Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 518 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Open Beta Weekend
218. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 25, 2012, 10:51 Undocumented Alien

The online requirement doesn't affect the nature of gameplay. The singleplayer component is no different in D3 than it is in D2.

Sure it does, if my ISP or the Blizz servers go down, or Blizz Servers have performance issues, I can't play or my playing experience sucks. That's a HUGE difference.

D1 and D2 BOTH had dedicated OFFLINE Single Player modes (as well LAN and B.NET). The ONLY reason why D3 is online only is because of this stupid AH that Blizz will make money on.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Guild Wars 2 Worlds
5. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 10:46 Undocumented Alien

This game gets dumber every day

An MMO, that doesn't even charge a monthly subscription, offers ways of transferring your character to another place, and it's dumb? Jeez, one of the major complaints of most MMO players is that they can't transfer a character and GW2 will have it at/near launch, sounds "smart" to me.

206. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 23, 2012, 20:19 Undocumented Alien

With GW2, you get what, 1 beta weekend a month from now until release, which could be the end of the year for all we know. Not a good plan.

Ahhh... well... there are other games that I plan to play as well. Like the awesome OFFLINE SP game Skyrim, which I have many more hours to go. Fills the D3 OFFLINE experience for the time being. I can also play Torchlight OFFLINE to fill a Diablo style itch (I still haven't finished that yet).

I'm sure that the GW2 beta periods will come and go, and when they are around we will play the game, report bugs, and have fun. But, as far as online coop, GW2 is the next game we will be jamming in.

I won't go as far as saying I'll never buy D3, but, definitively not anytime soon. A bunch of people I game with feel the same way after the stress test weekend.

200. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 23, 2012, 17:06 Undocumented Alien

I'd be willing to bet they have server que's day one for people just wanting to play single player.

Playing a single player mode in an online only format is just an illusion of playing a single player mode.

I remember D2 starting off a little rough, but once you got the game activated you could go OFFLINE and not worry about the internets.

This game will definitely have queues the first week or so. Every new MMO (which D3 is technically architected as) has queues for a while. I won't be waiting for any queue to play a SP mode of a game.

189. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 23, 2012, 10:31 Undocumented Alien

For D3, nope! I will wait!

Yep, totally agree. My buds and I will be purchasing GW2 today and play the Beta this weekend and start heading down that path. By the time we are done with that, Torchlight 2 should be ready.

None of us are really very impressed by D3.

182. Re: Runes Apr 23, 2012, 08:37 Undocumented Alien

What seems weird to me is that as a wizard, I was using axes, swords, bows, shields, etc. Seemed like I could use pretty much any weapon I picked up. That was just odd.

Yeah, same for the Monk. "Generally" a Monk would use Hand2Hand (or a hand weapon) or a Bow Staff and that's about it as well light armor. With D3 I just gave my Monk "whatever". It makes having different classes seem... useless?

As "Krowen" said, "Skill trees are an illusion of choice, always have been.", then maybe classes and spells/skills are just illusions of differentiation.

140. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 21, 2012, 15:47 Undocumented Alien

Sorry Ma'am, but that is one UGLY baby.

Besides the horrible graphics and horrible online only DRM...

I can't scroll in to look at my character in a 3D game? Jeez, even Torchlight had this with 1/200th of the budget.

My character felt separated from the background, like it was done by two different artists, just felt "detached". Felt wierd and looked wierd.

I appreciate Blizz having an Open Beta Weekend to conduct a stress test. They have a LOT of work to do. Logging in felt very MMO'ish to me, I believe this game will have a lot of queues the first month or so, going to irritate a lot of people, especially those who just want to dungeon crawl by themselves. I remember D2 having a tough start, but at least with D2 you had a large segment playing offline to lighten the load, now it's all B.NET, won't be pretty for a while. Enjoy that AH...

On the 'positive side' - It brought back some fond memories of playing a Diablo game, seems like it's been an enternity.

*If* I actually ever do buy this game, it won't be for a long while. Seeing the game in person makes it easier for me to skip it with games like T2/GW2 and others coming out. Still enjoying Skyrim until those come along. I think another poster mentioned GW2 beta next weekend.

Thanks for the memories Diablo, but you lost me at 3. Maybe someday you'll patch in a true offline SP, but based on what I heard (we "renters" just get a game client, not the engine), I'm not sure if it is even possible.

News Comments > Diablo III Class Video
1. Re: Diablo III Class Video Mar 28, 2012, 10:39 Undocumented Alien

Good thing D3 is online only, protects us from hacks... right? Opps...

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-iii-maphack-and-bot-released

News Comments > New SimCity Only Playable Online
6. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 10:33 Undocumented Alien

I thought that no one plays SP Offline games anymore because everyone has a connection to the internets...

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2012, 10:59.

News Comments > On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions
60. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 21, 2012, 22:51 Undocumented Alien

Which I could care less about, and would lead to even more hypocrisy from those that have a problem with D3 being online required vs GW2 being online required.

Wow, you simply just don't get it. No one has an issue with GW 1/2 being online because it ALWAYS required that, it has NO HISTORY OF HAVING AN OFFLINE MODE.

Again... Diablo 1 & 2 had a dedicated offline mode, it's part of the franchise, the HISTORY OF IT, it SHOULD be part of D3.

There is a CLEAR and DISTINCTIVE difference between GW and Diablo.

But, this all coming from a person who thinks that Diablo offline characters ruined B.NET Diablo play, so expectations are set pretty low.

On the topic of this thread, I'll also take a wait and see with GW2, sounds like the MT will be more intrusive then they were with GW1.

GW1 was very smooth with leveling and loot, it seemed that most items were easy to get with just typical play and no grinding. I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies that GW2 will follow suit. But again, we'll have to see.

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th
191. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 16, 2012, 10:49 Undocumented Alien

Do you own any games you buy though?

Sure, I can fire up D1 & D2 at any point and play the entire game(s).

The vast majority of the games I purchased I can play at any point as there is no dependance on an online service.

190. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 16, 2012, 10:40 Undocumented Alien

As expected you actually have nothing to contribute to the debate other than a personal attack.

And the Pot calls the Kettle Black. /facepalm as you would say.

I present facts, you present childish retorts.

You've presented ZERO facts about anything and then resort to childish swearing when you get flustered due to the fact that you present zero facts.

We get it, you are OK with a game being online only, go have fun with it. However, you are completing missing the boat that this franchise has always offered a completely disconnected offline SP experience, that's it's ROOTS, that what it is, that's how they $$$ to make D2, and with that D3. They are "/facepalming" the fans that got them where they are today. History makes you wrong, period. Move on.

161. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 21:13 Undocumented Alien

I guess I am dense. If offline and online were separate. And online was messed up. How does removing offline fix the problem?

Bravo!

157. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 21:01 Undocumented Alien

Factual - 'But you’d have to start a character from scratch, because there’d be no way for us to guarantee no cheats were involved, if we let you play on the client and then take that character online.'

Whats "amateurish" is paraphrasing to make your case. When you take the paragraph together, as a whole, it is in the context that "Pardo" believes that people want to take their preexisting SP Offline mode characters to B.NET. I am pretty sure the D2 UI told (warned) you it won't be possible to transfer your character from SP to B.NET. So you see, in it's point, this WAS NOT a problem in D2, so why would it be in D3?

I'm all for differing views, and discussion is healthy, but try to stay within the rules of what english consitutes, please : )

Practice what you preach. And if you are going to go out of your way to "try" to teach grammar and English on an internet game forum, then learn to spell ("constitutes").

Don't make me have to be cool and /facepalm you.

143. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 20:24 Undocumented Alien

Clearly, I have no clue what I'm talking about. Yet, here is a Blizzard employee stating all the same things myself and others here have stated regarding D3.

From your link -

"We thought about this quite a bit," said executive producer Rob Pardo earlier this week. "One of the things that we felt was really import was that if you did play offline, if we allowed for that experience, you’d start a character, you’d get him all the way to level 20 or level 30 or level 40 or what have you, and then at that point you might decide to want to venture onto Battle.net. But you’d have to start a character from scratch, because there’d be no way for us to guarantee no cheats were involved, if we let you play on the client and then take that character online."

This is about as lame a fucking reason as I ever heard (on top of your incorrect crap) and still DOES NOT indicate a valid reason for dropping a OFFLINE SP Mode that was a staple in D1 and D2. This given "reason" above is an opinion, not a fact. Any dumbass who created a true offline character KNEW they could not xfer it into B.NET. If I remember right, the UI even told you the SP character could not be used on B.NET so you knew right up front.

As usual, still no good examples.

I don't give a fuck if people are unable to play online only games.

And there's the rub, Diablo D1 and D2 are not online only games, D3 being a continuation of the story should maintain the franchise standard.

If you don't give a fuck, then why the fuck do you keep posting nonsense?

140. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 20:13 Undocumented Alien

You really have no clue how Diablo 2 worked, do you?

It's pretty clear to me that Kowen does not understand the concept of Diablo's OFFLINE SP Mode at all.

I like his use of /facepalms and swears though, makes it all that much funnier when he just keeps digging that ignorance hole.

119. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 17:51 Undocumented Alien

Will you shut up now? Especially since you are clearly incapable of using Google yourself.

From your link -

There are two separate game exploits for single and multiplayer game play.

I don't see where this shows a complete OFFLINE, Single Player character hurting B.NET.

So, no.

But please, I'd love to learn more.

111. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 17:21 Undocumented Alien

Offline and Online was separated in D2. This is what caused the problem, thus why it's online only now.

Do you have evidence to back this? A link, article?

I'd be interested to see why a complete OFFLINE mode character messed up B.Net.

108. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 17:16 Undocumented Alien

You said:

Diablo 3 is primarily a coop/multiplayer game that is far better served by having a closed system to maintain more control to prevent cheating and duping.

The Diablo franchise, as history easily shows, is NOT ONLY a primarily coop/MP game. D1 was barely, D2 was a bit more. We have D2 because of the success of D1 (which WAS primarily an SP game).

Having the offline component in D2 was the primary cause of the cheats/dupes leading to what I'm sure was an absolute logistical nightmare for the support of the game.

How so? How does an offline character, which NEVER even sees B.NET, mess up an online system? IT'S OFFLINE.

98. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 16:50 Undocumented Alien

That the single player game, which still exists, requires a connection? I'm not seeing the substantial, or entire parts of that change...

Cute wording...

Should read:

"That the Offline single player mode of the game, which does not exist any longer, because it now requires a connection. I'm totally seeing the substantial and entire mode that was removed..."

Really.

518 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo