Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slippery Jim

Real Name Slippery Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Donkey_Punch
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 31, 2005, 19:21
Total Comments 688 (Apprentice)
User ID 23717

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Looks to Take Take-Two
2. No subject Feb 24, 2008, 16:24 Donkey_Punch

Oh god please no.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Trailer
1. No subject Feb 22, 2008, 23:30 Donkey_Punch

Please remove the word "tactical" from the description of this game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - ArmA: Gold
13. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2008, 22:05 Donkey_Punch

> So you're not running the beta patch, Jim? Your loss.

Oh, I am running the beta patch. I think it will be good when it finally gets finished but the problem is that they have already said this is the final patch.

Developers should never, never, never add new features and then declare it is the final patch. I imagine two weeks after this is released new bugs and problems will be discovered because of the new features. They will leave the game broken.

I really love Arma coop but the hackers have completely ruined the game on public servers. Not everyone wants to join a clan just to play a game without hackers.

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Formed
51. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2008, 17:00 Donkey_Punch

> Ask a CS player what they think about Halo or GoW.

That doesn't mean they don't like the billion other adversarial games on the console. The only thing they prefer about the PC is they can cheat.

46. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2008, 16:39 Donkey_Punch

> (who uses the meme "M$" anymore?? what are you from the 90's???)

In his defense how is Micro$oft acting any different from the 90's? Vista and DX10 is a dog that is being forced down our throats.

News Comments > Gears of War 2 Announced
3. No subject Feb 20, 2008, 16:10 Donkey_Punch

The first game so bored the living crap out of me on the PC. Duck and then blindly hold down the fire button, duck and then blindly hold down the fire button. Yawn.

All graphics and no depth.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 16:11.

News Comments > Molyneux: PC Gaming "Huge Tragedy"
20. No subject Feb 20, 2008, 16:00 Donkey_Punch

A big part of the problem is corporate mergers. Instead of smaller companies being creative and taking risks you have evil empires like UBI, EA, and Vivendi acquiring and squashing.

The same sort of kids that like to play CounterStrike care little about quality. For them it is all about action and graphics. As games spent more time on graphics the gameplay became less important and it takes a large corporation to be able to afford the large team of people dedicated to high resolution 3D graphics.

More money spent making a game = willing to take less risks.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - ArmA: Gold
4. No subject Feb 20, 2008, 15:50 Donkey_Punch

Dmitri the last patch was almost a year ago. The thing you are talking about was only a beta test that was long overdue and still isn't finished. BIS is too busy working on Arma 2 to care about fixing the biggest security hole in gaming history.

I have never seen another game whereby you can run client-side scripts that can spawn enemies, spawn buildings, change everyone's score, change everyone's weapons, boot the admin, and take control of the server.

1 year to fix this!

43. No subject Feb 20, 2008, 15:40 Donkey_Punch

They can pry my PC games from my cold dead hands.

Until consoles add keyboards/mouse and stop designing games for 12 year olds I will stick to PC gaming even with all of it's flaws.

The only problem is that an increasing number of companies are releasing extremely bad ports of console games on the PC. Microsoft and UBI are the worst criminals.

PC gaming has the potential to get better because all the mindless hordes who play CounterStrike are the same sort that would love consoles. I won't miss them at all, lol.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. No subject Feb 15, 2008, 00:22 Donkey_Punch

Personally I think Microsoft wants to kill gaming on the PC so that we all switch over to the Xbox360. They probably figure that PC users will naturally want to stay with Microsoft and their console.

Vista + DX10 is the one-two punch that will take down PC gaming for good.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Patch
4. No subject Feb 13, 2008, 19:44 Donkey_Punch

You could consider it a well done expansion pack. The campaign is better than the first game and there are a few cool additions such as a remote controlled "mule" that you can control.

The game takes place in more locations and gets a little away from that tan Mexico look from the first game. Generally the maps are more fun in co-op than the previous game. I don't play GRAW 1 anymore and prefer GRAW 2 now.

I guess what you are paying for really is GRAW1 + patches + a lot of new maps + new campaign.

I would say GRAW 2 is what GRAW 1 should have been.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 19:50.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Patch
1. No subject Feb 13, 2008, 18:41 Donkey_Punch

Wow this is shocking. I thought UBI abandoned this game like they have done with all their recent titles.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. No subject Feb 13, 2008, 15:25 Donkey_Punch

It is simply amazing what Brits will allow their government to do. The movie "Children of Men" really gives a pretty good portrayal of the way the UK is heading (minus the reproduction problem, lol).

News Comments > Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Next Month
31. No subject Feb 5, 2008, 22:56 Donkey_Punch

Rainbow Six Vegas had as much tactical gameplay as a brick. The PC version was so buggy and unfinished it was offensive. UBI will never see another cent from me.

News Comments > Ender's Game Games
17. No subject Jan 29, 2008, 19:05 Donkey_Punch

I used to enjoy his books until the moron started supporting Bush and war.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Slips
17. Re: No subject Jan 29, 2008, 19:02 Donkey_Punch

MATT DAMON!!!

News Comments > Falcon 4.0: Allied Force Patch
6. No subject Jan 28, 2008, 19:01 Donkey_Punch

The game is still pants but it has a cult following and you have to hand it to the developers that keep pumping out patches.

News Comments > StarCraft II Website
2. No subject Jan 26, 2008, 15:54 Donkey_Punch

Right now a bunch of Koreans are beating off.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed PC Specs
17. Re: Already? Jan 22, 2008, 23:09 Donkey_Punch

A typical UBI PC game - a port from a console. It will be buggy as old hell and they won't fix the game properly. Don't be a sucker and buy this game.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Tools
6. No subject Jan 19, 2008, 18:59 Donkey_Punch

I played the single player and enjoyed it. However to get my dollars it needs coop in multiplayer.

688 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo