Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Trindermon

Real Name Trindermon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Theo
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description cheesey.
Homepage http://atomicrain.net
Signed On Oct 18, 2005, 19:08
Total Comments 416 (Amateur)
User ID 23977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand
80. Re: SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand Mar 8, 2013, 19:37 Theo

Creston wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 15:20:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 14:52:
Don't get me wrong this is obviously a mess and a serious embarrassment, but I thought maybe that was THEIR point anyway with the dad's PC comment.

But then why wouldn't you just lower the graphical fidelity? Like every other game has been capable of doing since really the beginning of time. Why limit it on the one thing that every player and every single preview has been hammering them about?

It seems to me like they were hoping to squeeze by with just a few servers.

Creston

the games a utter mess, but you are way off line man. Its nothing to do with graphics, why to people always assume horsepower is about polygons? its about the simulation its doing; and its not cheating like it used to. simple.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SimCity Adding Servers
59. Re: SimCity Adding Servers Mar 7, 2013, 15:46 Theo

anno 2070 called its better.

News Comments > On Diablo III's Future
18. Re: On Diablo III's Future Mar 2, 2013, 04:48 Theo

I honestly think that 90% of the people in this topic, do not understand diablo3's problems, and have not read the content of that bluepost; but its ok we can splurg stuff on bluesnews and look clever anyways right?  

News Comments > Joel Bylos is Funcom's New Creative Director
1. Re: Joel Bylos is Funcom's New Creative Director Feb 26, 2013, 12:18 Theo

His AO dev update was a bit worrying, might have well said "i dont know what the hell i am doing, and i am likely to make changes you wont like".

AO needs a GD who understand it, and funcom need to be whipped badly. Not sure i will ever forgive them. really not sure why i have given them this much money over the last 10 years.

News Comments > Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB
43. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 19, 2013, 03:13 Theo

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 01:32:
"And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo 'cause nobody wants to."

Someone hasn't seen Halo and Halo 2's PC sales...

They probably have that's the problem. The guy is still a douche however.

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Issue
21. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Issue Feb 12, 2013, 16:08 Theo

YAWN  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Today
1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Today Feb 12, 2013, 09:29 Theo

Ahhhh EA's cross country sci-fi running simulator. didnt realise it was still going.  

News Comments > SMITE Open Beta Launches
12. Re: SMITE Open Beta Launches Jan 25, 2013, 03:51 Theo

It's closer to MNC than dota/lol imo, just because of how its played. Faster paced than a lol or a dota, and somewhat dumbed down. ill be sticking to the traditional format personally; but good luck to them.

News Comments > Path of Exile Open Beta This Month
12. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta This Month Jan 10, 2013, 12:34 Theo

I like it, the combats frankly a little stagnent like has been said, and i REALLY dont think the skill tree consitutes good design. I still think if you like action RPGs you will enjoy it and as is mentioned below the devs are at least supporting some good old school features that should keep old school arpg players happy.

Its REALLY unexciting early on, (least compared to say TL2), but it is a good game.

News Comments > Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed
30. Re: Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed Jan 9, 2013, 10:43 Theo

InBlack wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 10:22:
It just means its not as good as D2.

Exactly. Its not as good as D2, which is exactly why I and most nearly everyone else who spent any ammount of time with D2 is calling it trash.

TL2 has a cartoony look I dont like. I might try PoE once it is finished but what really irks me is that they fucked up the Diablo IP beyond all repair. I sure as hell am not going to buy Diablo4 at launch. Are you?

by the time its out mate ill probably be dead ;-) its not like blizzard dev things quickly

ill buy the expansion if that answers your question; personally i still play not regular, but prolly once a week, mainly hardcore only seen as that was the best way to play d2, and its the best way to play d3 I sometimes grind inferno on my 60 for laughs with a mate, it can be fun if you turn up the MP levels (and gets it back to challenging levels that we had pre all the pubbie tools bitching it was to hard)..

28. Re: Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed Jan 9, 2013, 09:48 Theo

InBlack wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 08:03:
I could go on, but really is there a point? D3 is simply inferior to D2 in every way and for a game that sold so many units on HYPE alone that is unacceptable.

you dont understand, at all. My point is no matter how much of a point you have that doesnt make it "trash" or "the worst game ever", or any of the other acustations that are leveled at the game. It just means its not as good as D2.

Thats it; thats all i am trying to point out.

BTW i agree with ... points, 4 5 and 6.

point1 is just vague, point2 has 3 incorrect statements, and one correct statement. point3 was true at launch; less so now (look @ the hardcore AH if you would like a better view of lower level gear).

etc, see we could argue this to kingdom come, but you are totally unable to talk about the game in a reasonable manner without being sensationalist.

Anyhow; if you really like ARPGs and D3 isnt your thing you should checkout PoE (i might have a invite left not sure, will check tonight), or TL2. TL2 is awsome, PoE is feature rich, but mechanically a bit of a mess.

25. Re: Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed Jan 9, 2013, 07:01 Theo

InBlack wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 06:37:
I really dont understand how you cant grasp why people are dissatisfied with D3. Its really simple. D2 set the goddamn bar SO HIGH that people expected D3 to be AT LEAST at that level and not a completely inferior one in almost every single respect (except for the graphics I guess). Is it clearer now?

You are missing my point, its ok to say "i played it, i didnt really like it, i preferred d2".

Most people arnt saying that however though are they? They are saying "OMFG, THIS GAME IS TRASH IS UTTERLY AWFUL", or words to that effect.

Sword of the stars2 on release was trash. It didnt work. WarZ compared to the advertised feature set is "trash", as it contained blatant lies in the advertising descriptions. ETC ETC. I have over 20 people on my friends list in d3, and 50% of them are in the camp of "this game is utter trash its the worst game all year" - i look @ the play time on those guys and most of them have over 100hours in the game; now tell me? why o why would you spend 100 hours on trash?

Its either, they are stupid, or its not trash at all simply it was, it was fun for a while, and then they had there fill.

My point is there is NOTHING wrong with not liking D3, thats fine; what i wrong is the whole internet sensationalist everything is black or white mentatlity.

Its infurating that people are that stupid. christ its even ok for someone to call the game trash if they picked it up played though normal and then decided they didnt like it, even then id say "trash" is a bit harsh, and really its just not the game they envisioned.

With regards to d2, i think lots of people who claim to be experts in d2 are talking out of there backsides frankly. Take it from someone that played more d2 than most people that game was fairly broken untill the expansion; and even then it was basically broken untill patch 1.10 when synergies somewhat fixed things.

Part of the whole d2 was awsome thing came form the fact it was the only game at the time really doing what it did; its part of the reason it gets looked back on with rose itnted goggles; cause if you examine the actaul mechanics, youd see d2 was a mess for quiet some time.

now dont get me wrong, i think the d3 mechanics are a mess, i think there are shit loads of problems; but calling a game trash when ive had over 100 hours on it is stupid.

22. Re: Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed Jan 9, 2013, 06:28 Theo

Still playing crew checking in, Its sad that people do this to kill others HC chars. :-(

I like d3, always have, i think lots of the moaning about it is over the top, especially from people who put in 50 or 60 hours in to the game and then complain its a trash game? That says more about them than the game. Its not the game we all wanted but that doesnt make it terrible.

The main difference between PoE and D3 will be that when someone plays PoE for 40 hours, and then decides they have had enough they wont go around telling the world that its the worst game ever.

(PS: PoE is *OK*, nothing specially, but it is ok; TL2 is better imo, and D3 whilst having simpler mechanics has MUCH better combat).

(you know, like the people that loved every moment of Me3 untill the last 5 mins and then decided a bad end made the rest of the game totally unenjoyable).

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Launches
31. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 21, 2012, 10:02 Theo

Beamer wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 09:55:
InBlack wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 03:20:
Definitely a hard game to get into, not for the "ME ME ME ME!" generation. Very steep learning curve. If you were born after 1990 then this game is probably not for you....

You really think the average CoD player is under 22?

Some people can be seriously demented in their own superiority complex. I guess you get that in every hobby. Somewhere out there some guy thinks he's special because he thinks his decision to collect only stamps from Burma makes him more intellectual.

this would get you +rep, if there was such a thing

24. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 21, 2012, 08:23 Theo

Hump wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 08:06:
You've obviously haven't played for long.

Joining a game and simply playing run-n-gun will get you very little XP and you'll contribute nothing to the empire you joined. Not to mention it'll get you dead pretty quickly. The base capture gives your team specific perks depending on what that bases function is. Theres the certification point system along with other units of reward all of which allows one to upgrade charcter, weapons, armor, vehicles, etc.

IOW, just joining and playing like you would a game of CoD is futile. You may as well not play at all. Unfortunatey the kiddies are going to assume this is a sci-fi version of battlefield will quit in frustration without having a clue as to what the game is all about.

I played planetside 1, and was in that first round of testers. Frankly I stand by my comments, i loved PS1, PS2 is *ok*.

"XP systems" loadout's etc are hardly unique to planetside, whilst the bases you capture do impact the game play. you are *not* going to go go randomly cap a base yourself; you are going to follow the rest of the squad (if using my example); and in doing that you will level just as well.

Its not like removing enemy players from the battlefield by killing them isn't a worthwhile thing to be doing. (and inevitably the flow of the game takes you to the important places).

Also, i have to say, if you are concerned about XP over the act of shooting someone, you are totally missing the whole point of planetside; both 1 and 2. Just shooting enemys isnt pointless ever. you might not understand the game as well as someone else but you are being valueable all the same - and frankly be dammed with all the "why so serious" stuff.

22. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 21, 2012, 07:40 Theo

NKD wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 03:49:
InBlack wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 03:20:
Definitely a hard game to get into, not for the "ME ME ME ME!" generation. Very steep learning curve. If you were born after 1990 then this game is probably not for you....

Once you do get into it its actually fantastic, the only thing that was lacking in the beta was a large server population.

Hopefully that will be alieviated now that the game has gone live, time to jump back into it.

Yup, not really an easy-mode game, nor a game for need-to-leave-the-gene-pool COD players. There's no logging on for 30 minutes, killing a few people, calling them gingers and/or fags and logging off. At least not if you want to have any fun or accomplish anything. You have to be working with a lot of other players to do anything. But the scale is rewarding once you find a crew to roll with.

Log in to game, Press Insert, (get placed in squad), press insert again *(get teliported to a squad mate), shoot someone. doesn't seem overly complicated to me.

Other than getting used to the scale there is nothing complicated about this game. point gun. shoot. done.

News Comments > Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends
27. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 20, 2012, 12:29 Theo

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 12:13:
Theo wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 08:01:
hopefully people have enough money left to fund elite :-( i get the feeling that 1 space sim might have taken everyones cash though :-(

I have no confidence in the people behind elite sorry to say it.

Same here, but i also think Roberts is the guy that got 6 years to make his last game, months ago when he started pitching his Star citizen project you know what he said? "publishers are evil they put pressure on me and i couldn't make it the game i wanted to".

SIX F**KING years microsoft gave him. I really want to Star Citizen to be a good game because i love space games, that said, Id rather be playing multiplayer Elite than a roberts game that promises more than it actually delivers.

News Comments > Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends
20. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 20, 2012, 08:01 Theo

hopefully people have enough money left to fund elite :-( i get the feeling that 1 space sim might have taken everyones cash though :-(

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - F1 Race Stars
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - F1 Race Stars Nov 14, 2012, 09:57 Theo

the thing is, mario cart style games are great fun no matter your age. (if you like that kinda thing), and this is the least fun "mario cart" type game i have played. (and i always tend to pick up fun racers).

handled right the F1 skin could have been fun, in a wacky races kinda way, but it just feels out of place and poor.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - F1 Race Stars
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - F1 Race Stars Nov 14, 2012, 02:59 Theo

downloaded the demo on the xbox, TERRIBLE TERRIBLE game, was looking forward to a mariocart syle racing game; this is not it. If you have a 360 you are better off with joyride (the none kinect one).

416 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo