Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 607 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
112. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 13:16 Undocumented Alien

As for users without connections, they're not really legitimate consumers of this particular application since it will say in its requirements that an online connection mandatory. You don't buy games for which you don't meet the requirements and then complain about it.

They were legit customers for Diablo and Diablo 2. It's disgraceful that Blizz will not let them participate with D3 in regards to the SP campaign. Still looking for a legitimate reason for this like others here.

What were these SP games that you could not play without an internet connection?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

104. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 11:51 Undocumented Alien

It is bad DRM if it is added to a sequel but not an issue if it is a new IP?

It's bad DRM, period. If Ubisoft was doing this 90%+ of the posters here would be crucifying them for it. But since it's Blizzard and Diablo 3 for some reason it's OK. Definitely takes ANY credibility away from anyone who complains about Ubisoft online DRM etc in the future.

If you read what people are saying, having MP be online only is NOT a problem, but SP?

If Blizz succeeds with this crap model we will see EVERY game needing an ALWAYS on connection for SP games. Not good IMHO.

101. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 11:26 Undocumented Alien

When Guild Wars was new, were people upset it required you to be online?

Guild Wars - First release, online connection needed from day 1.

Diablo - First and second release(s) needed ZERO internet connection for BOTH SP AND MP.

Different expectations for different games. Most of us Diablo fans just want a sequel to play like we had with Diablo and Diablo 2.

I personally travel A LOT for business so this always on IS a deal breaker for me.

Hopefully someday down the road they will allow the SP portion of D3 to have an OFFLINE mode. I personally don't care about trading items from a SP portion of a game, pretty stupid constraint.

If they want to control MP, I have NO issue with having to be online for THAT.

News Comments > Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III "Almost Done"
48. Re: Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III Jan 5, 2012, 20:58 Undocumented Alien

I think it's fairly obvious that Diablo isn't a single player game

That's weird, I pretty much remember there being a Single Player and Multiplayer menu selection IN THE GAME. So, it's more then "fairly obvious" that Diablo is a Single Player game as well as a multiplayer game.

News Comments > Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III "Almost Done"
47. Re: Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III Jan 5, 2012, 20:54 Undocumented Alien

No one needs - and most of us don't want - online connection/drm for single-player games.

That's the KEY word(s), SINGLE PLAYER. Having to have an ALWAYS on, online connection, to play a SINGLE PLAYER game is asinine.

No one that I can see is complaining about having to play online in regards to multi-player and Blizz wanting to control that more tightly for duping and the auction house stuff.

But dam... DETACH the single player part so we can play on the road, on a plane, etc.

Craziness.

News Comments > The Old Republic Stats
83. Re: The Old Republic Stats Dec 28, 2011, 11:17 Undocumented Alien

The quests and story were the actual driving elements that kept me playing, and not the levels/experience/etc. that WoW hooked on you

This is what I like about the game so far, I don't feel like I need to kill 40 rats to progress in the game, the leveling is almost unnoticeable.

I do agree that the game is virtually a single player game that "can be" an online cooperative game, just the same as Guild Wars is/was. I DO like that though, there are times that I only have an hour or so to nerd out so it works great for me and I can usually do a quest or two and feel like I accomplished something. With games like EQ (1) one hour did almost nothing.

I did my first Flash Point with two other players on Saturday night and had a BLAST. So the game is definitely more fun when you do some coop.

I plan on doing at least 3 stories - Good, Bad, Neutral.

When GW2 comes out I will jump on that as I totally enjoyed GW (1) and I want to support online cooperatives that DO NOT charge a monthly sub.

I think that SWTOR is a very good game, but no, I don't think it should have a monthly fee, or maybe $4.99 a month, but $13 is to much when Guild Wars was $0 a month and virtually the same game.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches
81. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches Dec 21, 2011, 08:57 Undocumented Alien

Massively Multiplayer: where are the huge Massive Battles, the large Raids, the Griefing, Guild Warfare, Raiding???

It would be great to see another UO type MMO. I've played many MMO's and my best memories come from UO with EQ (1st FPS MMO) a close second. Since then these "MMO's" have become very sliced up and less and less massive. In UO the cities were alive, seamless, and 100's of people around fighting, crafting, stealing, just seemed more like a "virtual" real world.

I very much like SW:TOR, but feel as though it is a borderline SP game. Seeing 20 other people in an instance certainly does not feel very massive.

43. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches Dec 20, 2011, 16:29 Undocumented Alien

You fought in the Queue Wars?

Obi Wan Que-nobi at your service.

1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches Dec 20, 2011, 10:22 Undocumented Alien

Star Wars: Attack of the Queues

News Comments > On SWTOR Queues
67. Re: On SWTOR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 20:26 Undocumented Alien

Aside from the technical bunk, HorrorScope is right, the GW model is/was much more user friendly for getting together with Guild mates and friends as you didn't have to worry about what physical server PLUS instance your bud's are on. SW:TOR is still a GREAT game, they just used the "standard" MMO architecture of separate, stand-alone servers instead of one giant (via distributed) server.

GW 2 will be coming soon enough, and I'll play that bad boy too.

News Comments > On SWTOR Queues
52. Re: On SWTOR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 17:01 Undocumented Alien

Yeah, LOVING the game so far. Guild Wars in SSSSSPPPPPAAAACCCEEEE... (Star Wars that is).

They're going to need a plan to keep people hooked at max level if they want to compete against the WoW juggernaut that has 7 years worth of content

This game will keep me around exponentially longer because it doesn't take forever to level. I HATE grind games. I will now play all 3-4 stories across the 3 factions (Good, Neutral, Evil). And then I will play GW 2

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Closed Beta Friday
9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Closed Beta Friday Dec 14, 2011, 21:49 Undocumented Alien

Is there anywhere to sign up for GW2 Testing?  

News Comments > The Old Republic Preloads; Early Access Next Week
20. Re: The Old Republic Preloads; Early Access Next Week Dec 8, 2011, 08:45 Undocumented Alien

After playing the beta and reading the forum I've realized that this MMO is anything but even remotely like WoW. This is a "themepark" MMO: Your hand is held throughout the game, in this way it's absolutely useless to return to old areas and the exploration factor is hardly in there. It is true that WoW had this too, but it was heavily disguised due to the fact the game was OPEN WORLD

From my beta experience, TOR feels more like Guild Wars (PvE part) than a traditional MMO (UO/EQ/DAoC/WOW, etc). I would call it a cooperative KOTOR with a subscription. I'll be playing it, will probably do a light and a dark side story and then move on to Guild Wars 2. Then, when Bioware adds more content, go back to TOR for a bit.

News Comments > Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM
43. Re: Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM Aug 11, 2011, 13:58 Undocumented Alien

It's when you start saying other people are overreacting and your only basis for that is your own gameplay experiences that it becomes a problem.

Especially considering the games history where SP (offline) was a core component, JUST as important as the MP (LAN/Internet/B.NET). To just up and take that away from the player base is obnoxious.

Hell, even the greed machine known as Hell Gate: London had an offline SP mode.

34. Re: Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM Aug 11, 2011, 11:03 Undocumented Alien

I am not a fan of always on DRM. I am just trying to be reasonable with my complaints. To me, Diablo has been an online only game

But the FACT is, that is was not an online only game, it gave you the FLEXIBILITY to either play SP (NO internet connection) OR MP online (with LAN/Internet/B.NET), why can't THAT maintain with Diablo 3?

I haven't seen anyone state why the SP portion that people will play boring or not has to have a persistent connection. How does my SP toon affect your online toon? It doesn't, even if I hack the crap out of it, it DOESN'T affect your online experience.

I have ZERO issues with those that want to use B.NET as an online gaming hub where you are mostly assured that other players toons will not be hacked and get a good MP experience. If I buy D3, I *might* do that to, but I would like to play D3 SP OFFLINE.

If they go the SCII route (or even Steam) and provide an offline mode then all is well, right now I don't even see that option.

22. Re: Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM Aug 11, 2011, 09:20 Undocumented Alien

Another game company that has lost it's way and forgotten what it was that got them where they are.

Diablo 1&2 were NOT MMO's, in any way. This word "MMO" is thrown around WAY to much these days.

Diablo 1&2 were incredible SP experiences with a fun LAN/Internet party MP option.

This is what made the game great for the majority of players.

It is sad that they will FORCE people to have an internet connection to play the SP portion of the GAME. It would be great to play the game on a business trip on a plane for an hour or so to pass the time, but not now, because Blizz doesn't trust me to have a "valid" SP toon? Dumb.

I CAN understand that IF you want to have a legit ONLINE toon that you use B.Net and have your toon stored and maintained there. But what if you are at a LAN party (and don't have a internet connection) and don't care to have a valid toon, maybe you just want to have fun with a GAME that you bought? Dumb.

With T2 an Skyrim, etc coming out, D3 no longer has any kind of strong pull for me without an offline SP mode. Doesn't really make any sense, to me it is what Diablo is...

News Comments > Hellgate Beta Opens
9. Re: Hellgate Beta Opens Jun 30, 2011, 13:05 Undocumented Alien

Hellgate done correctly could be a good game.

Certainly could have been, I'm not sure why they (Failship Studios and now this Dev) keep trying to shoe-horn this into an MMO.

HG:L should be a simple SP/COOP game and you pay for expansion(s) just like Diablo 2 and the other ARPG's have done. If they would have not worried about putting in an MMO $$$ layer and concentrated on game play this could have been a Diablo killer. This "MMO" offers nothing more then what you can get with Diablo 2 and Battle.net.

From what I have read, this "new" HG:L isn't really much different from what Failship produced, so not much interest from me.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Trailer
7. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 16:25 Undocumented Alien

I've been messing around with the demo on my PS3, it's a goofy game but mindless fun, I'll probably buy it since they had they presence of mind to make it have COOP which I don't see enough of anymore and it's always fun to just crush stuff with 3 other friends. It's Duke Nukem'ish.  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Patched
20. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Dec 14, 2010, 10:32 Undocumented Alien

I just purchased the FO3 Game of the Year Edition for $29.99 with all the DLC, so far I LOVE the game. I will probably do the same for FO3-NV when it reaches the same.  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears
30. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 7, 2010, 10:36 Undocumented Alien

I need a strong story to believe the illusion I'm not wasting my life xD

Ditto.

607 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo