Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 519 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer
15. Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Feb 12, 2010, 10:41 Undocumented Alien

Strangely enough I think UO (the first couple/few years) is/was the best MMO ever made. It felt the most "real" to me as far as a virtual world. When you walked through towns (especially Britain equiv) their were PLAYER vendors that would fix your armor, weapons, make potions, tailor clothing, etc. Yes, you could get ganked outside of town, but you could also fight back if you wanted. But with that, going on an adventure always felt exhilarating as you couldn't just stand on the side of a mountain and safely "pull" MoB's to your camp. As well, the economy was good and people could make a fun virtual business. I had my favorite potion vendor right on the edge of town and he was always stocked, that person must have made some good coin. I also never felt that "grind" I did with EQ/DAoC etc, UO felt more fluid as you could shape your avatar based on what you did in the game naturally.

I'd like to see another UO'ish type game come out, let the players shape the world, very sandbox like, NO levels.

When I first heard of STO, I thought it would be great to have it modeled like DAoC, or RvR, with entirely open PvP (RvR style) in space and ground. Allow players to expand their empires and fight for planets, thats always been a nice contentious part of ST.

When this game gets a few patches and a 10/12/15 day trial I may check it out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Star Trek Online's Klingons
8. Re: On Star Trek Online's Klingons Dec 18, 2009, 12:03 Undocumented Alien

Cryptic, their ass cheeks wide open

Hehehehe.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Trailer, Voice Cast Announced
10. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer, Voice Cast Announced Dec 10, 2009, 16:38 Undocumented Alien

I don't know much about this franchise, is it like DA:O in space? A good thing IMHO as I can't stop playing DA:O, and I like Sci Fi. Any input would be muchly appreciated.  

News Comments > Hellgate: Tokyo
10. Re: Hellgate: Tokyo Dec 4, 2009, 09:29 Undocumented Alien

With a little more polish and with some smarter business decisions (and less greed) this would have been one hell of a Multiplayer Hack&Slash game as well as a great success.

I had fun with my first play though as a Marksman, was an interesting experience to play an FPS in a Diablo type ARPG environment.

It was sad that Roper thought he could fool the masses into thinking that people should pay a monthly subscription to play Diablo when you had "free" matching services like B.Net and Guild Wars that were already superior services. Roper REALLY thought that HG:L was an MMO, if it was, then it was the worst MMO ever. On top of charging a monthly subscription for a Diablo game, they also had to force Adverts on the players, it was just an UNBELIEVABLE amount of greed.

If I were in charge... I would have gone the traditional ARGP route; SP, MP LAN COOP, and then an online matching service (if they were actually needed I would use ads there and NOT IN THE GAME, much like B.NET to cover costs). With greed coding out of the way I would have made the world environments more dynamic, meaning, Stonehenge and Abyss would have been part of the initial release and integrated into the story (Act 1 as is, Act 2 as is, Act 3 Stonehenge, Act IV as is, Act V Abyss and final boss). From there I would have released DLC Acts and an expansion for another city (i.e. Toyko).

But, when you have your eyes on expensive Sushi you go for the complete greed package (and fail).

Flagship got what it deserved.

News Comments > Direct2Drive Top 10 [Updated]
3. Re: Impulse Top 10 Dec 2, 2009, 15:44 Undocumented Alien

I got Dragon Age off of STEAM last weekend for 25% off, what a great game, can't stop playing it.  

News Comments > Blizzard on Release Dates
48. Re: Blizzard on Release Dates Nov 30, 2009, 16:11 Undocumented Alien

I typically oversee design and installation of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's) (including the software programming) and DCS process control systems and their accompanying equipment like pumps, motors, valves etc., though I have managed maintenance and repair projects as well.

Wow, we may know each other, this is the field I am in (PLC, HMI, DCS) and it's a small community.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Nov 30, 2009, 09:48 Undocumented Alien

Yeah I finally took the plunge when Steam had the sale for $37.

Ditto, couldn't pass that up, game is awesome, glad I jumped on the deal.

News Comments > Diablo 3 Skill Trees Cut Down?
34. Re: Diablo III Skill Trees Cut Down? Nov 24, 2009, 15:42 Undocumented Alien

It sucks having to put points into shitty skills just so you can get good skills later.

This.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Sales
27. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Sales Nov 18, 2009, 14:00 Undocumented Alien

So far SP has been very entertaining, MP is always fun (except for spawn campers), and the COOP missions ARE A BLAST. I think there are around 23 coop missions, for me that's worth the price itself. Played 3 of those with my buddy last night, phucking great time.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Left 4 Dead 2
8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Left 4 Dead 2 Nov 17, 2009, 10:43 Undocumented Alien

The first play through with L4D was fun but I found the reply value to be very low personally and with Torchlight, MW2, and Borderlands taking up my time this really doesn't interest much.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Sells 4.7M in 24 Hours
16. Re: MW2 Sells 4.7M in 24 Hours Nov 12, 2009, 11:22 Undocumented Alien

Game is awesome. I for one really like the cinematic sequences, its like taking part in a season of 24.

I did buy it on the PS3 and have to admit that the SP campaign missions are pretty intense. Tried MP and it's much like CoD4, which I did like, but basically feels like a map pack with some new weapons.

News Comments > Torchlight Patch
16. Re: Game Reviews Nov 6, 2009, 13:56 Undocumented Alien

You can now change difficulty level on the fly from the console without being branded a Cheater

Wow, THAT is sweeeeet. Was just going to go to the Runic Forums and ask if I could go from Normal to Hard with my current Destroyer, Normal is just TOO easy. This is fantastic news.

News Comments > MW2 Multiplayer: Listen Servers with 18 Player Limit
11. Re: MW2 MP: 18 Player Limit Nov 4, 2009, 16:36 Undocumented Alien

What is the Player Limit for COD4 and WAW?  

News Comments > Torchlight and Torchlight Demo Released
105. Re: Torchlight & Demo Oct 29, 2009, 16:29 Undocumented Alien

Just played the demo, very addictive game, I'll be giving them $20, WELL worth the price.

I will admit I was a bit skeptical as some of these guys were part of Hellgate:London stake holders team (decision makers) but they seem to be NOT making the same mistakes (money whoring with adverts and subscription for arpg) with this game... so far.

News Comments > Free Champions Online Retcon for Early Start Characters
15. Re: Free Champions Online Retcon for Ear Sep 4, 2009, 09:22 Undocumented Alien

I read posts from several on those forums who said they ponied up the cash for a lifetime subscription, and now they feel burned. Of course they do, the product they have just paid for has dramatically changed.

THIS is why questioned the practice of only offering the Lifetime Subscription BEFORE the game even came out. Why not give players 30 days to decide? Of course the repeated fanbois answer was, "Whats the big deal, you could beta test it to see if you like it". Which equated to /facepalm. That's why Dev's always warn that beta does not necessarily reflect what will be released. Wonder why....

Oh well, maybe the mouse getting shocked by the cheese will set in someday.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Interview
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Interview Sep 3, 2009, 13:26 Undocumented Alien

I've got a feeling that GW2 is going to make all pay2play mmos look really bad

I hope so!

News Comments > Champions Online Changes
8. Re: Champions Online Changes Sep 2, 2009, 16:26 Undocumented Alien

Yes, Cocktapus is a beautiful Superhero name. Cracked me up too.  

News Comments > Massive Ad Deal
39. Re: EA's Massive Ad Deal Aug 31, 2009, 09:06 Undocumented Alien

The problem I see with Ads penetrating games is that it WILL get more and more intrusive over time. It may not be bad now, but as people grab their ankles and start to accept Ads as a "norm" in games the marketing agencies will slowly but surely keep adding and adding more and more Ads to the games.

For complete evidence of this, see USA sports such as the NFL, MLB, and now NHL. Being in my late 30's, I can remember Fenway Park having ZERO Ads on the walls, now the walls are nothing but one big billboard. Starting lineups are brought to you buy corporation X, Halftime reports are brought to you buy corporation Y, there are in-game pop up advertisements, the announcers have in-line Ads mentioned in the middle of their commentations. This is in ADDITION to regular commercial breaks.

So I see a lot of people saying they don't mind the level of Ads in games NOW, but, this is just the beginning, it WILL get worse and worse over time. Be careful what you wish for. When I was playing HG:L, I did add the Ad blocking to my host file and will do so in the future as much as I can.

News Comments > Champions Online Discount Subs Return
33. Re: CO Discount Subs Return Aug 28, 2009, 09:23 Undocumented Alien

Meh. I'll take my $40 and buy Guild Wars 2. No extra fees, no bullshit, no nadagameplay. Fixed.

Wow, you've played GW2?

News Comments > Champions Online Discount Subs Return
14. Re: CO Discount Subs Return Aug 27, 2009, 15:01 Undocumented Alien

And for anyone who played Hellgate London knew it wasn't worth a monthly subscription let alone a lifetime subscription.

And unless you have at least played/tested the beta you WOULDN'T know if this is worth a monthly subscription let alone a lifetime subscription. THIS is why people are saying this offer should be present AFTER the game goes live (2 weeks to a month), so people can tell whether or not it's worth it. If it's such a great product then why not?

Bill Roper or no Bill Roper, they are asking customers to INVEST in the game blindly. Actually,I think Roper dope even allowed people to buy the lifetime sub a while after it went live, which ironically is better then CO. Yikes...

519 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo