Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 607 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend
14. Re: Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend & Sale Mar 21, 2013, 16:29 Undocumented Alien

SykesN. wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 16:14:
Just played a few games (1st time) and the other players where dare I say..nice?! Asking the new players if they had any questions and not hoping all over you cause you did something stupid. I'm impressed. I can't tell you the last time I played an online game that's been out for awhile and not been told all the awfully things they've done to my mother.

Same here, just played a couple maps. Peeps were friendly enough, but I don't let that kind of stuff bother me anyways.

Man, my twitch skills have gone to crap... been playing to many ARPG's and CIV type games lately. My Skulk skillz suck bad.. lol.

Have to get practicing...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend & Sale Mar 21, 2013, 11:15 Undocumented Alien

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 11:09:
This game owns. Everyone should buy it, or at least try it on sale. It's a very complicated game (much more complicated than Battlefield: IN SPACE! - BF games don't have much strategy other than "go around the side and capture the points behind the enemy") so if you find yourself getting confused, check out my comprehensive guide to help ease you in to the game.

Thanks, I'll read through it before I play, appreciate the primer.

5. Re: Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend & Sale Mar 21, 2013, 10:48 Undocumented Alien

What the hell, can't hurt to try it when it's free. I'll give it a whirl. Had tons of fun with the MOD version many moons ago.  

News Comments > POE Boasts 2M Players; Patch Details; Supporter Packs Update
28. Re: POE Boasts 2M Players; Patch Details; Supporter Packs Update Mar 15, 2013, 17:01 Undocumented Alien

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 16:39:
Cutter wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 16:33:
Enh, I found this really underwhelming and got bored of it quick. Man, I wish they'd make a new Tit Quest.

Not gonna happen, but the main guy from the Titan Quest studio already Kickstarted a new ARPG that should be in alpha soon with a release before the end of the year: Grim Dawn

Now you have me wondering WTF happened to that IP, though... We didn't hear anything about that when THQ went kablooey, did we?

Grim Dawn will:
•Be DRM free!
•Join up with friends in coop-multiplayer through online match-making or play over LAN and experience the full game together.

An upcoming ARPG that will not require an internet connection... will have to support these guys.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer
18. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 16:56 Undocumented Alien

Cool, just fired up Civ 5 - Gods & Kings just the other day, fun game to go back to after a couple of months, the long campaigns can really burn you out.

I'll probably pick this up, Civ 5 is the game I play on a long airplane rides for business, makes a 4-5 hour flight seem like nothing. And you can... *GASP*... play it offline... hurray!!

22. Re: POE Boasts 2M Players; Patch Details; Supporter Packs Update Mar 15, 2013, 16:20 Undocumented Alien

Hmmm... Registered...

Hmmmm... that's all they claimed...

10. Re: POE Boasts 2M Players; Patch Details; Supporter Packs Update Mar 15, 2013, 12:05 Undocumented Alien

Happy to see it doing so well!

It feels 100% more like a spiritual sucessor to Diablo 1 (even more than D2), and I love it for that.

I will admit that I do not like the always online persistant connection, a SP Offline Mode would have been great for this game as you do get a ton of Desnyc's at peak times, makes playing frustrating. I give it more slack than D3 because A) it doesn't have a history or roots of an SP game (nothing was taken away) B) They want this to be like GW 1 with Team PvP Competitions C) The game cost $0 if you were so inclined not to "properly" support GGG.

My primary toons are a Templar (Staff + Sweep) and Maurader (Cleave + Shield + Leap). So far, into Act 3, I'm doing just fine and having a LOT of fun being in the trenches.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
41. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 15:01 Undocumented Alien

Right, but what if I want to enjoy the game I paid for? What if I'd like to go up the tech tree and not have the game end in 10 minutes? I can do this just fine in every other RTS that is MP. Blizzard titles? Hell you're lucky if you don't have shit in your base 2 and a half minutes in.

I haven't played an RTS for a while, but, back in the day you could "turtle" and keep tech'ing while the other person kept trying to attack. If you turtled well, protected your resources, you "could" eventually out tech the opponent and then counter attack.

I'm not sure if thats doable with SC2, but I have seen it done.

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
48. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 14:04 Undocumented Alien

It's clear from the way the Internet is evolving (IPv6, more mobile devices, cloud computing, geolocation load balancing, etc.) that things like Nvidia's Grid and online games like this and Diablo 3 will rapidly become the norm. Even the way Gabe Newell talks about an online ecosystem and his Big Picture/SteamBox seem to orient in this direction, with an emphasis on streaming. You can quite clearly see that SimCity is partway to that end, as is Diablo 3, etc.

It would be interesting to see if "NEW IP" would be massively successful with an always on DRM.

As it stands today, these big publishers are taking well known game titles, that were primarily SP, and holding them hostage with always on DRM.

So I wouldn't say, just yet, the online DRM is the future. I'd say it's significantly easier to get success from a well known title, that MILLIONS want to ALREADY play, then it would be to get a brand new IP with always on DRM and get people on board to buy it.

SimCity and Diablo 3 would sell millions if they contained a pile of shit in the box, not really a good reference point for the acceptance for always on DRM.

News Comments > SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand
64. Re: SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand Mar 8, 2013, 08:56 Undocumented Alien

When EA buys a developer, everyone needs to quit pretending that the publisher and the developer are different entities.

This isn't Maxis failing you. Maxis no longer exists.

This is 100% the same with Activision and Blizzard (i.e. Diablo 3).

Yes, there were requests for an Auction House/Trading Post from Diablo players. They could have just keep that at the online only B.NET level and still provided a Offline SP Mode like they always did. But noooooooo, Activision saw that Diablo had a HUGE fanbase and said.. "Hmm, yes... we'll give them an Auction House alright, a REAL MONEY Auction House that we get a cut of.... and to make sure we get the most ROI out of it, EVERYBODY has to be online to play.... MWUUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!".

So we know why Diablo 3 is always online, for SimCity it must be about control (DRM). Its a shame that both companies have taken games with strong roots in SP and a large fanbase and held the games hostage, only thing we can do is stop supporting them as hard as it is. I know that I won't.

News Comments > More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans
9. Re: More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans Mar 6, 2013, 08:18 Undocumented Alien

When they patch in that "Offline SP Mode" like D1 & D2 had I'll drop some $$$ on them. I don't give two $hit$ about an AH or RMAH, the true reasons for their online leash. The games roots are SP and COOP (LAN) with an option for B.NET. They patched in Offline SP Mode for SC2, they can do it for this game.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Race Events
11. Re: Path of Exile Race Events Feb 22, 2013, 09:00 Undocumented Alien

I just wish there was instanced loot in public parties, the timer is a minor help but in general people at the front of the action get more than their fair share and you have to focus on following drops while fighting and perhaps stop supporting the group to collect otherwise you will lose out. A lot of people vigorously defend it and I can kind of understand but I think being forced to scrap for loot dominates the gameplay too much and is a bit offputting.

GGG should allow the person who creates the "party" to set the timer value where the default value is what it currently is but can be increased to up to let's say 60 seconds. That way it's an OPTION and the "purist's" can maintain there free-for-all loot if they want.

Personally I don't coop with strangers and my peers and I have an agreement that if the loot has/had a name on it then only that perosn picks it up, and if so inclined can share afterwards. Works just fine 99% of the time.

News Comments > Path of Exile Race Events
5. Re: Path of Exile Race Events Feb 21, 2013, 11:47 Undocumented Alien

This is good that they have this type of event, even though I won't have the time to participate, it's cool for the PoE community overall.

This game is like Diablo 2.5 sitting on a GW infrastrucure, it's pretty interesting.

They will definetly be getting $$$ from me. Game is completely worth it and deserves it.

Hopefully they don't go down the path of AH3, but it doesn't sound like they will.

News Comments > Diablo III Community Q&A - Patch Tomorrow
22. Re: Diablo III Community Q&A - Patch Tomorrow Feb 12, 2013, 09:14 Undocumented Alien

Three words. Path. Of. Exile. The more I play the game, the better its getting.

I agree, I'm glad I took a second look at PoE because I would have missed out on a great ARPG. PoE feels more like a Diablo game then D3 does, it's unbelievable how bad Blizz fracked up D3.

Yeah, D3's production values are higher than PoE... however, PoE is a better game by far.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
28. Re: Errr... Beamer? Feb 6, 2013, 16:38 Undocumented Alien

What does Sony do? Do they leave their console "open", expecting all gamers to flock to it? Or do they figure that if they don't follow in the same path as MS, publishers will be pissed and release on Xbox only?

Great point, it would be common sense to see game publishers cheering for the end of rentals, and if M$ gives them that they might get more exclusive rights on games, could kill Sony if they do.

Really disliking this "always on" trend happening in gaming.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Errr... Beamer? Feb 6, 2013, 13:10 Undocumented Alien

•Report: Next Xbox will require Internet connection.

The Next Xbox will require not being purchased from my home, much like D3.

Your right, hopefully Sony won't go down this road with the "PS4" or I won't be buying any of the next-gen consoles.

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Updated
14. Re: Diablo III PTR Updated Feb 1, 2013, 14:24 Undocumented Alien

I've played a bunch more, and there are a few interesting bits to it, but the combat is so... clunky, it's very off-putting...

Yes, they defintely need to tweak melee combat. I played a Templar for a bit and it felt bland, then played a Archer/Ranger and Witch and had MUCH more fun. I beleive you are correct in that attack speeds are supposed to help with this. Hopefully they will take a look at this before releasing PoE. I believe I have seen forum threads on the PoE discussing this so I believe that GGG is aware of the feedback.

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Updated
7. Re: Diablo III PTR Updated Feb 1, 2013, 11:59 Undocumented Alien

Too busy playing Path of Exile

+1

News Comments > Path of Exile Open Beta
57. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta Jan 28, 2013, 16:49 Undocumented Alien

They help but even when teleporting back to them you still have to traverse the entire, again randomized map again.

I believe there is a "timer" that will determine if you get a new instance of a "zone" or keep the current one when using either town portals or way points. I believe in this beta the zones are only being held for 4 minutes, whereas the "release" game will hold an empty instance for 8-12 minutes. So... I guess you have to sell/purchase really quick and get back into the instance.

I had gone through a town portal and took my sweet ass time selling and purchasing and when I went to go back into my portal it was gone, had to walk for a bit with respawned zones. Found out that the timeout was 4 minutes for open beta. Code testing...

So, in the release you should get around 10 minutes before a instance resets. That may help.

News Comments > Path of Exile Open Beta
55. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta Jan 28, 2013, 14:09 Undocumented Alien

This is because you were getting multiple quests all over the fucking place, which made you travel back and forth.

Don't the waypoints help with this? Before I log off I try to at least get to a waypoint so I don't have to go through everything again. I don't recall having to redo many "zones".

607 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo