Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 540 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
275. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 21, 2014, 10:54 Undocumented Alien

Are you guys all around Sorbago? I'm quite far away, probably about 200 jumps.

Sorbago is about 119 Ly from me, I started in LHS 3447 and am in that general area.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

274. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 21, 2014, 10:47 Undocumented Alien

About 150+ posts ago Verno asked about coop (Wings in E:D), there is a minimal amount of it now, very basic, but we E:D players will be getting better coop early next year:

Future Features

Still having fun with the game, still learning, but pretty proficient with Landing/Docking, Jumping, coming out of jumps at the target without over/under shoot, doing missions, escaping Interdictions, etc. Still very poor CR wise but that's OK, I think the game calls me Penniless, Aimless, and Harmless

The foundation for this game is VERY solid, I look forward to the additions they add to it.

240. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 16:56 Undocumented Alien

Man... losing momentum in this game... can't really find any missions anymore. I'm staying in my 'starting' area (LHS 3447) and keep going to all the different Stations and Outposts but there are no trade or currier missions to be found most of the time, kind of a bummer spending an hour flying between these different areas and getting squat. My Rep is neutral and my status is rising in the Fed area so I'm not unwanted.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2014, 17:20.

222. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 09:00 Undocumented Alien

Picked up a Viper last night. Holy freaking shit this thing is a beast!

Man, I've stalled on making CR in the game. The first day I was able to easily get currier missions and make 3k-4k per 30 minute run but now I can't find hardly any currier missions anymore and have checked across many different stations across many different systems. I don't know if there is a finite amount of mission types per station and it's first come first serve, but it's definitely harder to find currier missions as of late.

I may go into solo mode just for a little bit and try taking down some pirates as when I use Open Mode I am constantly being Interdicted by either NPC's or Players, not that I dislike the danger, I just want to learn some game mechanics first.

195. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 18, 2014, 13:42 Undocumented Alien

Just did some reading on the FD forums, I guess they took the distress beacon out... so you die... be interesting to see how I re-spawn.

According to the forums, one should buy a fuel scoop, guess I'll look at that.

I tell my kids to learn from your mistakes, so I should eat the dog food as well

After running out of fuel and having to self-destruct my Eagle, I went and purchased a Fuel Scoop at a Station and figured out how to use it.

This stolen from the FD Forums:

"When you come out of warp, throttle to 25% and keep the yellow circle around the star *just* on the top edge of your screen, so that the star is off the top of your screen and the edge of the yellow circle is just showing at the top of your screen. Your heat will be balanced almost perfectly between 95-105% while you scoop to your heart's content."

Hope this helps others!

159. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 17, 2014, 18:32 Undocumented Alien

Never happened to me, but I hear there is some distress beacon you can activate? Someone will rescue you, it's expensive, but probably less than a new ship.

Just did some reading on the FD forums, I guess they took the distress beacon out... so you die... be interesting to see how I re-spawn.

According to the forums, one should buy a fuel scoop, guess I'll look at that.

157. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 17, 2014, 17:30 Undocumented Alien

Yep, it's 100 CR alright, know it first hand...

Another lesson in life... pay the fine... I thought that the game would automatically deduct CR from my account but it didn't... now since I didn't pay it, I became 'Wanted' (you see it on the right side of your screen).

So, the 5-o started to come after me in Fed space so I ran... and ran... and now I'm outta Fuel in a Dead Sector (no stations)... so I believe my first gank will be by my own hands...

...will know better next time.

155. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 17, 2014, 14:43 Undocumented Alien

East Coast - USA.  

154. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 17, 2014, 14:42 Undocumented Alien

You get a fine for violating no fire zones (100credit I think), and I haven't seen authority vessels near the small station... are the smaller stations armed as well?

Yep, it's 100 CR alright, know it first hand...

The 1st hour of playing the game (I didn't do beta) hanging around a small Outpost within the No Fire zone I thought it might be cute to scan another player in the No fire zone and of course hit the wrong mouse button and almost hit him/her with my Phasers I hailed the CMDR and apologized, but the Federation slapped me with a 100 CR bill. Noob mistakes!

Game is a trip

143. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 17, 2014, 13:37 Undocumented Alien

That's killer, never seen that yet (I play solo usually though), didn't even think about it!

Yeah, if I get denied I just watch for someone to leave the station then immediately request docking and I usually get in

140. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 17, 2014, 12:59 Undocumented Alien

For you guys not getting docking permission, you need to be 7.5km or closer to get permission. Might help, might not if it's a bug.

You can also get denied docking if the station is full.

130. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 17, 2014, 09:49 Undocumented Alien

Yeah already figured all of that stuff out in the Sidewinder, but damn if I can get it to work in the Eagle. It wont deploy the damn scanner (just the pulse lasers). Hope Im just doing it wrong and I wont need to submit a ticket.

I have an Eagle as well, so I just logged in to try it out (I work from home when not travelling for business ).

So, for reference I am using Keyboard and Mouse. I assigned the scanner to Fire Group 2 (Right Mouse Button). Phasers are on Fire Group 1 (Left Mouse Button). I find that if I click either the Left or Right mouse button the 'Hard Points' are automatically deployed and I can either fire phasers or scan.

So it should work pretty straight forward unless you changed a lot of defaults.

EDIT - You can also hit the 'U' key to deploy the Hard Points as that's the default.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2014, 11:17.

127. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 17, 2014, 09:10 Undocumented Alien

InBlack wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 08:57:
Oh crap. Why doesnt it deploy then...It deployed fine in the Sidewinder. (And yes I set it to fire group 2) This basic stuff shouldnt be so complicated damnit!

My scanner is set to Mouse Button 2 (Fire Group 2) and you need to make sure you press and hold down the button until the scan is complete. Should be a little progress bar in the middle of the UI to show you. Sorry if you knew this already.

Whats your CMDR Handle InBlack?

123. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 17, 2014, 08:51 Undocumented Alien

One problem I've had last night is in a system with lots of human players I was being intercepted and after I managed to escape the intersection attempt my frame rate in super cruise dropped to single digits.
I am pretty sure it was a server issue because ones I've reached the station the frame rate returned to normal but then I got dropped from the server.
I was able to log back in immediately and continue where I left off and no frame rate issues anymore.

Yeah, there was one server drop last night around 8:30 PM EST'ish, but it was quick. I had just docked and got dropped out to the main menu, but for a first day release, the server did a very good job.

When being Interdicted the screen definitely goes crazy (hard to keep pointed at Exit Vector sometimes), I'm not sure if my FPS drops or not but it does seem to recover after I escape.

The other action I need to practice on is coming out of Super-Cruise, I am always dropping out to early, then need to wait while frame cools down. Need to learn what speed is correct and what distance to drop out.

What is your CMDR handle?

113. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 17, 2014, 07:30 Undocumented Alien

Too chicken to jump there atm.

I have a lakon 6 pretty souped up (with equipment, only base lasers and point defence should someone try and gank me) worth 2.5 million. I have 1.5 million in cash. I was going to save up for the Asp, but I'm kinda eager to fight something. Maybe I'll buy another Cobra, or even a viper instead, and save the Asp for later

Dam Vall, that's some serious $$$, I'm lucky if I have about 15,000. I've been doing low payout currier missions to learn the game (dock, use system/galaxy map), will look at some higher payout stuff in a bit, baby steps as they say.

I have been jumping like a Mexican jumping bean however, the currier missions have been sending me all over the place. At least 60% of the time there has been a threat of Interdiction towards me but so far I have been able to keep my ship pointed at the Exit Vector and get away.

Overall I really like the game, a mix of X-Wing type gaming with an exploration twist. The only wonky thing I've seen is docking, sometimes it's very easy, then sometimes I have to try 3-4 times before the station accepts me being in the right spot and sometimes you even get some landing help on the radar, but not always.

65. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 15:09 Undocumented Alien

Objects are catagorized. Toxic canisters would be "Waste". If you highlight it in a commodities window, the flavor text on the right column will (usually) give you a hint where to buy it. I would guess "Industrial" zones would sell them for the cheapest. It will also list what systems it's imported from. They are usually systems right next door.

Open up your map, filter the trading list for toxic waste. Find one of the systems listed on import and then go into the system map. Click on various stations and find one that is "industrial" or whatever. Usually the stations all tend to be the same with various populations, but sometimes one will be agricultural and another industrial.

Plot your route and go trade!

Thanks Vall, I'll mess around with the map and filter interfaces and try to get some traction on understanding.

59. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 14:38 Undocumented Alien

No problem
Here are all the training videos if you did not want to do the tutorials in game

Wouldn't mind seeing some tutorials on how to do missions.

For instance, got a mission that requests 3 toxic containers...

So, my first noob question... where? 400 Billion Systems... what are some pointers to understand how to approach it.

Very much liking the game... MUCH to learn

35. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 12:02 Undocumented Alien

Getting around OK with a Mouse and Keyboard for now, might buy a wireless XBOX 360 Controller form my PC next month though, have to see how I do in my first dog fight when it comes about (in no hurry )

19. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 11:05 Undocumented Alien

InBlack wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:12:
Is there any way to enable the mouse in the cocpit menus? I was struggling to bind keys from my joystick, the whole binding system is a horrible mess.

My first mission will be "Find your pre-order Eagle". Apparently its an agile and very lightly armoured fighter, thats music to my ears. So its just like a tie fighter, basically a flying space lazer! PEW PEW!

By default, you select keys 1-4 to open function windows, then use WASD to move around and use 'Q' to cycle through Tabs, use 'Space Bar' to select menu items.

Here's also a good video for your first 40 minutes or so of how to get started if you weren't in the beta (like me). https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76729

6. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 10:09 Undocumented Alien

Playing now!!! WoOt! Haven't played a Space Sim in a LONG time, so far just doing basic stuff in the game, Launch, Land, accept some missions, etc, going to take some getting used to.

Went full open world, just diving right in!!! Loved open world PvP in UO, like that the world can be dangerous

If we ever create a 'Blues' Wings (Guild/Corp) I'd love to join in.

If you are in game, my handle is CMDR Tooch, drop me a friend invite.

Game is a blast so far, the Combat Training Tutorial was very helpful.

540 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo