Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slippery Jim

Real Name Slippery Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Donkey_Punch
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 31, 2005, 19:21
Total Comments 688 (Apprentice)
User ID 23717

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
1. No subject Mar 9, 2008, 16:57 Donkey_Punch

"Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising" sounds a lot like "Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising". :p

Wonder if they used any of the old OPFlash code like BIS did with Arma?

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 17:28.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Medal of Honor Airborne Patch
13. No subject Mar 9, 2008, 09:21 Donkey_Punch

I don't have an opinion about the game either way but I just want to play devil's advocate for a second. People attack the game for being unrealistic because of the "bosses" but I seem to recall a very popular WW2 game called Return To Castle Wolfenstein that was even more over the top.

Yes, I know you can't compare them but just wanted to add fuel to fire.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. No subject Mar 8, 2008, 21:15 Donkey_Punch

Pfft, UBI. Pfft Frag Dolls.

News Comments > New Crysis SDK
7. No subject Mar 8, 2008, 08:50 Donkey_Punch

There are adverts? I have been using Firefox + adblock for so long I wasn't aware there were any.

News Comments > Windows LIVE Marketplace Coming
1. No subject Mar 7, 2008, 09:11 Donkey_Punch

Sales are better outside North American? Where Exactly? Perhaps in China or Russia whereby piracy is a legit full time job? Or perhaps the Netherlands where people learn to pirate before learning to speak?

News Comments > Sims 3 Info Soon
18. No subject Mar 5, 2008, 15:56 Donkey_Punch

Sims 2 Castaway Stories on the PC is buggy as old hell and still no patch. Errr, my kid plays it.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: No subject Mar 4, 2008, 02:52 Donkey_Punch

HBO shot themselves in the foot when they canceled Deadwood and Rome because they cost too much. Both shows were wildly popular. Fans were pissed off to no end. You can't trust HBO any more since they promised to do 2 Deadwood movies to complete the story and now it appears they only said that to shut the fans up.

News Comments > Dexter Game Planned
6. No subject Mar 4, 2008, 02:43 Donkey_Punch

The show is fantastic. The game will probably suck since they will no doubt be lazy and make it just like the CSI/LAW & Order games.

Wonder how they handle Dexter killing the baddies though. They could do something interesting and creative with Dexter's "Dark Passenger" but the game industry is not very inventive.

News Comments > Revised Gears of War Patch
5. No subject Mar 3, 2008, 16:08 Donkey_Punch

I totally agree kimbambaman. It is amazing what console players get excited about.

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
31. No subject Mar 3, 2008, 04:41 Donkey_Punch

Irrational Games dropped coop from Swat 4 also and then added it back in at the last minute and tried to blame Sierra for it.

They dumbed down Tribes, dumbed down Swat, and dumbed down System Shock (ie Bioshock). In their rush to make games that are more popular they have watered down the product and made mediocre games.

News Comments > On Counter-Strike 2 (Or Lack Thereof)
13. No subject Mar 1, 2008, 23:24 Donkey_Punch

lmao.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
8. No subject Feb 28, 2008, 18:14 Donkey_Punch

Dmitri don't be such a fanboy. I love Arma but that doesn't make me blind to it's many faults. BIS does not have a long track record but all the fanboys think they are the greatest company that gamers ever had. All things point to the fact that Opflash was a one time event and now BIS is becoming a mainstream company who are dumbing down their product line and that will dump a game before it is fixed.

In my opinion the expansion pack will contain fixes that should have been given out for free. Arma 2 looks exactly like an expansion pack with fixes.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 18:56.

4. Re: ArmA 2 Feb 28, 2008, 17:01 Donkey_Punch

Nonsense? Do you have special inside knowledge about the contents of the game? We shall see when it gets released.

2. Re: ArmA 2 Feb 28, 2008, 15:51 Donkey_Punch

The AI was annoying but what really bothered me was the MASSIVE security hole in the game. Clients should not be able to run scripts that cause buildings to spawn or to change the weapons in everyone's inventory. Hackers have wrecked the game because of a bad design.

Arma 2 looks like a glorified expansion pack.

News Comments > Guild Wars Sales Milestone
16. No subject Feb 27, 2008, 22:25 Donkey_Punch

I assume then that all the hardcore fans posting here are PvP types then. I can see then why you don't think the game is lacking because all you do is whack each other online anyways over and over. You don't care about the game's lack of RPG elements or depth.
This comment was edited on Feb 27, 22:36.

11. No subject Feb 27, 2008, 09:18 Donkey_Punch

Dim as a 25 watt bulb is my guess.

9. No subject Feb 27, 2008, 09:07 Donkey_Punch

If this applies to PvP play then I have no knowledge on the matter. I don't play PvP.

Guild Wars has all the RPG elements ripped out of it. If you are into mindless monster bashing this is the game for you.

6. Re: No subject Feb 27, 2008, 07:57 Donkey_Punch

Spawn Camping? What the heck are you rambling on about? This isn't a first person shooter, lol.

4. No subject Feb 27, 2008, 00:51 Donkey_Punch

I played Guild Wars for about 2 months and then got totally bored with it and have not touched it since. There is almost no RPG element to the game and is just one big empty monster bash.

If someone is wondering what Guild Wars is like imagine an exact copy of World Of Warcraft but with all the fun things removed.

Sure there isn't a monthly fee but the core gameplay would only keep a child interested.

News Comments > DX10 Assassin's Creed Faster Than DX9
1. No subject Feb 25, 2008, 21:18 Donkey_Punch

It will look the same, lol.

688 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo