Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Caio Pontes Martins

Real Name Caio Pontes Martins   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cpmartins
Email cpmartins@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 2, 2005, 22:52
Total Comments 86 (Suspect)
User ID 23887

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 28, 2014, 04:36 Cpmartins

PC is dead. We're all officially technocromancers. I like that title.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
10. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 27, 2014, 23:46 Cpmartins

Maksym = Myskam. Ouch

News Comments > $80 Offworld Trading Company Prototype Released
4. Re: And it keeps going Jul 22, 2014, 13:51 Cpmartins

If you choose to pay for something, then it isn't robbery. I don't care for the game as it is now, but I'll take a look at it when it's finished.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities
11. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 00:05 Cpmartins

Well, they could at least give us the option to enable it. It's already implemented, they just need to flip the switch back on.

In my experience it's mostly a good thing, I got a lot of help in it to find some of the more obscure secrets, or even when trying to figure out where to go to in the main quest.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
19. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 12, 2014, 04:54 Cpmartins

DA2 was trash. It was trash in a a demonstrable way. Worse in every way than DA:O, worse in every way than every single bioware title before it, worse than pretty much every rpg released that year. it was just, trash.
Having said that, I'm picking this up. In honour of Baldur's Gate. In honours of KoTOR and Mass Effect. This is their last chance, ME3 murdered it for me. Red, green and blue is no way to finish one of the most well thought out universes in the history of RPGs. It was a fucking insult to anyone invested in that particular franchise.
This, as the saying goes, is IT. They fuck this thing up, it's OVER.

EA is already ditching this dying horse out, milked out of it's every drop of worth. Mike Laydlaw better make this one count.

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Trailer
3. Re: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Jul 11, 2014, 21:35 Cpmartins

I'm gonna go with DA:I simply because I like RPGs better, but it does looks interesting. But 2 full priced titles at launch is a bit steep for me. Also i want to see if Biowere (pun intended) is still what it kinda was in the past.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
17. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 15:33 Cpmartins

Easily the best kickstarter game release as of yet, even better than FTL (although my tastes tend towards RPGs, so I am biased).

I'm at 50 hours played and stil lvl 15, or about 3/4ths of the game in. It's one of the best games I've ever played, rpg or not.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2014, 18:03 Cpmartins

While the fact that core gaming is populated mainly by men, I don't think women are bad at it at the physiological level. Fact is: they don't care about it, but men very much do. More men care about core gaming, therefore more men will rise to the top tier playing field. It's all statistics.

Also fuck SJW articles. They can all burn for all I care. Most of it is unashamed click bait on non-issues.

Edit -
After reading the comments on the article I stand corrected:

"
"for whatever reasons, we find that males have significantly greater sensitivity for fine detail and for rapidly moving stimuli." - http://www.bsd-journal.com/content/3/1/20

"... results supported our predictions by showing a significant difference in
the reaction time of men (mean= .4491 sec) and women (mean= .7418 sec; t=2.160, P<0.05). ... a significant difference between men (mean= .501 sec) and women (mean= .9151 sec) for light (t=2.262 , P<0.05) and between men (mean= .39725 sec) and women (mean= .5685 sec) for sound( t= 3.182, P<0.05)." - http://www.colorado.edu/eeb/courses/123 ... 005/21.htm
"

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2014, 18:16.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2014, 15:08 Cpmartins

Don't remember getting physically hurt and/or uncomfortable the last time I left my phone at home. Not a good analogy.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit
9. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 27, 2014, 22:36 Cpmartins

My assault rifle Samurai is proof of that. Haste is and that's 2 kills per rounds guaranteed. Still great fun though. Also I had no idea there was a 6 players in the main campaign mod in DOS. Maybe I'll manage to play on normal without pulling my hair out with it (game is soo hard).  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit
5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 27, 2014, 11:53 Cpmartins

D:OS definitely has the edge on polish and overall presentation. Also the fact that you can teleport an ogre into an oil barrel then light his ass on fire.

Wasteland 2 is better written and has better world reactivity (but not by much) , and overall the transfer of style from the first to the second shows, not in a good way. I have to say I enjoyed them both, and can't wait to play their respective finalized versions.

Highly recommending D:OS, and we'll see on Wasteland 2 when released. If they do some polish I'm sure it will be up there as well.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 23, 2014, 20:07 Cpmartins

Links: General FAQ : http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Elite:_Dangerous_FAQ

Be aware: Reading the whole faq will most likely than not make your wallet slimmer by 75 bucks, give or take some due to regional differences.

tl;dr : yes, all those options will be available

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
52. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 17, 2014, 08:33 Cpmartins

3KAD was the second game I've ever bought in my life (living in Brazil is no cheap thing I tell you). It was broken. I remember the crew invasions. They'd break your Battlecruiser completely. So crappy. But promising...
Maybe DS will deliver. Maybe. But never on my money. Wait and see all the way through.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage
23. Re: The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage Jun 17, 2014, 06:00 Cpmartins

If there's ever been a game who deserves a preorder is this one. But I won't. Day one buy for me, unless gamepocalypse happens. But I'm sure it won't, so there it is. CD Projekt fanboy or whatever label I'm worth, they deserve it.  

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Evening Previews Jun 13, 2014, 22:27 Cpmartins

I'm also skeptical, but highly hopeful. Feels Star Trekish, so if it's any good I'm totally in.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Jun 13, 2014, 07:34 Cpmartins

1. It's about something they give no shits about at all then, because based on their market profile the tiny amount they'd sell above the expected mark would not pay for the extra effort they'd have to put in.

2. I don't care and don't identify with any game protagonists. Barring a few examples they are all super-heroes. I enjoy a game for it's gameplay, and if they have a god plot/story, all the better.

3. Maybe for you. Gameplay is king, and that's what will define the level of boringness I will experience. I still play DOOM mods to this day. Can't get more generic as that protagonist.

4. Well, Farcry 3 was ok, not the best, but there was a tinge of dudebroisms in it I agree. But Farcry 4? How do we know that? Trailers? Yeah it has a guy in it. History? FC1 was a bona fide shooter, not a dudebroism to be seen on that one. FC2 was weird and ok as far as shooters go.

News Comments > Minecraft Server Payments Follow-up
5. Re: Minecraft Server Payments Follow-up Jun 13, 2014, 06:04 Cpmartins

Whatever they do to enforce this, can easily be modded out. The only thing they can do is block the offending servers from their official forums lists.  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
51. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 1, 2014, 11:44 Cpmartins

Game developers will conform to their expected audiences, not the other way around. It's that simple. Money speaks louder than words. No surprise that games that have 90% plus of male players cater to their preferences, is it? As for sexism, what are the examples. In my everyday life I fail to see any. Can anyone link to a statistically relevant study that isn't cherry picking to cater to some group?  

News Comments > Tropico 5 Preorders Soar
12. Re: Tropico 5 Preorders Soar May 21, 2014, 11:43 Cpmartins

Wait, coop, as in same map coop Transport Tycoon style?  

News Comments > Offworld Trading Company Announced
14. Re: Offworld Trading Company Announced May 20, 2014, 03:49 Cpmartins

Goddamn Cohaagen, where's the air?!!!?!!
Seriously though, coming from stardock, I'll give them the chance, no harm done (as long as they don't have my money upfront).

86 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo