Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 518 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
21. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 12:08 Undocumented Alien

What % of PC players are offline when they want to play a title like D3? REALLY?

Well, that seems pretty easy, 0% right now as it's forced.

I know the answer is not readily obtainable, but I have to guess that it's an absurdly low number

If you are playing SP, and don't care about the AH/RMAH, then why would you want to be online? You get better performance when not having to have packets of data sent inline during combat. I know I see some intermittent lag when I play.

How often is your gaming PC not online?

How often are consoles online? Right, exactly, but they are not getting stuck online with D3. Explain that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
15. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 11:34 Undocumented Alien

D2 players would buy/sell/trade all the time at this point, still not sure why the disdain? cause of the RMAH? If it was just gold would you all be LESS butthurt?

It's the obvious reason for the forced ODRM, THAT's the disdain (apart from just plain greed). I don't want to be forced online for something I don't need or care about. And now we have "proof" that the RMAH can be taken out as the console crowd doesn't have to deal with it.

Would be a good gesture, if during the expansion, that ActiBlizz allowed the PC crowd to go SP Offline mode like the console crowd can. And of course, for those that like to be "online", you could still do that and get access to the AH or RMAH.

Why does this have to be so phucking hard to understand?

I still wonder if this was from a no name company with a different name if opinions would different.

Of course it would be different, ActiBlizz is holding the brand name "Diablo" hostage, and they know they can get away with it. If this was called anything else and published by Ubi-Soft even people like Krovven would be up in arms over it. They win simply because of the two words, Blizzard & Diablo.

4. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 10:40 Undocumented Alien

They found the off switch for the console versions however. They also found a solution to it always being on for the console versions

Correct, so it's not a "technical" complication, it's a "commercial" complication, having to do with the almighty $$$.

So I think the better question is why did Blizzard totally fuck over the PC user base? Lie to them repeatedly, and continue to lie?

The PC user base is paying for the console crowd to have the luxury of a offline, auction house free experience.

It IS a good question though, why does the console version get the Cadillac experience when the PC base is what got Diablo to where it is today. You would think the console user base would have to pay their dues, not the PC user base.

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Price Reductions; Patch Plans
14. Re: Marvel Heroes Price Reductions; Patch Plans Jul 16, 2013, 08:35 Undocumented Alien

No doubt Jivaro, the game doesn't bring much new to the table.

The only thing that it has that *might* be considered *new* for an ARGP is the open multi-player areas that you share with strangers (up to ~ 20). Since D3 is forced online, that should have also had these open multi-player areas, would have given it some justification outside a DRM scheme.

12. Re: Marvel Heroes Price Reductions; Patch Plans Jul 15, 2013, 14:04 Undocumented Alien

Minus the blood and gore of a Diablo type game, I don't see this being any more basic than a D3 or equiv.

So yes, taking away some adult themed violence that Diablo 1/2/3 has, not sure how any other ARPG is more complicated. I'm sure an 8 year old could just as easily play D3, but with more nightmares after the play session.

Just say'in

9. Re: Marvel Heroes Price Reductions; Patch Plans Jul 15, 2013, 08:39 Undocumented Alien

It's not even better than tetris, let alone Diablo 3. Don't kid yourself, this one is a piece of crap.

What exactly are you having issues with in the game to call it a piece of crap? It's Diablo wrapped in a Marvel environment.

I've reached up to level 20 with two characters (one free (Hawkeye), and paid for Deadpool) and haven't seen any issues yet. Not saying level 20 is a huge achievement, but, that's a decent amount of play time to not see any issues.

5. Re: Marvel Heroes Price Reductions; Patch Plans Jul 14, 2013, 20:31 Undocumented Alien

For $0, it's better than Diablo 3. And, for an online ARPG, it actually has a reason to be online, unlike DiabWoW. Yeah, it's not perfect, but I'm having fun with Deadpool.

And I agree, patches quick via STEAM.

News Comments > New Star Wars Battlefront Announced
21. Re: New Star Wars Battlefront Announced Jun 11, 2013, 08:38 Undocumented Alien

Ohhhhhhh... to be able to fly a snow speeder on Hoth...  

News Comments > Xbox One Announced
32. Re: Xbox One Announced May 21, 2013, 16:00 Undocumented Alien

That is one bland and ugly looking console.

No doubt, looks like I should be able to slide a VHS into it.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House Downtime Continues
12. Re: Diablo III Auction House Downtime Continues May 10, 2013, 11:47 Undocumented Alien

They're going to be segregated apparently.

Yeah, they can actually play OFFLINE..

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House Downtime Continues
9. Re: Diablo III Auction House Downtime Continues May 10, 2013, 09:35 Undocumented Alien

Exposing players to perfect rolls of every item in the game makes their drops feel less meaningful and creates a desire to only upgrade to the highest possible item tier. That's where a big part of player frustration comes from with the game.

I agree, the AH promotes gold farming over exploring. It was a sense of accomplishment when you found a good drop on a Mob or in a container. Now, if it's not the BEST drop in the game, it's not good enough.

I understand that the AH is optional, however, it's been shown that Blizz gimped the drops to move peeps toward the RMAH, so it's optional to a point.

Man how they screwed the title up...

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Return Today
8. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Return Today May 9, 2013, 10:33 Undocumented Alien

I'm guessing the argument is going to be about destroying value of items which now have a tangible, real life dollar cost. That or maybe something about having a legal responsibility to secure the service from fraud or etc. I don't know, the gold AH is pretty much open and shut who cares but introducing transactions with real money is where you run into liability problems.

Exactly, at least with D2 and the "external" black market item sales, if Blizz rolled back and people complained they could at least say, "We told you buying and selling externally was not supported". Now they own it.... dumb-asses they are.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Return Today
2. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Return Today May 9, 2013, 08:38 Undocumented Alien

Since the Auction House can go offline, would you guys mind supplying the offline patch for the game?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 5, 2013, 12:54 Undocumented Alien

http://imgur.com/KyeJtwR  

8. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 5, 2013, 11:05 Undocumented Alien

Yeah that is important when the electricity goes out... Power up that generator so we can continue to play games!

Being able to play games is a side effect, don't go hurting yourself.

It's easy to fix an electricity issue, much harder to fix an external internet problem.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 5, 2013, 10:55 Undocumented Alien

“Electricity goes out too”

That's true, Fucktard, but people also have what we call "GENERATORS", you know, the devices that can generate electricity.

During both Hurricane Sandy and the Blizzard of 2013 (in the Northeast), my kids were playing games on the Wii like their was no weather issues at all outside. Now, lets take that same scenario with your PoS XBOX 720, even with my generator supply "ELECTRICITY" to the house, my kids can't play because of your "always online" DRM.

Conclusion: I won't be buying your fucking XBOX, which is too bad because the Kinetics technology looked like fun, but your DRM doesn't, NO SALE. #dealwithit

Unless Sony completely fucks up, PS4 will be next purchase for kids.

News Comments > Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released
37. Re: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released Apr 4, 2013, 13:47 Undocumented Alien

According to this new Kotaku article 1313 was changed into a Boba Fett game before Lucasarts was shut down.

Doh! Maybe someone else will pick it up.

36. Re: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released Apr 4, 2013, 13:45 Undocumented Alien

fujiJuice wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 13:09:
Undocumented Alien wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 10:45:
I'd like to see a developer create a Jango/Boba Fett Bounty Hunter type game in the same vein as Jedi Outcast/Academy. You get bounties to take out good or bad targets and go through a story. Surprised that has never come around.

They did, http://www.mobygames.com/game/star-wars-bounty-hunter not a bad game, in my opinion. Though I am sure it hasn't aged well.

Well, no wonder why I never heard of it, they only sold this for consoles... do you know if they ever ported it to the PC? Outside of Mario Bros, Sonic, or Lego Wii games, I don't do Consoles.

I would also be happy with another Jedi Knight game as well of course.

18. Re: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released Apr 4, 2013, 10:45 Undocumented Alien

I'd like to see a developer create a Jango/Boba Fett Bounty Hunter type game in the same vein as Jedi Outcast/Academy. You get bounties to take out good or bad targets and go through a story. Surprised that has never come around.  

News Comments > Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans
22. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 11:59 Undocumented Alien

As a working adult with a family, I'd gladly take Diablo 3's system over the others.

Personally, I'd take D1's system over both D2 and D3. I liked the "Save" anywhere capability as you didn't have to run all over the place to find a stupid waypoint to hold your current progress.

518 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo