Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Caio Pontes Martins

Real Name Caio Pontes Martins   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cpmartins
Email cpmartins@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 2, 2005, 22:52
Total Comments 134 (Novice)
User ID 23887

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
2. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 1, 2014, 09:54 Cpmartins

Weaponized Anti Misogyny.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads
42. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 16, 2014, 22:39 Cpmartins

A warning for some of you with SSDs. I found this on a thread on one of the forums I go to. I's about Lords of the Fallen DRM, Denuovo, which is what DA:I will be using:

"Resource monitors for RAM and CPU consumption numbers, memory viewer for trying to figure out what makes it tick and track address issues, SSD analysis tools for those delicious dead blocks and data tracking
Wanna know average number of times parts of LotF exe code are fucked around between RAM and HDD in the span of one hour? 150000 copy/write iterations. That's about 10000 times more than usual. DRM constantly decrypts the game code into the memory and encrypts it back. This is the most bullshit usage of encryption software I've ever stumbled upon. And even though code chunks are quite small(couple of kilobytes per go at worst), they are all stored in one memory block. And playing the game for 4-8 hours(depends on SSD quality) means that you can say goodbye to that block.
"

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
163. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 22:07 Cpmartins

Slick wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 21:50:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 21:08:
Elite: Dangerous - In space no one can hear you scream... about DRM.

*VOTED BEST*

Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 20:29:
Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 18:35:
I was looking forward to this game. I was all set to buy it for Xmas. This is going to cost them a metric shit ton of sales. What happens to the company if the vast majority of backers demand their money back? Company folds then there's no game at all. Fuck if some lawsuits don't roll out from this.

We need to keep a running tally on how often Cutter claims there will be a class action lawsuit over something on the internet.
Guy loves his lawsuits.

i'd like to start a class action lawsuit against people who complain about stuff that doesn't affect them. JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL!

Eirikrautha wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 21:01:
Darn it! I was going to buy this at launch. Not happening now.

Oh, and for the "this-doesn't-affect-you shills," I'll speak slowly and use small words, so you'll be sure to understand:

See, it's my money. I decide what I purchase. I decide what "affects" me and what doesn't. So if I like the idea that a game doesn't require always-on internet, it doesn't matter if I have a T-1 or a string-and-cup for communication. If always-on is OK with me, I'll spend MY money. If I don't, I won't spend MY money.

So, it doesn't matter what any of you nasal-cockstoppers think about my justification of how I spend MY money. It so happens that one of the features that attracted me to this product was that it had an offline mode. Now they announce it will not. So I'm no longer interested enough to buy it. You can't argue with that, because it isn't your money or your interest. So STFU. And have a nice day.

ok this was a good post, you had me at "nasal-cockstoppers". You seem to be puzzled as to why someone might have an opinion as to you canceling a pre-order for a game, here's a clue: You posted it on an online forum. ding ding ding!

secondly, taking pride in a stubborn point of view doesn't make you cool! you're not affected at all by having to be online, because you're online right now. if you *think* that it affects you so much, you're loco esse. all i can say is "fuck all of you guys with your bitch ass chairs"

http://youtu.be/GbPeFs7uDLM

He's online now. but is he online tomorrow? I know I can't make that prediction.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 6, 2014, 10:46 Cpmartins

Typical clickbait headline.  

News Comments > Fallout: Shadow of Boston TM a Hoax
12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2014, 23:08 Cpmartins

Fallout 3 made a crapload of money.
Zenimax is a corporation whose only purpose is, as all corporations, to get money.
What conclusions can we take from this?
There will be a Fallout 4.

It is as inevitable as TES VI. There can't not be a Fallout 4. The only question is when. And the only people who know the answer to that particular question will not talk until they are good and ready.

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
34. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 30, 2014, 03:27 Cpmartins

No Remorse and No Regret were some of the games that fueled my love/hate for gaming. Nothing but respect for the developers.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
153. Re: etc., etc. Oct 26, 2014, 18:11 Cpmartins

Well, I stand corrected.
I said they would make it about terrorrism if they could. Well, they just did: https://archive.today/nJzbM

149. Re: etc., etc. Oct 25, 2014, 22:15 Cpmartins

To Twitter, it's about women.
Of course it is. And according to twitter, men should be caged and treated as beasts.
To Reddit, it's about women.
Pulled out of ass
To games sites, it's about women.
Of course it is. That's why GG is trying to pull advertisers from them.
To technology sites, it's about women.
Of course it is. That's why GG is trying to pull advertisers from them.
To mainstream media sites, it's about women.
Yep, and if they could make it about terrorism, it's be about it.
To developers, it's about women.
Pulled out of ass
To a significant number of gamers, it's about women.
Pulled out of ass
To Milo from Breitbart, it's about women.
Is it? Is that why he was in a couple of stream, with woman gamers, discussing it?
So who is it about journalism to?
Me, and a lot of other gamers

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
18. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 21, 2014, 23:50 Cpmartins

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 22:49:
NewMaxx wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 22:43:
Cpmartins wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 22:37:
You can, indeed, bang the bull. The bad boy is bi!
http://i.imgur.com/Ggf14ua.jpg

Let me get this straight...as a heterosexual male I have only two choices in the game and that is only 1/3 of female characters available, only one of which is not bisexual. Wow...talk about needing a SJW.

Yeah but look at the other guy we get to bang. As a gay guy, Dorian looks like a fruitcake especially with that mustache. Looks like your screwing a feminine version of Mr Fantastic and Dr Strange's love child. Meh.

Is it bad that now I have the urge to play my Cow Shaman in WoW?

You really should. With the new models, they're looking as good as ever!

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
13. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 21, 2014, 22:37 Cpmartins

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 20:37:
Creston wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 20:36:
I don't think Bull is romanceable, buddy, sorry...

Fuck the romance, all I want is to... er wait.... *ahem*

You can, indeed, bang the bull. The bad boy is bi!
http://i.imgur.com/Ggf14ua.jpg

News Comments > Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam
15. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam Oct 21, 2014, 15:59 Cpmartins

Dark spirit has invaded!  

News Comments > Approaching Infinity Approaches; Demos Released
2. Re: Approaching Infinity Approaches; Demos Released Oct 16, 2014, 15:33 Cpmartins

Yeah, same thing for me. And the 40$ is for the preorder edition, which according to the site is the discounted version.

Still, if the demo is good, and if I can see myself playing it for a decent amount of time, I may get it for the laptop (which is a glorified toaster. perfect for this kind of games).

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Oct 15, 2014, 11:50 Cpmartins

First gamers are dead. Now gamergate is dead. These people are about to be classified as psychopaths if they continue on this virtual murdering spree. Watch out for you PTSDs and trigger warnings, the virtual massacre is still going strong.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 13, 2014, 21:44 Cpmartins

If it wasn't roguelike I'd probably bite it. Never liked the concept, even when it wasn't the buzzword it is today. Looks ok though.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 13, 2014, 21:41 Cpmartins

I second the recommendation. Be aware though: a few months ago it was still kinda buggy, and not very optimized.

The content creation kit the provide inside the game has given me a lot of enjoyment though. Given a few limitations, you can build pretty much anything you want. I tried building an Apache attack chopper, and what came out was far more entertaining than what I expected.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs
36. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs Oct 11, 2014, 10:08 Cpmartins

NetHead wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 21:16:
If there's anything surprising about the 26GB HDD requirement is that it's low if anything.

My Dragon Age Origins install is 26GB+ (and then some more stupidly kept in the Documents Folder)

For a large, rich, diverse, 3D world in which you look at things pretty close up I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was bigger even before HD video and multiple language audio is considered.

It seems they've done a good job keeping the size at 26GB, and I have to say I like seeing games support Mantle.

That said simply supporting an API doesn't make a good game and sure as hell doesn't show or prove love for the PC.

Also I think saying "We support 4K resolution" is like a car salesman saying the car will come with wheels, big deal it's par for the course to support high end resolutions with a PC game.

Bragging about 4K resolution, if anything, sounds like "we checked a box for those PC people" which in turn sounds like they might not know what really matters for a game on PC regardless of their intentions.

We'll see if they "love" the PC by the GUI, inventory management, control scheme, performance/visuals, available settings and more, all more important that anything they've mentioned.

Well said. After watching some gameplay trailers, I'm not impressed. A lot of people not even using the Tactical Overlay, just pressing those awesome buttons and facerolling through. Strong wait and see on this one, yet my hopes are up and I'd love for it to be good.

On another note, this is it for EAware. If this game isn't incredible, they are pretty much done. They will get dissolved into EA main divisions. A sad, yet predictable end, to say the least.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2014, 14:54 Cpmartins

Cutter wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 14:09:
One of the common complaints I've been seeing about SG2 is that it feels like a lifeless galaxy. No chatter, no meeting NPCs in places, etc. Kind of like a Freelancer lite sort of thing, as in the fundamentals are all there, but all the bells and whistles that give it fun and depth are missing. I'll grab it at some point, but definitely going to give it some time first.

Definitely a feel a lot of people are having. I think it's mainly due to not having unique side quests and infinite enemy respawns (One fight I had there were literally dozens of husks around when I was finished, maybe 70 or 80 kills in total. And they'd just keep coming had I not bailed). Still a very good action space game.

And SoM is amazing. Had one fight versus a captain with a shield where I ended clearing a whole sector because the fucker was completely immune to everything I had. Kited him to that big troll thing and let it finish him. Fucking epic.

16. Re: etc., etc. Oct 4, 2014, 18:04 Cpmartins

You'd think considering Enciclopaedia Dramatica a reliable source for information would be ridiculous.

You'd be wrong.

When you take away the colorful language, they have pretty much all the information down correctly. And that should tell you something about how ridiculous this cover up is/was.

10. Re: etc., etc. Oct 4, 2014, 08:52 Cpmartins

There we go with the "woman" again. I couldn't care less if it was a furry arthropod. She had sex during her break, and then proceeded to convince the dude that having sex with people during said break was akin to rape. Yes, you hear that right, according to her own self, she is a rapist. That is one shitty HUMAN BEING (See how I capitalized that? that's to show that I don't give a fuck if it's a man or a woman).

And let's not start with the anita thing please. I don't pay attention to manipulative liars.

6. Re: etc., etc. Oct 3, 2014, 22:00 Cpmartins

He is wrong. Gamergate never was about misogyny. It's about lying colluding pseudojornalists. The fact that zoe is a despicable human being just adds to the sewer that gaming "journalism" is.  

134 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo