Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slippery Jim

Real Name Slippery Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Donkey_Punch
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 31, 2005, 19:21
Total Comments 688 (Apprentice)
User ID 23717

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Tools
1. No subject Jan 19, 2008, 12:51 Donkey_Punch

Don't you hate people who post first?

I would have bought COD4 if it had coop in it. No coop no purchase.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Early Show
3. No subject Jan 11, 2008, 17:40 Donkey_Punch

When it comes out don't buy Vegas 2 on the PC unless you want an extremely buggy game that is not supported by UBI. If you want Vegas 2 get it on the 360.

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. No subject Jan 7, 2008, 16:18 Donkey_Punch

Wonder if the Republican party will make up a bunch of lies about the PT Boats game?

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online DX10 Support
24. Re: No subject Jan 7, 2008, 16:16 Donkey_Punch

Both Vista and DX10 are complete busts. Micro$oft is destroying what was left of the PC game market to build up their Xbox360 sales.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. No subject Jan 4, 2008, 18:20 Donkey_Punch

I spoke with a female that plays WoW and she says she doesn't get bothered that much by males. Sure she gets the typical annoying person begging for gold that we all do but nothing like the article suggests. She plays a slim busty female night elf character in the game even.

Yes, young males can be real twats but I think it isn't as bad as the article makes it seem.

News Comments > Universal Combat Freeware
87. Re: Well Jan 2, 2008, 18:39 Donkey_Punch

Please go listen to some Hip Hop on your way to you job at MacDonalds and get back in your element

I take it Derek is black and your Klan leader forced you to type that piece of hatred?

News Comments > Universal Combat Freeware
67. No subject Jan 2, 2008, 17:48 Donkey_Punch

A developer releasing one of their older games for free? I don't know anything about Derek, his company, or his games but any time someone is willing to release their work for free I want to thank them.

Dunno why so many are being hateful here. You don't like the quality of the product then don't play it! I can see why a small independent developer would be passionate and defensive about their work.

Ask yourselves when was the last time you tried to make a game and then gave it away? I bet you too would be steamed if a bunch of assclowns who never produced anything in their lives ganged up because they smelt blood.

News Comments > Wednesday Consolidation
10. No subject Jan 2, 2008, 16:23 Donkey_Punch

My son got a Wii for Christmas and all of the old games on the Virtual Console are ridiculously overpriced! A few years ago you could buy an old N64 console for $10 and now they expect you to buy a single game for that price?!!

Any monkey can learn how to run an emulator on a PC and get all of these games.

Nintendo needs to make the cost a reasonable amount and I bet they would make more money in the long run. $2 per game is still too high but it is more believable.

News Comments > ArmA: Armed Assault Beta Patch
13. No subject Dec 23, 2007, 14:46 Donkey_Punch

I absolutely love Arma but the fact that script kiddies can easily run client-side scripts is ridiculous. Wallhacks and speedhacks are one thing that every game suffers from but it was insane that clients could spawn objects, change everyone's score, remove or add weapons to everyone on the server, etc.

Biggest security hole in gaming history. It is pathetic it took them over 6 months to address this problem. My faith in Arma 2 and BIS is rattled.

6. No subject Dec 22, 2007, 20:53 Donkey_Punch

Not many servers using this beta patch.

1. No subject Dec 22, 2007, 12:03 Donkey_Punch

Finally they have started to show some progress on a patch. The game is only 1 year old and there was a huge gap of 6 months since the last patch.

Not sure I trust BIS any more since they are too busy working on Arma 2 to fix Arma 1. They are starting to act too much like UBI by cutting and running instead of fixing their existing products.

News Comments > More on Review Influence
1. No subject Dec 13, 2007, 11:17 Donkey_Punch

The whole game industry is corrupt. It is about as accurate as the oscars are for the movie industry.

News Comments > GameTap Taps Macs
4. No subject Dec 12, 2007, 21:56 Donkey_Punch

Waste of time. Macs are only 6% of the marketshare. Besides, Mac people are too busy looking at themselves in the mirror thinking they are cool to play video games.

News Comments > Canadian Forces: Direct Action SWAT 4 Mod
4. No subject Dec 11, 2007, 07:35 Donkey_Punch

Word is this really is just a training tool and is as much fun as going to the dentist.

The Canadian Forces wanted their own "America's Army" and paid a bunch of people from the community to make some maps and skins for them. Too bad they didn't have a clue and used the wrong gaming engine for the job.

Your Canadian tax dollars at work folks.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 07:36.

News Comments > More GameSpot on "Gerstmanngate"
16. No subject Dec 6, 2007, 18:20 Donkey_Punch

God I hate it when the corporate snakes come out from underneath their rocks.

Nice try Gamespot PR department but your lies only fool the mentally handicapped. Jeff was fired because he bucked the system. How dare he give a crappy game a crappy score?

News Comments > GameSpot Responds
20. No subject Dec 4, 2007, 08:46 Donkey_Punch

You know that the shit-heals at Eidos demanded that Jeff get fired. It is good that people are flaming Gamespot but don't forget the people with all the money.

News Comments > Free Game: Warzone 2100
3. No subject Dec 3, 2007, 23:33 Donkey_Punch

I wish game companies would do this a lot more often. So many products that don't sell any more just sitting on a shelf waiting for fans to modify.

Would love Sierra to give up the source code to Swat 3.

News Comments > Activision & Blizzard Merge
40. Re: No subject Dec 2, 2007, 20:34 Donkey_Punch

Who gets headaches from "too much sleep?"

I do.

Blizzard is a good company but Vivendi is terrible. They swallowed up Sierra and destroyed it among other things. Vivendi turned Swat 4 into a steaming pile of poo.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 20:34.

News Comments > Activision & Blizzard Merge
27. Re: WoW Dec 2, 2007, 18:31 Donkey_Punch

When was the last time you played a game made by a guy in a garage?

That is a ridiculous comparison. Many, many fantastic games have been made by smaller developers. Just like the indie movie scene a lot of innovative products come from the "small guy" and big studios make safe main stream crap. The game industry is the same.

Corporations won't allow them to take risks.

News Comments > GameSpot Follow-up
6. No subject Nov 30, 2007, 22:14 Donkey_Punch

This sort of the thing is only the tip of the iceberg in the gaming world. It is one seedy business. With so much money at stake the gaming industry has attracted some real scumbags.

Gamespot should be ashamed of themselves and rehire Jeff Gerstmann. This is nothing less than fraud when a company pressures its reviewers to lie. They are misleading the public so that we will buy crappy products and they can line their pockets with advertising money.

688 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo