Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slippery Jim

Real Name Slippery Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Donkey_Punch
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 31, 2005, 19:21
Total Comments 688 (Apprentice)
User ID 23717

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Movie
5. No subject Jul 12, 2008, 12:18 Donkey_Punch

Video was fun to watch. Can't wait for 2009. Until then we have to limp along with Arma.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint 2 Website Today, Movie Tomorrow
12. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 17:34 Donkey_Punch

Great defense.

10. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 17:11 Donkey_Punch

Dmitri_M is at it again blindly defending a game.

I just tried playing Arma today with Battleye and signature checking turned on the server and the hackers ruined the game again.

No fun at all.

5. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 13:01 Donkey_Punch

Okay maybe I was a little harsh with calling Arma "almost unplayable". It depends on the server. When you find a stable server it is like finding a four leaf clover.

It always seems insane to me why a company does 98% of the hard and expensive work of making the game and then when it comes to the last 2% of patching bugs they fail. So close to having a good game except for the final polish. Insane.

The money to fix a game must be included in their budget. It should not be dependent on sales. It doesn't matter if 100 units or 100 million units sold - they owe it to their customers to have a working game.

Does the movie industry release a movie and then do re-shoots and fix problems if the opening weekend goes well?

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 13:08.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 12:19 Donkey_Punch

Max Payne trailer: I am shocked they didn't have the essential Max Payne move of akimbo pistols flying in bullet time sideways firing just over the camera.

3. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 12:03 Donkey_Punch

Hope it is less buggy than Arma. Between the constant server crashes and script kiddies that are hacking the servers Arma is almost unplayable. It took one year to get a patch that has left the game with MASSIVE lag.

I have given up on BIS because they can't seem to make a game that isn't riddled with problems. Hopefully Opflash2 will retain some of the magic from Opflash 1 and some from Arma and not simply be a BF2 clone.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 12:03.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. Diary
1. No subject Jul 8, 2008, 21:13 Donkey_Punch

In terms of PC games UBI is only making buggy ass console ports. They are dead to me.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
6. No subject Jul 5, 2008, 12:07 Donkey_Punch

No wonder Australia supports the USA so much, it also is turning into a police state.

News Comments > Crytek: PC Sales to Piracy Ratio 1:15 or 1:20
122. Re: ... Jun 28, 2008, 13:51 Donkey_Punch

So you put forward a suggestion and then discount it? Genius.

Who is discounting it? Just because the majority of people who pirate my not buy the game that still doesn't mean it was a lost sale.

What matter is the number of people like myself who go out and buy it after downloading it.

I know it is much easier to insult rather than discuss.

121. Re: No subject Jun 28, 2008, 13:44 Donkey_Punch

what's wrong with trying a demo? People use a time limited demo to buy cars and houses

Do you test drive a real car or one with just some of the features or one that will be different from the final version?

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 13:52.

49. No subject Jun 28, 2008, 10:42 Donkey_Punch

I am all for no gun control in the USA. The more Americans that shoot each other the safer the planet will be.

News Comments > Valve: PC Gaming is the Future
20. No subject Jun 28, 2008, 10:19 Donkey_Punch

I heart Valve/Steam. Proudly PC.

116. No subject Jun 28, 2008, 10:13 Donkey_Punch

Speaking of "bizarre conclusions" I want to throw this idea out there that maybe piracy actually creates more revenue for a good game.

Almost every single game I have on my shelf I have downloaded to test it out to see how buggy the game is, how well it runs on my rig, and to test to see of it is the game I really thought it was because you can't trust the marketing hype and lies.

I am tired of getting burned by game companies that threaten and bribe reviewers to give their games good scores. I am tired of PC software companies that don't test their games well (ie. UBI).

If I like the game and it works well I go out and buy it. I know this isn't done by the majority but I am sure there are plenty just like me.

Considering I don't have a lot of money to waste on poorly made products I can experience games with "try before you buy" that I probably would never had risked buying. In my case I probably buy more games than I normally would in a given year because I want to reward good/unique games.

Think about how some book authors don't mind their books being loaned out in a public library because people end up exploring new writers and "discover" them. They reach a wider audience by having their books loaned out for free and in turn generate more sales when the reader buys other books from that author. My book shelves are filled with Robert A Heinlein books because when I was kid I picked up one of his great stories from a public library.

News Comments > Call Of Duty: World At War Co-op Revealed
7. No subject Jun 23, 2008, 11:56 Donkey_Punch

I am a happy clam. Hopefully as someone mentioned they won't dump it at the last minute.

News Comments > Saturday Q&As
6. No subject Jun 22, 2008, 07:39 Donkey_Punch

The PopCap story was interesting in that it mentions how a game that sold very poorly on the PC sold really well on a console.

Further proof that we are two different audiences.

4. No subject Jun 21, 2008, 12:36 Donkey_Punch

This site has forums??

News Comments > Op Ed
1. No subject Jun 21, 2008, 12:33 Donkey_Punch

"even hardcore gamers donít always know offhand which version of which graphics card is in their PC."

What nonsense. We aren't Mac user, every PC hardcore gamer knows what is in their rig.

The problem is software companies that lie about their games requirements or they try to hide the fact that their badly ported game only runs with Shader 3.0

News Comments > In-Game Ad Survey
40. No subject Jun 18, 2008, 04:18 Donkey_Punch

With Swat 4 the game used "Massive" before Micro$oft bought them out. Luckily you could block them if you put the server names in your Hosts file. I am sure that is no longer possible with newer games.

Vivendi was slimy about how they went about it too. The retail version of the game didn't have adverts but if you wanted to use the patch (and you really needed to) then the patch turned on the advertising. Game reviewers of course never mentioned the adverts because game reviews almost always look at the unpatched version.

With UBI's terrible game called Lockdown the advertisements were absolutely ridiculous. You found splattered on the wall advertisements every few feet and they were on walls that obviously never would have aderts on them. It was one of the worst cases of in-game advertising gone wrong.

News Comments > etc.
1. No subject Jun 17, 2008, 10:18 Donkey_Punch

Damn, I was hoping Uwe Boll would direct the Gears of War feature.

News Comments > In-Game Ad Survey
5. No subject Jun 17, 2008, 10:14 Donkey_Punch

There is always some moron that says "yes, I like real advertisements rather than the fake advertisements in games like GTA."

I detest them with a passion.

688 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo