Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 606 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month
16. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 13:10 Undocumented Alien

I played the game to complete burnout (which is a good thing, enjoyed it muchly). I'll definitely jump back in at some point and this update looks like fun, a good reason to fight.

I've played exclusively with a Keyboard & Mouse, never felt the need for a joystick. Found a forum thread that had a good layout and never looked back.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2015, 13:29 Undocumented Alien

iPad = Apples; Surface 3 = Oranges

I used my 3rd generation iPad for my software consulting for ~ 2 years, it's a nice device, low low tech support needed, it just runs. Of course has tons of apps to choose from.

I just got my new Surface 3 Pro a few days ago, iPad has been handed down to my 7 y/o, iPad can't hold a candle to the productivity that the Surface 3 Pro can accomplish. Yes, it has less apps to choose from than the iPad but I can run all Windows programs and even play Pillars of Eternity (via STEAM) on it during those long flights. I can even run a Hyper-V image or two on it. For a "Tablet" that's just a little bigger than an iPad I'm blown away with the device.

iPad is a good entertainment device with lite productivity capabilities. IMHO, the Surface 3 (Pro) gives you that and more. IMHO, it does indeed "Kill it" unless you can't live w/o Clash of Clans.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
11. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 13:46 Undocumented Alien

UGH! I've barely scratched the surface with Divinity Original Sin... but I want to buy this... too much RPG goodness!!!!

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2015, 13:59.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1148. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Mar 25, 2015, 07:23 Undocumented Alien

So I grew a pair and played Open last night with my Vulture. Was hanging around the Eravate NAV Beacon to conduct some Bounty Hunting. Of course I'm cautious about other players when a CMDR in a Python starts asking me questions about the Vulture, but it ends up that he's a good guy and we talk about creating a Wing (my first time).

So being a Wing noob, the CMDR sends me a Wing invite and I have no idea how to accept the invitation... very embarrassing!!

So just for you folks out there, you type '2', then 'ESC', then use 'E' to move to the right to select the InBox icon to get to your invites. This is also documented, I didn't have it readily available.

The Wings experience was cool, a Vulture and a Python bring a lot of damage with large hard points so we were one/two shotting NPC ships. We/I ran out of time but next time doing a mission will being some challenge as it ends up being Elite Conda's a lot of times.

Anyways, Wings is a good time, look forward to doing it more.

1145. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Mar 24, 2015, 10:39 Undocumented Alien

Just purchased a Vulture yesterday and have tried it out a little. Class 3 Hard points are nice, I took down a Fed Drop Ship pretty quickly yesterday, but I do miss have 4 Hard points for variety. Also not too easy to find a variety of Class 3 weapons to choose from as of yet. Nice fighter so far though, will have to do more dogfighting with it.  

1141. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Mar 23, 2015, 12:31 Undocumented Alien

Vall Forran wrote on Mar 15, 2015, 15:20:
I'm free all day, if anyone wants to mess around and form a wing.

Has anyone from the group gotten together yet to form a Wing? I've been travelling a bit for work and haven't had time to play E:D for a while. Hope to get back to it soon.

1127. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Mar 10, 2015, 21:50 Undocumented Alien

I'm down, if you can work with a pacific time slot. I don't get home from work until 7 or 8pm (10 or 11pm eastern). Otherwise, Sunday afternoon would be the only time I'm available. (stupid avengers movie stealing my Saturdays)

I could probably do at least 10 - 11 PM EST, but by 11 I'll be toast as I have a 7 y/o that like to wake up around 5:30 AM

Where are you located now? I'll be on earlier so I can travel to your area in my Viper to be ready to roll.

1124. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Mar 10, 2015, 14:21 Undocumented Alien

Elite:Dangerous 1.2 Wings Edition is OUT - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=123871

I'll be on tomorrow night, hopefully can wing it up with some Blues peeps!

1093. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Mar 5, 2015, 10:51 Undocumented Alien

Vall Forran wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 20:54:
Oh come on! Just get a fuel scoop and you never have to worry about it. That ship is crazy fast...you don't trade in a Ferrari because it has bad gas mileage.

Anyway...I give you my new ship:

New Toy

The Type-9 fucking sucks. It's sooooo slow, has a terrible jump range and is pretty much defenseless.

This ship is an order of magnitude better on every level. It's not as fast as the Clipper, but it has a decent turn rate. I upped its cargo capacity so it's pretty much on par with a t9, but it has a much better jump range. Two jumps instead of four. And it's much more fun to fly. The only weird thing is that the cockpit is on top of the ship...to dock you have to almost scrape the ceiling...my first try through the mail slot I crashed into the wall. Took a few more attempts to figure it out.

Wow! You got a 'Conda, that's very impressive. Although my E:D wallet went screaming out the door

1034. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 20, 2015, 08:18 Undocumented Alien

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 22:49:
Ended up just over 6,000 ly from Sol, on my way back now. Looking forward to finding out how much cash I get from the exploration and how far up the explorer rankings I move...

Great job! Luckily you will be able to sell by the page at a station now instead of individually having to sell you've explored/discovered systems. Also be interesting to see what kind of repairs you have to make from such a long journey.

1029. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 19, 2015, 11:47 Undocumented Alien

Vall Forran wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 01:21:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 20:02:
Vall Forran wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 19:35:
Eleven charges?! I don't think that exists anymore.
Looking the wiki it seems you are correct. Too bad, that was quite the win. I'll miss it when I rebuild a battle ready Cobra.

This is why I think small ships are going to have a much harder time dealing with large ships. I think this is a good move by frontier. It's stupid that a viper can outpace an Anaconda with shield cells. IMO, the viper should die in five seconds.

I agree, it should take at least a 'Wing' of Vipers to take down an Anaconda. I tried taking down a 'Dangerous' NPC Anaconda last night and put up a good fight but overall couldn't do enough damage in between taking down it's shields and then my Shield Cells were spent and my shields couldn't hold off so I had to flee. Sometimes when I get 'help' from other NPC's I can take it down, but this was 1-on-1, but that's the point right, I have better success with others doing damage to it. Maybe a better pilot then myself could accomplish the goal, but I saw the writing on the wall for me, flee or get blown up.

I'm really starting to like my Viper, tough little fighter against most ships close to it's size.

1020. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 18, 2015, 17:02 Undocumented Alien

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 16:06:
Yeah, I tried the Viper first but was annoyed by the power issue, switched to a Cobra. Which I was able to get a shield bank with 11 charges for -- which was a good thing for me.

Hmm... might have to try a 'combat' Cobra then. With the Viper, using module priority, it has been acting OK, just shutting off the Cargo Hatch so far, no big issue. But some breathing room might be nice.

1017. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 18, 2015, 15:19 Undocumented Alien

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 14:44:
Vall Forran wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 14:30:
I'd definitely advise dropping out of super cruise in a nowhere section of space and testing it out.
or just outside the station so you can dock and make adjustments if needed

I gave it a quick test at the Nav Beacon and it did say "Power Limit Exceeded, Modules Disabled" when I deploy the Hard points but it only seems to shut the Cargo Hatch down and I can fight OK, so I guess I should be good to go...

1014. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 18, 2015, 14:18 Undocumented Alien

Thanks Vall! Good feedback.

These Vipers have serious power issues. With the best Power Plant (3A) I'm having a hard time with Deployed exceeding Available, right now it's 12.44 to 12.00, will this give me issues or will other components shut down if power is needed (I did set non-life threating components to priority 2)?

1012. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 18, 2015, 12:06 Undocumented Alien

Hey guys, can you take a quick look at my Viper load out and let me know if it can be improved upon?

CMDR Tooch's Viper

1008. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 18, 2015, 08:36 Undocumented Alien

Vall Forran wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 18:36:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 12:50:
By warship you mean something like a Cobra/Viper armed to the teeth
I think those ships have much better cost/damage output ratios than an Asp or Python
The Asp repair bills are no fun

Maybe. But I like the idea of having a big heavy hitter surrounded by smaller ships. I'm saving for an Anaconda (lofty goal, probably not gonna happen), but I might get a Clipper or a Python. I made $20m last night. I just have to hope I don't wear out my trade route, this shit is getting ridiculous to find.

You guys have no idea how strong class 3 weapons are... And you know you want them on your side.

Edit:

Also, if we do get a wing formed, I'd love a crack at commanding. Would be fun to all be on voice. I could take the brunt of the attack, while destroying shields, then order everyone to target the power plant of asshole1. Boooooom!

Yeah, I agree with all of this, it'd be great to have bigger ship even just for some intimidation.

I was thinking about using my Asp for combat but the rebuy cost is around 750K while my Viper is around 100K, so I can die 7x more in my Viper (which could very well happen ) before reaching the cost of losing an Asp, sounds financially correct for my current skills to be in a Viper.

And sure Vall, I'm also onboard with you being the XO for our Wing.

Here is an article about the upcoming Wings update - http://www.pcgamer.com/elite-dangerous-12-preview-flying-together-with-wings/

Look forward to the update!

EDIT - From the article, "It's called the 'Wings' update, and it will let up to four players group together to patrol the galaxies as a single unit".

Hmm, only 4 players eh? I was hoping for 6-10, but I guess with instances only handling around 20-30 people I guess that might make sense.

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 2015, 08:44.

1000. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 17, 2015, 08:19 Undocumented Alien

Traded in the fuel scoop for another 64 cargo. Up to 500t. I have to jump three times, but it's not that bad... especially since I make about $550k credits each way. I timed it and it's about 7.5 mins one way, 6.5 the other (not including station time). The time is from when I select 'launch' to when I actually land on the other docking bay.

500T of cargo space... that's pretty impressive. Like they say, takes money to make money, looks like your investments are working out for you.

In regards to grouping up together, the Lave system seems to be a "wretched hive of scum and villainy." Maybe we could go there and take on some pirates and cleanse the area

993. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 15, 2015, 09:35 Undocumented Alien

Just got back from a business trip and haven't really had time to play the new update from E:D until late yesterday... that new route planner simply ROCKS!!!! 100+ LY routes are calculated almost instantly, such a huge improvement!

With about a month away from the 'Wings' update, wanted to see where most people call 'home' so we can get in relative close proximity so we can group up and take some pirates (or whatever) down. I have my Asp and Viper based out of Eravate but could obviously move them. So, where's everyone at when not exploring?

922. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 10, 2015, 21:03 Undocumented Alien

Vall Forran wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 20:33:
seriously, though... we should form a wing. Python surrounded by vipers and asps...we could be an awesome squad!

Count me in! Can't wait for wings, hope they allow voice chat for a group.

News Comments > Diablo III Cheaters Banned
22. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 16:47 Undocumented Alien

Anyway, I know he was hit by this because he told me...outright said he's going to GD.

Grim Dawn is still in Early Access (Pre-Beta) and won't be "Ship's Ahoy" for quite a while. Also, to date, Grim Dawn is more of an 'Old-School' ARPG where they aren't making customers play online (Thank God) and MP/COOP will probably be Network/IP, so I'm not sure how much of a market there will be for Gold Farmers.

Funny how "Diablo Online" was touted (by Blizz and their army of apologists) to alleviate us from cheating... funny that... ODRM period... hasn't stopped economy problems or cheating and your forced to play a SP game online. ODRM seems to be the trend as of late.

606 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo