Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 538 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
55. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 11, 2012, 10:07 Undocumented Alien

The main thing that bothers me about Diablo3 is that it feels like a single player game.

That makes sense as that's the game lineage. A SP game (first) with COOP. Acti-Blizz has used a shoehorn to make the game fit a MMO-Lite mold, but as you have seen, it's still a SP game with COOP, they are just forcing an online DRM to push people into using the RMAH.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

52. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 11, 2012, 08:41 Undocumented Alien

Yep. Makes you wonder what they spent all their time in development doing.

One of the mains reason HG:L failed, the dev team spent to much time worrying about money grab tech (adverts, subscription interface) and not enough on gameplay.

D3 is the same, the devs spent to much time on the RMAH and not enough on the main gameplay. Granted D3 is better then HG:L, however, their failings to make a great game came at the expense of greed.

Was better when the business model was, "We'll make millions by making a great game.". Nowadays its, "Lets make an OK game leveraging highly visible brand names (reason why D3 sold like it did) that has MT/RMAH/Sub in it."

22. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 16:26 Undocumented Alien

That's the thing, this ISN'T in the vein of Diablo 1 OR 2. It's a shell of it's former self, sold as a quasi-mmo with Activision money grubbing all over it in the form of the Real Money Auction House.

This ^^^^

Having played D3 a bit (on my friends account), it's Diablo'ish, but feels like a SP MMO game with all the fucking stupid cool-down timers for the skills and potions. And there IS rubber banding even with an all green ping bar. I've been walking along, then get teleported back 10 feet... it's awesome, good thing for that online DRM. I find the loot drops to be pretty boring compared to D1/2, but thats part of the business plan for D3 anyways, cool stuff on RMAH.

To give the game a couple of props, the rag doll physics with the barbarian smashing MOBS 20 feet in the air and landing on houses and trees is a good time and the scenery looks very cool most of the time.

Overall I think the money grabbing business plan (RMAH) and WoW'ing of D3 drops it down quite a bit. Part of the fun of D1 and D2 was going app shit on Mobs and finding cool loot. I think both of these "features" are missing with D3. I would give it a 7/10 on a review, not bad, just an average game, doesn't hold up to D1 or D2, feels like a sort of similar clone.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 August 28th
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 August 28th Jun 28, 2012, 10:03 Undocumented Alien

Cool, look forward to it.  

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
58. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 22, 2012, 09:01 Undocumented Alien

People played Diablo 2 for over a decade despite having a broken ass economy, rampant exploits, botting and slingshot balance between patches.

Difference there of course is that Blizzard didn't have a stake in the economy, with DiabRMAHlo 3, they want a clean economy so THEY can make more money, so they are overreacting to everything for $$$. This game has been Bill Ropered, surprised they haven't tried to through adverts in the game yet.

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
51. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 22, 2012, 08:36 Undocumented Alien

DiaRMAHblo 3. Everything for the RMAH... Blizzard is dead.

Yeah this is a real nightmare they got going on and it's the fastest selling pc game ever.

Only because the brand name "Diablo" is on the box. Otherwise, because of the always on requirement, this game would have been DOA.

News Comments > EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire
18. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 20, 2012, 12:13 Undocumented Alien

People have been collecting that stuff for weeks already, you can't just change their existing items from under them like that, particularly when people are paying gold and real money for stuff.

Yeah, I would think that changing existing items that people actually payed REAL money for would be a BIG no-no. Those items should be "grandfathered" in and only items going forward should be affected. The whole RMAH concept is completely dumb anyways, but its Blizzard so it's OK.

News Comments > Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items
56. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 10:48 Undocumented Alien

First of all, we are deeply grateful to you for your patience waiting for the development team during this maintenance time in order to restore the service as a whole.

Maintenance, yet another reason why the game should have been sold with a completely stand-alone offline module (like D1/2). Having my own little D1/2 universe, on my own machine, keeps me isolated from all the hackers, dupers, and cheaters from the online version (NOT the other way around). Funny stuff that you can't play a SP (with coop components) game because the ActiBlizz servers are down to fix... duping issues... lol....

Blizzard is dead, long live ActiBlizz. Diab-WoW.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2012, 11:10.

News Comments > Vivendi to Discuss Activision Sale?
33. Re: Vivendi to Discuss Activision Sale? Jun 8, 2012, 11:05 Undocumented Alien

But I think the RMAH in D3 can probably tide them over while waiting for the next MMO of blizzard.

Any person putting a CC (or any "real" money) on the Diab-WoW RMAH has to be phucking crazy. The "fake money" AH is currently a disaster and hacking is already rampant in Diab-WoW today. Once "real money" comes into the equation the hackers will be going nuts to exploit the game.

Personally, I think the RMAH is a VERY bad idea, they should just stick to a in-game gold AH where it's fake and use it as a "trading post" so people can (IMHO cheat) buy gear instead of finding it organically in their game if that's what they want to do.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch
140. Re: Diablo III Patch May 30, 2012, 10:59 Undocumented Alien

And how exactly are they getting away with it?

Talking about the Blues community (and PLENTY of fanbois on the Blizzard forum) defending Diab-WoW and advising people to use an authenticator to play a "video game" and in the context of any other game being bashed if it weren't published by Blizzard. We all saw how UbiSoft was treated for doing LESS then the hoops that Diab-WoW customers are having to go through so they don't get hacked. Good thing this traditionally SP game is online only, "really" has stepped up the experience...

125. Re: Diablo III Patch May 30, 2012, 09:59 Undocumented Alien

As for hacks... Again, how -- for FUCK'S SAKE PEOPLE!? -- can you say, with conviction, that it's the customer's fault when his battlenet account's being hacked!? If you're a PC wiz, sure.. debateable, but there's hundreds -- no, thousands! -- of people who play games after working their asses off after a hard day at work but that's where their knowledge about software ends. Blame them? Get the hell out of here...!

And of course if this wasn't Diab-WoW, everybody would be ripping the game a new a-hole. It's really amazing how Blizzard is getting away with this...

114. Re: Diablo III Patch May 30, 2012, 08:42 Undocumented Alien

so many folks are not willing to take ownership of thier own internet security its fucking scarey.

You know what's scary here? That we have to talk about internet security, authenticators, etc... for a GAME. This hobby has become a complete CF and people are defending it... that's also VERY scary. Diab-WOW... a new age in gaming, for the worse.

71. Re: Diablo III Patch May 29, 2012, 20:13 Undocumented Alien

Pretty much every government branch and major company in the US (nevermind the rest of the world) has been hacked and continues to get hacked.

It's a good thing Blizzard made this traditionally SP game into a government like, hackable fucking game/mess so people can't dupe virtual, worthless, items.

D3 makes Roper look like a genius, and THAT'S hard to do these days.

2. Re: Diablo III Patch May 29, 2012, 13:15 Undocumented Alien

Good to see the MMO "Diablo Online" getting patches.  

News Comments > Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend
70. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 15:11 Undocumented Alien

Careful.....there are people that will claim all sorts of things, like scaling, bandwidth problems, bla bla bla.

Seeing that T2 supports an offline (or even LAN) mode a person can play without worrying about login servers... just like... D1/D2... Quite a concept.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
114. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 18, 2012, 08:52 Undocumented Alien

But what is going to be done?

What is to be done... is that publishers like Ubisoft and EA have a puddle of drool at their feet as they see D3 being a HUGE success despite an always online, persistent connection (that everyone whined about before) for a historically SP/LAN game.

Welcome to the new age of renting your game (non-ownership), and now no one, especially those that bought D3 and supported this model, can whine about any longer as there exists a hugely successful reference point in the industry.

Ironically, a publisher almost every gamer has loved, is leading the way with this... wolf in sheep's clothing...

I completely understand the draw of the Diablo series... and so doesn't Blizzard...

If this were a new IP (Title), I'm not sure they would have pulled this off as smoothly as they did.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2012, 08:58.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
109. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 17, 2012, 15:26 Undocumented Alien

Eh? Been a LONG time since I played D2 (years), did LAN play get patched out?

No, the blind Blizz fanbois CONSTANTLY forget that SP OFFLINE and LAN COOP (which ARE still there for D2) had ZERO effect on closed B.Net Diablo, even though THATS their lame excuse for turning Diablo into a rent-a-game concept.

When Blizz decides to turn the lights off on D3 (probably many years down the road), you don't play it anymore because you don't actually own the game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
211. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 20:23 Undocumented Alien

The server looks like it's up... but can one log in...

Happily playing Skyrim with no log-in issue.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
207. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 20:03 Undocumented Alien

LOL! Are you kidding me? That was the same shit we ran into in the open beta. And people were posting in the support forums telling them that was the problem. They still haven't fixed it? Wow, that just boggles the mind.

Dude, it's Blizz, it's OK.

538 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo