Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for indiv

Real Name indiv   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname indiv
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mmmm... sacrilicious.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 27, 2000, 01:12
Total Comments 1188 (Pro)
User ID 2373

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: B-Day Jul 28, 2004, 11:56 indiv

Happy birthday Ray!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New NVIDIA XP Drivers
12. Re: No subject Jul 28, 2004, 02:14 indiv

Why upgrade to 9.0c when 9.0b still works? This version might use more resources!

Also, DirectX 9 has features that work on Windows XP only, so you'll have to drop back to DirectX 8 to remain pure. Sorry.

(I just got back from the thread too -- best thread we've had here in ages)

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Firefox/IE Jul 27, 2004, 15:03 indiv

Does affect my Firefox, doesn't affect my IE (6.0.2800.1106).

News Comments > Playboy Guest List
10. Re: The horror...the horror Jul 27, 2004, 11:59 indiv

"The Daedilus Project"

Close. It was The Daedalus Encounter. And I still have the CDs for it.

55. Re: Hey Ray, nin, and Enahs (et. al.!) Jul 26, 2004, 02:20 indiv

Thought the direction was overly frantic at times, the quick cuts and handheld cameras made it difficult to tell what was happening.

I got there right before the showing started on opening night and ended up in the 2nd row. I had no idea what the hell was going on for half of the movie because of the shaky cam. It's bad enough having to deal with the quick cuts and zooms at that distance, but then also to have the screen shaking so much makes it pretty damn impossible to tell what's going on. Oh well.

News Comments > Counter-Strike Patch
3. Re: Silly, silly CS Jul 25, 2004, 14:15 indiv

and why it made bluesnews frontpage is totally beyond me.

Yeah, Blue, this was definitely material for page 7.

News Comments > Counter Strike: Source Beta Plans
1. Yay! Jul 24, 2004, 12:59 indiv

I can finally use my Half-Life 2 voucher for something!

News Comments > Reznor on DOOM 3
179. Re: Did someone say benchmarks? Jul 21, 2004, 21:52 indiv

... and nVidia takes the lead around turn 1.

News Comments > Carmack Working Ahead
20. Re: Engines Jul 20, 2004, 17:46 indiv

Oh...and anyone know if dead things are going to vanish shortly after disposal in Doom3? I've always hated that in other shooters. I've been playing through Doom again (nostalgia), and it reminded me how much more immersive it is for me when I move back through areas to see all the bodies I've scattered about in little crime-scene tableaus.

In the most recent Doom 3 video they show a demon getting wasted and it sort of disintegrates in a pretty cool effect. Don't know if that happens to everything, or what.

17. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2004, 11:04 indiv

DOOM 3!!

News Comments > Derek Smart and Freespace 3?
94. Wouldn't. Jul 16, 2004, 00:13 indiv

I can see it now... Freespace 3: The Deus Ex: Invisible War of the arcade-style space-sim genre.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Press Release
66. Sweeeet! Jul 14, 2004, 17:17 indiv

Oooooooooooooooooh yeah, finally the news I've been waiting all summer for!

25. Re: No subject Jul 13, 2004, 18:20 indiv

Why change to a new type of fuel source when you can make an utter shitload of money for many more years using a tried and tested method?

It couldn't have anything to do with these companies already having well-established processes in place and changing them overnight would involve scrapping billions upon billions of dollars put into these processes along with billions upon billions of dollars that would have to be put into establishing the new processes. Couldn't be.

I saw an episode of Scientific American Frontiers when Alan Alda visited a bunch of people researching new fuel-cell technologies for vehicles. Probably the most important research group (although not the most-highlighted group of the show) was the one that was researching the new technologies that can be constructed with existing manufacturing centers and used without completely redesigning the vehicles. The idea being that companies would have a smooth transition into the newest fuel-cell technology without drastically changing anything in the short term.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: ipod security risk Jul 13, 2004, 15:18 indiv

Say, for example, I'm visiting a friend at work. He gets up to go to the mens room, and forgets to ctrl-alt-del lock his keyboard. I plug in my IPod, copy his customer database, install a backdoor trojan and a keylogger.

But then could you really call him your friend after that?

54. Re: Bike Owns Jul 10, 2004, 13:38 indiv

Strictly speaking, vi is not a line based editor.

Yeah, I just misspoke.

edit: fixed quote tag

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 13:39.

51. Re: Bike Owns Jul 10, 2004, 04:31 indiv

Well of course your pissed off. Not only does he drive bad, I just want to rid the world of the VI dinosaurs, come on man the text editor has evolved...ultraedit forever.

Yeah, UltraEdit is an awesome editor. Except that it's Windows only, can't be used in a text-based environment, and it's not free. Despite text-editor evolution, there's still a place for line-based editors like vi (which nobody who knows better would refer to as VI).

News Comments > Dungeon Siege II Delayed
11. The first one Jul 7, 2004, 01:14 indiv

The first one's co-op mode was pretty fun at times.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Atari People Infiltrate Gamesradar! Jul 3, 2004, 14:33 indiv

This marketing technique probably runs rampant here. Pretty funny.

48. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2004, 02:14 indiv

Wait a minute. What was your brilliant response again?

My response was that you don't understand. I did say sorry, too, because you typed out a big long paragraph and the "sorry" was because you wasted all that time.

edit: Ok, I'll actually explain what's wrong:

So I point out that they knew that what they were doing was wrong AT THE TIME, therefore "hindsight" aint got shit to do with it,

Who's hindsight do you think I'm talking about? Ok, so President Bush knew everything when he made whatever decisions he made. What the hell does that have anything to do with what I said? You think I was talking about President Bush's hindsight? That doesn't make any sense! You are clueless as to what I meant (fine, I'll concede that it's because my post was vague), so I performed the following steps when I read your response:

1) I opened your posting history.
2) I determined that you weren't anyone I wanted to sustain a conversation with.
3) I posted a terse reply because I don't have time nor inclination to explain something to a nobody on the internet with whom I don't even want to be having a conversation!

Now I'm replying to this because it's just silly that you make a point that has nothing to do with what I meant (hey, I'll even take the blame and say that I should have posted more than a 1-liner) and think that you're some kind of bad ass. Completely rediculous.
This comment was edited on Jul 3, 02:35.

46. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2004, 01:54 indiv

So drop this "hindsight" bullshit. It isn't hindsight if you knew about it AT THE TIME. Jesus fucking Christ - how clueless can you guys be?

Sorry, you don't understand.

1188 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo