say i am clown who dosent know what i am talking about would be wrong; i know more than your average joe, and more than most so called "powerusers" - that said i love my iphone.

It just works, and unlike my wifes HTC/droid handset, it has a clean efficent UI that doesnt look like it was designed by a 90's KDE developer (read someone who was designing a UI with no UI design skills).

i see what your saying, but for me as i have got older i have come to appreciate products that "just work" - despite the fact i really know what i am doing.

This is after all a phone, i really dont want to play with my phone, i want it to be feature rich, and for it to just work.

News Comments > John Carmack on RAGE
31. Re: John Carmack on RAGE Aug 22, 2011, 10:46 Theo

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 21, 2011, 22:54:
Bhruic wrote on Aug 21, 2011, 21:43:
LOL this post can't be for real. At least Carmack actually ships product, which is more than I can say for Valve, how long did TF2 take? HL2? Episode 3? yeah whatever.

Um, when's the last time id released a game? How long until the time before that? Unless you count the iPhone releases, their last "game" was Quake Live, which was just a browser based Q3A. Their last actual game was Doom 3, which came out in 2004.

Valve has released at least a game a year for the past 4 years. They are definitely doing better on that front than id is.

I meant in the sense that they don't take 10 years a project, while making shit tons of money off of selling other people's games on Steam. Bad analogy I suppose but still. Fuck Gabe and his fat cheeseburger loving ass.

how many of the games valve released since HL2 have been there own internally developed IP?

News Comments > RAGE Using Steamworks
14. Re: RAGE Using Steamworks Aug 13, 2011, 04:15 Theo

CannibalBob wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 02:42:
Excellent! I'm glad they wisened up and decided to use Steamworks instead of GFWL.

bet it ends up a mess in the multiplayer in that case, as Id said its going to be p2p and steamworks's use of upnp is shockingly bad - get ready to start mapping ports on your routers.

3 days after release (when people have finished the single player), there is gonna be a bunch of "mutli player connectivity issues" id put money on it and people will bitch about it.

hope i am wrong and they have put something propriatry in the game to handle the connections in and out via upnp.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced
1. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced Aug 12, 2011, 13:11 Theo

Another valve release that is a no-imagination thing. least i like CS tho,  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming
171. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 11, 2011, 11:31 Theo

Prez wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 10:54:
Oh, absolutely. I have no doubt that D3 will be up to the typical Blizzard standard of excellence, which is in my opinion unquestionable. Which is why I find this so depressing.

Totally fair comment, in a way i kinda wish i had your moral stance; I really dissagree with so much of what is going on, but i really want to play the games and dont have the moral strenght to not buy, and i will never pirate, i will ether decide to support it (worts aside) or not. (but now i am derailing the topic, so ill shush).

159. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 11, 2011, 05:35 Theo

Prez wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 19:29:
For anyone not a trolling retard, it should be easy to understand that I don't play MMO's for the same reason. I want a game that is there to be played when I'm ready to play it, whether it's 2 years or 2 decades from now.

The Hobbit was written 8 decades ago, and I can still read it. Citizen Kane was filmed 7 decades ago and I can still watch it. I don't think it's unreasonable at all, retards opinions be damned, for me to expect to be able to play a favorite game a similar amount of time in the future. GOG ensures that I can. Blizzard now is ensuring that sooner or later, I won't be able to.

Thus I will support GOG and abandon Blizzard. Simple.

This is a fair arguement and totally your choice, but *you* do have to accept that whilst this your choice of criteria means you won't play those games - its does not make them bad gameplay experiances and from a pure gameplay standpoint they should be judged on the gameplay and its merits.

I am not saying you are guilty of this, but lots in this topic are; there is a distinction between making a moral stand and judging a game based on its gameplay experiance.

News Comments > Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM
16. Re: Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM Aug 11, 2011, 05:22 Theo

Acleacius wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 04:36:
Activision knows how to shake players down, not only that, they willing and eagerly do it.

you get a million cool points for using the words "shake down" Mr Soprano ;-) /grin

115. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 17:07 Theo

jsmith wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 16:53:
Thelemite wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 16:42:
...The seeds were planted years ago with Steam....

Except Steam allows for offline mode with zero issue. The company that has attempted to pioneer this Always-on DRM was Ubisoft, where there is no option to play off line. Steam did nothing more than allow users to keep their games library in an organized environment, easy access to purchasing games, friend's access via chat or voice, convenient backup options, and allow developers cloud support with Steamworks.

Again, unless the game requires an internet connection and directly hooked to Steam in some way, you do not have to be in online mode to use Steam.

try telling that to the poor sap that bought boxed HL2 with no internet and tried to play it.

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 on Steam
2. Re: No Battlefield 3 on Steam Aug 6, 2011, 12:50 Theo

Xirix wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 12:45:
Damn..I really like Steam.

About time that people realised that valve are the google of gaming. Very uncool people.

News Comments > Activision Financials, Diablo III Beta This Quarter
35. Re: Activision Financials, Diablo III Beta This Quarter Aug 5, 2011, 06:14 Theo

Verno wrote on Aug 4, 2011, 10:07:
You can't give people easy mode raiding and expect them to automatically like a much harder difficulty, particularly that demographic of gamer.

Interesting (not that i am disagreing with you) I was in the demographic that actaully returned when i heard that grouping was not easy mode anymore. weird eh?

393 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo