Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 519 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
207. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 20:03 Undocumented Alien

LOL! Are you kidding me? That was the same shit we ran into in the open beta. And people were posting in the support forums telling them that was the problem. They still haven't fixed it? Wow, that just boggles the mind.

Dude, it's Blizz, it's OK.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

192. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:36 Undocumented Alien

SWTOR? Of course you'll just hedge and claim it wasn't a major online game or something idiotic like that.

I was on and playing day 1, no disconnects, no wall of error messages telling me to wait, no repeatedly bringing the servers down for maintenance.

I'll back that up, a 30 minute queue then I played until I logged off.

110. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 15:39 Undocumented Alien

STFU it's not Blizz fault you're too stupid to log into their precious game!!!11

Exactly, they designed it to be a Offline game with persistent online DRM that you can't log into. Nothing can be done about it now, lets move on.

105. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 15:25 Undocumented Alien

When PvP goes online, folks will be glad characters/gear are stored/validated by Blizzard instead of hacked in by players.

Right, the D1/D2 Offline mode really caused a lot of problems...

102. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 15:20 Undocumented Alien

Apparently the server downtime is partly to fix this major bug. Apparently if you traded a shield with the templar companion it would perma-log you from battle.net. Anyways lots of little unforeseen things crop up in a game this big.

Happy NON-customer and proud to NOT support online DRM (from Ubi or Blizz).

An MMO type launch for a simple Dungeon Crawler...

News Comments > Diablo III Interview
118. Re: Diablo III Interview May 10, 2012, 20:47 Undocumented Alien

If you didn't like eggplant, why would you eat it every chance you had and just keep complaining about how bad it tastes?

Because we have ordered the "Eggplant" twice before and we could take it home to eat (Offline), now the "Eggplant" has to be eaten at the restaurant (online), and there is no real reason to have changed the policy.

Would you understand this better if we used pancakes as an example?

108. Re: Diablo III Interview May 10, 2012, 13:36 Undocumented Alien

There are a couple in here that have bitched about always on DRM and the AH in every single thread.

Well, it's part of THIS stories topic, see in the overview - "and why they will not incorporate an 'offline mode."

News Comments > The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons
63. Re: The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons May 8, 2012, 10:56 Undocumented Alien

The voice acting and story were cool in the beginning for each of the eight roles to play. Maybe it's just me but I puttered out around level 20 for the 3 I tried. Just got bored, I guess the MMO "paint" underneath just started to show through. I had that happen with EQ, DAoC, WoW, and SW:TOR. The only MMO'ish games that I didn't burn out on right away was UO and GW (1). Maybe because UO was skill based and more of an open world, and maybe GW because getting to lvl 20 was easy and from there you just explored and got loot and skills.

I'd LOVE to see an updated (OLD SCHOOL VERSION) of UO.

56. Re: Diablo III Interview May 7, 2012, 16:35 Undocumented Alien

In truth, I would contend that the things they have changed make it less Diablo than a perspective change would. But maybe that's just me.

Yes, I LIKE Diablo in an isometric 3/4 view style, that's what it is.

Some of the "What the?!?!" moments for me playing the open beta weekend were:

• Health Potion Cool-down... wtf?

• No more "mana" ball (in regards to a potion for it), now a kill "charge up" to fill... wtf?

• Didn't like these two "features" at all, especially the cool-down shite, very much NOT Diablo.

Hellgate turned out to be a disaster because of Bill Roper's greed and incompetence, but the fundamental mechanics were actually pretty sound.

At least Roper gave us a true OFFLINE mode, even with his asinine Adverts and Subscription model.

I did one play-through (offline) with Hellgate London as a "Sniper". Wasn't to bad, did seem like a good mix of Diablo item hunting and FPS. After that had no interest in playing again though.

This comment was edited on May 7, 2012, 16:40.

46. Re: Diablo III Interview May 7, 2012, 15:03 Undocumented Alien

I'm only hoping that Runic hasn't ruined the Torchlight series by changing the game play to cartoon graphics as shown in the game's opening trailer.

In regards to Torchlight 2, the actual game play footage I have seen looks very similar to T1, doesn't look any more cartoon'ish.

33. Re: Diablo III Interview May 7, 2012, 13:30 Undocumented Alien

LoL.. nin, absolutely is from Mugatu.  

31. Re: Diablo III Interview May 7, 2012, 13:20 Undocumented Alien

Verno, On the offline mode, I would have to say that I think this all falls back to how duping was out of control and Blizz is needing to put an end to that because of the real world AH they implemented now.

Duping has ZERO effects from a complete OFFLINE mode. I feel like I'm on crazy pills when I see people saying there is no OFFLINE mode because of duping.

No OFFLINE mode is because Acti-Blizz will be making $$$ on the AH. I believe between D1 and D2 Blizz sold around 17-18 million units, I don't think piracy was a huge issue.

Yes, I will be passing on D3, not supporting this insanity. T2 will be the successor to D2. D3 is an MMO lite.

News Comments > Diablo III Auctions Detailed
    117. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 3, 2012, 16:00 Undocumented Alien

So for those passing on D3 it looks like you'll still have a really solid alternative.

100%. We got GW2 for the "online" itch, and T2 for the OFFLINE SP mode and LAN/IP Coop MP mode. After the D3 beta, I know I'm not really missing much, and I don't want support this online only model for Diablo (and Blizz).

News Comments > Diablo III Auctions Detailed
    78. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 15:49 Undocumented Alien

Torchlight 2 could be several orders of magnitude better than Diablo 3 and it would still only sell a fraction of a fraction as well due simply to brand awareness and customer loyalty. They are wise to ensure a wide berth between release dates.

Exactly, like a Kennedy running for office in MA. Would virtually win an election on name alone.

This is the only reason why Blizz is getting away with the online DRM (unlike Ubi). We get, "I don't support online DRM... but... but... this is Diablo man... Diablo".

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Events
    80. Re: Diablo III Launch Events May 2, 2012, 14:54 Undocumented Alien

Just FYI BNet has had queuing since as long as I can remember.

And since a customer can't play D3 "offline" the queue will be exponentially worse.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed
    31. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 20:40 Undocumented Alien

This is followed by a blurb saying "Coming this summer to Xbox 360. More details at E3." Presumably it is coming to the Windows and PS3 editions of the game as well. E3 2012 begins June 5th.

It would be OK if Blizz did it...

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Events
    70. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 27, 2012, 08:38 Undocumented Alien

I also don't generally support Ubi's DRM games, but am happily going to play D3

What others have been saying, hypocritical thinking. You don't "generally" support Ubi's persistent online connection DRM but you are OK with Blizzards...

News Comments > On Guild Wars 2 Worlds
    36. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 16:55 Undocumented Alien

The REAL QUESTION IS Is it going to be another shitty grind again?

I don't remember grinding in GW(1), at all. Level 20 was extremely simply to hit. GW2 will have up to level 80, but from what I have read the level curve is nearly flat. So it should be similar to GW1.

Opps, Yifes beat me to it.

News Comments > On Guild Wars 2 Worlds
    26. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 14:31 Undocumented Alien

Seems like there is smoke billowing up from behind the wall...otherwise why not let people play it risk free?

They might (and they should) have a stress test weekend towards the end of the beta period and let as many people as possible in.

News Comments > Diablo III Open Beta Weekend
    223. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 25, 2012, 12:12 Undocumented Alien

Am I missing something? Last I saw, Blizzard was not going to make anything on AH transactions... Are you assuming this or was it stated somewhere?

http://www.diablowiki.net/Auction_House

I'm not saying this wiki is "bible", but I believe they are correct (you can find this in many different sites with a Google search) -

"This entire subject is rather a moral and ethical, not to mention ‘’legal’’, quagmire. Yet, Blizzard has always opposed these transactions for the reasons listed above, and others. Their reasoning for finally allowing it, in their own game no less, is twofold: they are able to control the transaction, and they are also able to profit from it. A player will no longer feel the need to go to unreputable websites which may contain malicious software that steals their personal or account information. All of these transactions now take place within the game’s client."

519 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 10.
    < Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo