Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Caio Pontes Martins

Real Name Caio Pontes Martins   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cpmartins
Email cpmartins@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 2, 2005, 22:52
Total Comments 200 (Novice)
User ID 23887

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Funded
4. Re: Psychonauts 2 Funded Jan 7, 2016, 03:49 Cpmartins

Gaming journalism, by non-gaming journalists
Enough fucking said I say.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
17. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Dec 13, 2015, 04:57 Cpmartins

Quinn wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 04:44:
the quests are Skyrim caliber.
I'm thinking this might be a problem. Skyrim had terrifyingly bad quests and writing.

Skyrim works because it is SP, meaning it's philosophy is to entertain the players at all costs, even if in detriment of game mechanics and balance. MMORPGs don't have that luxury. They're repetitive by design.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 11, 2015, 15:47 Cpmartins

So, trading a little bit of freedom for a little bit of security. Sounds like a great plan.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
45. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 16:41 Cpmartins

For anyone interested and unable to access the link like me, here's the link to a link for the Google Cache, since apparently we're in 1995 and the forum won't accept the url. Too long. Gotta save on those bytes.

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
45. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 5, 2015, 03:06 Cpmartins

Blackhawk wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 00:07:
Thing is popular. Must insult thing!
It's not because it's popular champ.
It's because it's shit.
Don't believe me?
http://streamcountry.com/hatenewspapers/
It's far worse than I thought it'd be.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 30, 2015, 20:04 Cpmartins

The majority of people who like driving cars only like driving them when there's no traffic jam. Tell them that there will be virtually no traffic jams when the robots run the show and suddenly you've got a lot more support for the idea.

The biggest cause of heavy traffic is the lag passing down the line from the first car to the last one. If all cars start to move at the same time, even if slowly, there would be no congestion.

There are other reasons that would be ameliorated as well if human beings get taken out of the equation. That would, of course, require communication between the cars.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 19, 2015, 15:43 Cpmartins

The PC doesn't need depth. It's tabula rasa. I mean the NPCs. Every single NPC in F3 is shit. I felt like I was talking with Quirky Shittalkertron 9000 when interacting with them. They are badly written, badly voiced, one dimensional cardboard cutouts whose only purpose was to either get murdered or give me something to do.

I'm not saying the game will be bad. I'm very much going to play it and I'm sure I'll have fun while doing so, but it won't be because it's a good RPG. It will be because of this.

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 19, 2015, 14:01 Cpmartins

Any coherently written RPG. Recently, Witcher 3 and Wasteland 2.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Update
39. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 12:46 Cpmartins

yuastnav wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 12:43:
Razumen wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 12:31:
yuastnav wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 12:22:
Razumen wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 11:36:
yuastnav wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 11:26:
Razumen wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:27:
Blue wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:15:
Razumen wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:12:
Honestly, anyone that tries to argue that this game is a fraud is just a blatant troll at this point.

So you are blatantly trolling for blatant trolls?

No, if I was trolling I'd be making baseless statements only to get a rise out of people. Since I'm actually making an informed opinion about it, at most you can call it a pre-emptive defense against the usual cynicism found here.

I'm just saying that it is technically and physically impossible to do what they want to do. No amount of tweaking and fixing can simulate a world with such a scope in real-time. You could have separate spaces where you do FPS combat and space combat but then you would also need to synchronise these two spaces which would also require a lot of resources.
As far as I know no one has ever mentioned how they are going to do that. Of course that is something that is behind the scenes and doesn't get out to the public but it's difficult to imagine nonetheless that it's going to work.

That's why this whole thing is a bag of dreams and nothing more.

Lol, so we should believe you just because you can't understand how they're doing it, despite the fact they've already demonstrated it LIVE to an actual audience, and despite the fact they have a lot of people who are probably more knowledgeable than anyone here working on it?

Wow, the level of denial here is mind blowing.

I know a bit about complex simulations and I keep up to date concerning modern PC games and what they are able to accomplish with a certain performance at current systems.
Do you not comprehend that there comes a point at which it is just not physically possible to do something? CIG are neither scientists nor researches and they use the methods available to everyone else. They use certain models and algorithms to simulate the game and with how our current CPUs work it's impossible to simulate it to the extent and detail they want it to. I didn't know that they already lowered their expectations. If they do that enough they might be able to do it, with proper optimisations. But not to the extent they originally intended.

Despite the fact that you're ignoring that Star citizen isn't even designed for modern systems, I think you're also greatly exaggerating the difficulty of the problem. There are multiple ways to integrate a simulation involving multiple ship and first person physics, one of which is separate physics instances for the insides of ships and stations, which is what I believe what they're already doing, and what some similar games already do.

That is correct, there are games that already do this. However, I was under the impression that everything happens in one instance simultaneously.

Furthermore the way I understand it is that while ships battle each other in space it is also possible to simultaneously have FPS combat, with the possibility of being able to damage the environment as well as structural damage to the spaceships. Having all that in one single instance would be total overkill. But even if you use separate instances you would need a constant stream of information between these instances if you wanted to simulate everything that is happening to the ships from the outside in the FPS section and vice versa.

You have to also keep in mind that at some point CPUs will not be able to get much faster. Moore's law is already failing and you cannot improve classical transistor chips forever.
What you would need are other ways to build chips, other architectures. That is also why it takes so much computer power to simulate neurological systems. The brain just works in a different manner and adapting that to a binary system leads to a huge power consumption over performance.

You can always simplify a problem, however, you also need to reduce the amount of details. That is why they cannot have a physics engine that simulates all the various details of the ships, all the systems, the destruction for several ships etc.

It would be nice, of course. I've dreamt of what Chris is trying to do since I was a kid but while growing up I realised that this is just not possible, at least not now.
It's been done already dude. It's called Angels Fall First. You can damage ship components, you can inflict damage to the environment when you breach something with marines too.

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 19, 2015, 12:39 Cpmartins

Techie714 wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 22:00:
Wallshadows wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 21:34:
I have FO3 but never really got in to it but for some reason I am getting in to the hype for FO4. I absolutely love the SPECIAL videos.

If you play FO4 please do yourself a favor & read up on the backstory & history it plays a role in all the games.
That'd be setting yourself for disappointment. Bethesda can't write a good plot or an interesting backstory to save their lives. Best to shoot things and forget about anything else.

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Update
33. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 12:33 Cpmartins

@yuastnav

Angels Fall First already did all that. Laggy as shit but it works. And they're just a bunch of guys working on it in their spare time.

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 2015, 12:40.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Agility Video
5. Re: Fallout 4 Agility Video Oct 15, 2015, 09:35 Cpmartins

Brazil, 250 Reais. No regional pricing yet. Maybe after release they'll wise up.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Agility Video
1. Re: Fallout 4 Agility Video Oct 14, 2015, 22:28 Cpmartins

As much as I know that this will be a failure of an RPG I can't help but to get excited by it. Too bad it's 250 bucks where I live.  

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Oct 8, 2015, 20:46 Cpmartins

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 20:32:
Task wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 20:10:
Lol, Derek Smart had a temper tantrum again. the whole thing is brilliant.
Everybody Needs To Calm Down About 'Star Citizen'
Star Citizen's pace of funding has accelerated, and it's powered by new backers
Kevin Dent - Video Game Exec - His Take on Star Citizen

DS needs a nap indeed. His wife would do good by unplugging his internet access for a Digital Detox.

The delirium tremens from a digital withdrawl could kill him.

The cure is for everyone including Chris Roberts to ignore Derek.
No clicks equals no money equals no internet fame.
He has written hundreds of words in previous blogs that amount to fuck all. I won't bother reading this one or any more of his childish rants, they are a waste of time.

Please for the love of all that is good and crazy, don't let it happen. This is escalating to be the greatest thing to grace the internet for the last ten years. Both sides are going all out. There is no scenario in which we don't get entertainment out of it.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Oct 8, 2015, 20:16 Cpmartins

"She has gone on the record as saying that she has no clue what the VP of marketing does; but yet claims to have two marketing degrees. By all accounts, and based on our extensive research, those claims are false."
Hahahahhaah no Derek, YOU don't get to assert if someone has colege degrees. I don't give a shit about the rest of the blog. He may be right or not, time will tell, but this has got the fucking hypocrisy cake. All the cakes in fact.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 8, 2015, 20:06 Cpmartins

Sublevel Zero is a "roguelike" Descent. Randomized loot, nanites to get upgrades. It plays exactly like Descent. Pretty good so far, if you're into this sort of stuff.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
141. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 2, 2015, 17:54 Cpmartins

Krovven wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 17:32:
Cpmartins wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 16:20:
I don't see how doubting someone's credentials is equivalent to the irrational hatred of all women. Unless you are trying your hand on some hyperbole to discredit his points. Yeah, I'm guessing that's it.

It's more than one post. Looking at your post history you haven't been involved in any of the many previous threads on the topic in recent days, weeks and months. Maybe you should think twice about getting involved in someone else's conversation without having any knowledge of past conversations that was referred to?

Prior to getting his refund Kxmode wasn't so bad. Since getting his refund, he has gone full on Derek Smart bonkers.

I've read plenty to know that the word has been used erroneously by you. And anyways, it's a meaningless slander now. I pretty much ignore anyone calling anyone else a misogynist. It lost it's meaning, thanks to the femitards. Chalk another one up for them I guess.

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
128. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 2, 2015, 16:20 Cpmartins

Every time an SC story comes out, BN goes into autism overdrive. It never fails to deliver. The way I see it, the entire existence of this game will be a blessing to me.

If it delivers on its promises, I'll be playing it until I go into a coma. I win.

If it delivers some of it, I'll also be playing it quite a lot. There will also be reams of tears of the most fanatical fans calling foulplay on the part of RSI. I win.

If they deliver a shoddy product maybe I'll play, maybe I won't, but the tears that will torrent down from that mountain will be glorious. Enough entertainment will be had for the casual observer to last for weeks. I win.

If they fold, the cataclysm that follows will shake the game crowdfunding landscape forever. The sheer amount of butt-hurt will be enough to level continents. I predict a few suicides from the true fanatics. I win.

I'm of course hoping they deliver. How could I not? I grew up playing space-sims. My favorite games of all time is the Freespace series from when Volition would still put out games that aren't GTA copies. This game would be the end game for all my space needs. VR support would mean I'd be willingly paying for what amounts to crack to me.

The only advice I have to anyone considering dolling out for this is: Don't. Wait for it. If you do, you cannot lose.

Oh, and this:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 15:05:
You seem to be threatened by successful women. Your posts are frequently misogynistic and you seem unwilling to accept that a woman can be married and still have a professional career.

Again, if you have specific evidence of how Sandi Gardiner has done her job badly then please present it but all you've provided is baseless conjecture and misogynistic putdowns.

I don't see how doubting someone's credentials is equivalent to the irrational hatred of all women. Unless you are trying your hand on some hyperbole to discredit his points. Yeah, I'm guessing that's it.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Armikrog
4. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Armikrog Sep 30, 2015, 23:25 Cpmartins

Doug TenNapel said:

"Gamescook said:
I wish someone would punch him in the nose."

I'd be fine with this so long as you didn't have an open sore on your knuckle.

This is it. The most offensive thing I was able to find after about 10 minutes of looking for them.

News Comments > Life is Strange Episode 5 Next Month
4. Re: Life is Strange Episode 5 Next Month Sep 21, 2015, 21:51 Cpmartins

The only good thing about the existence of this game is broteam's streams. Just type "life is dranks" on youtube and enjoy.

200 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo