Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for indiv

Real Name indiv   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname indiv
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mmmm... sacrilicious.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 27, 2000, 01:12
Total Comments 1188 (Pro)
User ID 2373

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
85. Re: Must defend against troll accusation Nov 23, 2004, 18:25 indiv

Warhawk (SST about where you are in HL2):

the part where I'm in the airboat-thing and I shot down a PITA bomb-dropping helicopter in a relatively open area. I had to get out and turn a handle on a platform to open a gate to proceed. Am I near a dam or something? I just took out the 2 rocket-launching vehicles and drove under the dock to jump into a tunnel to get to this location.

While you're there, here's something you can do that's a fun little extra in the game (i.e., not critical to the plot).

Get full health after you go through the gate (the one you've already raised). Do what you gotta do in there first if you want, but before you leave that side of the gate, look along the border of the valley for 2 sewer grates in the wall. One of them will be partially open. Stack some stuff up and run inside. You'll lose a lot of health from the sewage, but don't worry about it, just keep going until you've found the secret area.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - World of Warcraft
14. Re: Grr... Nov 23, 2004, 17:53 indiv

Just got back from EB and they were sold out!

Did they mention "You should have preordered"? If so, they weren't really sold out... they were just teaching you a lesson. I'm really only half joking; I've heard stories.

Not to rub it in, but I just grabbed the game at Fry's Electronics. I enjoyed the stress test enough but didn't have time to play in the open beta, so the game will still be rather fresh for me.

48. Re: The Tong Master Nov 20, 2004, 22:11 indiv

The "rookie" they poke fun at in the story was absolutely right: you shouldn't poke sausages when you barbeque them! The condescending attitude just cames off as idiotic when they make a lame mistake like that.

They were irritated because it wasn't his place to question the people higher up the ladder. They never called him a "rookie", and arguing whether he was right or wrong is really missing the point. The movie wasn't called "how to cook sausage on a bbq".

114. Re: HL2 Help Nov 19, 2004, 00:56 indiv

SST about "batteries", but I'm neither confirming nor denying that there are "batteries" in Half-Life 2:

Battery location:

There are 4 batteries you can find, even though you need to find only 2.

bed bath car windmill

I thought the windmill one was ammo or something so I pulled it down and was like "wtf is this? what a waste piling unusable stuff on the windmill like that" before I found out that I needed to find the batteries... heh

News Comments > etc.
12. No subject Nov 18, 2004, 16:39 indiv

To see if we could get anything else on this story, we contacted representatives of publisher Rockstar Games (who has the rights to Duke) to see if there were any official comments regarding the progress of the game. Unfortunately, there were none to give.

Rockstar Games owns the rights to Duke Nukem? I seem to have missed when that happened. Anyone want to fill me in?

17. Re: ... Nov 18, 2004, 10:21 indiv

The caps-lock key isn't such a good game. That's why he only pressed it once.

97. Gamepad and HL2 Nov 18, 2004, 01:30 indiv

Anyone know how to get a gamepad to work with the vehicles? I clicked "enable joystick" in the menu and my gamepad can make the vehicle go forward, backward, and my view can go left and right (but I can't turn). Nor do the buttons do anything. So does Half-Life 2 have native gamepad support or can I do anything to get my gamepad to emulate a joystick?

I'd read the manual, but then Warpig would yell at me.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Authentication Issues
9. Re: 3 hour install then freeze on startu Nov 17, 2004, 02:16 indiv

I sincerely hope you just didn't give away the end of the game or Blue's gonna cut your nads off.

He did. The game ends with Auntie Em saying "Wake up, Gordon" and Gordon wakes up and it turns out that it was all just a dream and there was no scarecrow, tinman, or cowardly lion.

Either that, or he gave away the first line of the game. I forgot which.

36. Yeah baby! Nov 16, 2004, 12:12 indiv

They closed my work building because of a gas leak or something!! God wants me to play Half-Life 2 today!

98. Re: Nov 16, 2004, 02:05 indiv

If not for daylight savings time, I'd be playing Half Life 2 right now.

(Well, I guess we all would, but I mean here in Arizona we shift between mountain and pacific ... and the last shift was to mountain time.. :()

13. Re: No subject Nov 15, 2004, 10:24 indiv

Everytime I load the page I haveto switch that thing and reload it.

I think a cookie is supposed to store all your site preferences. Are you blocking the bluesnews cookie or clearing all your cookies each time the browser exits? I changed the prefs to "oldest first", restarted the web browser, noticed that the web site saved my preferences for each visit, and wondered why the hell anyone would want oldest first.

25. Re: No subject Nov 13, 2004, 22:18 indiv

Post number: 6000

And to celebrate this momentous occasion, I'll take the opportunity to bump up my own post count by 1. Congrats!

News Comments > The Final Hours of Half-Life 2
28. the leaker Nov 13, 2004, 01:01 indiv

They caught the guy who broke into Valve's network by pretending to offer him a job? HAHAHA! That guy's an idiot!

4. Phobos Nov 12, 2004, 10:13 indiv

If you look closely at the Phobos pictures, you can almost make out the portal to Hell.

73. Re: Some EB's sold HL 2 Early.. Nov 11, 2004, 19:13 indiv

Actually, it appears that the boxed copy's game files are also encrypted.

Hmm, I knew you had to go through Steam with the boxed copy, but I didn't even think that the boxed copy would be encrypted, too. Makes sense since it's like a more secure version of when id tried to do encrypted distribution. id's method failed because the local system controlled the decryption. Valve's method is secure because a remote server controls it. Of course once they unlock the game, all bets are off, but I think it's locked down tight enough until release that I retract my previous statement.

70. Re: Some EB's sold HL 2 Early.. Nov 11, 2004, 18:38 indiv

If it doesn't work yet, so what. I think everyone should sell it early, I mean....Steam sold it early. It is the same concept. You have it loaded, you just can't play.

The biggest problem with that is the boxed copies include the unencrypted data to play, while the Steam copy includes all encrypted data without the executables making it pretty much impossible to use illegally. So as soon as people get the boxed copies, it'll be a matter of days (perhaps even hours) before it gets cracked and "everyone else" is playing except those who preordered on Steam. I doubt Valve wants to see that.

News Comments > Evil Genius Patch
1. Finally Nov 11, 2004, 18:30 indiv

This game has some serious issues out of the box. I ran into a couple of problems, but never any crash issues like a lot of people. Good to see the patch is finally out.

News Comments > Firefox Released
32. Re: Optimized Builds Nov 9, 2004, 21:02 indiv

Optimized builds are available here:

That's something lots of people overlook when talking about the advantages of open-source software. Anyone can grab the source tree and build it for a specific architecture, which can often provide some delta of improvement. With closed-source, you're limited to whatever the company provides, which is almost certainly something that runs on a base architecture for maximum compatibility.

News Comments > Spector Departs ION
12. Thief 3 Nov 8, 2004, 17:35 indiv

Thief 3 was good. Jerks.

81. Re: Stern Oct 29, 2004, 18:42 indiv

To summarize your point.

To be a genius like Howard Stern, talk about smut.

Haha!

Actually that thing that just flew right over your head was my point.

1188 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo