Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 535 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > The Old Republic Preloads; Early Access Next Week
20. Re: The Old Republic Preloads; Early Access Next Week Dec 8, 2011, 08:45 Undocumented Alien

After playing the beta and reading the forum I've realized that this MMO is anything but even remotely like WoW. This is a "themepark" MMO: Your hand is held throughout the game, in this way it's absolutely useless to return to old areas and the exploration factor is hardly in there. It is true that WoW had this too, but it was heavily disguised due to the fact the game was OPEN WORLD

From my beta experience, TOR feels more like Guild Wars (PvE part) than a traditional MMO (UO/EQ/DAoC/WOW, etc). I would call it a cooperative KOTOR with a subscription. I'll be playing it, will probably do a light and a dark side story and then move on to Guild Wars 2. Then, when Bioware adds more content, go back to TOR for a bit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM
43. Re: Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM Aug 11, 2011, 13:58 Undocumented Alien

It's when you start saying other people are overreacting and your only basis for that is your own gameplay experiences that it becomes a problem.

Especially considering the games history where SP (offline) was a core component, JUST as important as the MP (LAN/Internet/B.NET). To just up and take that away from the player base is obnoxious.

Hell, even the greed machine known as Hell Gate: London had an offline SP mode.

34. Re: Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM Aug 11, 2011, 11:03 Undocumented Alien

I am not a fan of always on DRM. I am just trying to be reasonable with my complaints. To me, Diablo has been an online only game

But the FACT is, that is was not an online only game, it gave you the FLEXIBILITY to either play SP (NO internet connection) OR MP online (with LAN/Internet/B.NET), why can't THAT maintain with Diablo 3?

I haven't seen anyone state why the SP portion that people will play boring or not has to have a persistent connection. How does my SP toon affect your online toon? It doesn't, even if I hack the crap out of it, it DOESN'T affect your online experience.

I have ZERO issues with those that want to use B.NET as an online gaming hub where you are mostly assured that other players toons will not be hacked and get a good MP experience. If I buy D3, I *might* do that to, but I would like to play D3 SP OFFLINE.

If they go the SCII route (or even Steam) and provide an offline mode then all is well, right now I don't even see that option.

22. Re: Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM Aug 11, 2011, 09:20 Undocumented Alien

Another game company that has lost it's way and forgotten what it was that got them where they are.

Diablo 1&2 were NOT MMO's, in any way. This word "MMO" is thrown around WAY to much these days.

Diablo 1&2 were incredible SP experiences with a fun LAN/Internet party MP option.

This is what made the game great for the majority of players.

It is sad that they will FORCE people to have an internet connection to play the SP portion of the GAME. It would be great to play the game on a business trip on a plane for an hour or so to pass the time, but not now, because Blizz doesn't trust me to have a "valid" SP toon? Dumb.

I CAN understand that IF you want to have a legit ONLINE toon that you use B.Net and have your toon stored and maintained there. But what if you are at a LAN party (and don't have a internet connection) and don't care to have a valid toon, maybe you just want to have fun with a GAME that you bought? Dumb.

With T2 an Skyrim, etc coming out, D3 no longer has any kind of strong pull for me without an offline SP mode. Doesn't really make any sense, to me it is what Diablo is...

News Comments > Hellgate Beta Opens
9. Re: Hellgate Beta Opens Jun 30, 2011, 13:05 Undocumented Alien

Hellgate done correctly could be a good game.

Certainly could have been, I'm not sure why they (Failship Studios and now this Dev) keep trying to shoe-horn this into an MMO.

HG:L should be a simple SP/COOP game and you pay for expansion(s) just like Diablo 2 and the other ARPG's have done. If they would have not worried about putting in an MMO $$$ layer and concentrated on game play this could have been a Diablo killer. This "MMO" offers nothing more then what you can get with Diablo 2 and Battle.net.

From what I have read, this "new" HG:L isn't really much different from what Failship produced, so not much interest from me.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Trailer
7. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 16:25 Undocumented Alien

I've been messing around with the demo on my PS3, it's a goofy game but mindless fun, I'll probably buy it since they had they presence of mind to make it have COOP which I don't see enough of anymore and it's always fun to just crush stuff with 3 other friends. It's Duke Nukem'ish.  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Patched
20. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Dec 14, 2010, 10:32 Undocumented Alien

I just purchased the FO3 Game of the Year Edition for $29.99 with all the DLC, so far I LOVE the game. I will probably do the same for FO3-NV when it reaches the same.  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears
30. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 7, 2010, 10:36 Undocumented Alien

I need a strong story to believe the illusion I'm not wasting my life xD

Ditto.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Goes Free
2. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online Goes Free Sep 10, 2010, 20:36 Undocumented Alien

I'm downloading right now, can't argue with free.  

News Comments > Torchlight MMORPG & Microtransactions
17. Re: Torchlight MMORPG & Microtransactions Jun 30, 2010, 08:38 Undocumented Alien

Torchlight 2 + 4 player MP COOP + Full Price MSRP = Success.

I'm not so sure I would really care about a SP centric MMO myself, as well I'm sure that the micro-transaction model will hold high interest areas/modules hostage behind $$$.

I certainly do understand that this is just a continuation of Mythos from the Flagshipped days, and that's really to bad. This game has MP COOP written all over it and I'm sure they would sell more copies of it in that format (non-MMO).

Their game, they can do what ever they want with it...

News Comments > It Came from E3 2010, Part 5
20. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 5 Jun 16, 2010, 16:21 Undocumented Alien

Verno wrote on Jun 16, 2010, 14:52:
Additionally I think putting cross game chat behind a paywall is a mistake personally as voice chat is one of the things that holds my friends back from doing more gaming on the PS3 in general. I think a feature like that pays for itself by promoting more social gaming which in turn promotes more game and console ownership.

Verno, I took at a look at the link you provided but didn't see anything in regards to cross game chat being a PSN+ only feature, are you sure about this? I'm hoping not as I have been really wanting THAT feature but I don't think I'm going to pay $50 a year for it, I could care less about early demos, etc. Let me know, I hope it's not true

News Comments > AoC Rise of the Godslayer Soundtrack
2. Re: AoC Rise of the Godslayer Soundtrack Jun 11, 2010, 13:30 Undocumented Alien

Yeah, the soundtrack is definitely "Conan". I had played AoC when it first came out and thought the atmosphere (scenery + music) was great. I didn't play AoC very long as I think I'm just totally burnt out on the MMO scene.  

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Going Free
18. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online Going Free Jun 4, 2010, 14:02 Undocumented Alien

The game would have done 'much' better if it had sandbox MMOG mechanics, skills, no levels, etc.

Makes me miss UO (the early years), the only MMO where you never really had to leave a city (or to far out anyways) to do something in the game. I remember walking through the cities with people RP'ing blacksmiths etc that would fix my gear, give me a rune to their shop (house) so I could buy their wares. Was pretty cool. Haven't seen anything so open since.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Going Free
16. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online Going Free Jun 4, 2010, 13:56 Undocumented Alien

I bet all of the people who have just bought the lifetime sub for 75 in the latest offer are very happy indeed !!!

So as long as their lifetime sub is translated to VIP status (and they still don't pay a monthly subscription for the life of the game), then getting fresh blood into the game to prolong it's life should make them EXTREMELY happy.

News Comments > Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend
25. Re: Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend Apr 7, 2010, 15:20 Undocumented Alien

The lag allows people to exploit Marathon/Commando/Lightweight and run around and knife everyone without you being able to do much about it.

Yep, this is a pretty bad problem with MW2 right now. Got me and my gaming group to move from MW2 to BFBC2. We are having much more fun now.

News Comments > Derek Smart & Quest Online
16. Re: Derek Smart & Quest Online Mar 11, 2010, 13:15 Undocumented Alien

Man, this David Allen guy just can't catch a break. Forced out of the Horizon's MMO project and now out of this MMO. Is it him or...  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer
15. Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Feb 12, 2010, 10:41 Undocumented Alien

Strangely enough I think UO (the first couple/few years) is/was the best MMO ever made. It felt the most "real" to me as far as a virtual world. When you walked through towns (especially Britain equiv) their were PLAYER vendors that would fix your armor, weapons, make potions, tailor clothing, etc. Yes, you could get ganked outside of town, but you could also fight back if you wanted. But with that, going on an adventure always felt exhilarating as you couldn't just stand on the side of a mountain and safely "pull" MoB's to your camp. As well, the economy was good and people could make a fun virtual business. I had my favorite potion vendor right on the edge of town and he was always stocked, that person must have made some good coin. I also never felt that "grind" I did with EQ/DAoC etc, UO felt more fluid as you could shape your avatar based on what you did in the game naturally.

I'd like to see another UO'ish type game come out, let the players shape the world, very sandbox like, NO levels.

When I first heard of STO, I thought it would be great to have it modeled like DAoC, or RvR, with entirely open PvP (RvR style) in space and ground. Allow players to expand their empires and fight for planets, thats always been a nice contentious part of ST.

When this game gets a few patches and a 10/12/15 day trial I may check it out.

News Comments > On Star Trek Online's Klingons
8. Re: On Star Trek Online's Klingons Dec 18, 2009, 12:03 Undocumented Alien

Cryptic, their ass cheeks wide open

Hehehehe.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Trailer, Voice Cast Announced
10. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer, Voice Cast Announced Dec 10, 2009, 16:38 Undocumented Alien

I don't know much about this franchise, is it like DA:O in space? A good thing IMHO as I can't stop playing DA:O, and I like Sci Fi. Any input would be muchly appreciated.  

News Comments > Hellgate: Tokyo
10. Re: Hellgate: Tokyo Dec 4, 2009, 09:29 Undocumented Alien

With a little more polish and with some smarter business decisions (and less greed) this would have been one hell of a Multiplayer Hack&Slash game as well as a great success.

I had fun with my first play though as a Marksman, was an interesting experience to play an FPS in a Diablo type ARPG environment.

It was sad that Roper thought he could fool the masses into thinking that people should pay a monthly subscription to play Diablo when you had "free" matching services like B.Net and Guild Wars that were already superior services. Roper REALLY thought that HG:L was an MMO, if it was, then it was the worst MMO ever. On top of charging a monthly subscription for a Diablo game, they also had to force Adverts on the players, it was just an UNBELIEVABLE amount of greed.

If I were in charge... I would have gone the traditional ARGP route; SP, MP LAN COOP, and then an online matching service (if they were actually needed I would use ads there and NOT IN THE GAME, much like B.NET to cover costs). With greed coding out of the way I would have made the world environments more dynamic, meaning, Stonehenge and Abyss would have been part of the initial release and integrated into the story (Act 1 as is, Act 2 as is, Act 3 Stonehenge, Act IV as is, Act V Abyss and final boss). From there I would have released DLC Acts and an expansion for another city (i.e. Toyko).

But, when you have your eyes on expensive Sushi you go for the complete greed package (and fail).

Flagship got what it deserved.

535 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo