Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 577 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gauntlet Remake This Summer
35. Re: Gauntlet Remake This Summer Mar 17, 2014, 17:03 Undocumented Alien

Dam, I don't remember the original one being this bloody... when I saw the story title I thought my kid (7) and I could play together... my wife would kill me if I had him play this.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EverQuest Turns 15
1. Re: EverQuest Turns 15 Mar 17, 2014, 10:21 Undocumented Alien

Yikes... 15 years... that ages me...

EQ's last day of beta is in my 'Hall of Fame', I remember being a Dark Elf in my starting area, and along comes this 25'-30' Human Demi-God and about 200 Humans marching in to attack, and behind me comes walking up a 25'-30' Dark Elf Demi-God and we fought the humans at the bridge, was unbelievable. Great Beta ending.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 14, 2014, 17:00 Undocumented Alien

Had a ton of lag much worse than PoE desync, could NEVER do HC there.

Yeah, played a bit of D3 last night, was laggy as hell. Not always like that, but it was pretty bad last night at least. Not sure what the problem was.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 13, 2014, 10:21 Undocumented Alien

As someone elsewhere posted, I'd rather just drop amazon streaming video from the package, to offset the price.

100%, I already have Netflix streaming for my kids and we really never use Amazon's streaming maybe but once in a blue moon. I'd love to have the option to drop the streaming and keep the prime delivery portion the same.

I really like the 2 day shipping, will have to look at my deliveries over the last year and see if $99 a year is worth it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 17:06 Undocumented Alien

So what you're saying you're pro-ODRM then?

I wouldn't say I'm "pro-ODRM", no... but if D3 had come out with SP and B.NET, the B.NET would have been online only and I could value that at 1/2 the price of a full offering. So at $19.99, it's right about there.

I gave PoE about $20 for making a good game but would have paid more if it weren't online only.

So I guess I would say I'm "comfortable" with renting a game at $20.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 16:24 Undocumented Alien

I'm not a big fan of Diablo 3 being an online only game (as it's roots are SP w/ optional coop), BUT, Battle.NET is selling it currently for $19.99 (PC & MAC).

I've been mooching 2 slots of my buddies account to play it as I didn't think it was worth $59.99/49.99 for what I perceived as 1/2 the game (no SP).

But for $19.99, THAT is worth an online only portion of the game so I finally caved in and bought it. Now I can create more than 2 toons

It's a good price for D3, I even have to recommended it at $19.99.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 9, 2014, 13:05 Undocumented Alien

The Stick of Truth is great fun worth a 92 from me before taking away 15 for the complete crap QT events

I haven't gotten as far as you, but I'd give it a similar score (92). The immersion of being part of a South Park episode is very well done.

News Comments > Op Ed
45. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2014, 10:42 Undocumented Alien

And, you are saying the loot hasn't changed and the skills haven't changed. Yet everyone else has been posting about how the loot has changed, how the loots relations to skills has changed and how the game is much more fun. Yet according to the guy that hasn't played since launch, constantly goes into D3 related threads trashing the game, constantly spreading misinformation...nothing in the game has changed. It's impossible to take you seriously or believe a word you say.

Holy dear God I HAVE to agree with Krovven on this (and then take a shower to cleanse myself). Kidding Krovven, kidding.

When I logged in with my Monk his skills were all flashing '!' stating some major changes, so I had to go into my skills window and re-adjust a bunch of things, so they made some changes for sure.

For loot, I think they OVER tuned it, Legendary's aren't very special anymore and yellow is the new blue. Before 'Loot 2.0' I didn't see a Lengendary for almost up to 60-70 hours, now I get at least every play session.

Combat is still A+, but I think they went overboard with Loot 2.0, need to bring it back to the middle more.

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
89. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 15:14 Undocumented Alien

Do you even know what you are saying when you post this stuff? I'm not even going to bother typing out the obvious contradiction in what you said here. It speaks for itself.

BTW, Xbox One no longer requires an internet connection (except for initial setup) due to said outcry.

Yes, people don't want to be handcuffed to online only, for hardware OR software.

Thanks for the heads up on the XBone not needing a persistent online connection, didn't know they caved in, just further proves that people don't want to be handcuffed online, much like my thread clearly indicated.

Do I know what I post? Sure, much like the consoles, PC's aren't always on the internet, probably not anymore or less than consoles but yet consoles get an offline mode because Blizz doesn't think consoles are online very much, just shows their stupidity of reasoning, pretty clear.

I believe you have a pretty bad comprehension issue, should get that checked out sometime. Not sure how I could make things more clear for you.

85. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 14:18 Undocumented Alien

Krovven wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 18:28:
Verno wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 17:44:
They could have easily had offline and separate online functionality without impacting it.

Isn't that kind of the point though? There were problems with offline and online Diablo 2. They couldn't easily have a separate offline functionality without having the same problems.

It comes down entirely to what a few people want and what's better for the whole of the game. They are never going to make everyone happy. Removing the AH has a lot of people upset, making gear BoA has a lot of people upset. But it's for the better of the game.

"I donít think people necessarily remember how mad they themselves were that they had an offline mode and online mode in Diablo II," Martens said.

I guess "Martens" doesn't remember that BIG dialog box that popped up warning people that if they created an offline SP character that it would not transfer over to the B.NET server. Seemed pretty clear to me, I just had characters in both modes, you know, options.

And here is ActiBlizz's reason why Consoles have an offline version of D3: Not a lot of people connect their consoles

ďI got to see it from all angles, especially having worked on console. Diablo plays best when youíre playing with other people. Because not a lot of people connect their consoles to the internet, thatís where the whole idea of having to get four people on the same couch playing together."

Really? People don't connect their XBOX's and PS3/4's to the internet? That seems like a strange statement considering that the XBone requires it, and the PS4 was also going to do it until they saw Microsoft getting their balls kicked into their brain, then smartly changed course as they saw that people in fact, want an offline option.

Even the President of Blizzard just blows hot air and basically admits D3 is always on for DRM and "other" things.

I fully understand the desire to play Diablo 3 offline

Diablo 1/2/3 all have a Single Player Driven Story that can be completed by a Single Player. It's a single player game with an always online DRM, period. COOP is completely and totally optional.

I would have LOVED to see Blizz make Diablo 1 or 2 online only, I don't believe we would even be talking about D3 right now.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
45. Re: Into the Black Mar 5, 2014, 09:30 Undocumented Alien

Couple hours in and no sign of any bugs or glitches yet, fingers crossed (PC version).

Really enjoying it. I like the timing based combat system. The humor and shoutouts to pretty much every episode really hits the spot. And it really is uncanny how exactly like the show it looks. Obviously it's an easier style to copy but still, in cutscenes you really can't tell it's realtime.

100% agree, the background music with Cartman's occasional singing cracks me up. Take a walk into the camera store and listen to the rap song playing, just wrong... (but funny).

73. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 20:04 Undocumented Alien

The game can also be played online. People stat hack their items and then take them online, where they percolate through the broader economy, affecting the experience of anyone who wants to play online. It was the same problem which affected Diablo I battle.net play (Hellspike armor anyone?) which I'm guessing from your affinity for capslock you are too young to have experienced first hand

D1 did NOT have a secure online B.NET mode, I played it and understand it (which is why I still want a OPTIOANAL SP mode like D1/D2 had). Caps are for people (or person in the case) with comprehension issues, people (person) that beat their head into the wall complaining about something that doesn't affect them, my apologies if it bothered you.

D2 came along and provided... wait for it... OPTIONS. SP Offline Mode, non-secure Online MP mode, AND Secure B.NET Characters.

Now that we got that straight, the reason D3 (PC) couldn't do this is?

72. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 19:58 Undocumented Alien

Lol you are fucking stupid. PS3 also has online and those hacked items can be traded. Know what the fuck you are talking about if you are going to sling shit. At least Verno has a clue about what he is saying, we just disagree. You clearly do not.

Wow dude, you are bottom of the barrel fucking dumb.

D2's OFFLINE did nothing to compromise the B.NET secure online mode, NOTHING. Do you understand that? Can you comprehend that?

D3's PS3 does not work with B.NET, so you can't be compromised by that either. Are you still with me? Can you comprehend this?

So let sum this up for your hamster sized brain, neither an OFFLINE mode OR non-B.NET online mode can affect your secure online B.NET characters, it worked that way with D2 and D3 (PS3). So your paranoia about being hacked by Diablo characters is incorrect in ANY scenario, understand this?

Yes, you can trade hacked items OUTSIDE of B.NET, but if you only use secure B.NET characters then why would you care?

65. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 17:07 Undocumented Alien

Just to add...while there is offline in the console versions of Diablo 3, there is also item stat hacking, which is not present in the online PC game.

IT'S OFFLINE!!! WHY DO YOU CARE IF THERE IS ITEM STAT HACKING, IT AFFECTS YOUR EXPERIENCE 0%.

Dam, you *think* you are some kind of debate expert and your points are some of the DUMBEST I have ever seen.

You think that what someone does OFFLINE affects you somehow. It DOEN'T, so stop using it as an excuse for pigeon-holing a game into Online only.

The Diablo series has ZERO reason to be online only, especially after getting rid the AH/RMAH. It's a SINGLE player story that can be beat by a SINGLE player. Coop is OPTIONAL, therefore there is NO need for the online only except as a DRM. Period.

PoE has leagues, PvP, and events, it has a least a decent reason to be online only.

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 12:40 Undocumented Alien

It's pretty much an interactive South Park episode, so pretty great if you're into that.

Exactly, you are a character in the show and interact with the other South Park characters as such. It has been pretty immersive so far.

Is it worth $60? Not sure yet, but I'm not disappointed.

21. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 11:34 Undocumented Alien

Yes, Diablo was also for me completely about the Loot, like TOTALLY.

For me, my "fondest" memories of the Diablo series comes from the original Diablo (1). It wasn't just about loot (to me), it was a dark and sometimes scary/horror adventure (i.e. Butcher chasing me around a whole level), with an "OK" story, enough at least to have a goal, and the difficultly was (or seemed) harder and it made you think more about approaching that unique MOB and it's followers. THEN, you always hoped to get good loot (weapons, armor, spell books) to HELP you progress.

So Diablo to me was always, "What's around the next corner".

Diablo 2 was still a good game, but I was less worried about what was around the next corner (wasn't as dark), and now D3 I could care less about what's around the next corner, I just leave a path of destruction.

There just isn't much of an "edge" anymore.

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 09:32 Undocumented Alien

Just started playing it... so far so good.

Will play tonight, get the kids in bed, get my medicinal on, and have a good time, look forward to playing a comedy based game.

News Comments > Minecraft Movie Plans
4. Re: Minecraft Movie Plans Feb 28, 2014, 09:13 Undocumented Alien

Kids CGI movie, maybe, live action no!

I agree, CGI would be much more appropriate for a Minecraft movie. God, my 6 y/o will have a joy-gasium if something like this comes to a theater.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II
12. Re: Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II Feb 28, 2014, 08:18 Undocumented Alien

How's Grim Dawn compared to Titan Quest (with Immortal Throne) and PoE

It's based on a modified version of the TQ engine so the interface, especially selecting your skills (Dual Class option still), is very similar.

Coop will be in down the road, they just released Act 2, so they have a bit to go with Act 3 still coming and one more character class.

What I like about GD is that it will have OFFLINE SP, LAN/IP MP Coop. It would be good to have an OPTIONAL online like B.NET equivalent, but this is a 6/7 person team, so maybe down the road.

Compares well against TQ and PoE so far.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II
9. Re: Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II Feb 27, 2014, 13:54 Undocumented Alien

I am glad to hear Grim Dawn is coming along nicely.. now the only question is should I keep playing my pre-release guy, or just shelve this game until it's fully done?

Depends if you want to help test the game and provide feedback, otherwise, as you said, the game is in flux as it's Alpha.

I'm using a Toon that I probably won't play at release so I don't care if it gets messed up when Crate provides updates. Just having fun with the content they have provided and submit feedback when I can.

577 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo