Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 515 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins
28. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins Nov 20, 2013, 19:08 Undocumented Alien

Grim Dawn feels a bit too much like Titan Quest in it's "stiffness".

Yeah, I agree, it's slower and stiffer than D3's combat, it is based on TQ's "older" engine so I'm not sure what they can do about it, plus they only have ~ 6 Devs.

I am enjoying Grim Dawn (what they have released so far), and I believe that the modding community will spice it up, but I would have liked to have seen some quicker action in regards to combat.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins Nov 20, 2013, 16:34 Undocumented Alien

vote for Grim Dawn 2014, for your ARPG fix!

I purchased Early Access to Grim Dawn via STEAM and have played for a bit and provided feedback for Crate. It's a good aRPG and has a TON of potential. It will also supporting modding which will give it a lot of life. Imagine if D3 was moddable...

I will say, D3 has spoiled me with it's combat "action", the recently released and upcoming aRPG's don't seem to be as fluid with combat as D3 is so far (even Grim Dawn).

21. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins Nov 20, 2013, 15:16 Undocumented Alien

.net_Drifter wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 15:03:
As an aside, Path of Exile seems to require you constantly be online too, unless I'm missing something. Haven't seen nearly the ire over that, as it was with D3.

PoE is new IP, never offered an "Offline" mode historically, there is/was no expectation. Diablo has a legacy/history of providing a Single Player Offline mode, D3 gave no compelling reason why they didn't offer that, except that people would pay $$$ for items (hence the "money" grab comments).

PoE cost $0, D3 costs $60.

PoE has PvP, D3 does not.

PoE has tournaments, D3 does not.

PoE actually has good reasons to be online only (given above), D3 does not (except for RMAH).

Personally, I like PoE, but because it is online only I don't play it to much.

19. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins Nov 20, 2013, 15:03 Undocumented Alien

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 14:49:
They can do something different if that want, I have no issue with that. Just don't call it Diablo.

Amen.

14. Re: Op Ed Nov 20, 2013, 14:18 Undocumented Alien

I'll give the game credit where credit is due, the combat is the best I've seen in any ARPG (or maybe even any game). Hitting a MOB so hard that it knocks it's Skeleton right out of it's skin and sends it 20' in the air? Fun stuff.

Besides the combat, Axis sums up D3 correctly:

The game was a blatant IP money grab to sucker in all the new players who hoped they could relive what made D2 such a smash hit for vets of the genre. I don't feel for blizzard one mote, they had plenty of feedback and they ignored it all to money suck all those nostalgia hopefuls over and over.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Early Access
20. Re: Grim Dawn Early Access Nov 7, 2013, 10:04 Undocumented Alien

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 09:56:
Necrophob wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 09:19:
Is this by the Titan's Quest guys? That was a fun, under appreciated game.

It is, thats why i'm excited about it. TQ was solid.

The Lead Dev from TQ is making this (with a small team) on a modified version of the TQ engine. So the guy knows the engine REALLY well and already has a good game (TQ) under his belt. I have high hopes for GD and have purchased early access to the game to both support them and help out (if I can). I've been pleading for an offline ARPG, and here one is.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Early Access
16. Re: Grim Dawn Early Access Nov 7, 2013, 08:21 Undocumented Alien

I'm going to buy it regardless, so may as well take the 10% off. I know that down the road it may be cheaper, but, I will be supporting this ARGP that supports OFFLINE & LAN mode and is MOD-able, rare treat these days. I hope it sells well so we can get these features back in future ARGP's. Enough of this only online stuff.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Launches
27. Re: Path of Exile Launches Oct 24, 2013, 10:26 Undocumented Alien

Greeeeat.
I have one too, looks like I should wait to play.

Right-click your PoE Icon on your Desktop, choose Properties, in the "Target" text box paste the following:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\Client.exe" --softwareaudio

This should stop PoE from crashing because of the x-fi sound card until they fix it properly.

News Comments > Path of Exile Launches
25. Re: Path of Exile Launches Oct 24, 2013, 08:25 Undocumented Alien

I played a few characters up to about level 30 or so. I think it's a fun game, especially for $0 (I purchased extra storage to give them some money for their work). The game gives you a lot of control over your character, the graphics look good, and the environments are varied.

Of course I'm not super happy about the online only requirement, but again it costs $0 and they have no prior history of shipping an offline mode so it's hard to complain about it.

It costs $0 to check out, judge for yourself.

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
63. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 16:47 Undocumented Alien

People on Reddit calling it the "GabeCube".

Personally, I play most of my games with keyboard and mouse, so this doesn't appeal to me to much. I already have a Wii and PS3 that my kids use (and me from time to time) so I have the console thing going already x2.

I wish them luck, but I don't see anything great here.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
92. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 18, 2013, 21:05 Undocumented Alien

No, I just called you a moron in a previous thread for calling me out in a thread I hadn't even posted in, when you suggested I'd have a problem with other games being online only.

Yes, the "pinnacle of maturity", I hurt your feelings (which I didn't even call you anything) so you start name calling... do you read your own shit dude?

I put you in my previous post because, in regards to D3 threads on blues you have been, and are, a "Dick". You harass anyone who mentions that there should be an offline mode in D3, even though Blizz has implemented it on Consoles and is now ditching the AH/RMAH, therefore showing YOU that YOU are wrong, and yet you come to this thread and still act like a "Dick".

If you don't want to be treated like a Dick, then don't be a Dick.

not playing a game out of spite because it's online only being moronic, when the same people use online only services and play many other online only games. Time to grow up a little and get over it.

You see, this above post is why people think you are a Dick. It's such a Dickhead thing to say. Because even now, Blizz is making the game OFFLINE to console users, showing that the game does NOT need to be online only. And what does it matter if someone does not wanty to play a SP game online? How does that affect you? It doesn't, does it? But here you are calling people moronic over it. And then you say, "Time to grow up". LoL... oh the irony.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2013, 21:13.

88. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 18, 2013, 16:15 Undocumented Alien

Personally I think the best way to replace the AH is to implement some sort of bazaar-like functionality, maybe have it per lobby or something.

Not saying that Marvel Heroes is a great game, but, it at least has "common" areas where you can interact (and coop) with ~30 other people "on the fly".

I'm a bit surprised that D3 didn't have common areas where 30-50 heroes could cooperate together against bosses (dynamic events) and misc mobs, that at least could nave been a better requirement for online DRM. It could also serve as a meeting/trading place.

86. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 18, 2013, 15:56 Undocumented Alien

So which part of my post, or any post recently, was me being a dick to you (or anyone else)

Yeah, your a dick dude, no way around it.

Calling people "morons" for wanting what IS a SP OFFLINE game with optional COOP to actually have a SP OFFLINE mode? "Being a dick".

83. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 18, 2013, 15:27 Undocumented Alien

What's your problem Verno? Or could you just not help but be a dick today?

As opposed to you being one everyday? Poor Krovven crying yet again...

37. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 17:17 Undocumented Alien

Alright Blizz, ALMOST THERE! Just need to add the SP OFFLINE mode and it will finally be a CORRECT Diablo successor sequel.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2013, 21:30.

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
39. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 16:54 Undocumented Alien

Don't like the AH? Don't use it. It's that simple.

I don't and won't, and additionally detach the AH/RMAH from requiring the whole game to be forced to an online connection (JUST LIKE THE CONSOLE VERSION) and we'll be getting somewhere. It's that simple.

I've been playing online only games for 10+ years and will continue to do so.

Since you such a "VET", then you should understand that Diablo is historically a SP OFFLINE AND MP game, NOT just an online game.

If I dont have internet at any given time, I will play something else and I won't rage about it, unlike what Undocumented Moron thinks.

Oh wow, I get a personal attack, sweet! Must have hit a nerve, I guess Diablo 3 needs to come with tissues as well. *Poor Krovven*

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2013, 17:03.

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
23. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 12:19 Undocumented Alien

Why is there no RMAH in the PS3 version? Sony likely wouldn't allow it, at least without their cut, which would make it not worth it...

It's the same for XBOX as well.

I realize you're not all developers, or even computer people, but shit takes time...

How big of you to explain to all the little people. D3 was in the oven for a LONG time, time was not an issue for Blizz. Your excuse doesn't hold any water. Obviously they reused a lot of the code base from the PC version and somehow, using a genius like yourself I guess, were able to strip the AH/RMAH out of the game.

People "like" yourself complained with publishers like Ubi-soft used shitty DRM schemes and the complaining helped remedy the decision. If "we" don't let Blizz know that the forced ODRM sucks, then nothing will get changed.

"I" want the OPTION to play D3 SP Offline just like I did with Diablo and Diablo 2. So I will be vocal about it. Sorry if my want for an OPTION takes away from your gaming experience.

21. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 12:08 Undocumented Alien

What % of PC players are offline when they want to play a title like D3? REALLY?

Well, that seems pretty easy, 0% right now as it's forced.

I know the answer is not readily obtainable, but I have to guess that it's an absurdly low number

If you are playing SP, and don't care about the AH/RMAH, then why would you want to be online? You get better performance when not having to have packets of data sent inline during combat. I know I see some intermittent lag when I play.

How often is your gaming PC not online?

How often are consoles online? Right, exactly, but they are not getting stuck online with D3. Explain that.

15. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 11:34 Undocumented Alien

D2 players would buy/sell/trade all the time at this point, still not sure why the disdain? cause of the RMAH? If it was just gold would you all be LESS butthurt?

It's the obvious reason for the forced ODRM, THAT's the disdain (apart from just plain greed). I don't want to be forced online for something I don't need or care about. And now we have "proof" that the RMAH can be taken out as the console crowd doesn't have to deal with it.

Would be a good gesture, if during the expansion, that ActiBlizz allowed the PC crowd to go SP Offline mode like the console crowd can. And of course, for those that like to be "online", you could still do that and get access to the AH or RMAH.

Why does this have to be so phucking hard to understand?

I still wonder if this was from a no name company with a different name if opinions would different.

Of course it would be different, ActiBlizz is holding the brand name "Diablo" hostage, and they know they can get away with it. If this was called anything else and published by Ubi-Soft even people like Krovven would be up in arms over it. They win simply because of the two words, Blizzard & Diablo.

4. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 10:40 Undocumented Alien

They found the off switch for the console versions however. They also found a solution to it always being on for the console versions

Correct, so it's not a "technical" complication, it's a "commercial" complication, having to do with the almighty $$$.

So I think the better question is why did Blizzard totally fuck over the PC user base? Lie to them repeatedly, and continue to lie?

The PC user base is paying for the console crowd to have the luxury of a offline, auction house free experience.

It IS a good question though, why does the console version get the Cadillac experience when the PC base is what got Diablo to where it is today. You would think the console user base would have to pay their dues, not the PC user base.

515 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo