Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for indiv

Real Name indiv   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname indiv
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mmmm... sacrilicious.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 27, 2000, 01:12
Total Comments 1188 (Pro)
User ID 2373

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: re: Redmond readies search war plans. Mar 30, 2004, 00:45 indiv

Instead of trying to copy what has already done successfully, Microsoft should concentrate on making their own products better, since much room for improvement still exists.

I completely agree!! I mean, why should they bother with this stuff when their current products require improvement? Take, for example, MSN. Their search feature sucks ass! Why doesn't Microsoft impro...

oh... umm... yeah.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Playas Mar 29, 2004, 15:27 indiv

Actually, they're probably currently bitching about no government funded healthcare right now.

And while we're making baseless assertions just to evoke reaction, I'd say that these are probably also the people who turn into vampires and eat puppies! Bastards!

News Comments > Far Cry Patch
56. Re: hebrew_national Mar 28, 2004, 05:14 indiv

It isn't exaggeration to play a game the right way and not be a pansy girl.

Haha, sounds like you're actually the one playing like a pansy girl. Always creeping through the level bit by bit making certain never to trip more than one in-game trigger at a time. Yes, the safe road is also the pansy road.

7. Bagpuss Mar 27, 2004, 17:00 indiv

Damn, glad Bagpuss is all right after that. Must have been pretty crazy.

News Comments > Consolidation
6. Re: Consoles Vs. PC Mar 26, 2004, 15:30 indiv

I still can't believe that they picked that name. Like anyone is really going to call their console the Apex Extreme instead of the Ape Extreme...

News Comments > Carmack at GDC Follow-up
20. Re: Observation Mar 26, 2004, 15:22 indiv

Flashback: id announced that their next game, Quake3, would be deathmatch/multiplayer only, causing an industry-wide and community-wide uproar.

Flashback: Dynamix released Starsiege Tribes in 1998, beating Quake 3 to market by an entire year. id's original idea wasn't so original anymore.

edit: Doh, pwn3d by Sty.
This comment was edited on Mar 26, 15:23.

News Comments > Steam Update
13. Error reporting Mar 25, 2004, 20:43 indiv

One thing I think is cool is the error-reporting scheme in Steam. I haven't actually installed Steam yet but I read that Steam's error-reporting mechanism allows the developers to go directly to the line of code that crashed a client instead of the developers having to attempt to reproduce the exact circumstances of a crash. I bet if they include this functionality in their future games (HL2), they'll end up with the most solid games on the market.

Well, I think it's a good thing, but the more paranoid out there will probably rally against it. (Although with the previous state of Valve's internal network, maybe that's not such an unreasonable thing...)

News Comments > Pandora Tomorrow Demo Tomorrow
6. Press release Mar 24, 2004, 14:37 indiv

On Thursday which team will choose?

Which team will choose what? I don't get it.

News Comments > Game Development & Mods
6. Re: Torque Engine Mar 23, 2004, 19:42 indiv

I'm still waiting for all these great Torque Engine games to emerge.

Oh, come on now. The games are already here! Killer titles like Marble Blast, Bridge Construction Set, and Marble Blast Gold!

http://www.garagegames.com/pg/browse.php

Not to mention they have an art pack for the engine exclusively devoted to Barrels, Crates, and Drums (nod to OMM).

(but in all seriousness, I actually think the idea behind the Torque Engine is rather cool)

25. Re: Missing Media of the Day Clip Mar 23, 2004, 14:20 indiv

A google search for "dog humps pikachu" turns it up here:

http://www.modernhumorist.com/mh/0205/free/

66. New Ad Mar 23, 2004, 02:35 indiv

I dig the new ad. Way better than those ads that take over the page or make sound. All it does is sit benignly at the top of the page. Big deal.

31. Re: Who will win? Mar 22, 2004, 00:27 indiv

I'm going to have to go with shark based on sheer mass. But you'll have to let me know how it turns out because I'm heading to bed now.

News Comments > New AMD CPU
8. Re: 64 bits.. for me to poop on Mar 18, 2004, 15:56 indiv

Actually, it's considerably slower since you have to push twice the amount of data around to manipulate a 64-bit integer as you do a 32-bit one.

Are you assuming that they're going to leave the bus width at 32 bits or something?

News Comments > QuakeCon 2004
8. Re: Someone had to say it Mar 16, 2004, 19:19 indiv

i cant believe there is only one gaylord comment!

Oh yeah, you can milk anything with nipples!

11. Re: No subject Mar 14, 2004, 16:23 indiv

Sorry, that's not pi.

3. Re: WoT movie. Cool Mar 13, 2004, 14:12 indiv

I'm only in Upper Seattle though, right at the beginning of the game.

So young, so innocent, so idealistic. Wait until the end of the game and see how you feel.

News Comments > Unreal Vulnerability
29. Re: How much of a problem? Mar 13, 2004, 13:48 indiv

Or better yet, as was posted above, please just nuke the whole topic. This guy is just doing a lot of shouting trying to get his 15 minutes. This bug has been fixed in the current code (hell, it's even fixed in the demo).

But the point is there hasn't been patches for any other version of the engine! What's the point if Epic has fixed the bug in their newest engine but all their servers are still vunerable? Is it supposed to make the admins of UT2K3 servers and America's Army servers feel better that UT2K4 isn't vulnerable anymore?

The good news is that the crash exploit is simply a bug in UnrealScript, meaning that server admins can patch the problem themselves. But that certainly doesn't mean it's no longer an issue.

edit: spelling
This comment was edited on Mar 13, 13:49.

News Comments > kill.switch Demo
18. Kill Switch Mar 11, 2004, 21:18 indiv

... klick!

News Comments > Consolidation - DOOM 3 Coop?
9. Co-op Mar 9, 2004, 23:40 indiv

Damn, that dev house doing the X-Box version is really on top of things. Good for the X-Boxers, bad for us.

51. Re: Enough of Enahs Mar 8, 2004, 01:09 indiv

d00d, wtf, pie su><0rs!

Oh, come on. Just because you can't appreciate the finer points of pie doesn't mean it su><ors. You merely dislike pie, but pie in and of itself doesn't su><or.

1188 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo