Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 520 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GarageGames Game Development Kit Kickstarter
12. Re: GarageGames Game Development Kit Kickstarter Jan 4, 2013, 08:42 Undocumented Alien

Unity - 3D Game Development, should know 3D Engines and C#/C++, Vector Algebra.

Adventure Game Studio - 2D games, should know C.

RPG Maker - 2D, uses Ruby scripting.

Game Maker - 2D, C

Unreal Dev Kit - 3D, Unreal Script

PC Gamer had a big article on this stuff. But yeah, the assets are probably the big factor with this. I tried making a Diablo type game a LONG time ago and fizzled out when I tried to make music and art for the project.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2 Oct 31, 2012, 16:21 Undocumented Alien

I think I'm getting too old for MP competitive games.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Been enjoying offline games such as T2 and Turn based games such as CIV 5 and XCOM... definitely more my speed these days (41 now).

I remember having a LOT of fun with NS1, but a good commander is NESESSARY to make it an enjoyable experience. I think I'll probably wait a bit for NS2, see how it shakes out. But I wish them well.

News Comments > Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an "Endangered Species"
51. Re: Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an Oct 4, 2012, 09:34 Undocumented Alien

ALL the games that I remember from Blizzard, with the expection of WoW and D3, had Single Player, OFFLINE game modes. There may not have even been a WoW or D3 if thier previous games weren't so successful, that by the way, had SP OFFLINE components.

Way to forget your roots Blizzard... or are they still Blizzard?

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming
41. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 16:46 Undocumented Alien

It seems to me like you are the one that needs some fresh air. You are obsessed with loot-whoring games, but don't like farming for loot. Hilarious!

To me, loot is just one portion of an ARPG. A good ARGP, and D3 has some of those elements, is about character progression with stats and items, having fun destroying interesting MOBs, and progressing through the story (D1/2/3 had good cut scenes to help move it along). If all the above is good, then there is replayabiltiy with another character.

I play games for fun (and only usually about 6-10 hours per week), if you want to live in a blender and do the same stuff over and over again, then go for it, I just think it's a waste of time with so many other things to do. Hilarious? Playing a game for fun even if it's an ARPG? Then my impression of your world is "sad".

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2012, 16:51.

38. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 16:29 Undocumented Alien

You realize that these games (even your precious TL2) are built around... farming for loot... that is the sole purpose of playing them... right? It's certainly not because "click click click" with a kmouse pointer is enticing or terribly strategic gameplay, and it certainly isn't for the story...

Sure, I go through the story with a character, take the loot the game gives me (with good balance it should be rewarding enough), then when I am done and if the game is good, do it with another character. Or I will go the next level in difficulty and continue.

There are other games to play and real life stuff happening then to waste time killing the same MOB over and over again for a virtual item. I play games for fun, I don't see how farming is fun... Now farming is strategic? LoL... oh man... take a walk, get some fresh air.

35. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 16:17 Undocumented Alien

I played 90+ levels of D2 (via forced online DRM)

Just an FYI... D2 had a dedicated SP Offline Mode, you didn't have to play online at all.

33. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 16:10 Undocumented Alien

If you farmed late game inferno

FAIL! You have to farm late game inferno to get good stuff in D3. Anytime a game makes me FARM for "interesting" loot it will be shelved relatively quick.

Your honor, I rest my case.

24. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 15:14 Undocumented Alien

It irritates me that people can't get their head around the fact that you don't have to touch the auction house (real money or gold) to play diablo 3.

Also quite irrating that "people" can't get their head around the fact that D3 is online only BECAUSE of the auction house, so if I touch it or not, I'm handcuffed to thier online only DRM.

I play games like Diablo 1/2/3 to find my OWN loot, don't care to trade or use an auction house so I don't want to be punished for it existing. If the game is balanced right, I should get *good* loot and gold to get me through the story. D3's loot is OK, not very exciting, does not keep me coming back for more. D1/D2 did.

21. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 14:41 Undocumented Alien

I'll take a look at D3 again when they put out the SP (OFFLINE) Mode Patch. Never happen you say? That's OK, we got GW2, TL2, and BL2... all set.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launches
18. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 11:01 Undocumented Alien

I approach it more like an ARPG with MMO trappings and find it pretty damned fun.

Same here, the game is non-stop! I head to do a quest and along the way a new event pops up and I do that for 15 minutes or so then go back to my quest, ALWAYS something going on.

I also like to play solo a lot, but the events allow me to "virtually" group for events and execute a common goal with complete strangers for a short time (no commitment) and then do my own stuff again, it's a GREAT design. Travelling is very easy, not much time wasted running across a map for no reason.

Playing a Norn Guardian and currently at level 7, been having a great time. It really does merge the feel of an ARGP and MMO together, will be playing this one for a long time.

News Comments > Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes
18. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 13:17 Undocumented Alien

If you need an authenticator just to play a game then you've failed as a developer.

Amen! Just way to much effort to play a game that has it's roots as a SP game. What does Blizz say now, "Aren't you thankful?". No.

News Comments > Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend
18. Re: Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend Jul 25, 2012, 09:46 Undocumented Alien

jdreyer wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 19:34:
kunic wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 17:02:
To everyone complaining about the game being always online, please stfu. The game is free-to-play. Do you honestly expect a LAN mode? That'd be like League of Legends or Dota 2 offering LAN as well (ie. stupid). It was a valid complaint with Diablo 3 because you paid $60 for it, but Path of Exile is completely free and not pay-to-win either.

You misread. Obviously, we're not expecting a F2P game to have an offline SP mode or a LAN mode. We want a traditional game that we pay for that has these things. We're saying that we want games with both offline and online functionality, and we're willing to pay for it. We're bemoaning the trend of more and more games toward always-online gameplay.

Thank you jdreyer, it's nice to know there is still intelligence out there on the internet. Yes, that was my original dissapointment, another ARPG being online only, that was all. I'll give PoE a try, it's free, which is $60 better then D3 already.

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 2012, 09:54.

News Comments > Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found?
34. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 25, 2012, 08:10 Undocumented Alien

I'm pretty sure that by now most everyone is aware it was made online only simply to force use of the real money scam house.

That is really the only reason.

11. Re: Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend Jul 24, 2012, 16:14 Undocumented Alien

There's just a ton of things they're doing right, but its not care beary so those who don't have the patience to learn a new system may be put off. There is a TON of shit going on in this game - you'll constantly have those "Oh I wish I knew that!" moments which is a welcome rarity these days.

I'll try it out, shit it's free, so no harm no foul if I don't like it.

5. Re: Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend Jul 24, 2012, 13:44 Undocumented Alien

I don't mind an online OPTIONAL component, I just don't see a valid reason why it has to be ONLINE ONLY (same as D3, outside of game design).

I see that they are going with a F2P model with Cash Shop which is fine, but I'd rather just pay them $50 and be done with it. If they want to have an optional B.NET like component that is funded by a cash shop (for ongoing maint, etc) that would be awesome and I would support it when I was home and could play smoothly. But I'm just not digging this direction of online only (especially non-MMO) with ARGP's which require smooth control to do well (target, etc). Even on my FIOS connection (and < 100 ms Ping) D3 bounces me around, it's not acceptable. Economies for games are a joke, D3's economy is already dead.

I'll help them load up the server and stress it, check the game out, but I'm not keen on supporting this direction for any game company, there ARE still ARGP's coming out with SP/MP options, they'll need to see some love so things like that will continue.

I hope this game is fun and hope that people who don't care about always on for non-MMO's enjoy it, but doesn't mean that because I won't support it that it is beating a dead horse. I am dissapointed to learn that it's online only.. another ARPG that I probably won't support and there are so few as it is.

3. Re: Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend Jul 24, 2012, 13:18 Undocumented Alien

Who gives a fuck about it being online only, seriously thats like such a lame ass dead horse beating. Gameplay is all that matters.

It matters a "fucking" lot. Some people leave their Mom's basement with a solid LAN connection to play games, sometimes on the road working, or sometimes overseas protecting. I've tried games like D3 online (buddies account) from hotels and it sucks ass, gameplay means nothing when you are getting bounced all over the screen.

This is now a "maybe" (very maybe) buy.

The game owns in everything that made oldschool rpgs like diablo own.

Maybe, but I played all of those "oldschool" ARPGs either offline (max performance) or over LAN.

Again, maybe TL2 or Grim Dawn, games that will give me options of play modes.

1. Re: Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend Jul 24, 2012, 10:50 Undocumented Alien

I'll check it out and give them a hand to see what kind of load their servers can handle..

Just read the PoE FAQ... this is online only? Blah... just want a phucking offline ARPG with OPTIONAL LAN/Internet features, guess TL2 will be next and then possibly Grim Dawn.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2012, 10:58.

News Comments > Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit [Updated]
2. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit Jul 23, 2012, 11:27 Undocumented Alien

Thank god for that always-on DRM to protect us... wait a minute...  

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III
31. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 13:58 Undocumented Alien

They already sold 7 million plus, it's a resounding success

I think most would agree that ActiBlizz could have taken a shit in a box and slapped the Diablo sticker on it and it would have sold 7 million plus copies.

I think most people would also agree that if this wasn't a Diablo game the publisher would have NEVER gotten away with this "always on" bullshit (as evidence in regards to Ubisofts treatment).

I have played the game, I gifted my buddy T1 in return for 1 character slot in his D3 game. The game is "OK". The online requirement sucks, even with 100 ms or less ping I get sling shotted back 10 feet for no reason. This sucks when you just want to play SP.

I agree with other posters here, the game is unbelieveable easy. In D1 I would only click about an inch away from my character as even in Normal mode in D1 you could get a royal beatdown if you went to fast. With D3, I have my Barb at an almost always on sprint as I just cut down shit like it was standing still. The loot drops do suck and if I really want nice loot I can just use the AH (non-RMAH). So why do I care about drops in the game? The cooldowns are fucking dumb.

Between not being worried about MOBS (to easy) and not caring about drops in the game (just use gold to buy a nice yellow), it just doesn't really feel like Diablo anymore expect for the hack n' slash (which gets boring pretty quick). I've played my Barb and now I'm on to some of the new games I got from STEAM with thier Summer sales. Just have no desire to play D3 anymore, they really screwed up a great brand for $$$.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Trailer
3. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Jul 12, 2012, 12:52 Undocumented Alien

Could never really get into Borderlands...  

520 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo