Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for indiv

Real Name indiv   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname indiv
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mmmm... sacrilicious.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 27, 2000, 01:12
Total Comments 1188 (Pro)
User ID 2373

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Thief 3 Q&A
28. Re: Ok, everybody now Jul 9, 2003, 21:04 indiv

I would say the not killing is more of a personal challenge you can set for yourself, than a part that fits into the story

Plus, if the developers did it right, the ability to complete the game without killing a single person would add another level to the game that people could enjoy. Anyone can blackjack or stab their way through a level, including through the "boss" character. But it'd be so much slicker if the players could sneak through the entire game, perhaps planting false evidence in certain stages (as an expert-level option), or steal certain things belonging to rivals, that would cause a victory condition without Garret ever having to kill someone directly. The rivals could finish the job for Garret, and none would be the wiser.

That'd take a bit more effort to create, but that's the gameplay dynamic people think of when talking about the ability to complete the game without personally getting your hands dirty.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gangland Announced
21. Re: No subject Jul 9, 2003, 01:19 indiv

huh? explain please? I don't play Sims online...

Perhaps he's refering to this story, which was featured here on Blue's News a couple days ago:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/fun.games/07/05/misbehaving.online.ap/index.html

News Comments > Game Development & ods
2. Re: mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Jul 9, 2003, 00:16 indiv

... or as they'd say in the Half-Life community, ODS.

News Comments > Thief 3 Q&A
10. Did he answer the question? Jul 9, 2003, 00:13 indiv

Question: Will the player ever be required to kill in order to finish a mission?

Answer: You can finish this game without ever getting caught, ...

So should we deduce that there will be required kills in the game since he completely avoided answering that question?

edit: didn't close the italics! And bahahaha to the concept of fraudrickson.
This comment was edited on Jul 9, 00:15.

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: TR: AoD Jul 7, 2003, 21:22 indiv

Uh oh... I think Ray has begun the downward spiral to becoming a jaded gamer.

News Comments > Tron 2.0 Demo
72. Re: Leak Jul 7, 2003, 00:13 indiv

NOT!. It was a leak by a german magazine. Buena fucked it over by calling it official. There's your answer.. It was an alpha build. Just wait till the game hits the shelves.

So... the game company (or publisher, rather) gave the German magazine an alpha build to release on their cover CD? Right.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: CDs Jul 2, 2003, 22:51 indiv

Can someone explain to me why music CDs are so cheap they can be freely distributed with throw-away soda cups while at the same time being sold for $17.99 at the mall?

You're being ripped off if you're paying $17.99 per CD. You can buy cheap ones in packs of 50 for like 10 bucks or so. No jewel cases though.

Seriously, though, I agree that CDs are too expensive. But I really don't like the argument that since they cost pennies to produce they should cost pennies. You have to pay people for production, studio time, marketing, retail space, interns, and hordes of other expenses.

You'll find that most high-end electronics are made of very inexpensive components. Where does all the cost come from? Design and production, not materials.

News Comments > Raven Shield Patch Plans
8. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2003, 22:48 indiv

a) The game rely more on twitch reflex rather then realistic strategy, wich is slightly pethetic for a game marketed has being realistic.

The game is based around storming buildings to remove the threat, and that's all reflexes. Breach a door, run inside, identify the threats, and neutralize them. All within a couple seconds. The game is total reflex.

I suppose that multiplayer is a bit different. Everyone just runs around the map so even if you're storming the building you just have to camp and eventually the enemy will come your way.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
10. Re: evercrack? Jun 27, 2003, 16:11 indiv

So anybody got any tips as to how to not get addicted? ive seen the dagame its done on friends and i dont want to fall into the same trap,..

It depends on whether or not you have the willpower to stop doing something you enjoy. If you have willpower, you can set up time limits for yourself and strictly adhere to them, or cancel your EQ account if you ever realize that the game is having an adverse effect on your regular daily activities. But nothing you put in place to regulate your playing is going to work if you don't have the willpower to stop.

Of course, you can always just jab yourself in the eye periodically while playing... that way whenever you think of Everquest you'll think of excruciating eye pain, so you'll never want to play.

46. Re: Wait a minute Jun 26, 2003, 20:58 indiv

Now, not to be a troll or anything, wouldn't seeing a tank (or other target) melted into a pile of smoldering steel indicate to the pilot that their weapon had, indeed, been correctly fired. Sheesh.

And if they miss?

40. Re: castle game Jun 21, 2003, 00:19 indiv

Arrg I wish somebody had told me earlier that the third wizard spell was a conversion spell. I'm was at level 23 with 35 archers and 9 wizards and I kept forgetting to convert new people. Now after seeing such enormous numbers that some of you have, I read the instructions and found out that I can get a spell to convert people... I've like tripled my recruiting rate.. wooo!

Anyway, those enemy bombers are my saving grace. I should send a thank-you card to the enemy commander for sending those guys in.

edit:
Haha, tripled was an understatement. Went from 9 wizards to 110 in a round. This game is cool.
This comment was edited on Jun 21, 00:31.

News Comments > Impossible Creatures Patch
6. Re: Is this the patch Jun 20, 2003, 02:32 indiv

If that's the case, then your post must have been a weak attemt at trying to call ME gay. I get it.

Wow, you figured it out in just a little over 2 hours! That makes you smarter than I figured from your average post, but still quite stupid.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 02:40.

4. Re: Is this the patch Jun 20, 2003, 01:37 indiv

Hey, I wasn't the one asking how to remove "the gayness"; nor am I the one with the sig about unleashing the fredster.

And your homophobia is a sure sign of latent homosexuality, by the way.

2. Re: Is this the patch Jun 20, 2003, 00:03 indiv

that removes the gayness?

Sorry, I think the gayness is permanent.

Oh, you meant from the game! I misunderstood.

61. Hatch's Web Site Jun 19, 2003, 22:05 indiv

Hatch's web site was hacked, for those who are interested.

http://www.senate.gov/~hatch/index.cfm?Fuseaction=Students.Utah

Click on the "my utah search" in the lower right. Not work safe due to boobies.

53. Re: The Dude Jun 19, 2003, 01:47 indiv

<the dude> I have every fleck another airframe and philosophy have exerted it out our hobo. Reassuringly it spread up a prolongation. Why is another horseman either cytoplasm enchantingly? Across half every appeal he was a scurvy astride historian, all patenting though half synthesis. </the dude>

Don't forget to put random words in quotes to "emphasize" them.

News Comments > New DOOM 3 Engine Game
6. freebie Jun 18, 2003, 23:05 indiv

I hope this one's free too! I'm having tons of fun with Enemy Territory, so I'm looking forward to whatever else this company churns out.

27. Re: Got a question Jun 16, 2003, 23:28 indiv

Is Blue's News associated with UGO? Or is the little button on the top of the an ad? I've seen it there about 10000 times but never bothered to ask.

Perhaps you'll find your answers here:
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=postmessage&boardid=1&id=0&threadid=7142

and here:
http://www.ugo.com/services/about/mediakit/press.asp/press,11051999

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Screenshots
18. Tribes! Jun 16, 2003, 23:20 indiv

Looks good! As long as the keep the Tribes "vibe", I'll be happy. Well, the Tribes 1 vibe. Tribes 2 was pretty fun, but I'm one of those people who thinks Tribes 1 was superior.

Come get some!
The enemy has our flag!
I've had worse!
Shazbot!

And finally, a comic that basically sums up my days playing Tribes.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=1999-01-20&res=l

News Comments > New BF1942 EoD
3. Re: I wonder.. Jun 15, 2003, 20:22 indiv

Doesn't seem like it'd be too complicated to come up with a percentage, as long as they've designed their mod and have a list of features they want to implement. The percentage would then be how many of those features they've completed.

And of course, you can apply different weights to each feature if you want to get all complicated, but that's probably about it.

1188 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo