Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 517 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th
89. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 16:11 Undocumented Alien

Well to be fair to him there's some truth to that (anti-cheat in particular) but there's also many ways it doesn't make sense.

If this was a brand new franchise I would agree 100%, however, this is a franchise that has made millions because of SP as well MP modes. As a poster stated below, back in the mid 90's, the internet wasn't as available so most people played D1 Offline. Those sales based on D1 "Offline" helped get us D2, then the internet became more prevalent and I'm sure millions still played D2 offline and helped generate $$$ for D3, and now they tell those customers, "Thanks, but fuck off", much like Krowen does. We "possibly" wouldn't even have D2 or D3 without millions of customers buying D1 (most likely playing OFFLINE).

As far as D3 MP, I have ZERO issue with it being online only, I can appreciate Bliz "trying" to keep it clean.

But... as the song goes, "It's all about the money, money, money".

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

84. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 15:53 Undocumented Alien

Sure but there's nothing wrong with that, they facilitate most aspects of it after all. I do sympathize with it affecting people who don't care about that stuff, don't get me wrong.

Sure, but Krowen wants you to believe that Blizz is making D3 an online only game because the game itself should only be MP (which is a pile of crap).

I'm just saying, let's move past the /facepalm stuff and get right to it, it's about making MORE $$$, not because SP is no longer "the thing", it's more about you having to be online so you have to use their service and possibly buy some dudes Cod Piece +10.

82. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 15:46 Undocumented Alien

It has an arbitrary online requirement (for whatever reason none of us will agree on) but it's not really designed like most MMOs in how players interact with it

Won't they be making some % of $$$ based on sales of items etc online?

79. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 15:42 Undocumented Alien

General gameplay has not changed in D3 from the previous games.

Can't play it without an internet connection, game play change. Period.

Oh yeah, forgot the cool "/facepalm" thing...

75. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 15:32 Undocumented Alien

It's not a substantial change.

Right, taking away an entire mode is not a substantial change... Dammit Gump, your a genius!

Thanks for making my point that peoples issue with this is almost entirely due to their own mindset of how things should be and their resistance to change

Yeah... their own mindset... right...

How would changing the name to "World of Diablo" would change sweet fuck all other than your narrow minded perception? Name change and suddenly all the features make sense to you? /facepalm

Hmmm.. lets see Gump, worked pretty well for WarCraft... went from a SP/MP to an online only model... and they changed it to... wait for it.... here it comes... WORLD OF WARCRAFT. /facepalm? Yeah... have some.

67. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 15:06 Undocumented Alien

Diablo 3 is primarily a coop/multiplayer game that is far better served by having a closed system to maintain more control to prevent cheating and duping... ;but it's mostly a mindset issue because Diablo 1/2 (the last being released 10 years ago) had a separate single player mode for a time when online play was not the focus.

Then it should have a different title than Diablo 3, as it is a substantial change from Diablo 1&2 based on your statement above. I played Diablo 1/2 about 50/50, so I disagree with your assessment that Diablo 1/2 were SP focused games.

Should have been called "World Of Diablo" or something to set correct expectations.

For some with unreliable internet, oh well

What a guy.

53. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 13:19 Undocumented Alien

Also the 50 million people who will end up buying this whether I do or not will lead to Blizzard not missing that many sales at all. Sigh

Your 100% correct, people are only "OK" with this because it is a Diablo game, this has been proven by Assassins Creed which got HAMMERED for having an always on, persistent connection to play SP.

Believe me, I'm feeling the peer-pressure myself from my friends.

There definitely holding the Diablo brand over our head and will get away with it. We'll see how the next game goes that tries to imitate this.

50. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 12:54 Undocumented Alien

If this were any game but D3(and it IS good, unfortunately, from beta experience) I would bypass it because of the DRM

I total understand that for sure. Being a HUGE D1 & D2 fan, this is very difficult as I don't want to support this behavior by a game company (and most didn't let Assassins Creed get away with it).

Rewarding bad behavior is always a struggle, especially when your a parent and you know you shouldn't, but sometimes it's just easier.

47. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 12:47 Undocumented Alien

My internet has been down for a total of about an hour in the last 5 years. This is a just a whiney bitch point that isn't a realistic concern.

Some people don't sit in Mom's house in the basement all day so they can play games. Some people travel, whether military, jobs, etc, it's crap that you can't play offline SP.

46. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 12:45 Undocumented Alien

Well, like a true old man, I pay cash at any brick and mortar store.

Since this game requires a persistent online connection to play, you are basically RENTING the game so digital download is the way to go for D3.

Even if Blizzard and B.NET went belly up I can still play D1 and D2, won't be so with D3. No need to own a physical copy of it.

11. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 10:40 Undocumented Alien

Isn't it beautiful when 66% of a games press release is about RMT and DRM bullshit instead of the actual game?

Well, since they ripped offline SP away, they need to make it look shiny and awesome to HAVE TO play online with B.NET.

The game "should be" called "World of Diablo", it's technically a different game if you are removing a whole mode.

News Comments > Blizzard Promises Diablo III Players Death
25. Re: Blizzard Promises Diablo III Players Death Feb 10, 2012, 14:51 Undocumented Alien

As I am a SP gamer Diablo 3 is entirely off my list, heck boycotting this game would be a joke, I never intend to buy it.

Amen, I don't support SP (that's SINGLE PLAYER) that require online connections (i.e. Assassins Creed, D3, etc) or games with Adverts. Just out of principal, I don't want that drivel in a HOBBY.

News Comments > RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans
9. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 17:05 Undocumented Alien

You need to give SWTOR a little more time, it's been out for only ~ 30 days... lol. Within that 30 days they just added another Flashpoint already (plus more). They will expand the space battles. In one year SWTOR may exceed RIFT's content at the equivalent maturity of the product.

Were comparing an 8 y/o product verse a 1 y/o product verse a 1 m/o product. Apples v Oranges v Bananas

I'm loving my Sith Inquistor class story right now, SO VERY different from my Smugglers tale. Also enjoying the free WoW access too, BOTH great games. I'll probably also try RIFT since it also has the free to 20 game play.

News Comments > RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans
3. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 11:57 Undocumented Alien

WoW did this play up to level 20 for free (for an unlimited time) and it got me to check it out (of which I was very impressed with the game).

Maybe once I am done with SWTOR or WoW I will give this a try.

It's a VERY good idea.

News Comments > The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed
31. Re: The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed Jan 17, 2012, 20:12 Undocumented Alien

Powerleveling is also optional.

Right on!

Level 19 Gunslinger, /played 1 Day, 4 Hours, 8 Minutes... enjoying the ride.

23. Re: The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed Jan 17, 2012, 17:01 Undocumented Alien

I get DC'd a lot... And it's infuriating..

To be honest, I haven't DC'd once with SWTOR, and I have a level 19 Gunslinger. Maybe it's your ISP? I use Version FIOS, usually a very good connection.

19. Re: The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed Jan 17, 2012, 15:55 Undocumented Alien

Need to go back to the EQ days. You'd be level 15 by now. Maybe

No thanks! I quit EQ because I never felt ANY sense of progression once I hit level 20.

I'd rather see an MMO use UO's Skill progression so you didn't worry about leveling, you just adventured and as you used something you would gain skill in it. Sure, there were things you couldn't hit if you had low skill in it, but that is actually realistic.

Ok, to those playing, give an honest review. Is the game the WoW beater it was claimed? Will you renew the sub?

I don't think it is a WoW beater, it's an MMO set in a Star Wars universe. I'm also hard pressed to call it an MMO in the traditional sense (like UO, EQ). It's closer to GW (1) where everything is an instance (even towns/space centers). Because it's so equivalent to GW in look and feel I do feel a bit jipped to have to pay a sub to play it. But, I'm a SW sucker and I'll probably play one Republic and one Empire storyline and move on (hopefully to GW 2). It is nice to be able to play solo a lot as I usually only have a little time to put into the game. But when I do have time, playing coop with some other peeps is actually very fun.

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
213. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 10, 2012, 17:00 Undocumented Alien

Damn; if I'd known the aim of the game was to quote-mine and declare victory, I'd have beaten you to it

You lost when you typed your first letter a long while back, because even with your last novel of a post, you still don't show ANY real reason my D3 should not support offline SP mode.

When you can think of a good reason, let us know.

206. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 10, 2012, 13:15 Undocumented Alien

Blizzard is doing this so that Blizzard can own you, and they think you'll buy into it because they know you love them and love Diablo.

This is probably the ONLY proper answer to the question. Just simply comes down to greed.

Pirates will just take this as a challenge, and you'll see cracked D3 flying around the web in no time.

I won't pirate D3, but if there existed a way to play offline via a legit Blizz patch down the road, or an "external" source, I'd probably end up buying D3 then.

203. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 10, 2012, 12:16 Undocumented Alien

And mouse/keyboard controls were until then an INHERENT part of FPS games

ON A PC. Has THAT been taken away? NO. Consoles have never used a mouse, never. You can certainly buy a 3rd party mouse for the PS3, it's available. You see, OPTIONS, OH MY!

So... we should keep doing things the way they've always been done because it was popular at the time - a time at which the 'new' way of doing things wouldn't have been remotely practical. I see.

Are you actually saying SP games are not popular NOW?

Number 1 on the Steam Top 10 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

happy with the archaic separation of online and offline progress

And I repeat, the Diablo fan base that has been playing Diablo for years and years and have used the SP offline OPTION, don't care about "online", what is it that your missing about this? As far as it being archaic, well, thanks for your "opinion".

I can't give you one

Of course you can't, because there IS NO REASON for it.

Thanks for playing though, good times.

517 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo