Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for indiv

Real Name indiv   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname indiv
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mmmm... sacrilicious.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 27, 2000, 01:12
Total Comments 1188 (Pro)
User ID 2373

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
60. Re: doom 3 help Aug 6, 2004, 23:32 indiv

tron:

did you guys see the Christian Antkow homage in the delta labs?

I either missed it, or just didn't get that it was a Xian homage. What was it?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

117. Re: Guardian Aug 5, 2004, 22:40 indiv

Terpfen:

I figure this is the best place to post, since a few people are saying they've beaten Doom 3. I'm at the Guardian boss--and have no clue how to beat him. I've been slugging it out with him for hours, unable to kill the thing. I hear the voice giving me advice on how to kill him, but I can't hear it over the Guardian's noise.

You can't kill the guardian. You have to kill all of those floaty things with flashlights on their heads. Then a portal opens up and new ones fly out -- shoot the portal.

60. Re: Cant get Doom3 to stop Aug 5, 2004, 14:26 indiv

Sixis:

I didn't choose the jumping puzzle, and I got to that same boss, so I think Enahs is on crack for not remembering that it's female.

News Comments > Carmack on DOOM 3 & Q3A OpenSource
59. Re: overrated Aug 4, 2004, 16:23 indiv

It definitely would've been worse if you could tape the flashlight to your gun or mount it to a helmet. The use of the flashlight would become pointless, instead of having it be an integral part of the experience.

Also, if they had made it so you could activate the flashlight with a weapon drawn, they would have implemented the gameplay element that all other games do: severely limited flashlight batteries. So you could use the flashlight for 1 minute and then you'd have to let it charge before you could use it again.

82. Re: ram problem Aug 4, 2004, 00:07 indiv

it's an Epox EP-4SDA with the SIS 645 chipset...

Hmm.. I've tried about a billion times to download the manual online, but something's wrong with the file on their US site and their Taiwan site, so I give up. Anyway, check the RAM section of the manual to see whether they mention anything about it. If the manual says it supports that configuration, check the bios to make sure you don't have a RAM-controller feature on that could be inhibiting this particular RAM feature (like dual channel mode or something).

68. Re: EBGames Aug 3, 2004, 21:36 indiv

We'll see how long it last now...

Although it's a last resort, don't discount that your new video card may be b0rked. I had a problem when I first got my Radeon 9800 Pro, and after trying everything (including measuring the AGP and PSU voltage on an oscilloscope!) I exchanged the card for a new one and never had a problem since.

66. Re: ram problem Aug 3, 2004, 21:32 indiv

and my mobo says it'll accept up to 3GB of ram

What type of motherboard?

News Comments > Morning Preview
13. Re: Noteworthy. Aug 3, 2004, 19:05 indiv

How many shaders does Doom 3 have? Let me see... one for the "heat effect"... and one for the water, if there's any?

So what you're really saying is that you have no idea what a shader is, right?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3
156. Re: Doom 3 Graphics Glitch / Bug [ Stati Aug 3, 2004, 17:45 indiv

What is that command "supposed" to do?

It's supposed to load the '95 version of Doom. Not sure if it's just a rumor or what, but someone on here posted about it (a few pages back). The cheat sites list it, too, but they all just copy one another anyway so that probably doesn't mean anything.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%22give+doom95%22

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3
152. Re: Doom 3 Graphics Glitch / Bug [ Stati Aug 3, 2004, 17:31 indiv

Speaking of the console, anyone know why "give doom95" isn't working for me? It gives the same error as when I type "give asdf", indicating that it doesn't know what doom95 is.

43. Doom 3! Aug 3, 2004, 13:56 indiv

Major Doom 3 spoiler:

Yes, a monster will spawn when you enter that room.

Yes, there is a medkit and a couple armor shards under those stairs.

But really, this game is bad ass. I personally love the darkness. In the beginning of the game when I was just getting used to everything, I backed into a dark corner to fend off some demons, only to get slashed in the back by the demon that was waiting in the corner. Pretty damn cool.

News Comments > Making of DOOM 3
11. Re: NOOOO Aug 2, 2004, 22:40 indiv

I want Dolph Lundgren!

(not really)

News Comments > DOOM 3 Midnight Madness
54. Re: ignore the naysayers... Aug 2, 2004, 18:38 indiv

I believe you are making this up because Ultra detail is not an option in D3 unless your video card has 512MB RAM (or so I've read). I would like to believe you as I have a Ti4600, but can you confirm this?

The thing you read about Ultra detail was that the game never selects Ultra detail for you unless you have a 512MB video card. So even if you have a 100GHz Pentium 12 with an infinite bus speed or whatever, the game won't think your computer is good enough to run Ultra difficulty unless it's got a 512+MB video card. You can, however, select it yourself.

128. Re: Books vs Movies Jul 30, 2004, 22:23 indiv

Holy shit, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Holy shit, still going!

And Fang, I've thought that same thing before. The similarities are hilarious.

111. Re: Books vs Movies Jul 30, 2004, 20:52 indiv

And see if you can get this through your thick skull. He took it entirely out of context. Do you even comprehend what context means?

Holy shit, are you still talking?

106. Re: Doom 3 upgrades Jul 30, 2004, 19:34 indiv

I have the exact same problem except I can't even use speaker stands. I've been toying around with the idea of making something that I can mount to the back of my computer chair. It would have to be able to slip off easily.

I was in the same boat but I broke down and bought (overpriced) speaker stands that I can move around at will. I seriously considered mounting the rear speakers to the back of my chair, but I couldn't come up with anything that would have been convenient and worked out well.

The things Doom 3 makes us do...

99. Re: Books vs Movies Jul 30, 2004, 19:01 indiv

Did you even look at the links you cited? That's what the hell I'm talking about. If you want to embarass yourself with such stupidity, by all means continue. It's amusing, but sad.

Uhh, hello? No, I didn't look at all the links I cited--I just looked at their google summary. How can I make this any more clear? Conservatives are using this issue to mudsling Edwards, so of course the first links on google are going to be right wing. Do you think you're being brilliant here or something? They all cite the original New York Times article, however, but I'm not going to be anyone's personal research assistant when the whole point of my post was that all it took was 2 seconds using google to find out what Josh was talking about.

Let me repeat this so that even your thick skull can understand: Someone dismissed what Josh said without even doing a simple search, so I did a simple search to show them that it was easy to do, and that the article originated from the New York Times. Wow, I sure started a controversy.

edit:
By the way, to others reading this horrendously pointless exchange, the original person who posted that "do you have proof? no" comment has demonstrated in the past that he has very strong technical knowledge, and I thought it was unfortunate and somewhat out of character (i.e., clouded by politics) that he didn't make an attempt to find a source before posting that comment. That was my motivation for the original post, if you were wondering.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 19:25.

94. Re: Books vs Movies Jul 30, 2004, 18:49 indiv

Way to take a bit of print entirely out of context. Save yourself some embarassment, indiv, and don't cite examples from amateur right-wing rags and right-wing nutjobs.

Wow, I get such a kick out of how hostile you are. What the hell are you talking about, anyway? All I did was a google search and pasted the first few links that came up because someone didn't know where this came from, and I said in the original post that I didn't do anything other than that. My whole point was that it was easy to search to find out what Josh was talking about instead of dismissing it like it never happened.

If you really want my commentary on the issue, it was just a lawyer trick to win a case--no more, no less. Big deal.

83. Re: WAS: Books vs Movies Jul 30, 2004, 18:24 indiv

Josh, why you even bother trying to argue with me boggles the mind. You'll never win.

Uhh, are you somehow implying that you won that argument? All you did was say that at least Obama is open about it, and then you went on some non-sequitur tangent that had nothing to do with the original point. You may be good at slinging insults around, but you hardly won that argument.

80. Re: Books vs Movies Jul 30, 2004, 18:13 indiv

Edwards has been known to "channel" unborn babies
Have proof? No? Then should we also bring up the rumor that Bush is on anti-depressants? It has just as much validity.

I don't have proof, but the New York Times claimed it.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1177656/posts

http://www.nrlc.org/press_releases_new/EdwardsandtheUnbornChild.html

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/johnson200407281254.asp

http://www.nationalreview.com/kob/kob200402050836.asp

http://www.anncoulter.org/columns/2004/070704p.htm

http://www.marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2004/01/senator_edwards.html

First I've actually heard of this incident. These were within the first 10 hits on Google when you searched for "edwards unborn babies", btw. Not too difficult to verify where the "rumor" comes from.

1188 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo