Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 579 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
793. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 29, 2015, 08:27 Undocumented Alien

Interesting/Good news for E:D Explorers - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=106524

"In the next Elite: Dangerous update, planets will show which CMDR first scanned and sold data on them."

Pretty Cool!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

792. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 29, 2015, 08:24 Undocumented Alien

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 07:54:
Vall Forran wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 00:15:
I don't know how you guys do those 11+ rare trade runs. That is the most boring thing ever. I tried it after a long break thinking it would be easier with a bigger jump range, but nope. Super boring.

It's sad, but I prefer my 5 ly trading route.
Necessity. I'm up to 20M cash, with probably another 8-10M sunk into a Type-6 and a battle ready Cobra. And I still can't really afford a Type-7 or Clipper to do the high volume trading... How did you get the money to buy your Clipper?

I agree, it is super boring, but super lucrative when you have a Type-6 or less and just starting off.

If I used Bounty Hunting and Exploring to make money it would take exponentially longer to make millions of CR.

I used the 11 Rare Crack run to make 10+ million in about a week or so, that allowed me to get my ASP way more quickly.

Now I have my ASP and start to explore... I make anywhere from 540-55K CR per system... slow money.

I want to get a few more high priced items for my ASP so I will probably go and do the 11 Rare Trade Run to make another 6-7 Million and then I won't worry about money for a while.

Boring, but extremely lucrative in a smaller vessel.

773. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 27, 2015, 13:07 Undocumented Alien

Good post Vall, very helpful. I'll use the system map to determine what objects might be of interest to scan.

Would also be interesting if the UI told you if a system has ever been scanned before, I know sometimes the System Icon is red in the Galaxy map but I don't think that it means it's never been scanned.

770. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 27, 2015, 11:22 Undocumented Alien

If you look at a system with 50 icy or rocky planets, move along. The exploration rank is based on the amount of money made from selling your data. It's like trading grain when you could be trading gold.

Is there an 'easy' way to tell if an object is worth scanning? For example, if I target a Wanted vessel, I can go into Contacts and see what the bounty is for the pirate and decide whether it's worth wasting ammo on.

In contrast with evaluating Stars/Planets/ect I see you can go into the System Map and see the objects of the system but there is no planet details (but there are Star details...) so it's hard to determine worth there and of course you can target them and, most of the time, get a picture of the object on your dashboard, but then you are still mostly guessing it's type. Guess I'm looking for an 'easy button' since making money exploring is tough.

I'm assuming the best way is targeting and then looking at the picture of the object on the dash... but wish there was something a little clearer.

760. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 26, 2015, 17:13 Undocumented Alien

Thanks Vall, saved me a ton of wasted time! Make Exploration a little faster and better money (in theory). They still need to make Exploration a bit closer to trading, the gap is very wide right now.  

757. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 26, 2015, 16:25 Undocumented Alien

In the same system I noticed a lot of volcanic, high metal type planets. These are great to scan, along with the black holes. Scanning rocky and icy planets is a complete waste of time. With the advanced scanner, it'll draw the icon of each planet, so you can get an idea if it's worth scanning.

Took me awhile to figure this out...I probably wasted a good hour scanning useless planets.

I thought that you got 'more' for scanning an entire system instead of just a partial scan of the system.

I've found Systems with 51+ Objects, scanned them all, and got maybe ~ 25K CR's... pretty crappy payout for ~ an hour of work. Seems apparent that Exploration is a 'side job' considering one can make 500K to a Million CR's in a hour trading. Seems like trading ROI needs a little tuning.

754. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 26, 2015, 12:37 Undocumented Alien

Wow, the ASP is a nasty bugger. I've been Interdicted a couple times scanning objects in systems and just tore the NPC aggressors up. One Cobra and one Viper have met their maker so far. So in addition to scanning I also make a few CR off bounties while in a system. Running 2 Pulse Lasers, 2 Rail Guns, and 2 Cannons. Good times!  

745. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 25, 2015, 12:54 Undocumented Alien

Trying out this exploration thing.

Yay! Made my first 10+ Million and treated myself to an ASP

It's not as pimped as Vall's, but I'll start to explore and save up for an 5A FSD so I can do 25+ LY jumps. Got the Advanced Discovery Scanner and Detailed Surface Scanner. Have to get off the 11 Jump Trade Crack for a bit

Leaving the Solo Orbiter today and heading... somewhere...

Game is incredible, can't wait to do some exploring

730. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 23, 2015, 18:28 Undocumented Alien

Thanks Vall!  

728. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 23, 2015, 15:07 Undocumented Alien

I was in the Aerial System dropping off some supplies and along the way to the Station I noticed a couple of the 'targets' specified "Conflict Zone High Intensity".

What exactly does that mean? If I drop out of Super Cruise there it will be a War Zone where I fight for either the Fed's or Imperials?

I'm in my Type-6 so don't want to drop into some nasty stuff...

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2015, 15:33.

718. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 22, 2015, 15:59 Undocumented Alien

I'm sure most of you know about VoiceAttack, a 3rd party app that allows you to dictate functions within E:D. I thought this was a pretty cool YouTube video od someone using it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4QkltClArw  

649. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 18, 2015, 22:09 Undocumented Alien

Just sharing a good E:D link: E:D Guides

Definitely look at changing the UI color scheme

639. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 16, 2015, 16:26 Undocumented Alien

Seems like there should be a way to "buy passage" to other systems within a reasonable distance, say 100 ly. That way you could relocate to another system.

Yes! Need a paid for transport service! For either your pilot or ship, either would be fine.

616. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 16, 2015, 07:32 Undocumented Alien

Give me a call, I'll fly with you.

Ha!

601. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 21:08 Undocumented Alien

So I've graduated from an Adder to a Hauler to a Cobra, selling rare's definitely boosts the bank account.

So I've graduated from an Adder to a Hauler to a Cobra to a Type-6 and now have a 100T Cargo potential.

I started to do the 11 Stop Crack Route but have some question(s).

When I get to a station, and the rare has a QTY of 4 of 20, should I actually wait there for the whole 20 QTY or just get ~ 10 and move on to the next stop?

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month
1. Re: Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month Jan 15, 2015, 20:06 Undocumented Alien

The first planned significant update will be 1.1 and will enter beta in the first week of February. Well be talking next week about how 1.1 will introduce a new way to collaborate with other players in the galaxy in preparation for 1.2s major Wings update. We have some some good news for planners of long journeys - V1.1 will also have a significant increase in the maximum distance for the route planner. Were currently looking at extending this to 1,000 light years!

MUCH needed features, look forward to Wings. Great game!

560. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 13:03 Undocumented Alien

Dacron wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 12:31:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63119

Lists max allocation you can get at each station

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=97954

71 stop rare commodity route, in a pdf. Need to be a forum member to get the pdf.

Yes, thanks, very helpful.

556. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 11:12 Undocumented Alien

Ok, so if I have a QTY of 15 rares from a station, that might be the max regardless if I wait 10 minutes or 10 years. Guess it's time to launch (at lunch of course )  

553. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 10:47 Undocumented Alien

OK, I'll sell the Adder and buy a Hauler to start off in.

So I've graduated from an Adder to a Hauler to a Cobra, selling rare's definitely boosts the bank account.

Question, how often does a rare commodity get re-supplied? I have E:D running in the background while I work and I have checked about every 20 minutes and I have not seen this resource re-supply in about 30+ minutes.

Is it not supplying or is someone simply just beating me to the purchase?

539. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 13, 2015, 10:33 Undocumented Alien

OK, I'll sell the Adder and buy a Hauler to start off in.

Thanks for the advice.

579 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo