Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slippery Jim

Real Name Slippery Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Donkey_Punch
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 31, 2005, 19:21
Total Comments 688 (Apprentice)
User ID 23717

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > 2008: The Year in Lists, Part 19
4. Re: 2008: The Year in Lists, Part 19 Dec 29, 2008, 12:52 Donkey_Punch

Fallout 3 gets #2 spot? Maybe it was fine on the console but on the PC it is a buggy mess.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metaverse
1. Re: Metaverse Dec 21, 2008, 18:57 Donkey_Punch

Not only did he help purge the missing White House emails but he was the guy behind the 2000 and 2004 election "wins". Because of threats he wanted to be put into protective custody but the government refused. In an amazing coincidence he died after flying his plane back from DC.

Democracy in action.

News Comments > GTA4 PC Patch Issues
29. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 14, 2008, 01:42 Donkey_Punch

Saying it wouldn't tax a C64's CPU is just fucking dumb and shows how little you know of technology in general.

Yup, that's right. Been gaming since the days Pong was released and I work in a field completely dependent on technology. You pegged me perfectly you humorless fuck, lol.

21. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 13, 2008, 20:22 Donkey_Punch

Devil May Cry 4 and Bionic Commando Rearmed were both good and recent ports. The former has outstanding performance on PC, too.

Either way both are console-style games I would never play and Bionic Commando Rearmed wouldn't tax a Commodore 64's cpu.

Two "good" ports out of dozens and dozens of shitty, buggy, and unoptimized messes.

5. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 13, 2008, 15:00 Donkey_Punch

Console ports always suck. I still haven't seen one that did justice to the PC.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV PC Patch
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV PC Patch Dec 13, 2008, 00:41 Donkey_Punch

There isn't any anti-aliasing? What a piece of shit port!  

News Comments > Mafia II Trailer
3. Re: Mafia II Trailer Dec 11, 2008, 17:18 Donkey_Punch

Oh god UBI is involved?! I could cry.

It will definitely be a shitty bug-ridden unsupported port then. That is the only thing UBI releases.

Sad. Sad. Sad. Mafia 1 was great.

News Comments > WoW Character Re-Customization
6. Re: WoW Character Re-Customization Dec 11, 2008, 15:46 Donkey_Punch

Wow, very generous of them. They pull in billions of dollars, charge for expansion packs, re-use the same holiday events every year, and they charge $15 to change your character name. Sheesh.  

News Comments > Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage Unveiled
18. Re: Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage Unveiled Dec 11, 2008, 12:28 Donkey_Punch

Wow, those boys sure are quick to react with news about the game (sarcasm).

The game feels abandoned already and it seems the only thing they are interested in is making more DLC or expansion pack money.

Bet you the patch will be bundled with the DLC.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Dec 11, 2008, 01:12 Donkey_Punch

Finally a Fallout 3 review that even mentions bugs. 1 honest reviewer out of dozens of shills.  

News Comments > Armed Assault 2 Q&A
4. Re: Armed Assault 2 Q&A Dec 9, 2008, 15:15 Donkey_Punch

Fix Arma 1 first, BIS.  

News Comments > Why Uncut GTA4 Passed in AU
5. Re: Why Uncut GTA4 Passed in AU Dec 2, 2008, 06:04 Donkey_Punch

Don't forget the fact that the Australian fascist government is now censoring the internet to "protect" its citizens. You would think that they were too busy with their war against Islam to worry about video games.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2008, 06:04.

News Comments > ArmA II Movie
17. Re: ArmA II Movie Nov 30, 2008, 17:16 Donkey_Punch

That turned most people off....that also made the community much more mature. Not many cheaters or assholes/idiots because they were all too dumb to play this game.

That didn't work with Arma 1. It is filled with idiots because it is damned easy to cheat. Install an addon on your computer and join a server. Spawn buildings, kill everyone in the game, destroy all the buildings at once, give everyone a negative score, change all the player's weapons.

BIS did almost nothing to stop the problem.

It is absolutely ridiculous the things that cheaters can do in the game. I have never seen another multiplayer game in which cheaters can so easily hack the game. It has to be the biggest security hole in gaming history.

There is absolutely no reason why the game server has to turn over so much control to the clients.

1. Re: ArmA II Movie Nov 29, 2008, 19:36 Donkey_Punch

"As part of our continued commitment to the loyal ARMA fans"

How about instead fixing Arma 1 so the servers don't lag out, cause people to disconnect, and the crash?

How about fixing Arma 1 so client side addons don't crash the server instead?

How about fixing Arma 1 so people running simple scripts on the client side can kill everyone in the game, spawn buildings, etc.

If you really care about your fans stop releasing much needed patches after a year.

News Comments > On GTA IV PC DRM
86. Re: On GTA IV PC DRM Nov 28, 2008, 23:04 Donkey_Punch

I would say that I am also not going to buy it because of the ridiculous DRM but then I would be accused of being a pirate.

I was going to buy it for the PC but now instead I probably will just buy it used on the Xbox.

Nothing like killing games on the best platform

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 2 Talk
5. Re: Assassin's Creed 2 Talk Nov 27, 2008, 14:22 Donkey_Punch

Shes a left wing egg sucking dog!

Better that than a right wing nut who will destroy his country for an imaginary friend in the sky.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Nov 25, 2008, 21:39 Donkey_Punch

GamesRadar goes on my list of sites that just print glorified advertisements for the game companies.

"Almost two years on from the release of the excellent (once patched and modded) ArmA, BIS are well on the way to completing a sequel thatís bigger, smarter, and more realistic."

It took one year for the last patch. That patch created massive lag on servers, disconnects and crashes. They promised to fix it but that was six months ago.

The new game is more mainstream and dumbed down for console players. How on earth can they claim it is more realistic?

Fluff.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Editor and DLC Coming
37. Re: Fallout 3 Editor and DLC Coming Nov 25, 2008, 18:00 Donkey_Punch

"If I had just spent 3 years making that game I'd be on vacation instead of working on tools for ungrateful people like you."

Yes, because everyone knows game developers prefer to sit at home not making money rather than working.

Ungrateful? Since when did people start thinking that the developers are doing this out of the kindness of their own hearts? They waited to see what the sales were going to be before deciding on this. Good sales = patches and goodies. Bad sales = unpatched abandoned game.

7. Re: ArmA II Movie Nov 24, 2008, 15:50 Donkey_Punch

Well that all depends on what OFP2 is bringing to the table.

Opflash 2 is such a mystery since they have only released pre-renders. I am hoping their game engine can pull it off and coop is a primary feature. To be honest I don't have much faith in Codemasters to pull it off since they are starting from scratch.

I enjoyed the game-play of Arma 1 but BIS left the game filled with problems. I don't trust them any more. They run their forums with an iron fist and allow the fanboys to attack anyone with a complaint. They show little respect for the customers.

Arma 2 is a more mainstream console version of Arma and Opflash1. They will rip out it's realism and turn it into BF2 or Joint Operations.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2008, 15:52.

3. Re: ArmA II Movie Nov 24, 2008, 13:55 Donkey_Punch

Yes, but the problem with Arma is that any child can make a cheat by including it in an addon and then can run the scripts CLIENT side that will affect everyone. They can spawn buildings, blow up all the buildings in the game, kill everyone on the server, etc.

Arma also has a massive problem of addons crashing the servers. Some selfish git wants to change something locally in his game and that addon crashes the server.

BIS made no real attempt to fix the problem. It is a complete mess! Arma 1 is left riddled with bugs so why trust them to fix the next game?

Save your money and skip Arma 2.

688 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo