Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for indiv

Real Name indiv   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname indiv
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mmmm... sacrilicious.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 27, 2000, 01:12
Total Comments 1188 (Pro)
User ID 2373

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Misc Jul 31, 2003, 14:29 indiv

#1. Primate story? I'm guessing it's supposed to be satire-poorly written satire, but satire nonetheless.

Gee, an article saying that any monkey can program? You really went out on a limb guessing that it was satire.

As for the redneck test, I scored a 13. However, there should have simply been an "I don't know" response on every question. I ended up guessing correctly on at least 50% of the ones I got right! Maybe that just says something about me on the subconscious level, though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: Hypothetical Situation Jul 29, 2003, 21:32 indiv

Oh, you mean like this?

Now you've gone and hurt his feelings.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Delayed
38. Aarrg. Jul 29, 2003, 21:07 indiv

Aarg. That's about all I have to say about it.

22. Re: No subject Jul 29, 2003, 17:44 indiv

What would be ironic is if a terrorist group front who was planning something "bet" that whatever they were planning was going to happen. Then they win the money, and use it to fund something else, etc.

No matter how hard I try, I just can't imagine the people responsible sitting down in a room, planning this market thing, and actually thinking this idea was good.

News Comments > DOOM 3 at QuakeCon
47. Re: Hmmm Jul 29, 2003, 04:09 indiv

Maybe people are starting to realize, that first they bitch and moan about id never doing anything different, then suddenly when id DOES do something different, they bitch about the change?

Maybe it's not the same people.

News Comments > Lionheart Demo
33. Re: Demo was OK. Jul 29, 2003, 03:44 indiv

screen resolution is too low as well. I will stick with Diablo games.

Wow, a Diablo player complaining about resolution? What's Lionheart's max then, 320x200?

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: Ok, what is this... Jul 28, 2003, 01:41 indiv

And sure, they could ask an ISP to change an account, but they're (the poster) saying the ISP willingly changed over all the billing information and account info to a different person?

For the record, I used to work at an ISP years ago and we'd do stuff like this all the time. In the field of computers, working at an ISP is analogous to working at McDonalds, from my experience. The most entertaining situation related to changing billing info over was a feuding husband and wife who kept calling back and taking control over the account--we didn't particularly care either way. If a simple PPP modem account was worth hacking, it'd be easy to do a little "social engineering" with the ISP to obtain the passwords.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

News Comments > Dear Diary
2. Re: No subject Jul 26, 2003, 14:25 indiv

them

What do I win?

5. EXIT MUNDI Jul 26, 2003, 13:58 indiv

Ahh, what better reading on a Saturday morning than a site all about human-extinction scenarios?

35. Re: looni Jul 25, 2003, 19:40 indiv

Ran across this today. I haven't been reading the boards the last few days so i don't know if anyone found it yet but here you go. Check the name attached to the third question.

Whoa, crazy! Pretty cool to have his question (more like a statement) printed, but pretty sucky to have the response be "You betcha." .. haha Poor loony.

66. Re: Ray Jul 25, 2003, 10:11 indiv

However, as long were talking about him, I have to admit I absolutely *despise* the way he signs off with a sentence every post. I couldn't tell ya why, but it really just irks the heck out of me.

I always thought it was a catchy way of ending a post. I often find myself typing a similar-style post ending, but then I erase it because I don't want to rip off Ray's trademark ending. Anyway, I wish the best to Ray as well--I consider myself a gaming optimist (although a gamer pessimist), and it's nice to have at least 1 other optimist on these boards.

Wondering what Santiago's deal really is,
indiv

Wondering

News Comments > Tech Bits
10. Re: Hard-disk drive industry braces for tec Jul 23, 2003, 23:53 indiv

Nah, man. You've got that TOTALLY wrong! Everyone knows that stacking stuff vertically makes is faster. It's like the way tower cases are faster than desktops - it's all in the stacking!

Yeah, but you have to know your system. If you are running a system that reads from the hard drive a lot, you'll want to place the hard drives higher than the processor, so that the data coming from the hard drive doesn't have to fight gravity all the time.

It's really a complicated field of study.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Hardware Requirements
49. Real-time shadows Jul 17, 2003, 23:20 indiv

Last I had heard, they were debating about whether they would let the players turn off the real-time shadows, since so much of the engine (and probably atmosphere of the game) was devoted to the shadow effects. I guess these low system requirements mean that they decided to let the players turn off real-time shadows.

News Comments > New Half-Life 2 Movie
11. Re: Half Life 2 Jul 16, 2003, 23:19 indiv

I really think the game will look better than that if you have the appropriate hardware.

Valve has said that they're not going for Doom 3 quality or whatever, so I think what we're seeing is about as good as it's going to get. That being said, I think it looks damn good--so much so that I'm not entirely sure I'm watching the same video as the rest of you guys.

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2003, 21:10 indiv

About $45 a year, and lots of other people pay, too. Oh wait, what was Costco, BJ's, and Sam's thinking?

So you pay $45 a year to go into Costco every once in a while to try their free samples?

99. Re: Dude Jul 15, 2003, 10:15 indiv

... and 'invid'.. what kind of gibberish are you trying to immitate?

Gibberish?! I'm insulted!

92. Re: Dude Jul 15, 2003, 00:41 indiv

AS I've said: I don't have any problems meeting women.

Incontestably, because you probably emit vocal outputstrations of the normal variety instead of how you translate your infectius malpropriasms to the "written" channel of the ""internet"". It would be tremendously cognizance of one to envisage that you can't riffle through a thesaurus at such an expeditious pace in real time as to preserve a genuine confabulation.

edit: for clarity.
This comment was edited on Jul 15, 00:50.

News Comments > Enemy Territory Map Editor Tomorrow
6. Re: . Jul 10, 2003, 21:47 indiv

You almost made me feel guilty about calling artillery strikes on the enemy's spawn points... oh wait, no you didn't.

It's all part of the game. I've been seeing a lot of people complaining about the panzerfaust and the flamethrower recently, too. The game would be pretty boring if everyone just ran around with the Thomson. Generally it's the people who think they are skilled because they are at the top of the scoreboard--but NEWS FLASH, if you were skilled you wouldn't be getting killed every freakin time you come across someone with a panzerfaust!

Anyway, been waiting for an Enemy Territory post so I could vent. There are a lot of things about this game that annoy me, but it's damn fun.

News Comments > The Phantom Menace?
3. It's so simple! Jul 10, 2003, 20:40 indiv

bad things will happen, starting with violation of the terms under which you will lease or purchase the Phantom.

Of course!! I don't see why nobody ever thought of that before! Just add a "do not modify" clause to the licensing terms, and nobody will dare break that!

sheesh.

This thing's going to be a joke to break, I bet, just like DVD CSS encryption was. Then all it'll take is a simple proxy that redirects the console's download requests to a pirated-game repository, and bam, all the games at the click of a button.

If this console is in any way popular, that'll happen. If it's not popular, there's less and less chance that somebody who knows what he/she's doing will attempt to crack the thing. That's my prediction.

103. Re: Enough is enough. Jul 9, 2003, 21:07 indiv

more like fraudrickson = lame impersonator

Jealous?

1188 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo