Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for indiv

Real Name indiv   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname indiv
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mmmm... sacrilicious.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 27, 2000, 01:12
Total Comments 1188 (Pro)
User ID 2373

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Q&As
7. Re: Great... Aug 18, 2003, 01:16 indiv

nvrmind i found it .. Skynet by Betheda softworks

Skynet was a bad-ass game. It had vehicles and just about the same driving model as Battlefield 1942 today. There were a lot of groundbreaking games back then that dipped below the mainstream radar, though, and never became really popular. Oh well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Jedi Academy Gold
26. Re: hahaha Aug 14, 2003, 01:27 indiv

Im a very secure GEEK!!

Liar.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Infinite Monkeys Aug 10, 2003, 19:08 indiv

That Monkey Shakespeare Simulator is a riot. I've had it running all day and have gotten 4 characters to match so far. Wooo!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Anti-Aliasing Fixed
75. Re: Hey greenie! Aug 9, 2003, 16:44 indiv

What makes you think the questions are the reason for that?

I don't know for sure... I'm just assuming that they are like me and don't like to post in threads with a high moron count.

edit: I'm->I
This comment was edited on Aug 9, 16:44.

News Comments > Operation Iraqi Freedom Patch
4. Re: truth? Aug 9, 2003, 13:31 indiv

patch to let you drop napalm ... just like in the real invasion

I know you're trying to be clever and all, but I thought I'd point out that the US doesn't use napalm. You should replace that word with like "bunker buster" or something, and then maybe you'll actually be as witty as you were trying to be.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
8. Gaming Aug 8, 2003, 19:42 indiv

Stephen Heaslip - I'm still playing tons of Battlefield 1942...

Oh, sure, he can tell HomeLAN what he's playing currently, but what do we get when we ask? NOTHING!

27. Re: No subject Aug 7, 2003, 19:38 indiv

What if I personally type in "No subject" in the subject line. Is that not a real subject then?

I think the point is a descriptive subject, not just any subject. So if your message is about not having a subject, I suppose a subject of "No Subject" would be suitable.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Anti-Aliasing Fixed
51. Re: Hey greenie! Aug 6, 2003, 18:03 indiv

Sorry if you took my post the wrong way. It wasn't meant to be demeaning.

It should have been, though. Every time a 3D Realms developer posts here, no matter what the topic, someone always has to chime in with a question about Duke Nukem. And then the developers don't post for another 6 months. It doesn't matter how innocent the post is, as you mentioned, but some people don't get it. ... Or maybe they like a gaming-community forum to be devoid of anyone actually in the industry.

I know the original post wasn't meant to be a jab at Duke Forever, but come on... it couldn't have been asked elsewhere? Like, oh, the 3D Realms forums, or some other forums related to Duke? Or asked in Out of the Blue?

sigh. Sorry, I'm just tired of people chasing the developers away.

72. Re: blah Aug 6, 2003, 15:32 indiv

Dude, I loved that flick!

Plus, UHF had one of the all-time classic lines in movie history. Perhaps it's not all that PC these days, but I still get a kick out of when the Asian man ("YOU'RE SO STOOOOOPID!") jumps out of the supply closet as a surprise attack and yells "SUPPLIES!"

Classic.

69. Re: Misc. Aug 6, 2003, 15:29 indiv

Now it seems that it was only because they didn't have any that were just the right size. Damn!

Well, since we're on the topic of mini-nukes and movies, I'll bring up the movie Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie. It's a documentary of US nuclear testing, and one of the slickest nukes that they show in the film was an artillery-sized nuke that they shot out of a regular modern-day artillery cannon.

If I remember correctly, the term mini could be applied only to its physical size. I think the blast radius was pretty large still.

News Comments > New Half-Life 2 Movie
52. Re: BUGGY! Aug 5, 2003, 01:05 indiv

I mean, if you're gong to be anal over spelling, then you should also try and use correct syntax - commas in the right spot, control units and support units joined correctly, you know?

Try to use correct syntax.

(Haha, couldn't resist.)

7. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2003, 13:52 indiv

37.86982% - Major Geek

Hmm... my brain seems to contain too much worthless knowledge. The computer questions put me over the top.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2003, 13:45 indiv

WTF?!

After having downloaded and played Stair Dismount, I can attest that your assessment is accurate...

wtf?!

News Comments > Half-Life 2/ATI Bundle?
15. Re: Sweet Aug 3, 2003, 13:36 indiv

This is in reply to a prevous post you made to me here:
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=43282&boardid=1&id=103287&view=flatnew&start=0

Then reply to the message IN THAT THREAD! Jeez, what's wrong with you?

Edit: Ok, I see that you did reply to it in that thread. In that case, we don't need notifications in every other thread on the board that you replied to the message.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 13:37.

31. Re: Some news from Ray Aug 3, 2003, 05:02 indiv

Quality over quantity, The Truth.

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Q&A, Video
32. Re: Player: Quicktime Aug 1, 2003, 22:30 indiv

I viewed it with Quicktime 6.3 without problems. If it's not working, you probably have to update your version of Quicktime, or you b0rked your video codecs somehow and screwed up Quicktime movies.

As for the video, it's pretty neat, but the bodies are way too "jiggly". They should tighten it up a bit and then they'll have something cool looking. Also, I think there's something ugly about the player models in flight. I hope they improve that, also. Other than those 2 complaints, it looks like a Tribes game, so that's a plus.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: DVD burner sales on fire. Aug 1, 2003, 21:48 indiv

I'm by no means an expert in the field, but feel free to post questions...I've been messing around with video editing (vobs, compression, trying to figure out how to do custom menus, etc) a lot lately and am getting my feet wet.

What software are you using to do DVD menus and stuff with, and how easy is it to use? I recently got a DVD writer (only does +R ... I didn't know anything about the different formats when I bought it, and I bought the cheapest one... doh) and I'm going to try my hand at transferring videos to DVD. I just want something easy to use, but somewhat powerful as far as customization goes.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Distribution & Mod Plans
18. Re: HL2 Steam discount? Aug 1, 2003, 16:49 indiv

Distributors really hate being undercut, and have alot of power by refusing to carry stuff, except with a huge game like HL2 where Valve and Vivendi can do whatever they want. Would EB or Best Buy have the balls to decline to carry HL2 because they were been undercut by direct sales?

I've never worked retail, so I don't know the politics of it all, but I'd imagine that if a publisher undercut the retailer on such a big seller like Half-Life 2, the retailer would be a lot less easy to work with in the future when the publisher comes back with some no-name title that they want prime shelf space for.

But price is the only incentive I can think of for downloading instead of buying. I don't mind downloading from Steam and burning the copy to a disc, but if it's the same price, I'd rather have the box with the artwork and manual, if any (don't copy that floppy!).

Maybe they're equalizing the downloaded version and the retail version by making the retail box contain no box art, and inside the box is a burned cd of the game.

40. Re: Misc Jul 31, 2003, 20:41 indiv

For that matter, what melody is this based upon?

Sung in the tune of Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody.

38. Re: Misc Jul 31, 2003, 20:29 indiv

Haha, that was great, nin! Much better than fred's poetry.

And I think this most-recent bout of deletions is just fred deleting his own posts again.

1188 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo