Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Caio Pontes Martins

Real Name Caio Pontes Martins   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cpmartins
Email cpmartins@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 2, 2005, 22:52
Total Comments 63 (Suspect)
User ID 23887

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Apr 15, 2014, 14:59 Cpmartins

30 hours, and that is nothing? I'm sorry, but I'm from an "old" school of thought that, if your game does not endear me within 10 minutes, you are doing something wrong. Noticed how I said "endear" and not entertain. I wasn't entertained by civilization in the first 10 minutes, but I was captivated by the premisse. Similar things happen with almost great game. Fallout was quite unforgiving in the first 10 minutes, but damned if I wasn't enraptured by the setting and the freedom it so eagerly promised. System Shock 1 and 2 had me wondering right from the start: "What happened to this ship/station?". I played the beta of ESO, and it didn't do any of those things. But, like the article said, made it very clear this was going to be yet another very controlled questing and leveling progression MMO. And that is the crux. It's a "modern" MMO, with all that entails. There was no wonder, no promise of greatness.

Just imagine saying the same thing about a single player game. It would be madness wouldn't it? Had I played an SP game for 30 hours and reviewed it saying it's not a good game I'd be laughed out of the internets, with good reason.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 13, 2014, 14:47 Cpmartins

DSII a given? Do you not remember the state DSI was released on PC? It was, quite literally, the worst port ever cobbled together and thrown on the platform I've seen. After people who are not connected in any way, shape or form to FROM fixed their game for them, it was an OK game. Not a great RPG or anything, but a very good action game.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours
22. Re: Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours Apr 10, 2014, 22:13 Cpmartins

I'm a backer and couldn't be happier with the delays. Take your damn time Fargo and Co.

I bought into the 10 dollars beta program and was quite amazed at the quality of the writing. I didn't expect it to be this good, considering the first one "wacky sci-fi" setting. It is the successor of Fallout 2, no doubt about it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 3, 2014, 18:17 Cpmartins

Fantaz wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 15:45:
if they make another Suikoden game then i hope they return to the roots like they did with their original PS1 games and do a really good JRPG. they haven't been doing such good JRPGs lately. what i loved about the previous Suikoden games is that you could have hundreds of characters, and they were much fun to play. lately JRPGs are not that fun anymore, so i dunno what happened.

To me was when I started paying attention to the plot and story elements, shortly after my interest in sci-fi awakened. After reading excellently written books such as Dune and Hyperion, it was jarring to see what passes as writing on those games. Great gameplay on some of them though.

News Comments > 3D Realms Responds to Duke Nukem Lawsuit
4. Re: 3D Realms Responds to Duke Nukem Lawsuit Mar 26, 2014, 21:02 Cpmartins

Damn this is depressing. It's like Interplay all over again. So many great memories earlier, so much dirt throwing later.  

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode "Almost There"
14. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Mar 14, 2014, 11:30 Cpmartins

Actually, no calculations pertaining the actual loaded city were ever offloaded to the magic place, except when importing or exporting city-related export data (meaning available resources to the other cities and resources being consumed from the other cities by that city) so, no, neither sarcasm nor exaggeration. It was, quite literally, a few bytes of data.

Not that it would make any difference, the game is broken when I stopped playing it. Half my cities were non-functional due to disappearing utility trucks and gigantic retardation-related traffic jams

News Comments > Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters
5. Re: Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters Mar 13, 2014, 09:45 Cpmartins

They really should go with Planetside 2's detection and punishment scheme. It's been almost six months since I had the last suspicious player. Yes, a suspicious player, not a balls out hacker. The latter doesn't exist anymore. I can declare, without fear of being wrong, that currently PS2 is the most hacker-free FPS I have ever played outside of the BBS days of Doom 2.

But what are those policies you ask? First and most important are HWID bans, and they are pretty sneaky about them too. Check some of the big pay-to-hack sites out there and you'll see they no longer support PS2. Why? Because their users were getting banned even with when using their spoofers, rendering any progression meaningless. The second measure is an active staff of admins. After a rough start, they were responding quite quickly to player reports, so the obvious aimbotters were getting the hammer pretty fast.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Delayed to Spring
8. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Delayed to Spring Feb 24, 2014, 17:53 Cpmartins

I'm also a backer and ,to me, that is completely acceptable. Get the game right. I didn't give them money so I could act like a publisher, I did it so I could act like a gamer.

Anyways the beta is getting better and better, although I just play the first 20 minutes or so everytime there is an update, just to check their implementations.

News Comments > Risen 3 Images Leaked?
6. Re: Risen 3 Images Leaked? Feb 22, 2014, 12:16 Cpmartins

El Pit wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 11:45:
netnerd85 wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 10:57:
Sexy, I own both Risen games... haven't played much of either but they are on the list, happy to add a third

I absolutely loved the first Risen game. This is the REAL Gothic 3 to me. Risen 2 wasn't too bad, but it felt too much like Monkey Island/Pirates of the Carribean.

Same thing for me. Risen even continued where the gothic trilogy ended story-wise.
Risen 2 combat system was s step back from the previous game, no way to block monster attacks and all. I heard they implemented a dodge mechanic and a way to block said attacks, but I haven't tried it out yet. Maybe it's time to go back to it and give it a second chance.

18. Re: Game Reviews Nov 22, 2013, 16:39 Cpmartins

Mostly freeplay. Haven't bothered with the broken campaign after 2 restarts. Bugged at the same place, [SPOILERS]when they give you a construction ship and tell you to build a station. Believe me, the campaign is comparatively working compared to the rest of the game.

This was supposed to be the game I was waiting for, the one that would get me looking at the window and realize it was morning already. Maybe that's why I managed to put so many hours in it. Looking for redemption found the blacker pit.

16. Re: Game Reviews Nov 22, 2013, 14:17 Cpmartins

Funny how things turn out. I was expecting to have A LOT of fun with Rebirth, and being "meh ok" with State. Now i'm having a blast with State and absolutely horrified with the state of Rebirth. It's all true, I have about 60 hours on Rebirth and here's a list of what's broken so far:
Some cap ships don't have hangars, so you can't dock on them and get them their crew, so they are USELESS. This relate to another crash when building cap ships as well.
Building, which for me, it's the soul of an X game, is BROKEN. It plain doesn't work most of the times. When you do get lucky and get one of them built, the manager will screw the ships under his command and loose you money endlessly.
Capital ships won't do what they are supposed to do, ie, mining ships won't mine, even when properly dronned up; battleships won't battle, construction ships will stand at the shipyard waiting for the heat death of the universe, etc...
Trading is a hit or miss. Hear that? The biggest part of Rebirth doesn't work properly.
That's not even mentioning the horrid UI, annoying minigames and the FPS part. Urgh

News Comments > X Rebirth Launch Trailer
10. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 14, 2013, 10:38 Cpmartins

Yes, although the story part is mandatory until about 1 hour or so into the game, as far as I've been able to gather. Also worth noting is that the story part seems a lot better than the previous X games, for whatever that's worth.
After that it's pure sandbox with the option to do the main plot or side missions.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
13. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 11, 2013, 02:14 Cpmartins

BF3 I played I bunch, plenty of 3rd party servers are local, so little ping issues(still get the "went around the corner and died " ones, but that's client side hit detection working, so, yeah, business as usual). D3 is just shit all around, every time, all the time. WoW I used to raid hardcore 10 man, little issues, save those on tight ping requirements (hello heroic rag sulfuras smash, I'm talking about you). So no. D3 is a different beast. It requires a flawless connection, all the time, every time. And that makes it unplayable to me.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
11. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 11, 2013, 01:49 Cpmartins

Last week I've played D3 vanilla. I hail from metropolitan Brazil (I know, not much to brag about, but there you go). I died every single session to lag. So blizzard can go fuck itself until they release an offline patch. But hey, we're third world scum, who cares. Well, I do. the 60 bucks I paid them are still on me. Never again blizzard. never again.  

News Comments > Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix
13. Re: Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix Nov 11, 2013, 00:57 Cpmartins

Can't remember last time windows shat out on my mouse though. Wait, yes I can. It was never.  

News Comments > X Rebirth Trailer & LE Details
8. Re: X Rebirth Trailer & LE Details Oct 21, 2013, 12:53 Cpmartins

Up until X3:Albion Prelude, yeah. They aim to change that, along with the brickwall-like learning curve of the previous games. Can't wait  

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals "On Hold"
20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2013, 02:57 Cpmartins

Holy.. really, you'd take cinematic payne over the first two? I don't know how to respond to that really...  

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals "On Hold"
10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 20:12 Cpmartins

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 18:36:
-Planescape torment/baldurs gate/infinity engine games -- shitty combat and exploration compared to other RPG's from that era (lands of lore, ultima, eye of the beholder, etc).

Planescape had indeed subpar combat. Over-valued? Not even close. No game to this day has better writing overall. Also BG2/IWD/IWD2 didn't have shitty combat in my oppinion. Would they be better served had they have TB combat? Yes.

News Comments > X Rebirth Trading Trailer
30. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 20:41 Cpmartins

My main problem with the X games isn't how hard it is, is how to learn the mechanics. There is literally NOTHING in-game explaining how to set up production chains. You have to look outside the game, or waste a gigantic amount of time learning it by yourself (btw that's the way I did, back in X BTF, and, well, to be honest, was kinda fun. Except for the part where I had my rented mammoth carrying one of my fabs explode while hitting one of the gates)  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Videos
6. Re: Battlefield 4 Videos Aug 17, 2013, 02:16 Cpmartins

I played about 400 hours of BF 1942. Then about 200 or so of 2142. Then some 20 or so of BF3 (yeah I skipped BF2, college and all). And THEN I realized BF was dead and buried, so I started playing planetside 2 on an organized outfit. Best thing I did.
Screw dice and ea. They've killed it for the BF 1942 crowd.

63 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo