Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 611 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
66. Re: why??? Jan 23, 2014, 17:08 Undocumented Alien

I could see my flag - and was "DEFENDING" - not sure why I got in trouble for "camping" while defending. Wasn't in a corner, was out in the open, they just didn't look around when they came into the area with the flag - had their blinders on. oh well.

Bah, that's not "camping", you were playing with a bunch of wimps.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

60. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 16:09 Undocumented Alien

It's not about the difficulty requiring a second player - it's just about being able to team up with a friend and play through the singleplayer content together (though yes, we'd likely jack up the difficulty to compensate). And why would we be in different areas? The idea would be to explore and enjoy the game's content together. The variety of weapon and skill path options would make it even more fun, as a couple of players could support each other while specializing in their particular area.

Agreed, you could play Diablo 2 and run in a completely different direction then your buddies, but you don't because the point is to play together. Skyrim has you play with a companion quite a bit, not sure why this couldn't be with another real player. The scripting would just have to be updated to allow that other player to get credit for completing a quest.

59. Re: why??? Jan 23, 2014, 16:05 Undocumented Alien

Messed around in CoD last night, was protecting our flag pretty well and capping theirs once in a while. I killed 3 people in a row that came around the corner in a group - next message on screen "xXBatmanXx don't camp" - ha! I just replied "F*** Off". Banned. Oh well.

Huh, I guess my interpretation of "camping" has always been more about the opposition sitting at my teams spawn point and killing people before they can even move. I didn't think people had a problem with someone being in a strategic spot (non-spawn killing), and I didn't think their were "rules" that you always had to move.

10. Re: TimeLines: Assault On America Preorders Jan 23, 2014, 10:28 Undocumented Alien

The only MMO that I would actually consider is a modernized (technology wise) UO reboot. Not that care bear UO in it's last few years of life, but the original, hardcore world where virtually anything goes. I remember some dam fun times getting into battles with PvP'ers, exciting and scary, but kept me coming back for more. Other than that, I agree these MMO's have become quite boring.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2014, 11:51 Undocumented Alien

I am still on XP at work. I've talked to the boss the other day to upgrade to 7 but there isn't much reasons to do so, aside from the support not going to be there for XP, which doesn't affect us much anyways.

If your XP machine has access to the internet you may want to reconsider, with M$ no longer patching XP any new vulnerabilities will not be fixed.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March
51. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 21, 2013, 14:57 Undocumented Alien

You didn't mention the weird leashing that goes on with the coop, you get too far from another player and you're teleported over to them which is really jarring. I wish it had more leeway, my fiance was having a lot of trouble with that.

Wow, yet another bad design decision by Acti-Blizz for D3. Why would you not go with a split-screen for this type of game? They have a blind captain at the helm of their ship...

I've been playing Grim Dawn early access lately and feel like its the most promising ARPG yet, it hits all the right notes. It is far from completion unfortunately, at least a year or two off at this rate.

We should be getting Act 2 of GD within a month.

39. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 20, 2013, 12:50 Undocumented Alien

Poe is damn excellent too.

Yes, PoE is a very good game. My big complaint is the Online Only DRM (much like D3), just NOT a big fan of this current trend of the ARPG's being locked to online only. Grim Dawn is old School, OFFLINE, LAN, Direct IP... how it used to be. I'd also be fine if GD offered an OPTIONAL Secure Online Mode. I did give GGG some $$$ for making a very good ARPG, however, I'm more inclined to support Crate for making an excellent ARPG (so far), and providing a spectrum of game modes.

34. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 20, 2013, 08:41 Undocumented Alien

I Have Grim Dawn now and the alpha alone is as close to the fun i have had to Diablo 2 as i am going to get from any ARPG and I have tried them all.

+1

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta
16. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta Dec 13, 2013, 08:35 Undocumented Alien

Grim Dawn hit early access; I guess I was busy last month. Tempted

For a 6 person team, and still being in Alpha, Grim Dawn (GD) has been a blast to play. Act 1 is just HUGE, almost like Act 1 and 2 of D3 combined. Act 2 of GD should be coming out late this month or sometime in January. I have almost 12 hours into the game and still have a bit to go with Act 1 (I explore a lot).

As far as D3:RoS is concerned, it would have been a gesture of good will on ActiBlizz's part to not charge for this "fix" for their game, or have it cost some menial sum of money ($5) for the new character. And of course add the OPTIONAL Offline mode.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
14. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 10, 2013, 14:10 Undocumented Alien

FYI - Some screenshots for Act 2

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10708

12. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 10, 2013, 13:33 Undocumented Alien

But I don't feel sorry that I gave the developers my money. Can't say this e.g. for Diablo 3 and ActiBlizz.

+1

8. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 10, 2013, 12:40 Undocumented Alien

I hope they can make Grim Dawn less buggy. At the moment I can play for 10, max 15 minutes before I am suddenly under water, can't move and have to load a game. But it nevertheless looks good, feels good, and should be successful once the bughunt is over.

You hit that bug every time you play for 10-15 minutes? Or is it just at that location? I'm going to try to see if I can reproduce it, and if so, report it.

Like Darks, I've played for many hours and haven't seen any noticeable bugs yet.

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2013, 12:48.

2. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 10, 2013, 10:19 Undocumented Alien

If they make "Pleasant Dusk" as good as Grim Dawn is so far, they would get my business.  

News Comments > Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed
6. Re: Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed Dec 10, 2013, 10:15 Undocumented Alien

D3 Offline? WOW! That will be awesome!  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign
41. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 27, 2013, 14:41 Undocumented Alien

BitWraith wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 14:35:
If you asked most MMO fans to describe what they really want in the next, best MMO, most will describe Ultima Online, but made with modern tech.

YES!!!! The ORIGINAL, gritty, you could get killed anywhere UO.

News Comments > Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million
11. Re: Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million Nov 26, 2013, 12:02 Undocumented Alien

This is a little off topic (but somewhat related in genre), but a question to the community to see if anyone remembers this space adventure/exploration game, I can't remember the name and it's killing me -

Back in ~ 1987, I purchased a game at Radio Shack (Tandy 1000 days) that came on a couple 5.25 floppy disks and the basic premise was that you were a captain of a star ship, you started with a very rookie team and a very basic ship. As you explored the "universe" you were in, you could go onto planets and grab specimens, find technologies such as plasma blasters and better shields, and meet aliens on your journey, which could be friendly or hostile (sometimes depending on your tech) and as you got experience you could make your crew better... etc.

It was very open ended and I don't think I ever finished it (was about 15 with a short attention span), but would love to remember the name of it.

EDIT: With a little Google love I found it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starflight

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins
28. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins Nov 20, 2013, 19:08 Undocumented Alien

Grim Dawn feels a bit too much like Titan Quest in it's "stiffness".

Yeah, I agree, it's slower and stiffer than D3's combat, it is based on TQ's "older" engine so I'm not sure what they can do about it, plus they only have ~ 6 Devs.

I am enjoying Grim Dawn (what they have released so far), and I believe that the modding community will spice it up, but I would have liked to have seen some quicker action in regards to combat.

24. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins Nov 20, 2013, 16:34 Undocumented Alien

vote for Grim Dawn 2014, for your ARPG fix!

I purchased Early Access to Grim Dawn via STEAM and have played for a bit and provided feedback for Crate. It's a good aRPG and has a TON of potential. It will also supporting modding which will give it a lot of life. Imagine if D3 was moddable...

I will say, D3 has spoiled me with it's combat "action", the recently released and upcoming aRPG's don't seem to be as fluid with combat as D3 is so far (even Grim Dawn).

21. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins Nov 20, 2013, 15:16 Undocumented Alien

.net_Drifter wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 15:03:
As an aside, Path of Exile seems to require you constantly be online too, unless I'm missing something. Haven't seen nearly the ire over that, as it was with D3.

PoE is new IP, never offered an "Offline" mode historically, there is/was no expectation. Diablo has a legacy/history of providing a Single Player Offline mode, D3 gave no compelling reason why they didn't offer that, except that people would pay $$$ for items (hence the "money" grab comments).

PoE cost $0, D3 costs $60.

PoE has PvP, D3 does not.

PoE has tournaments, D3 does not.

PoE actually has good reasons to be online only (given above), D3 does not (except for RMAH).

Personally, I like PoE, but because it is online only I don't play it to much.

19. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins Nov 20, 2013, 15:03 Undocumented Alien

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 14:49:
They can do something different if that want, I have no issue with that. Just don't call it Diablo.

Amen.

611 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo