Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Trindermon

Real Name Trindermon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Theo
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description cheesey.
Homepage http://atomicrain.net
Signed On Oct 18, 2005, 19:08
Total Comments 410 (Amateur)
User ID 23977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
1. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 09:34 Theo

Ironically this the least appropriate way to go about it, people who backed early should be treated with more respect as it was a early promise.  

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers
31. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 20, 2014, 03:33 Theo

So disclosure, I love vanilla (despite being a early mmo player and knowing it was doing nothing new; but doing almost everything better)

I hated TBC, Wrath, liked Cata (i am in the minority i guess), and didn't like panda-land.

All my old guildies and other gaming mates that have played down the years no matter what their expansion preference was are telling me this is the best expansion yet and i need to get my arse back in to game, given blizzard are handing out a free lvl 90, ill prolly i give it a go...

really if people are saying this 5 expansions down the line its a good achievement -wow might not be for everyone but even the most loyal players tend to get cynical this late in to a games life.

So really despite me not yet buying it (i prolly will on pay day), they have to be commended cause the community that plays the game is really enjoying it (server stability aside, and you cant do much about getting dossed constantly).

News Comments > Forza Horizon 2 Listed for PC?
3. Re: Forza Horizon 2 Listed for PC? Nov 18, 2014, 10:53 Theo

Verno wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 09:46:
It's probably just a listing error but I think Forza would do really well on the PC. They're not my kind of games but racing enthusiasts are a pretty hardcore/spendy community on the PC platform.

Horizon isnt like forza motorsport, its more your need for speed kinda thing all be it with the forza engine/handling (with the sim options turned off).

Its also a wonderful game that's lots of fun.

personally id like to see all of microsofts 1st party titles (halo, gears & the forza franchise) on the PC.

News Comments > Project Spark Released
8. Re: Project Spark Released Oct 8, 2014, 10:57 Theo

Fantaz wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 19:50:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 13:20:
Verno wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 09:16:
I don't know if they've adjusted it but when I tried the beta the paywalls for this thing were absolutely obnoxious. They made a lot of noise about user creations but I couldn't even see others in beta without ponying up for the same things they did, it was a bizarre implementation.

That's weird.

Anyone else play around with this? Is it similar to Unity but with simpler tools?

give me what it is that your smoking

Yes thats right, he deserved abuse for asking a question...
no not like unity, more a toy box of components.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Week
3. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Sep 24, 2014, 05:28 Theo

lol i suspect its because they worked on their NPE, however most of us that like the game think they made things worse rather than better :-(

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2 Nears; New Trailer
7. Re: Starpoint Gemini 2 Nears; New Trailer Sep 11, 2014, 15:14 Theo

bought and really cant get in to it (i love space games); that said, still happy to support the devs; its a good project and i certainly cant "cant get in to it" because of the quality/stability/standard its a good product all around; will have to revisit over winter and try again

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X in April
11. Re: Mortal Kombat X in April Sep 6, 2014, 04:31 Theo

Not sure if to give money the last MK was a mess on the PC. but i love fighters so ill prolly get it and then be disappointed by the quality of the PC version .....  

News Comments > Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode
26. Re: Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode Aug 29, 2014, 06:54 Theo

Osc8r wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 06:48:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 01:32:
PHJF wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 21:06:
Greenish wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 20:17:
So I don't get the hate for Titanfall here, is it because it's Xbox One/PC exclusive?

Origin, here. I'd love to play the game.

Really? Origin is that different from Steam? I just leave Origin unstarted unless I want to play something on it. Then I start it up. No biggie.

Yeah, it is. Have you tried playing BF4? Web based browser POS, that requires plugins, doesn't work with 64 bit OS, unreliable joining, cumbersome interface, unreliable friends list...

As for TF, the beta was more than enough to realise it was just another lame modern FPS for the COD generation.

Dice make shitty quality (albeit fun) games ; news service.

News Comments > Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode
6. Re: Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode Aug 28, 2014, 19:16 Theo

ASeven wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 18:29:
People are saying this game is pretty much dead on the PC. Anyone can confirm or deny?

Ive been playing this week, seems easy enough to get a game. might be down to promotions tho.

News Comments > New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players
26. Re: New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players Aug 28, 2014, 15:58 Theo

pagb wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 13:24:
All of our public Duel servers run in Classic mode.
Phew. Too bad I still enjoyed FFA

FFA still in decent shape it just escalates quicker now, and you don't start at spawn completely helpless. If anything it adds to the fun in a none serious mode.

Fletch wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 12:52:
Play in "Classic Duel" or the new "Console Duel".

I love how at least 2 people have explained about how this does not effect the pro scene or dualing period and its going unseen cause its better to troll....

News Comments > New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players
9. Re: New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players Aug 28, 2014, 10:51 Theo

garrywong wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 09:57:
Ok this is stupid. Haven't they considered what this is going to do to the pro scene? Yeah ok, you can play with a "classic" ruleset that doesn't change any of this, but now you are going to have a divided community. Them noobs that don't learn anything because they are playing on ezmode, and the hardcore pro scene.

The "pro Sceane" uses the 1 V 1 Dual gametype.

These changes have not effected that game type (at least with regards to the loadout setup); With regards to the strafe Jumping (hold Jump and forward change), that is still slower/less controll than well executed manual strafe jumps.

The effected games types are, FFA, TDM and CTF with regards to the weapon loadouts, and lets face it; those are not the game types the pro seane plays.

I played the changes this morning, i actually didnt mind the loadouts for the casual modes at all, better spawning with a few decent weapons and setting off with some teeth than spawning and getting insta-gibbed by the dude controling the BFG (all though i concede the games escalate a few moments quicker than they did previously).

With regards to item timers in game, it still rewards people who know proper spawn times; but helps those that don't. I don't think this is as bad as all the neckbeards are saying; and ive been playing quake since day1.

News Comments > Dishonored Free Weekend
8. Re: Dishonored Free Weekend Aug 22, 2014, 04:00 Theo

not played this yet, that might be my weekend done!  

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
32. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 14:37 Theo

I am in the group that unfortunately think that crytek have yet to make a "really high quality game".

They've made some passable stuff, with merit here and there, but anything consistently good? nope.

News Comments > Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity
3. Re: Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity Aug 10, 2014, 11:52 Theo

Gruntstein wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 11:07:
SF4's netcode has been dog shit from day 1. Unlike every multiplayer game that has been released since Quakeworld, it doesn't use client-side prediction so you have to deal with input delay that varies with your ping. Amazing that they were able to make it even worse.

there are a bunch of roll back implementations; (GGPO being a good example), but its not really 100% the same i dont think, but its very close. SFiV's netcode hasnt been brilliant, but its more than serviceable and better than MOST fighters outside of ggpo games. If you want bad netcode look at a netherrealm title...

right now the problem isnt the general performance its the whole thing, its basically broken and inconsistent; when fight request match making is on it even breaks the single player... go figure...

This comment was edited on Aug 10, 2014, 12:01.

News Comments > Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity
1. Re: Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity Aug 10, 2014, 10:21 Theo

they really can go to hell, its been broken since way before release, in fact the moment they changed us from GFWL to steam-works - the steam-works port is awful, GFWL was better in every-way; its annoying they have come out and said this now, when its been broken for literally weeks on end - ahh yes that's right, they have a product to sell now.........

come back gfwl all is forgiven.

News Comments > Another The Crew Beta This Month
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2014, 06:03 Theo

this kinda looks like it would be fun, must read up  

News Comments > PC Ultra Street Fighter IV Friday
4. Re: PC Ultra Street Fighter IV Friday Aug 7, 2014, 03:03 Theo

And here is the annoying Rub, its steam-works now and the steam-works connectivity compared to the GFWL connectivity is terrible.

I own every version of SFiV, on both 360 and PC, really not sure ill pick this up on PC though; least not untill the steam-works version gets a LOT better.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Beta Begins
18. Re: Elite Dangerous Beta Begins Jul 30, 2014, 12:27 Theo

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 11:50:
Like I said in the final game not in the beta
http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2721

How will single player work? Will I need to connect to a server to play?
The galaxy for Elite: Dangerous is a shared universe maintained by a central server. All of the meta data for the galaxy is shared between players. This includes the galaxy itself as well as transient information like economies. The aim here is that a player's actions will influence the development of the galaxy, without necessarily having to play multiplayer.

The other important aspect for us is that we can seed the galaxy with events, often these events will be triggered by player actions. With a living breathing galaxy players can discover new and interesting things long after they have started playing.

Update! The above is the intended single player experience. However it will be possible to have a single player game without connecting to the galaxy server. You won't get the features of the evolving galaxy (although we will investigate minimising those differences) and you probably won't be able to sync between server and non-server (again we'll investigate).

My points is not about the single player, its about the ability for it to be online with friends and in a private group, that functionality launched yesterday.

15. Re: Elite Dangerous Beta Begins Jul 30, 2014, 11:48 Theo

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 11:33:
Frijoles wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 10:46:
How's the PvP work? Is it 100% voluntary or is it like EVE where you are at risk everywhere, just more risk in certain places (can I be suicide-ganked in a safe area)?
Yep just like EVE
The difference here is that you can play completely offline single player where everyone around you are npc. (in the final game I mean not in the beta)
You will still get ganked though, the npc pirates are pretty good. They will pull you out of supercruise and demand your cargo

as stated below, not the case (least i think ive not tried a private group yet).

10. Re: Elite Dangerous Beta Begins Jul 30, 2014, 11:23 Theo

Frijoles wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 10:46:
nin wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 10:33:
I would say Elite's case of other players around you, as you fly/play, trumps blizzards need of an auction house.

I didn't even realize it was multiplayer (what I thought was mp only) until last week. I need to read up on the game. How's the PvP work? Is it 100% voluntary or is it like EVE where you are at risk everywhere, just more risk in certain places (can I be suicide-ganked in a safe area)?

The PvP is "forced" if you choose to play with randoms, the game has the concept of "groups" for instancing purposes, you can play in a public group (matched in instances with anyone and no rules), to friends groups, (you and your friends AND other people) and then private groups *(just you and your chosen friends) and no-one else, or solo. So its very flexible.

Silent Bob wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 11:08:
The final game will have online and offline single player.
not sure this is the case, you have the "solo" option as of right now, it still needs the servers to be up tho.

Creston wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 11:14:
Awesome. Glad to see it's moving along at a steady pace.

I do wonder why they keep harping so much on how "big" the game is, though, as the 38000 light year figure is basically fud. The game, currently, is 55 star systems big. Whether those are 38 km apart or 38000 light years each is a moot point, since the only way to travel between them is to activate the hyperdrive.

Actually kinda true kinda not... in that if you chose to stay in super cruiser (light speed without a jump), you could point at a star leave your computer for a few years and it would get there....(the tech in super-cruise allows for that, even if real life game time wouldn't). there also is going to be 400k systems when done if i remember correctly :-) (but the core worlds are where most will happen, about 180 systems or so - just like elite).

contencious , but nice knowing how detailed it is.

been in beta a long time now, and i love it.

410 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo