Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 664 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Lunar New Year Sale
5. Re: Steam Lunar New Year Sale Feb 6, 2016, 16:38 Undocumented Alien

Witcher 3 is REALLY long in a good way. IIRC I have around 220 hours. Not one iota of that time was not fun. It's an amazing experience that, in my humble opinion, is better than Fallout 4.

I'm only about 1.5 hours into W3, so far there are a LOT of cinematics, is it like that the whole game? I like it so far, but there is a lot of cut-scene watching. The combat is MUCH better than W2, I didn't like W2's combat at all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Lunar New Year Sale
3. Re: Steam Lunar New Year Sale Feb 6, 2016, 12:38 Undocumented Alien

Had to grab The Witcher 3 at $30... just finished Fallout 4 (~75 hrs) so another epic adventure is ready to roll.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season Rebirth Reminder
2. Re: Diablo III Season Rebirth Reminder Feb 3, 2016, 18:40 Undocumented Alien

"everything is just handed to you"

Diablo3 has been like this for a LONG time.

Besides loot, it really never feels like you accomplish anything in the game as you can just simply move a rune around to do any skill at any time, there is really no character building at all.

That's what I like so much about D1, NOTHING was guaranteed and you earned what you got for armor/weapons/spells and that's what made the replay-ability so great (besides the levels dynamically built), a warrior/rogue/wizard would always be different from game to game depending on what dropped and you built your character around that.

D3 is a kindergartners version of Diablo, Blizzard messed up the game bad. Wish I could buy the license to the series and bring it back to its roots.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M
3. Re: Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M Jan 14, 2016, 10:09 Undocumented Alien

It's a great game, I played the crap out of it when it was first released and burned myself out bad, so I'll need some time before I can jump back in.

I just used the Keyboard and Mouse and was able to do quite well, I don't think you need a Joystick to be successful with it. It might help with Dog-fighting perhaps.

I agree they need better tutorials and better fleshed out missions.

I look forward to jumping back in someday...

News Comments > EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions
47. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 13, 2016, 10:19 Undocumented Alien

I agree 100% with CJ_Parker, you can't bash EA/Origin and put STEAM on a pedal-still as they only sell THEIR games on their own distributed platform as well.

Personally I have STEAM, Origin, Battle .NET, Elite Dangerous, and Epic Games Launcher on my system for various games. Do I like it? Not really, I'd rather have one source to aggregate all my games, but it is what it is, business. One is NOT better than the others, they all work fine and have their pros and cons.

As far as the topic, $5 a month isn't bad but I'd like to see more titles than 15 being available. For $10 (I would only need 2 months) I could play DA:I, that's not a bad deal. Plus I could try other games while under the subscription. If they add more to this library I'd probably do this, but doesn't draw me in just yet with these offerings.

Not a bad idea, very Netflix/Amazon Prime/Hulu

News Comments > Diablo III 2.4.0 Preview
11. Re: Diablo III 2.4.0 Preview Jan 7, 2016, 18:34 Undocumented Alien

Well, Grim Dawn is definitely an evolution of TQ, with ex-TQ developers and a modified Titan's Quest engine.

There's also some D1/D2 developers as part of the GD team. Your also not forced online, and can play Internet or LAN COOP... which as far as I'm concerned is light years better than the online DRM that D3 and PoE have.

All 3 have there +/-, but GD hangs with those two easily (plus NOT forcing you online).

News Comments > Diablo III 2.4.0 Preview
6. Re: Diablo III 2.4.0 Preview Jan 7, 2016, 08:06 Undocumented Alien

Rhett wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 00:05:
Recently got back into Grim Dawn since it's "feature complete" now (comes out of EA in February). Really good, solid game. Pretty difficult too. You cannot faceroll it like in D3, with every build, on normal. But on the other hand, a huge variety of unique builds are available.

100% agree, Grim Dawn has come along very nicely! I play on Normal Veteran (haven't opened Elite/Ultimate yet) and it is quite challenging. On my GTX 970 the graphics look VERY good and the sound and music is also very well done. I think they will be going RTP in February. For a very small dev team, Grim Dawn beats D3 in MANY categories.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2016, 08:32.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 10:26 Undocumented Alien

My 8 y/o loved it when it first came out, but even he has gotten bored with it pretty quick and really doesn't play it much anymore. He'd rather play the Pixelmon Mod for Minecraft.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 31, 2015, 09:44 Undocumented Alien

Every device and OS now collects data, all of them.

That being said, I have been using Windows 10 since it's release and have had a very smooth experience with it. Boots up fast, made my wife's laptop run better, and is easy to use for both laptops and tablets (Surface etc). I have ZERO regrets about upgrading all my PC's to it.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Free Weekend
8. Re: Sword Coast Legends Free Weekend Dec 18, 2015, 08:08 Undocumented Alien

"But if you want a very, very generic story that's poorly told through bad cutscenes and average dialogue, it's ok I guess."

Besides the cutscenes, it sounds like Diablo review.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 13, 2015, 13:09 Undocumented Alien

40 Hrs into FO4 and still very much enjoying it!

HELLDIVERS looks like it would be a fun COOP game, hope they release a demo (don't see one on the store page).

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
4. Re: Path of Exile Patched Dec 11, 2015, 11:13 Undocumented Alien

ItBurn wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 10:58:
The single biggest thing this game needs is a physics engine. Killing is simply not fun enough. Is that a planned feature?

I agree, the combat needs a kick. The game (PoE), overall, is better than D3, except for the combat.

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
4. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 10:11 Undocumented Alien

Not sure how it will really turn out, but it looks VERY impressive (not just graphics per se, but going from space exploration to station exploration (FPS) with combat).  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2015, 14:28 Undocumented Alien

PHJF wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 14:20:
Power Armor is made up of a Frame and any attached Armor pieces. When you kill a person inside of Power Armor, the Frame is destroyed while all Armor is lootable. The only means of removing a person from Power Armor without destroying the Frame is to pickpocket them of their Fusion Core, at which point they will exit the Frame.

That being said... the game is littered with frames in static locations. Nearly all static frames have a randomized selection of armor pieces already attached, with player level being a major factor in the quality of the armor found. Certain vendors also sell Frames (at exorbitant prices) and Armor pieces.

Makes sense! Tried everything, thanks for the response. Maybe I'll reload a save and see if I can get the Raider to concentrate on Dog Meat while I try to remove the Fusion Core.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2015, 13:27 Undocumented Alien

Retired wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 13:21:
Undocumented Alien wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 13:15:
Fallout 4 Players, Out of the Blue question...

I killed a Raider that was in Power Armor (laying down on the ground). How do I get that Raider out of the Power Armor so I can take it? I tried to click on the armors power core to pop him out of it, but that doesn't seem to work.

New to me, haven't seen that. (30 hours in, just scratched Diamond)

Pretty much the same (30 hrs), been concentrating on the 'top' of the map, just started interacting with the BoS in Cambridge. Will go to Diamond City soon.

This is the second Raider I've taken down in Power Armor. I have seen people sneak up behind them and take their Fusion Core which pops them out, but I can't figure out how to remove them if you just straight up end them inside the armor.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2015, 13:15 Undocumented Alien

Fallout 4 Players, Out of the Blue question...

I killed a Raider that was in Power Armor (laying down on the ground). How do I get that Raider out of the Power Armor so I can take it? I tried to click on the armors power core to pop him out of it, but that doesn't seem to work.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 08:04 Undocumented Alien

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 20:56:
Ended up getting this, and have to say it's not bad. It's not great but not bad.

Agreed, the visuals and sounds are great, A+, but really it's just Battlefield/CoD with Star Wars skins and vehicles. So I can only play BF3 in small chunks of time as it gets tedious after a few matches. Fun playing with my kid.

They (BF3 Dev) need to randomize the teams better as well. Played on some server I got plopped into (no control over where you go) and the first match was a complete wipe out, the other team completely destroyed us, it's OK, happens from time to time on public servers... next match, same teams, same domination... not much fun at this point. I'm sure they could write some algorithm that can check the score, how far both teams make it for check points, etc, and re-balance the teams. You know, so it's fun...

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Nov 23, 2015, 12:13 Undocumented Alien

Darks wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 11:55:
I many be biased, but there is no way that this shit hole of a game is better then Fallout 4.

It's not necessarily a better game, but it IS a bigger brand name, especially with SW7 coming out. I have both, enjoy FO4 for myself, and enjoy BF3 for playing with my 9 y/o. Good time to be a gamer AND a Dad

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 22, 2015, 17:18 Undocumented Alien

Kosumo wrote on Nov 22, 2015, 16:05:
I'm loving Fallout, loving it! (yes, some things could be better, does not stop me form having fun in the world that is their although I would have like to add that raider power amour to my collection of 3 power armour suits, but it was stuck in a wall!)

About 50 hours in, level 29, anit giving two shits about finding my son

Amen!

I'm from the "Commonwealth" area so it's about exploring and seeing if I find any landmarks that I have actually been to.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
70. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 21, 2015, 19:30 Undocumented Alien

Retired wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 21:48:
Sepharo wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 21:39:
Retired wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 20:59:
I don't see ANYONE playing.....worst game release of the year?

You're not checking the Steam friends list are you?

Nope, my list at Origin, just 1 joined after I posted that. Be interesting to see some numbers.

My son and I have been on full servers all the time, pretty much any time of day when we sporadically play (keeping him from zombie'ing out on gaming). BF3 has been a blast to play for both of us. While I know I'm exposing my 9 y/o to some mild violence (no blood at least), I wish there was a profanity filter I could check on his PC to turn naughty words into ****, the Mom's not thrilled with some of the F-Bombs that we see on there at times.

Fun game, gorgeous maps, and good game type variety. Will be playing this for a while.

664 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo