Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for indiv

Real Name indiv   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname indiv
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mmmm... sacrilicious.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 27, 2000, 01:12
Total Comments 1188 (Pro)
User ID 2373

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > DAoC Account Splitting
2. 40? Apr 22, 2004, 13:19 indiv

40 freakin' dollars to move a character from one account to another?? Oy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: better toilets Apr 17, 2004, 19:21 indiv

Invest in a more modern toilet, like a power-flush or vacuum-assisted toilet if you're having "difficulties".

http://www.theplumber.com/fhb.html

9. Re: Yetris Apr 17, 2004, 13:28 indiv

Booya! 451.58, total movement 1253.22. I think I'm done for a while now.

News Comments > Sacred Patch
4. Buggiest Game Ever? Apr 15, 2004, 14:42 indiv

I'm disappointed to see that they didn't fix some of the more glaring multiplayer bugs (haven't played single player so I don't know if the same things happen) in this patch. I'd like to see fixes for skills that spontaneously stop working, problems with being able to mount and dismount a horse, horses being perpetually confused, ... and I could go on and on. Oh well.

News Comments > Painkiller Patch
40. Re: Safedisc Apr 15, 2004, 09:49 indiv

The problem software isn't a cd image mounting program anyways, because that won't even circumvent copy protection- you STILL need a crack, which you need to use something along the lines of softICE (debugger)or a decompiler and a bit of knowledge to accomplish that.

Actually, no. The reason that Safedisc added the checks that prevent the game from running is because Safedisc is so rediculously weak. I don't know much about Alchohol 120%, but I do know that Daemon Tools has Safedisc emulation, which in theory makes the application think that the game is running from a legitimate disc even when it's actually an image. I say in theory because I've never actually tried it.

This whole thing is just the copy protection's way to try to make up for having such a worthless scheme. When it comes to the point that even casual copiers have the tools necessary to break your protection, it's sad.

42. Re: Anybody else get this? Apr 13, 2004, 23:01 indiv

edit - apparently this will only load if you are registered on their forums. I guess if I wasn't feeling so lazy I could just post it on my server....

You tease!

News Comments > Starsiege TRIBES & TRIBES 2 for Free
6. Wow! Apr 10, 2004, 16:28 indiv

That's just plain awesome, and quite smart of Sierra to recruit people into the franchise before the release of Vengence. I've always wanted to reinstall Tribes 1 and see if there are any good servers around still, but I had such a customized config (lots of scripts) that the thought of reconfiguring the thing makes me cringe. Maybe after this rerelease I'll give it a go...

Good move, but I still don't forgive them for cutting loose Dynamix...

News Comments > Painkiller CD Woes
49. Re: hahaha Apr 9, 2004, 17:11 indiv

You can add random ones in there to keep them busy, false alarms, etc. Anything to make their job hard to do.

The only purpose that will serve is to make the developer somehow feel better that it took someone 2 days to crack the game instead of 2 minutes. Except that it probably would take the developer weeks to incorporate such schemes into the game, so it's pretty much throwing money away.

Nothing's uncrackable as long as you can hook into a program with a debugger (aside from online server-side protection), so making schemes more complex won't buy the developer anything. As for the CD-key blacklist thing, it's been tried before in realms other than games. Doesn't help.

29. Re: Battle of the Fictional Characters c Apr 8, 2004, 21:23 indiv

I've always used the inverted mouse, it just seems natural to me.

I thought the same thing once, and couldn't play without the mouse inverted. Then I went over to a friends house once and played a game for a number of hours with the mouse not inverted (I didn't want to muck up his controls because I hate it when people do that to my games). Even after just a few hours when I got home I couldn't go back to using an inverted mouse. Now whenever I come across an inverted mouse it's unplayable for me. Crazy stuff.

62. Re: No subject Apr 7, 2004, 01:22 indiv

Gynecologist.

Bahahaha! Brilliant, man!

News Comments > CoD Action Figures, GotY
15. Re: Well, well Apr 7, 2004, 01:19 indiv

Not joining the party was pretty much a direct result of his death (read up on that, its interesting).

Yeah, it's probably safe to say that death prevented him from joining the Nazi party.

(sorry, maybe I'm just reading that wrong but I thought it was funny)

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. BBS's Apr 6, 2004, 13:41 indiv

I saw that someone on the Slashdot msg boards posted a link to http://www.bbsmates.com/. Talk about a blast from the past. I just played a game of Legend of the Red Dragon, but I got killed by Bran the Warrior.

Good times.

8. Re: Links in comments Apr 3, 2004, 17:02 indiv

Could someone please remind me how you put labeled links in comments?

The only way you can put a hyperlink in these message boards is to type the whole thing out: http://www.bluesnews.com/. That's it.

42. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2004, 15:47 indiv

Here's my question: Since the fetus has a potential to become an independent living thing, does that mean that every time I wack-off, I'm killing whole generations of young?

I'm going to make up some numbers because I really don't feel like researching the issue, but I'd say it's a matter of probability. Nature dictates that people waste a lot of reproductive resources, and that's just how things are, so no, you're not really killing whole generations of young.

Only 1 sperm can fertilize an egg, so the probability per sperm that it will fertilize an egg and create a human is probably around, oh 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001% (answer truncated because I don't want to mess up the message-board width--but really, think about how small the probability is per individual sperm). We exist in such a way that it's a fact of life that just about all of the sperm men produce will be wasted.

The probability that an egg will be fertilized and become a person over the lifetime of a woman is also very, very small (0.0000000001%, let's say). Again, it's a fact of life that not every egg will be fertilized.

A simplistic way of obtaining very rough percentages would be to say that on average, every man/woman pair has n children. So for men, sperm success rate would be [n / (total sperm produced] and for women it'd be [n / (total eggs produced)]. As mentioned above, these numbers are very, very small.

However, the probability that a fertilized egg becomes a person is probably close to 100% for a healthy woman in the United States. That's probably where the argument you're talking about comes from.

28. Re: GG America Apr 2, 2004, 18:29 indiv

God, the topic of abortion brings out the stupid on some people.

You especially. Saying that the only babies that are aborted are those who are going to be born into abject, loveless poverty filled with abuse is retarded.

News Comments > April Fooling, Part 2
1. Tribes Apr 2, 2004, 00:11 indiv

Sky Ponies!!

30. Re: matrix Apr 1, 2004, 23:31 indiv

wtf was that matrix reentered thing about?

Someone disguised the Casshern trailer as a new Matrix for an April Fools joke.

(http://www.casshern.com/)

News Comments > April Fooling, Part 1
35. Re: Fark Apr 1, 2004, 17:42 indiv

www.doomworld.com has a good one..

Haha, that one was good. I'm surprised they're the only site that did it.

31. Re: Mozilla v IE Apr 1, 2004, 08:57 indiv

Its weird when I can load pages like http://www.zug.com/crap in mozilla but get redirected to http://www.iquicksearch.net/404.html when i try to open the same site in ie. a reocurring problem.

1. Remove the spyware that you installed that hijacked IE's "friendly" 404 error page. I think any good spyware remover will fix it.

2. Turn off friendly 404 errors in IE (tools | options | advanced | uncheck the box for "show friendly http error messages").

53. Re: Bad ju-ju Mar 31, 2004, 14:14 indiv

I fucking well hope the American Army doesn't send any nukes into space... one of those thing vaporizes on re-entry and the whole world will be irradiated.

Hate to break it to you, but we've already done high-altitude nuclear testing. I don't think you understand just how many nuclear weapons have been detonated on this planet.

http://www.osti.gov/historicalfilms/filmlist.html

1188 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo