Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 541 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 09:32 Undocumented Alien

Just started playing it... so far so good.

Will play tonight, get the kids in bed, get my medicinal on, and have a good time, look forward to playing a comedy based game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Minecraft Movie Plans
4. Re: Minecraft Movie Plans Feb 28, 2014, 09:13 Undocumented Alien

Kids CGI movie, maybe, live action no!

I agree, CGI would be much more appropriate for a Minecraft movie. God, my 6 y/o will have a joy-gasium if something like this comes to a theater.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II
12. Re: Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II Feb 28, 2014, 08:18 Undocumented Alien

How's Grim Dawn compared to Titan Quest (with Immortal Throne) and PoE

It's based on a modified version of the TQ engine so the interface, especially selecting your skills (Dual Class option still), is very similar.

Coop will be in down the road, they just released Act 2, so they have a bit to go with Act 3 still coming and one more character class.

What I like about GD is that it will have OFFLINE SP, LAN/IP MP Coop. It would be good to have an OPTIONAL online like B.NET equivalent, but this is a 6/7 person team, so maybe down the road.

Compares well against TQ and PoE so far.

9. Re: Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II Feb 27, 2014, 13:54 Undocumented Alien

I am glad to hear Grim Dawn is coming along nicely.. now the only question is should I keep playing my pre-release guy, or just shelve this game until it's fully done?

Depends if you want to help test the game and provide feedback, otherwise, as you said, the game is in flux as it's Alpha.

I'm using a Toon that I probably won't play at release so I don't care if it gets messed up when Crate provides updates. Just having fun with the content they have provided and submit feedback when I can.

1. Re: Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II Feb 27, 2014, 08:50 Undocumented Alien

Grim Dawn +1  

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses
5. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses Feb 25, 2014, 10:28 Undocumented Alien

I agree that the fluid combat of D3 is much better than PoE. But thats production values for you. There is no way that PoE's developers can compete with the likes of the behemoth that is ActiBlizz.

Yeah, D3's combat is the best in the business right now, but it helps to have a HUGE budget and 10 years of time to develop a product. So they get an 'A' in combat and pretty much a 'D' or worse in everything else.

It's to bad either PoE or Grim Dawn can't up their games 'Ragdoll physics' and solid combat feedback so you know you hit that MOB.

Personally I think PoE and Grim Dawn are better games (even with Grim Dawn in alpha) overall, but will admit that D3's combat makes it feel more "fun" to play.

News Comments > PC Minecraft Passes 14M Sales
42. Re: PC Minecraft Passes 14M Sales Feb 3, 2014, 15:19 Undocumented Alien

How far away are we from having a generation of kids who have tablets, but not PCs? Do we have one already?

Not taking into consideration one's like or dislike for Microsoft, but I believe that the Surface Pro 1/2 is bridging the gap between the two. However, I don't think that a "pure" tablet, like an iPad, will totally replace a PC because of MOD's (and horsepower as it stands today). My son plays Minecraft PE on the iPad, but he likes me to install MOD's on the PC version as it GREATLY extends the game and what you can do with it. My kids definitely use the iPad for Angry Birds etc, "lite" games, but eveb my 6 y/o can see the value in what the PC can do for a game.

35. Re: PC Minecraft Passes 14M Sales Feb 3, 2014, 08:23 Undocumented Alien

I have a friend's kid who plays a lot. Whenever he's taken anywhere he is playing on the tablet. I suspect many of the people buying on platforms other than PC, also have it on the PC.

Exactly, when we are at home my son plays it on the PC, when we are travelling he plays the PE version on the iPad.

24. Re: PC Minecraft Passes 14M Sales Feb 2, 2014, 21:47 Undocumented Alien

As a father, I truly appreciate this game and what it allows an individual to accomplish, a "lego" type game where you are only limited by your imagination. I've always been happy that my son (6 y/o) likes to build with Legos, but he creates very cool things in Minecraft as well. Being a lifelong gamer, I'm having a BLAST playing coop with him in Minecraft, it's a fun game, but also a great creative tool. We're just starting to play Survival, been some pretty funny times already.  

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Detailed
15. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Detailed Jan 30, 2014, 10:24 Undocumented Alien

When is the single player offline mode coming? I might consider buying D3 then...

Probably depend on how well this expansion sells. If it "flops", then you may see a SP Offline mode offered to entice more $$$ out of the series. Akin to how SimCity "Online" magically offered offline when it probably didn't sell as well as they forecasted.

But again, ActiBlizz is holding the Diablo franchise hostage because they know people want to play it because of the name alone. Time will tell...

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
66. Re: why??? Jan 23, 2014, 17:08 Undocumented Alien

I could see my flag - and was "DEFENDING" - not sure why I got in trouble for "camping" while defending. Wasn't in a corner, was out in the open, they just didn't look around when they came into the area with the flag - had their blinders on. oh well.

Bah, that's not "camping", you were playing with a bunch of wimps.

60. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 16:09 Undocumented Alien

It's not about the difficulty requiring a second player - it's just about being able to team up with a friend and play through the singleplayer content together (though yes, we'd likely jack up the difficulty to compensate). And why would we be in different areas? The idea would be to explore and enjoy the game's content together. The variety of weapon and skill path options would make it even more fun, as a couple of players could support each other while specializing in their particular area.

Agreed, you could play Diablo 2 and run in a completely different direction then your buddies, but you don't because the point is to play together. Skyrim has you play with a companion quite a bit, not sure why this couldn't be with another real player. The scripting would just have to be updated to allow that other player to get credit for completing a quest.

59. Re: why??? Jan 23, 2014, 16:05 Undocumented Alien

Messed around in CoD last night, was protecting our flag pretty well and capping theirs once in a while. I killed 3 people in a row that came around the corner in a group - next message on screen "xXBatmanXx don't camp" - ha! I just replied "F*** Off". Banned. Oh well.

Huh, I guess my interpretation of "camping" has always been more about the opposition sitting at my teams spawn point and killing people before they can even move. I didn't think people had a problem with someone being in a strategic spot (non-spawn killing), and I didn't think their were "rules" that you always had to move.

10. Re: TimeLines: Assault On America Preorders Jan 23, 2014, 10:28 Undocumented Alien

The only MMO that I would actually consider is a modernized (technology wise) UO reboot. Not that care bear UO in it's last few years of life, but the original, hardcore world where virtually anything goes. I remember some dam fun times getting into battles with PvP'ers, exciting and scary, but kept me coming back for more. Other than that, I agree these MMO's have become quite boring.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2014, 11:51 Undocumented Alien

I am still on XP at work. I've talked to the boss the other day to upgrade to 7 but there isn't much reasons to do so, aside from the support not going to be there for XP, which doesn't affect us much anyways.

If your XP machine has access to the internet you may want to reconsider, with M$ no longer patching XP any new vulnerabilities will not be fixed.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March
51. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 21, 2013, 14:57 Undocumented Alien

You didn't mention the weird leashing that goes on with the coop, you get too far from another player and you're teleported over to them which is really jarring. I wish it had more leeway, my fiance was having a lot of trouble with that.

Wow, yet another bad design decision by Acti-Blizz for D3. Why would you not go with a split-screen for this type of game? They have a blind captain at the helm of their ship...

I've been playing Grim Dawn early access lately and feel like its the most promising ARPG yet, it hits all the right notes. It is far from completion unfortunately, at least a year or two off at this rate.

We should be getting Act 2 of GD within a month.

39. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 20, 2013, 12:50 Undocumented Alien

Poe is damn excellent too.

Yes, PoE is a very good game. My big complaint is the Online Only DRM (much like D3), just NOT a big fan of this current trend of the ARPG's being locked to online only. Grim Dawn is old School, OFFLINE, LAN, Direct IP... how it used to be. I'd also be fine if GD offered an OPTIONAL Secure Online Mode. I did give GGG some $$$ for making a very good ARPG, however, I'm more inclined to support Crate for making an excellent ARPG (so far), and providing a spectrum of game modes.

34. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 20, 2013, 08:41 Undocumented Alien

I Have Grim Dawn now and the alpha alone is as close to the fun i have had to Diablo 2 as i am going to get from any ARPG and I have tried them all.

+1

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta
16. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta Dec 13, 2013, 08:35 Undocumented Alien

Grim Dawn hit early access; I guess I was busy last month. Tempted

For a 6 person team, and still being in Alpha, Grim Dawn (GD) has been a blast to play. Act 1 is just HUGE, almost like Act 1 and 2 of D3 combined. Act 2 of GD should be coming out late this month or sometime in January. I have almost 12 hours into the game and still have a bit to go with Act 1 (I explore a lot).

As far as D3:RoS is concerned, it would have been a gesture of good will on ActiBlizz's part to not charge for this "fix" for their game, or have it cost some menial sum of money ($5) for the new character. And of course add the OPTIONAL Offline mode.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
14. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 10, 2013, 14:10 Undocumented Alien

FYI - Some screenshots for Act 2

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10708

541 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo