Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Trindermon

Real Name Trindermon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Theo
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description cheesey.
Homepage http://atomicrain.net
Signed On Oct 18, 2005, 19:08
Total Comments 400 (Amateur)
User ID 23977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons
58. Re: The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons May 8, 2012, 09:58 Theo

bhcompy wrote on May 8, 2012, 09:25:
Beelzebud wrote on May 7, 2012, 21:14:
I just want to see an MMO that does not use the Wow FormulaDark Age of Camelot formula. Design your own combat systems. Design your own skill systems. Stop making every MMO exactly the same game with a different skin on it.

Say what you will about Asheron's Call and Everquest, but at least in that era there was a clear distinction between the games.

Fixed. I hate revisionist history.

Yher cause is DAOC totally the originator here, "revisionist", how about disscussing the games that really did provide wows fingerprint?

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > FilePlanet Heading Towards a Black Hole?
35. Re: FilePlanet Heading Towards a Black Hole? May 4, 2012, 05:07 Theo

Haz wrote on May 3, 2012, 13:11:
Hung around in Gamespy3D chat way too much back in the day. Was interesting to see it morph into the collection of sites and services over the years. Was a paid weekend Admin in Arcade for about a year. Then I went psychotic and quit. Shut down the Counter Strike chat lobby the night I quit and told all present that I was an Admin with a Ban Button and no reason NOT to use it! Good Times!

FilePlanet going to the pay model sucked, but I used it for awhile. Also paid a month at a time to get in on the occasional Beta. Good speeds and for the most part resumable downloads that were great for the day.

Good Hunting! %-)
HazDaGeek
#

my fucking lord, It might have been you that recruited me in to the arcade helpers program or at least referred me to karen.

News Comments > FilePlanet Heading Towards a Black Hole?
13. Re: FilePlanet Heading Towards a Black Hole? May 3, 2012, 12:31 Theo

I used to moderate various gamespy services back in the day before IGN got its hands on them. Mainly back when planetquake was my daily read/community. (was on the arcade/3d moderation and helper team).

its really sad to see what became of gamespy, the "no smacktards" line still makes me laugh to this day.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed
46. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 2, 2012, 09:48 Theo

Creston wrote on May 1, 2012, 17:53:
Yay, 360 timed-release exclusive.

It's like Todd Howard sits there wondering just HOW he can piss people the fuck off. "well, those damn PC pirates have had my game in the Steam top 10 for going on six straight months now, so let's make the DLC 360 exclusive!"

And yes, before some boring corporate assdrone comes on to whine how this was agreed on before the game released, it still fucking sucks ass, so shut up.

Creston

and it still sold less than on the 360. /wickedgrin

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Events
23. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 04:14 Theo

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 01:39:
Acleacius wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 23:34:
It's crazy to ship so full of bugs to your customers, at least from what I read there tons of issues with this game.
Been in the beta for a long time, have yet to see it 'full of bugs' except for the minor problems between release patches. And those get fixed rather quickly.

Product full of bugs? Not so much.

Been in since first wave of beta 1. games full of bugs? anyone telling you so is full of it - its got its issues and lots has change since early beta - but its not buggy except when the servers go shitshaped.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 20, 2012, 15:01 Theo

heopfully new consoles soon, cant come fast enough - if new console with better hardware are released at least we will see some PC games start to take some strides again from a graphical standpoint as cross platform development is a reality thesedays (that and i have to admit to liking a bit of console action now and then).

News Comments > No PvP in Diablo III Launch
30. Re: No PvP in Diablo III Launch Mar 10, 2012, 05:48 Theo

WyldKat wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 22:55:
This is staggering, especially how much Blizz hyped up Diablo 3's PVP and how esports friendly it supposedly was.

what? have you followed development at all or just like saying inacurate stuff? Jay Wilson has consistently said they are not aiming to be a esport because they dont want to think about pvp balance only pve balance.

This is a bit upsetting imo as the game has no "go hostile" feature like d2 had, so effectivly it has no pvp at all. that is something that has sustained d2 for a VERY VERY long time.

News Comments > EVE Online Plans Outlined
5. Re: EVE Online Plans Outlined Feb 23, 2012, 08:28 Theo

Zanakar wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 03:17:
Wonder if *this* will finally be the update that allows any player to join CCP's Very Special Friends Club. The club that allows members to repeatedly make insults that are equivalent of calling black-skinned people "f*ing n***s" and get away without punishment, while calling a Club member "nerd who needs a life" gets one a forum ban at first and game ban soon afterwards. Saw stuff like that happen more than once during the years I played Eve-Online.
Eve-Online definitely has nice and unique mechanics, yet CCP is so incredibly biased towards "pet" players that it is breathtakingly sickening. In the sandbox that is Eve-Online, all players are equal. Some are just more equal than others.

T20- was years ago. get over it.

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Over DOTA TM
21. Re: Blizzard Sues Over DOTA TM Feb 10, 2012, 11:24 Theo

The most annoying thing is that riot games were classy enough to leave the name alone they have a much longer history of theoretical "ownership" than Icefrog does. Then LoL was born without the "help" of a DOTA name and became the largest multiplayer game in the world right now. (11+ million peeps active right now, (not total) account uniquie IDs active in the last x days).

I said it back in the begining, Valve are pulling a DICK MOVE here and are cashing in on something they didnt contribute to in anyway for there own profits, personally i hope blizzard taken them to the cleaners and the name DOTA stays in the mod community.

But honestly when was the last time Valve released some IP they created, answer, HL2.

News Comments > More Diablo III Cuts
66. Re: More Diablo III Cuts Jan 29, 2012, 04:51 Theo

Ive not played the beta since the original "we are changing stuff" announcment a few months ago; so yesterday i decided to give it another play through; have to say its looking better than it was a few months ago.

Just little things here and there it does feel better than it did. As for these features, well i dont really understand why the pet things had been dropped, its not like they were a major system anyhow more a "fun little thing" that collected gold for you. Certainly nothing totally unique like Torchlight where the pet was a real feature - so for me it could have been left in and then a different system could have been implemented - or they could add to the companion AI.

still tho the game does play well and is certainly better that it was last time i played.

For one i applaud blizzard for there beta process actaully being a beta; so many beta's thesedays are demo's - at least this is a real itteration process and testing for various game systems they have.

News Comments > Microsoft Dropping MS Points?
11. Re: Microsoft Dropping MS Points? Jan 24, 2012, 13:55 Theo

This kinda means ill be worse off :-( given the dollor/pound conversion rate, (And they tend to base game prices on xbox live in what it would cost in dollors, not pounds). ill end up paying more for arcade games.

ohhh well couldnt last forever i suppose.

What i mean here, is that 1200 points (expensive arcade game), equates to about 15 dollors, but its only 10.20pounds. I bet you when this finishes, it will be 15 dollors AND 15 pounds.

News Comments > Star Trek Online F2P Begins
15. Re: Star Trek Online F2P Begins Jan 18, 2012, 03:39 Theo

Acleacius wrote on Jan 18, 2012, 01:10:
Is there a Blues server (if I can ever get logged in)?

I sent a email to PWE Customer Support, at least I got a conformation email on that!

Its 1 big server, alwasy has been

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
6. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 13:18 Theo

console game anyhow, will get it on xbox.

News Comments > The Old Republic Bans?
43. Re: The Old Republic Bans? Jan 2, 2012, 07:53 Theo

Sepharo wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 19:05:
ASeven wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 18:46:
Been googlefuing a bit more, found this, no idea if they're real or fake.
http://i.imgur.com/e3dRQ.png
http://i.imgur.com/ncUKU.jpg

Holy shit warned for "playing" the auction house? You mean my early WoW strategy of buying all the cotton is illegal in swtor?

BTW: was not legit in wow ether, my mate got banned for "cornering the market" believe it or not

News Comments > The Old Republic Stats
70. Re: The Old Republic Stats Dec 28, 2011, 05:26 Theo

CannibalBob wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 04:19:
Sounds really cool! Of course, Guild Wars will still have its (improved) story system, unlike World of Warcraft which had absolutely no story.

I am no wow Fan boy and stoped playing a bunch of time ago, but this is wrong. each wow zone has a story (especially the newer ones), its just that no-body bothers to read them because they are 2 busy grinding rat tails.

News Comments > Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost
59. Re: Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost Dec 26, 2011, 08:04 Theo

All good arguements i got nothing really

in my defense its such a long time since i played ME1 i probably am confusing it with 2 so much.

2 imo, wasnt good on the ui front on the pc, i own it on both the 360 and the pc; only finished it on the xbox. (mainly due to i can never get through a BW game more than once). all tho in ME1 i do seem to remmeber thinking on the PC "ffs, why is the diolog options still designed for a pad" - mind you they use that wheel even on there mmo, and thats pc only.

57. Re: Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost Dec 26, 2011, 06:09 Theo

Jerykk wrote on Dec 26, 2011, 05:48:
PS: biowears redesign of ui's is minimal at best, really not a good example; they do the bear minimum to make it work on a pc; its not like that dam convo wheel wasnt invented for a 360 pad ffs.

I think you really need to play the console versions to see just how different the UI really are. The PC versions of Dragon Age have hotbars, resized fonts and icons, re-arranged layouts, etc. The Mass Effect games have the same (though less effort was put into ME2's UI). Conversely, the console versions of these games had large fonts, large icons, less efficient layouts and relied heavily on radial menus.

Have played masseffect on both platforms. I stand by what i said for that game, i have not played dragon age. The layouts are very "efficent" on the console if you are using a pad. Changes for the Pc version were retro fitted to make it useable on the PC, is was still minamalistic in terms of UI conversion. Better than skyrim by i mile i grant you; its still not a good example.

Out of interest, would you have liked skyrim to have a better UI and PC specific tweeks at the expense of content for all platforms?

That's not how development works. Level designers, environmental artists, character artists, scripters, riggers, etc, don't work on UI. Typically, there's one UI designer/artist and one UI programmer. That's it. These two people could have easily made a better PC UI without sacrificing any of the game's other content. Hell, a modder made a better UI in a matter of weeks and that wasn't even his full-time job. It's not like salaried employees get paid extra based on how much work they do. Not in the games industry. They could have designed a PC-centric UI without paying them even a cent more.

Thats fair comment, i am well aware of how development works (give you know, done it for a living); it still adds time at the end of the process though - as you should know / any diversion of code (and UI is basically just that and a tiny amount of art) adds to testing and bugging time.

There's really no valid excuse for Bethesda's laziness. They, like most other publishers and developers, are content with simply making sure that their ports are functional, rather than ideal. Despite the lackluster DA2, I have to give credit to Bioware for the effort they put into their ports. Even DA2 was a good port, if not a good game.

Ill take your word for it, as mentioned i didnt play it for longer than it took to realise they were copying and pasting content.

55. Re: Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost Dec 26, 2011, 05:27 Theo

Jerykk wrote on Dec 25, 2011, 19:57:
I completely disagree. If you're going to release a game on multiple platforms, you should ensure that each platform gets equal focus. For the PC, this means redesigning the UI as necessary (as Bioware tends to do). Skyrim's UI was clearly designed for gamepads, not M/KB, and even with gamepads, it's slow, clunky and requires an excessive amount of scrolling. Skyrim would be a better game if the UI were better.

I dont doubt that in a ideal world companys would do this. Budgets, and release schedules on the other hand mean that if it works it goes out the door.

I really think we need to accept (unfortunatly) that in the world of multi-platform releases that compromises are being made to take the experiance to a wider audiance. That in its self has benafits, the more they sell the larger the buget they have for the next title; admittedly the larger the budget has to be to to support a multiplatform release however, given the "minimalistic" way things are ported in terms of UI and design; lots of said design budget does go on content.

Out of interest, would you have liked skyrim to have a better UI and PC specific tweeks at the expense of content for all platforms?

PS: biowears redesign of ui's is minimal at best, really not a good example; they do the bear minimum to make it work on a pc; its not like that dam convo wheel wasnt invented for a 360 pad ffs.

News Comments > Torchlight II Trailer
20. Re: Torchlight II Trailer Dec 19, 2011, 03:28 Theo

its worth noting that no-where on the facebook page do they call this a trailer. that seems to be limited to a "reporting error".

at least as far as i can see.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
40. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 07:40 Theo

everyone wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 06:38:
Theo wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 05:09:
You dont have to have steam auto patch games, its a option on a per game basis (in the properties, under update). i tend to do this for all bethesda games i buy - cause i am totally sick of putting a fire extinguisher next to my PC every time they patch one of there games.
All that stops is updates for games you aren't playing. If you play them, they will update.

really? ohh heck.

400 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo