Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slippery Jim

Real Name Slippery Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Donkey_Punch
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 31, 2005, 19:21
Total Comments 688 (Apprentice)
User ID 23717

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock Activation Not Permanent
97. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2007, 16:32 Donkey_Punch

CJ Parker all your comments on this website involve flaming and swearing at people. You just like to fight, don't you?

Read up on why rootkits are dangerous. ALL rootkits.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

93. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2007, 16:11 Donkey_Punch

Hidden files...check
Hidden registry entries...check

It is a rootkit.

It is made by Sony. Sound familiar?

Funny if they are "very open about it" there is NOTHING in their faq about rootkits etc.

88. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2007, 15:47 Donkey_Punch

As for Bioshock I have absolutely no interest in playing that game. I do however want to know why I have a Securom rootkit on my machine.

How many other games are already using this new version of Securom that installs a root kit? R6: Vegas? Arma: Combat Operation?

When did Securom start installing rootkits?

Update: I noticed on Wiki this entry:

"The version of SecuROM that comes with Armed Assault, S.T.A.L.K.E.R (European release only), Neverwinter Nights 2 , Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (patched to v1.04), Tomb Raider Anniversary (demo and Full version), Overlord and Bioshock prevents the game from running at all if Process Explorer, a free tool offered by Microsoft, has been run since the previous reboot."

Arma it seems installs a rootkit just like Bioshock. Arma runs Securom 7.30.0014 and Neverwinter Nights 2 uses 7.32.0015 as far as I can tell.
This comment was edited on Aug 25, 16:06.

68. Not Permanent? Aug 25, 2007, 11:13 Donkey_Punch

Funny that they say it isn't permanent.

I haven't even installed Bioshock or the demo but when I used RootKit Revealer it showed that there was ALREADY a Securom rootkit installed on my system from ANOTHER game.

Funny how Ken Levine uses key phrases such as "draconian" in his speech as "talking points" since all of them have been used in the last few days by reviewers and the angry public on the 2K games website. Talk about PR spin!

News Comments > SWAT 4 Expansion Revealed
84. Interplay Sep 1, 2005, 21:46 Donkey_Punch

Fallout 1 and 2 both were great Interplay games in design but suffered from horrific bugs that never were patched. Interplay's reputation was damaged for a lot of fans with these two games.

Fallout 2 especially was bad because they abruptly dumped support without warning and left the game a buggy mess.

It was no surprise when Interplay started to circle the toilet as a corporation financially. People stopped buying their buggy products.

VUG should pay attention. They probably would have already been sold if it wasn't for Blizzard's product line keeping the VUG game division alive.

68. Re: No subject Sep 1, 2005, 07:33 Donkey_Punch

You kidding? Interplay was infamous for releasing buggy games and then only producing one patch before dumping the game and leaving it in bad shape.

Considering that Swat 4 sold as well as it did there is no excuse for lack of patches or the addition of missing features that the developers claim they ran out of time and could not originally include.

Instead they plan to release an expansion pack and are charging customers for what amounts to a patch. We have seen a new low with PC games.

66. No subject Sep 1, 2005, 06:38 Donkey_Punch

Based on traffic received to our customer support centers and the expertise of our QA staff we are confident that SWAT 4 does not require further patching.

That quote was Greg in a recent interview (I assume they mean VUG-Greg who was part of the Tribes fiasco.

One tiny lame patch and they have already dumped Swat 4.

This is worse support than Interplay!

39. Swat 4 Aug 31, 2005, 15:33 Donkey_Punch

This expansion pack is nothing more than what should have been included in the game originally. Cooperative gameplay was just "tacked on" as an after-thought because VUG wanted a game that appealed to the masses (Team Deathmatch). They even admitted this in interviews.

Swat4's coop blows monkey chunks compared to Swat 3. This so called expansion pack just fixes the things that should have been in there from the beginning.

When Swat 3 was first released it was single player only. For ABSOLUTELY FREE they released a massive multi-player patch. For ABSOLUTELY FREE they released new weapons, skins, and maps for years after.

Do not be fooled. This expansion pack is nothing more than a patch that should also be FREE.

I feel bad for you Tribes fans because IG completely misunderstood your game also and VUG left it in a mess patch-wise. So far we have only had one lame patch for Swat 4 and now they are asking for more money for more patches. Since Swat 4 sold a lot more than Swat 3 you would think we would get even better service than we got with that game.

688 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo