Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Trindermon

Real Name Trindermon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Theo
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description cheesey.
Homepage http://atomicrain.net
Signed On Oct 18, 2005, 19:08
Total Comments 405 (Amateur)
User ID 23977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Chris Roberts Game Countdown?
33. Re: Chris Roberts Game Countdown? Sep 10, 2012, 18:59 Theo

Beamer wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 18:49:
Wasn't Freelancer the one that was more or less universally hated for being a point-and-click mouse flying game instead of supporting joysticks?

No. it was a flawed game that was still loved (and is still played), DESPITE that.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Aug 24, 2012, 10:58 Theo

beigemore wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 05:20:
Wow that dust game looks amazing. Too bad I don't have a 360.

Its very very good for a 15 quid title, well hell, its good for a 30 quid title tbh.

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
35. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 23, 2012, 05:57 Theo

Whilst i think Jays a bit of a pillock in the general for some of his design choices (like the current skill choice UI, there was fucking nothing wrong with the one they had earlier in beta and it was at least consistent with the rest of the fucking UI); i don't think he had any reason to appologise really.

Its not like taking cheap shots from the position of "look we did a better job" was a classy thing to say in public anyhow. David Brevik sounded like some kinda arnold rimmer in his post, not some games guru. He should take a long look at Max at runic for lessons on how to be classy.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 17, 2012, 06:38 Theo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 08:06:
You are right of course, still sad ;/

totally mate, i would drop money on a pc version as well; ive really enjoyed playing it.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 16, 2012, 06:46 Theo

it was a 1 man band who won the "dream, build, play" competition that MS host for XBLA and windows phone live. I appreciate what you are saying , but in this case without microsoft i doubt the guy would have had the time and funding to eventually turn out a product like this.

i hope he is allowed to take it to windows sooner or laters, but i dont think there is much doubt that he couldnt of funded the game without ms help.

valve certainly arnt in the bussiness of doing indys any faviours at all.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 15, 2012, 18:21 Theo

I know this is a PC site for the most part, but look at this if you have a xbox. at least get the demo, great story (in terms of indy dev come good) and a really good game to boot.  

News Comments > Diablo III Armory Rumor
26. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 2, 2012, 04:26 Theo

kinda quit playing after inferno bored the pants off me, they need to hurry up and deliver PvP, i dont care about anything else now. (bad view point i know).

News Comments > Quoteworthy - "Windows 8 is a Catastrophe" - Gabe Newell
136. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 26, 2012, 10:16 Theo

KilrathiAce wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 08:28:
- Win8 only boots into metro, no option to go to desktop by default,

its a few lines of config to dissmiss the metro shell on boot. Its also hardly taxing to manually dissmiss it. Metro is more like a start menu/task/widget manager than a full shell.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Progress Report
17. Re: Torchlight 2 Progress Report Jul 18, 2012, 02:19 Theo

hope they take the time needed, all tho i think a few people will be unhappy about the release slipping past summer (if it does) cause thats what steam has been advertising for the pre order.

News Comments > UE4 Fortnite PC Release Next Year
22. Re: UE4 Fortnite PC Release Next Year Jul 13, 2012, 17:12 Theo

I am confused, is there a source that says its a PC exclusive? cause i always got the impression it would land on consoles, and the PC would get a "tuned up version" post that.

I am not saying in any way that i am right, i just always had that impression and dont know where i got it from. Also in the above text there is *nothing* to suggest a PC exclusive; just a note saying it will come to PC and use UE4 on pc (porting between the 2 really shouldnt be overly taxing).

Also, i know this will be a bit of a "burn the heretic" moment, but i dont get the hate for Epic, yes they have been doing console games for sometime, but gears3 was lots of fun if you like "chewing gum dude bro shooters" and dont take it overly seriously. I certainly enjoy it anyhow.

Seems like Epic get most heat because CliffyB talks a bit o shit from time to time, but lets face it; he is just 1 part of a very large wheel, and at least you dont tend to hear him shit talking other developers; he's usually pretty respectful of other IP's and development houses.

seems like a lot of panties in a twist about the whole "omg console releases".

That ramble aside, i'd be interested on the original source for the article above - as like i said, i always got the impression it would be a multi-platform thing, i am more than happy to see epic back on the PC action.

If anything, i was upset i didnt get to play gears 3 on a PC; was a decent fun shooter.

News Comments > F1 Online: The Game Beta Opens
4. Re: F1 Online: The Game Beta Opens Jun 27, 2012, 14:12 Theo

Genuinly like it, micromachines play is fun. the "tagged on development" of the team is great as well. totally limited, but still lots of fun.

News Comments > Diablo III EU Patch Live
2. Re: Diablo III EU Patch Live Jun 27, 2012, 12:36 Theo

my guess would be the *remaining* 3 places in the game you could checkpoint cheese the game. clearly not intended - 1 to 45 in a few hours easily possible.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear
36. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 27, 2012, 10:12 Theo

Verno wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 09:20:

That's not a lot of money considering the length of time it takes to run both of those acts, the GPH is low to moderate.

I'll staty away from the D2 comp tbh mate, it think there is a lot of rose tinted glasses there, especially when it comes to NPC challenge/difficulty/tacs/.

That said, your right about the above, that was largely just speed running the acts, not clearing i was trying to demonstrate that minus repairs we still made a bunch of gold without especially trying to (we were just playing over a few beers and enjoying grinding elite packs/bosses etc).

Verno wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 09:20:
Sure there are casuals who were only going to be playing for a few weeks regardless but theres plenty of diehard Diablo people who can't be bothered anymore either. The games actual replay value is quite a bit less than previous iterations due to a combination of factors - less interesting items, simplified gameplay mechanics, less uniques/sets/etc to collect, more linear gameplay and mapping, etc. It's simply not as deep or satisfying as Diablo 2 right now. Classes are more pigeonholed now which is leading to boredom in the later difficulties I think.

Actaully fuck it i will bite. there are also a big amount of us who are still playing. D2s ladder community was hardly huge by modern standards. Lots of the folks complaining played D2 years and years ago, and never came back; except for a occasional play through.

Difference is they are bitter because of expectations (PS not really lumping you in this group) just sayin.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2012, 10:19.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear
34. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 27, 2012, 08:28 Theo

InBlack wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 08:03:
Boohoo some more? Fuck that.

To be honest, as a life long D2 player (and d1 for that matter); i honestly think that most of the crying is from people "thought" that they were going to be in to the game for year to come; the truth is though they are just casual action RPG fans.

If a game gave you over 100 hours fun; regardless of long term appeal; it was proabably worth the money.

I am still playing - all tho now down to a few days a week (inf solidy on farm), still enjoying the game and dont mind the balance changes at all. my mate was bitching about repair cost, so we did a act1/2 run in inf. we made litterally well over 700k in gold - post repair bills. what. the. f. is the problem.

News Comments > EVE Online: Inferno Launches
2. Re: EVE Online: Inferno Launches Jun 19, 2012, 12:52 Theo

Inferno Launched last month. Version 1.1 however, of inferno just arrived (or is in the process of doing so).

Is there anyway of reporting "mishaps" to Stephen? no big deal like - just made me go "eh?"

News Comments > Endless Space Beta
1. Re: Endless Space Beta Jun 13, 2012, 11:37 Theo

confused. been in the beta for weeks and weeks.... game is really good.  

News Comments > Epic Wins Case Versus Silicon Knights
23. Re: Epic Wins Case Versus Silicon Knights May 31, 2012, 11:52 Theo

Verno wrote on May 31, 2012, 09:05:
StingingVelvet wrote on May 31, 2012, 06:21:
Yeah, I have seen very little texture pop-in on PC. Borderlands when you first load an area after fast-travel maybe, but that's it.

However on consoles the pop-in is RAMPANT. I have played Xbox games on a friend's machine and Mass Effect, BioShock, Borderlands and many others all have terrible texture load-in lag. I remember in Bioshock when he sacrificed a little sister the leech thing was always just a big brown blur because the texture too longer to load in than the animation of killing her and the leech.

Yeah its pretty obnoxious on the consoles, it's part of the reason devs are so addicted to controlled cutscenes as hidden loads now.

Boardlands on the 360 is ok with pop in if you install it to your drive, its fucking AWFUL if your reading off disk. least seems that way on mine.

Masseffect 1 on the 360 minght be the worst game of all time in terms of technology; it performs like shit and has pop in no matter what - Me2 is fine tho.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch
130. Re: Diablo III Patch May 30, 2012, 10:25 Theo

Quinn wrote on May 30, 2012, 09:34:
What. The. Fuck.

Did Blizzard unleash some sort of crazy braincells eating virus upon the Bluesnews community? What the hell is going on here!?

Theo, didn't I freaking say the character was dead in the heroes list completely before my friend even entered the Diablo world? Not with those words, but I did freaking say it. Besides, whatever nin tries to throw out there, logging out in town is even RECOMMENDED because in this way your characte can't get raped when you believe you've logged out but the servers haven't properly "refreshed" your hero to that status yet.

I wasnt clear to me at all, you said "the game decided he was dead".

Point about checkpoints/loggin in town stands.

PS: for what its worth i agree it sucks and also i hate the fact that when you do login (regardless of your personal situation), you do start from a checkpoint and not town with waypoint persistance.

Its nearly killed me on my hardcore dude a number of times.

112. Re: Diablo III Patch May 30, 2012, 08:08 Theo

Mr. Tact wrote on May 30, 2012, 08:02:
Theo wrote on May 30, 2012, 08:00:
repeat after me, logging out in town does not work. You always start at your last checkpoint.

your fault.

It's his fault logging out in town will kill his hardcore mode character? Really?

what i assume happened (and i know assumptions are the mother of all screw ups),

is he logged out in town expecting to be back in town when he logged in. he relogged in at somepoint and loaded where he was supposed to *at the last checkpoint* and proceeded to get owned by a pack stood next to the checkpoint.

had a mate who lost a char the same way - and it because he didnt realise you always start at your last checkpoint - not where you log off - the game is checkpoint based and has no concept of positional persistence upon exit.

like i said, admittedly assumptions, asumptions.

given the comment of "i logged out in town tho", its not a massive reach.

111. Re: Diablo III Patch May 30, 2012, 08:04 Theo

Dades wrote on May 29, 2012, 22:50:

Most people hacked probably have no idea how or even if their machine was hacked so asking them to take responsibility is a moot point. Do you yell at your girlfriend if her WoW account gets hacked? She probably clicked on a lolcat from some friend and got something without ever being slightly aware. Those are the kinds of people who buy Blizzard games, these are mass market products. Blizzard might as well just assume every user is stupid and force them to either use an authenticator or confirm login IP changes. It's a minor inconvenience that will save everyone involved a lot of time and money.

so its ok to be ignorant and do nothing about it when you realise you are missing some info?

no i dont shout at my wife for getting owned, i do however expect her to at least try to work in a safer fashion once its happened as she is now aware of the threat and can empower her self to do something about the risks?

405 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo