Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 511 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Hellgate: London Patch Tomorrow
19. Re: Who Cares? Jul 9, 2008, 12:05 Undocumented Alien

would rather see their two tiered pay system fail.

Yes, I would rather not see future ARPG Developers pollute this genre with get rich schemes like Flagship is doing, create a good game and the money will come, create and expansion and you'll get even more.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hellgate: London Patch Tomorrow
17. Re: Who Cares? Jul 9, 2008, 10:00 Undocumented Alien

www.flagshipped.com

News Comments > Flagship on Hellgate
22. Re: If Flagship had a sense of humor Jul 8, 2008, 11:42 Undocumented Alien

Actually, it is free to play, it just has a micro-transaction system like most Korean MMO's. But you can d/l it and play it for free.

I'm not sure why Mythos is F2P and Hellgate is not as they are both made on top of the same engine (as a poster has already stated, Mythos stated off as a testbed for Hellgate).

I guess more FSS stupidity.

News Comments > Flagship on Hellgate
5. Re: Mistake Jul 7, 2008, 15:07 Undocumented Alien

www.flagshipped.com

Mythos is a *cute* game, I find the sound effects to be pretty stupid though. And yes, D3 may have killed it even though it will probably have a year to a year and a half to exist before D3 is released.

As far as Hellgate:London is concerned, I'm not sure, as far as consumers go, who wanted a $10 a month rental subscription model so Flagship probably wasted MONTHS of programming the sub model when they could have added better, less repetitive MoBs and Tile sets. They also probably wasted to time coding in Microsoft's Massive Advert Engine product that also took away development time for the game.

The Hellgate:London rental subscription model has to be THE biggest ripoff in the history of PC Gaming. To date, there has only been one content update (Stonehenge that has ZERO quests or storyline, just a grinding sandbox and is ~ 1/5th of the core game that cost $40-50 at release) that has cost some subscribers up to $80 so far (twice as much as the core game itself).

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 15:19.

News Comments > Age of Conan Still Popular
42. Re: No subject Jul 1, 2008, 14:29 Undocumented Alien

I think the music in AoC is top notch and goes great with the game. I chose not to subscribe after the 30 day free trial because I'm still not over my burnout from playing YEARS of MMO's, that being UO->EQ->DAoC->CoH, etc. I did find leveling to be pretty smooth and quick for an MMO, which I liked a lot.

I think AoC is a good MMO, and maybe down the road I'll fire it up again.

News Comments > Diablo III Announced
173. Re: Will be best PC Game Jun 30, 2008, 13:41 Undocumented Alien

D3 will be much more of the same, just with a 72" HD projector, and 150W DTS surround.

Wow, holy shit that sounds like a FUN way to game...

very jealous.

News Comments > Diablo III Announced
170. Re: No subject Jun 30, 2008, 10:52 Undocumented Alien

Looks great, cinematic and game play videos were awesome (as usual), I look forward to a demo.

News Comments > In-Game Ad Survey
32. Re: NP Jun 17, 2008, 16:57 Undocumented Alien

If they bother me, I disable them. Nice and simple.

You mean by the port hack? There is only one game to my knowledge that lets you disable them (CoH/CoV). I'm sure Massive (aka Microsoft) will find away around the port hack and disabling will be difficult.

20. Re: ... Jun 17, 2008, 14:05 Undocumented Alien

I don't have a problem with in-game ads, as long as they are tastefully done and not distracting. It's all in the implementation. We already have advertising everywhere in our lives and there's money to be made - there's no point trying to act like gaming should be some special exception. All I hope is that it doesn't become as blatant as the shit in The Bourne Ultimatum.

See, this is the problem with attitudes like yours, you allow these adverts to slowly gain a strong foothold in gaming and when it is to late you will push back... sorry, to late.

I agree with the poster below, we started with skip able intro's like the nVidia ad at the beginning of a game, now there are Adverts IN THE GAME, and pretty soon loading screens WILL BE Adverts. If you don't like that then you need to start disliking what is happening TODAY.

19. Re: ENOUGH of this bullshit Jun 17, 2008, 13:59 Undocumented Alien

To be fair, they're context relevant there. The only ads you see are in the subway on the wall or on a billboard in a world where they fit. I'd rather see real ads there than some made up crap that's just trying to be clever, it adds to the game.

And THIS is the typical HGL fanbois response on the HGL official forums about the in game adverts.

So YOUR gonna tell me that in the year 2038, after a demonic invasion that pretty much kills EVERYONE that survivors are gonna GIVE A SHIT about "Discovery's Deadliest Catch on Tuesday nights at 9 PM"?

Of course NOT, every piece of paper would be used for fire to keep warm or draw battle plans or even used for maps. It DOES NOT add to the game, it actually makes it feel LESS IMMERSIVE.

Have you even played HGL? Everything is wrecked, there are no TV's, no broadcast stations, nothing. The Adverts do not fit.

The Adverts are nothing but greed, period.

9. Re: ENOUGH of this bullshit Jun 17, 2008, 11:04 Undocumented Alien

When you look at game site forums like Hellgate:London (yes, Hellgate:London HAS in game ads on top of their other rental subscription BS) the fanbois say they love the in game ads, but then again if Bill Roper shot a load on their face they would love that too.

Anyways, in game ads can fuck off. I want to play a game, not be sold to ALL THE TIME.

And I also agree that IF the game is FREE then I would tolerate in game ads, but when you have a company like FlagSHIT studios that charges $10 a month PLUS hosts in game ads those types of greedy developers can suck my ass.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 11:05.

News Comments > Age of Conan Plans
32. Re: Sooo.....? Jun 13, 2008, 15:31 Undocumented Alien

casual gamers have no interest in keeping up with what gaming news is going down. SUPER casual gamers wouldnt even know what game they are playing or what they are playing on.

Wrong. And wrong.

15. Re: Sooo.....? Jun 13, 2008, 11:19 Undocumented Alien

if there isn't an issue with missing content in the 50s why have they announced that they are specifically adding content for around that level?

Where's that announcement? Not saying there isn't any shortage of quests as I don't have any idea but I haven't seen any official announcement about it. As always, more is better.

12. Re: Sooo.....? Jun 13, 2008, 10:54 Undocumented Alien

Once you hit about 50 you will realise that something is missing....

This is NOT what I am seeing from other players, there is a thread on the AoC forums about this right now, here are some excerpts...

I was kind of dreading my late 50s after reading the forums about no quests for those levels. But I am happy to report that this has not been the case, at least for me.

Oh yes, I will grind the handful of bubbles left to level if I run out of quests.....in a particular zone. But that was my choice to level up before moving to a different zone that I had quests in my logbook for. I have not yet at 60 ever been totally out of quests.

I was pleased to see I could handle (was a challenge)some of the early quests in Atzel's and Thunder River, at 57.

I also put on probably a full level doing by gathering quests. Not the most efficient way to get experience for sure, but it was a necessary task to help my guild erect its keep.

I just wanted to reassure those who, after reading the forums, have concluded that leveling in the 50s was going to be impossible without significant grinding. It's just not the case.

Be well.

--------------------------------------------------

Im in the same position as the op

I've never once had the bubble in questing that other people complain about, perhaps its because i move around and actually do all 3 main cities thier sub-areas worth of quests. *gasp*

Just because everything isnt laid out in a neat, easy to follow linear order, doesnt meant there arent things to do. Some of this game requires thinking, i know i know, thinking is a concept new to most of you mmo players.

I personally love all teh QQ's that come on here and say *waaah* theres no content, its so slow to level, the quests are boaring... Yet they have a level 80 and the games been out 3 weeks?

For whats harder to come by in the game (gold..mounts..tradeshit..) I think its a great trade off for how easy it is to level (especially since they lowered xp)

------------------------------------------

i second this. i am level 59 and have maybe spend 30 minutes grinding total. i still have about 25 quests in my quest log. i haven't even touched the main system yet. or any of those scaled instances like the oasis.

in my case, i think doing all the quests (or at least most of them) in the three level 20-40 areas was the key. finish off those grey quests in khopshef, conall's, and wild lands. and yeah, do those gathering quests. and the crafting quests.

you also don't have to repeat the repeatable quests to prevent grinding. i've done each villa quest twice, and not a single bounty quest more than once.

But there seems to be a lot of debating about it with some having no issues and some saying you have to grind.

So far I like the game, the music is GREAT and fits the Conan world perfectly. The gore is very funny and the graphics are excellent (and kill my rig in the process keeping up). I am a SUPER casual gamer so I am only level 15 so I haven't seen any grinding issues yet, I feel like I'm playing GW on steroids so far and like it. I personally haven't run into any bugs but I'm sure they exist.

I think it deserves an 8/10 so far, I've been very pleased with it, definitely one of the better MMO launches to date.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 10:55.

9. Re: Sooo.....? Jun 13, 2008, 10:37 Undocumented Alien

Notice that the people who are loving the game are quite low lvl, you can get to lvl 30 in about 10-15 hours of solo playing. (Depends on what class you are playing)

Once you hit about 50 you will realise that something is missing....

What level are you in the game? What server?

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 10:40.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Content Plans
6. Re: Fun? Jun 12, 2008, 11:41 Undocumented Alien

Hellgate Patch 2.0 looks awesome... not, here is an opinion from a disgruntled fanbois-

I'm not going to rant for 12312312 paragraphs. So here it is.

I canceled my sub about 4 weeks ago to take some time off, but also to wait for 2.0 and make a decision about resubscribing. I have since been testing 2.0 in its current form, and here is what I have to say.

If you keep 2.0 in its current state (give or take some bug fixing, etc.) - with the armor "fix," the strength of current bosses and new bosses (being stupidly overpowered), the AA stupidity and feeds in general, and the STILL retarded FPS and lag issues - I'm not resubbing, and in fact, I'm uninstalling the game and going to Dungeons and Dragons Online or AoC. Why? Because BOTH of those games, while lacking in the stunning graphics and ease of use, are so far superior in basic programming and game management.

Hellgate needed a shot in the arm, and 2.0 was supposed to be it. It's more like a sledgehammer to the knees - it sucks - especially given HOW LONG we have had to wait. This should have been a polished gem, but instead it's a murky and flawed piece of crap.

I'll be online at some point to give away my stuff to you poor saps who still think this game will ever be better. I'm not wasting $10/month to play what is, in my opinion, the worst cluster F**k since Asheron's Call 2.

Not even sure if I would play it for free, even if non-subs got access to all sub content and perks.

I used to be a huge fan and a huge supporter when you were doing your best with a limited staff and budget, but with a supposed 250,000 copies sold, if you can't do better than this, I do not owe you any more of my time.

Adios.

Izuele
Izuel
etc. etc.

Another Flagshipped fan

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 12:05.

News Comments > Flagship Dirty Laundry
68. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2008, 17:07 Undocumented Alien

Regarding Sins of a Solar Empire: I'm one of the biggest fans of the game, I wrote and published an interview that was linked on this site and I was at the damn launch party.

Super for you, I was saying that IT IS a GREAT GAME and it got the VAST majority to give it positive reviews from the same people you are tell "Up Yours" too. So yes a good/great game WILL get good word of mouth.

Frankly: up yours. Tastes will range from person to person and I'm enjoying this game.

And a lot of people here don't like it, so frankly: up yours.

It's time for this game to be re-reviewed. According to those that were there at the beginning it's very much a different game today and closer (not quite there) to what they were promising. I think that warrants a second look.

It's cost the 'people' who were there at the beginning approx $130 ($50 Box + Sub Fee) to get it were it is, and THAT is a rip off. And as soon as those people stop subbing they lose all that they paid for, THAT is a rip off. This game is NOT an MMO, it's Diablo 2 with a Guild Wars rip off multi player model, and GW is sub free.

This game STILL needs a LOT of work. Period.

62. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2008, 16:08 Undocumented Alien

Graham wrote -

This is typical of video game culture - we'd rather tear down than build up. Sad, really.

Yeah, this site really tears down great game(s) like "Sins of a Solar Empire"...

Oh yeah, we didn't do that, we acknowledged it's awesomeness, sorry, your wrong.

Comes down to this, if the game is good it doesn't get knocked. Bill Roper and his cronies tried making us "their bitch', and like Romero they produced a flop, not our fault.

The only thing sad is Hellgate:London and how bad the "Makers of Diablo" screwed it up.

45. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2008, 14:13 Undocumented Alien

I've heard a number of people say that post patches, the game has improved.

nin, please note that the core game (free part) is still boring and repetitive, yes some bugs have been squashed and it runs a bit better, but if you didn't like the first demo then nothing has changed (that reads NOTHING). You can pretty much bank on the fact that *even if* they re-did an update to the demo it would not contain anything from Stonehenge or the new 2.0 Abyss patch, you will HAVE TO subscribe to their rental subscription model to see ANYTHING but the core 'free' crappy game.

All the 'cool' stuff (and even that is debatable as there are ZERO new quests in either update) is being held hostage behind their $10 a month rental subscription service and when you stop subscribing you lose access to the subscriber content.

So unless you pay you get the same ole same ole.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 14:23.

31. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2008, 12:19 Undocumented Alien

Instead of posting this crappy old news, why don't you post the Hellgate Patch 2.0 news? which is on Test Center atm, it would be great to have even more people testing the patch.

Yes, good idea, here's some Patch 2.0 news (www.flagshipped.com) in typical FSS "Can't do anything right' fashion...

Apparently the TC 2.0 patch is proving a tad tricky to download. Myself + others are constantly getting CRC errors with the patch when trying to get it to work.

(It’s discussed in a few threads here, and its rather funny)

Here’s the Bogustus response:
“Ugh, lots of people are getting a corrupt file. We are double-checking whether the upload was corrupt. (Which I should have checked before posting - my bad. I’m just so excited about getting Patch 2.0 up there… I’m getting ahead of myself.) We might have to pull it down and try again.”

This is Flagships problem, they just need to slow the fuck down in every regard. They need to drop the sub model (go to a pay per expansion/content patch) because they just can't keep up (making it a RIP OFF) as some people have paid upwards of $70-80 (on top of the box price) just for the Stonehenge update (which isn't much) so far... RIP OFF.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 12:23.

511 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo