Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slippery Jim

Real Name Slippery Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Donkey_Punch
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 31, 2005, 19:21
Total Comments 688 (Apprentice)
User ID 23717

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > No Fallout 3 Demo
19. No subject Apr 21, 2008, 21:23 Donkey_Punch

Kosumo, no need for comments like that.

Pretty widely known for the game industry: no demo=sucky game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
1. No subject Apr 21, 2008, 20:54 Donkey_Punch

The reasons for using a Mac are total garbage. Did Apple write that nonsense?

News Comments > No Fallout 3 Demo
11. No subject Apr 21, 2008, 20:48 Donkey_Punch

No demo? Warning flag. Warning flag.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. No subject Apr 18, 2008, 14:38 Donkey_Punch

>R.I.P.: Scream queen Hazel Court dies at 82.

You know it is really odd and also depressing that death notices are posted on a gaming website.

You know Blue is an old man when he keeps track of who is in the death notices. Looking to see if any school mates from the 1930's have kicked the bucket?

News Comments > ArmA II Presentation
6. Re: No subject Apr 18, 2008, 03:10 Donkey_Punch

> 5 year difference between the first two, 2 years between the second. If you'd like to wait another 3 years, I'm sure they can make something that looks as different.

Actually yes, I would prefer for them to wait. I am enjoying Arma 1 right now and the release of a new game will just further splinter the community. It feels like they JUST FINALLY released a complete game (well technically still not yet because it is just a beta patch). Remember how insanely buggy the early versions were? It has taken them one year to get to a finished game.

Arma 2 really doesn't seem different enough to pay for a game I already have. Who knows though once they release more movies I may change my mind.

> ArmA2 is the Game 2 engine that's been so long in coming

Really? Look at the videos. It looks and feels almost identical (as far as I can tell in a low res video).

If it is a completely different game engine then why did BIS say that some of the fixes from Arma 2 were being implemented into Arma 1 and that is why it was taking so long?

Answer: It is the exact same game engine but fixed up and with a few new features. Pay $50 for a patch? Hmmm, I love Arma but not sure that much, lol.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 03:26.

News Comments > ArmA II Presentation
3. No subject Apr 18, 2008, 00:01 Donkey_Punch

Everyone who bought Arma 1 should get a discount on Arma 2 just because we were the unpaid beta testers, lol.

Arma 2 really doesn't look any different than Arma 1 after looking at the videos. At best this looks like an expansion pack.

Now before the rabid fanboys bite my head off ask yourself this question: Do you see as much of difference between Arma 1 and Arma 2 like we did between Opflash and Arma 1?

News Comments > Vivendi/Activision Approved
8. Re: No subject Apr 17, 2008, 00:32 Donkey_Punch

> Im really sick of their God complex after they got MS by the balls.

Unlike the USA that tries to dictate to the whole world just because they spend more on war than they do the rest of the planet combined?

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. No subject Apr 12, 2008, 15:13 Donkey_Punch

He wouldn't be smiling at a naked woman but at a innocent civilian being tortured. Neocons are scared of women.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Chapter 9 Details
4. No subject Apr 4, 2008, 19:10 Donkey_Punch

Never tried it. Is it any good?

News Comments > City of Heroes/Villains In-game Ads
20. No subject Apr 4, 2008, 10:11 Donkey_Punch

For the dumb people who are new to the world let me spell it out...won't be optional for long!

News Comments > Ken Levine Q&A
5. No subject Apr 3, 2008, 21:28 Donkey_Punch

I thought quite a few people around here enjoyed SWAT 4.

Yes, and a lot of morons think that Gears of War and Halo are the cat's ass too.

Swat 4 was a buggy dumbed down version of Swat 3. It was visual bubble gum. Irrational Games killed the Swat series.

Tribes Vengeance was a buggy dumbed down version of the Tribes games. Irrational Games killed the Tribes series.

Both times they didn't have a clue what made the games so good in the first place. They didn't even try to understand them. For instance I remember the lead developer on Swat 4 saying that he never even played Swat 3. Here is a tip for developers working on a sequel...try the previous games out first!!

To be fair, I don't think Levine was directly involved with T:V. That one was made in their Aussie studio.

Ah yes I forgot it was the Australian division. Possibly true he didn't have input into the game. I guess Irrational Games just had a universal goal of destroying much loved franchises with piss poor sequels.

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 21:36.

8. No subject Apr 3, 2008, 21:15 Donkey_Punch

Yes, at first they would give that option so people will take it up the poop shoot in small steps without complaining.

How long before that option gets removed?

News Comments > Ken Levine Q&A
1. No subject Apr 3, 2008, 21:04 Donkey_Punch

“We are standing on the shoulder of giants."

Good thing no one was standing on your shoulders when you made the craptastic games Swat 4 and Tribes Vengeance.

4. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2008, 21:00 Donkey_Punch

> Personally, I think in-game ads to the realism... !

How long did your brain lack oxygen at birth?

This has to be a late April fools joke. As if a company would include adverts in a pay2play game. Insane!

News Comments > H.A.W.X Announcement, Trailer
56. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2008, 19:26 Donkey_Punch

> H.A.W.X sounds like choking up a loogey.

Lol, best line in this thread yet.

41. No subject Apr 3, 2008, 17:19 Donkey_Punch

I assume that you fly the jet in 3rd person view because most console players are graphics whores who prefer "action" and "explosions" over depth. They prefer Arnie movies over a John Cusack flic. These are the sort of people who went and saw the last Rambo film in the theaters and bought "Snakes on the Plane" on DVD.

30. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2008, 16:41 Donkey_Punch

> Since its just popular fiction why not call it "JK Rowlings HAWX" then uhhh yea...!!!

Oh I forgot! One of the unlockable items in the game is an official Harry Potter Broomstick™ that you can fly.

19. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2008, 16:00 Donkey_Punch

> You guys are all pathetic. You haven't seen an ounce of gameplay, that was all CG trailer.

Have you actually paid attention to the "quality" games UBI has released in the last few years?

13. No subject Apr 3, 2008, 15:33 Donkey_Punch

With achievements on Xbox live you can earn special attachments for your fighter such as lasers, triple head nuke missiles, and the ever popular green slime cannon.

Don't worry about damage because there will be plenty of health "circles" that you fly through to get your damage reduced.

At the very end of each mission as a reward will be a huge billowing American flag with patriotic music (as long as you dropped a 500 pound bomb on friendly troops at some point in the mission)

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 15:35.

2. No subject Apr 3, 2008, 14:41 Donkey_Punch

Let me know when they get to Tom Clancy's Sims or Tom Clancy's Kart Racing.

688 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo