Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Trindermon

Real Name Trindermon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Theo
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description cheesey.
Homepage http://atomicrain.net
Signed On Oct 18, 2005, 19:08
Total Comments 436 (Amateur)
User ID 23977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details
21. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 09:18 Theo

Tailer aside, all reports ive heard thsufar (incluing TB, whos usually pretty cynical about remastering/remakes) say that gearbox have knocked this one out of the park and its more a total conversion level of remastering.  

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Deadly TradeMarked
14. Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked Feb 20, 2015, 05:38 Theo

Arithon wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 03:29:
Cabezone wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 20:27:
I'm not going to be happy if they release pay DLC that adds actual combat content. Right now it's just a space trucking simulator with some dogfighting if you want.

I take it either you don't have the game and are just re-quoting some shallow review, or don't play very often.

There is abundant combat in the game. If you don't want to fight NPCs in one of the many nav points, resource sites or conflict zones, you can always visit LAVE in open play and go up against the French contingent that have taken the system. Watch Kate Russell's saved Twitch streams from last week and see the human pirate blockade around Yembo preying on traders taking metals to the station construction. More combat content that some would like already.

That said, if you have the game, you'd have read the newsletter that describes the 1.2 update with Wings (part of the core game) which groups players together for combat, shared jumps, shared bounty etc. and adds a revised comms system and two new ships. This is released in three weeks, with a Beta in two weeks.

Frontier have made it clear from day one, all development would be in the core game for everyone and the two planned expansions would be ship exploration and planetary landing. Not combat - a pre-existing core game mechanic.

I think the trademark is probably for another platform (not PC or Mac) so either a lightweight console version or mobile version, but I very much doubt it'll be anything we'll see soon.

I honestly think people who say "there is no content" want to play scripted experiences; rather than sandbox games. Its like people saying they are done with skyrim post finishing the main quest after not touching the other hundreds of quests and saying its a 20 hour game.

There is good things to do in elite, at least in the context of WHAT a space fighting and trading game is, that's what elite was in 1984 and its what it is now.

Its ok to think not be fond of those sandbox type experiences; but i wish people would understand WHY they are not fond of them rather than saying "there isnt anything to do".

A mate of mine bought the game and stoped playing after a week, i asked him what he didnt like the answer was not disimlear to the above (trading is really dull, i just go between point a and b).

So i asked why he didnt do something else? his answer ?
"its the only way to make money"...

What was he going to do with the money? thats right, buy a bigger ship, to do more trade runs with.

Ive got a few decent ships (a cobra, and asp); and ive not toughed trading once. Bounty hunting is fun and i don't get bored.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 2015, 05:46.

News Comments > Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview
10. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 05:16 Theo

InBlack wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 02:13:
This. Although the auction house was a huge fail, trading was an integral part of the Diablo experience.

Yher what was D2 with that russian trading forum experiance... ;-)
(being stupid now, but there is some truth in that).

I am torn on the trading thing, on one hand id like it but on the other hand i like finding my own gear, and with the smart drop system, thats totally achievable. (last season i got my optimal build, without leeching of others).

trading within the group still works, and frankly d3 has bigger issues to solve right now.

News Comments > Steam & Dota 2 Records
1. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 16, 2015, 12:19 Theo

no-one panic , record number of angry Russians playing dota 2!  

News Comments > GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers
13. Re: GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers Jan 23, 2015, 02:51 Theo

970 crew checking in, its amazing, basically as fast as a 780ti, for almost half the price - mile less power and almost silent most of the time.

very good card.

Nvidia's real advance here is how they can make these cards on the much cheaper smaller dye with same performance as last gen and the heat performance, mine hardly turns its fans on.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2015, 02:58.

News Comments > Cross-Platform Windows 10 Fable Legends Announced
17. Re: Cross-Platform Windows 10 Fable Legends Announced Jan 22, 2015, 02:16 Theo

so what i want to hear is that halo will come to windows 10. not sure that will happen cause they will want me to stream it from my xbone (with a pad i guess)...

News Comments > Steam Update Adds Broadcasting, FPS Counter
8. Re: Steam Update Adds Broadcasting, FPS Counter Jan 20, 2015, 05:48 Theo

Thanks for the update mate :-)  

News Comments > Steam Update Adds Broadcasting, FPS Counter
6. Re: Steam Update Adds Broadcasting, FPS Counter Jan 20, 2015, 04:58 Theo

Creston wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 00:52:
It's cool that Steam offers this, but game broadcasting is pretty bandwith intensive, so I hope this doesn't further burden their already pretty taxed bandwith availability.

Or is it purely peer-to-peer?

Stream has to go centrally, otherwise you'd cripple every streamer with more than 5 or 6 viewers.

Anyone know if this works with none steam titles that are launched via steam?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 19, 2015, 10:34 Theo

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 21:01:
I caved and pre-ordered GTA5, but not from Steam. I didn't want stupid San Andreas. I'm so glad I opted for L.A. Noire. Such an amazing game! How did I not play this before now?

Never did get the fuss, shuffling around the environment untill your pad buzzes is about the only way to play it ..... (./grin).

News Comments > MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers
5. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 09:45 Theo

Been playing with the technical preview, big improvement on 8/8.1 and seems to have inherited 8/8.1 foot print benefits so thats good. fingers crossed its a step forwards and not backwards.

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Trailer; Goro Preorder Bonus
11. Re: Mortal Kombat X Trailer; Goro Preorder Bonus Jan 15, 2015, 05:41 Theo

I am waiting to see how this pans out before i buy it ; but the reason would be that the last 2 games from these guys have had absolutely trash internet based multiplayer (so much so the PC fighting game community pretty much gave up on it).

want to see them get online multiplayer right before i give them any money.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta
5. Re: Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta Jan 14, 2015, 10:42 Theo

Very fond of this, dont like it as much as League; but its certainly pretty good and the shorter matches and more casual style make for a game you can get kicks out of without hurting your brain (league and or dota).

News Comments > Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag
25. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jan 14, 2015, 09:33 Theo

@CJ,

"I know. And the hard difficulty says you should play on hard if you have geared up with legendary loot from a normal playthrough."

No it doesnt - read it again.

If i recall right - normal says "for new players or people with no gear", hard says something like "for people with a rare item or two" (IE a couple of blues) not sure what expert is defined as.

I generally start on expert.

You are also free to change that difficulty whenever you like.

There are a number of things you keep stating as fact that are just inaccurate. That and you've also said that you found normal none challenging (and i would assume quiet boring); yet you still refused to use the flexibility that PC players so crave and request from devs (that Blizzard happen to have included).

dont uderstand why you went through 5 acts without changing it if yuo were not enjoying yourself - especially seen as you can do that on any session change with no penalty.

So much inaccurate - not sure why i am replying really. realise that i am being picky here, sorry about that - but i am a HUGE ARPG fan, and play them all - its ok that people dont enjoy them, personal tastes are what makes the world go around - i just get frustrated when people make comments that are inaccurate (about any of these games, its not limited to d3).

I do however totally agree with you about both the AH and RMAH.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2015, 09:39.

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
18. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 11:29 Theo

Hopefully it will launch in a better state than GTA4 did on the pc. hope this time is well spent... fingers crossed.  

News Comments > Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag
22. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jan 13, 2015, 07:28 Theo

@ CJ - there are 3 difficulty's available at level 1 , have been since ROS launch. With regards to challenge, greater rifts pretty much scale as much as your char can take.

Also, i would argue that the problem was not with the RMAH, but with the AH its self (gold); as we had a shared item store to buy from with gold, the game was more about grinding gold than finding items and drops suffered as a result of this common resource.

as someone who plays d3, PoE, TL2 and Marvel (and played an awful lot of d2) ; i dont see how you can call d3 a dumbed down d2 - its diffent on so many levels now.

the "for retards" thing is pretty offensive to be honest, and not even backed up with something concrete - you are welcome to your opinion of course.

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access This Week
19. Re: H1Z1 Early Access This Week Jan 13, 2015, 03:15 Theo

kinda beyond playing anything that SOE and Smedley's crew put out now; DCU was great fun, but clearly a console game (the PC UI was awful); PS2 is a buggy mess that's stinks of PS4 beta right now....

all this and he comes out a couple of weeks ago to say "we are a PC company",

Would have to read VERY good things about this to even install it - stoped my all access a long time ago now.

(Disclaimer: also a SWG vet, and still cant swallow that travesty).

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Issues
14. Re: Elite Dangerous Issues Jan 3, 2015, 11:54 Theo

I honestly think that lots of people think they like sandbox space games, really however they dont like sandbox space games. they just like the idea of them; not the reality.

News Comments > Diablo III Season One End Nears
5. Re: Diablo III Season One End Nears Dec 31, 2014, 11:38 Theo

InBlack wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 02:13:
Does not even come close to the ladder play of D2. What a waste *sigh*

Care to explain that statement other than leave it as bait? (interested in the opinion - i think there are a good and bad approaches to both ways its been done).

News Comments > Diablo III Experience Bonus
15. Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 27, 2014, 04:06 Theo

not touched normal mode since seasons came out, really enjoyed the season play - especially the crusader build that arrived with the new shield in S1.

News Comments > The Repopulation Early Access
1. Re: The Repopulation Early Access Dec 23, 2014, 03:07 Theo

as someone who was there on day 1 of SWG, and still there and the last day, this ticks a lot of boxes. i do worry about there ability to run a MMO however - things like server transfers etc - need to be available day one especially when you are not instancing anything (or really shortly afterwards).

tempted...

436 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo