Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slippery Jim

Real Name Slippery Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Donkey_Punch
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 31, 2005, 19:21
Total Comments 688 (Apprentice)
User ID 23717

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Still No Fallout 3 Demo
6. No subject May 14, 2008, 10:07 Donkey_Punch

Unless they make Fallout3 as mind-numbingly boring as Gears Of Wars console jockeys won't be interested.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Patch
4. No subject May 13, 2008, 14:40 Donkey_Punch

Probably will be the last "real" patch too. After this UBI will release a few other small patches that break more than they fix.

No it isn't seeing into the future but just knowing how they operate.

News Comments > Ghostbusters Movie/Preview
5. No subject May 11, 2008, 18:06 Donkey_Punch

The Ghostbusters game looks pretty lame. You know the product is in trouble when they say the motivation for making it is because the logo is well known.

News Comments > PC Burnout Paradise
22. No subject May 9, 2008, 18:30 Donkey_Punch

Always glad to hear of a title for the PC

News Comments > X-COM Revival Rumor
40. Re: No subject May 6, 2008, 12:32 Donkey_Punch

> True but all those franchises are (or were) still unknown to most console gamers.

That is a ringing endorsement.

38. Re: No subject May 6, 2008, 11:45 Donkey_Punch

> i only ever played the demo of SWAT4, and i thought it was fun.

SO much fun that you only played the demo and didn't buy the game?

Irrational took a game that was much loved by cooperative players and realism fans and made it into a bad CounterStrike clone. The game was riddled with bugs and lacked features that even Swat 3 had years before. You had to pay for the "expansion pack" to just get the bug fixes and some of the old features put back into the game.

Only Irrational would make a game that was supposed to be "realistic" and make it so all the doors in the game are magical and always open AWAY from you no matter what side of the door you are on. It may sound like a minor gripe but when the game is about Swat teams making high risk entries into a CQB environment it is all the difference in the world. There are many examples of horrible design decisions like this in Swat 4.

The game looked pretty and had great sound. On a superficial level it was great. The gameplay was pants.

24. No subject May 6, 2008, 00:34 Donkey_Punch

It was on a conversation in the forums on 10-David.com shortly after the game was released. The website automatically deletes posts past a certain age unfortunately.

21. No subject May 5, 2008, 23:41 Donkey_Punch

Swat 4 was a boring stinking pile that killed the series. The lead developer on Swat 4 actually admitted to never playing Swat 3. For christ's sake if you are going to make a sequel in a series do your bloody homework.

God, please anyone but Irrational to make an Xcom game.

If you want a company to come in and dumb down your game to make it more appealing to the drooling masses (and in the process somehow miss every target audience) then Irrational is the perfect team. If you want a team to come in and kill the franchise then Irrational is for you!

This comment was edited on May 5, 23:47.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. No subject May 4, 2008, 18:22 Donkey_Punch

Glenn Beck is a typical CNN conservative moron. It absolutely amazes me when Americans argue that CNN isn't conservative.

Fox news isn't conservative either, it's pure fascist hatred.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. No subject May 3, 2008, 18:36 Donkey_Punch

As someone who doesn't have a PS3 or an Xbox360 (so I am not a fanboy of either) I would say the side-by-side comparison of GTA4 goes to Xbox360 for better image.

The PS3 version had popup and the textures were blurry compared to Xbox360 version. I also found that the PS3 used that fake AA by blurring the whole image (just like R6 Vegas on the PC).

Looks like I am buying a Xbox360 if they never release the game on the PC.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patch, Free Weekend Underway
46. No subject May 3, 2008, 15:46 Donkey_Punch

It really is just a rip-off of Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory but with the game balance and teamplay removed.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patch, Free Weekend Underway
42. Re: ... May 3, 2008, 13:49 Donkey_Punch

s usual you don't understand what you read and don't think things through before you post.

That you, Derek?

This comment was edited on May 3, 13:50.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
2. No subject May 1, 2008, 21:48 Donkey_Punch

Fallout 3. I really hope it works because I love the universe and the style. Unfortunately I will miss the turn-based gameplay and this kind of reminds me how other developers tried updating X-com into a first person pov game (and that sucked).

I wish them the best but I have pretty low expectations.

News Comments > Crytek to End PC Exclusives
151. No subject Apr 30, 2008, 20:26 Donkey_Punch

I certainly don't have the game collection that Dr. Smart has since I usually only buy about 4-5 games per year. In almost all cases I have "tried before buying".

You can't make assumptions that people won't buy a game that they already have pirated.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 20:27.

News Comments > Crytek to End PC Exclusives
128. Re: I played the demo... Apr 30, 2008, 17:21 Donkey_Punch

Crytek, like all companies, is making excuses to share holders (or potential future share holders). It is nothing more than a Public Relations excuse.

The only problem is that PC gamers pay by the damaged reputation so companies like Crytek can try to save face for a poorly developed game. Yes, piracy hurts but it has been since the beginning.

I don't care if a company that used to make PC exclusives starts porting their games. I hope Crytek makes a fortune. The real problem is when they release pathetic buggy ports to the PC instead of releasing quality products to every platform ( Yes, I am looking at you UBI ).

If you make a PC version remember that PC customers are different. We want more depth in our gaming and we want to take advantage of our superior controls. We aren't kids driving a little Mario Kart.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 17:26.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. No subject Apr 28, 2008, 12:37 Donkey_Punch

Dr Tanya Byron is pretty hot for a government employee.

News Comments > Saturday Q&As
3. No subject Apr 26, 2008, 21:19 Donkey_Punch

>I'm really tired of these "journalists" asking the same old, generic, uninformative questions.

Yes, well they aren't so much interviews but really commercials for the PR department.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Disk Space Issue
29. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 17:09 Donkey_Punch

Why do you guys think they are going change Terrorist Hunt's spawn problem? This is the same way it was in Vegas 1. Why would they patch it now?

News Comments > Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Disk Space Issue
19. No subject Apr 23, 2008, 14:31 Donkey_Punch

UBI now makes such shitty PC games I didn't even bother pirating it!

News Comments > No Fallout 3 Demo
55. No subject Apr 22, 2008, 01:39 Donkey_Punch

> has the percentange of whinners on Blues gone up over the years?

Ultimately the real problem are fanboys who can't STAND seeing anyone say anything negative about their game or of Bethesda. Of course both will have more than it's fair share of fanatics. Any time someone remembers a game from their childhood they only remember the good parts and forget for instance how incredibly buggy Fallout was!

I loved the style and mood of the Fallout series however they had more bugs than a Microsoft product.

As for Morrowind and Oblivion I got bored of both of them after about 10 hours and never finished either.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 01:43.

688 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo