Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slippery Jim

Real Name Slippery Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Donkey_Punch
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 31, 2005, 19:21
Total Comments 688 (Apprentice)
User ID 23717

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 24 Hour Sale
1. Re: Assassin's Creed 24 Hour Sale Mar 23, 2009, 12:27 Donkey_Punch

A good price but I swore off giving UBI another dime. Tired of their horrible console-to-pc ports.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Announced
5. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 10:35 Donkey_Punch

Very cool. I am crossing my fingers this isn't a shitty console port. Put some damn effort into making it for PCs.  

News Comments > Activision on Tough Times
3. Re: Activision on Tough Times Mar 10, 2009, 17:40 Donkey_Punch

Vivindi do yourself a favor and separate Blizzard from Activision immediately.

Vivendi has nothing to do with it any more. Activision bought Blizzard and was the bigger of the two (although WoW accounts for half of the company's revenue).

News Comments > ARMA 2 Movie
11. Re: ARMA 2 Movie Mar 7, 2009, 00:24 Donkey_Punch

ArmA 2 is looking to be more of a simulation.

I disagree. They have expressed interest in removing realism to make the game more accessible to a larger audience. I think Arma 2 will be much closer to BF2 or Joint Operations by Novalogic than anyone expects. Sure the world will still be huge but I think you will have much more deathmatch gameplay and more running around getting amazing shots with M249s while standing and moving.

News Comments > ARMA 2 Movie
2. Re: ARMA 2 Movie Mar 6, 2009, 18:08 Donkey_Punch

Gem? LMAO. You are gonna have to wait 2 years for it to be patched properly after it's release.  

News Comments > On Op Flashpoint Sequels
30. Re: On Op Flashpoint Sequels Feb 26, 2009, 21:20 Donkey_Punch

so your saying they fixed Arma to actually RUN ok?

Not yet. They finally released after almost 1.5 years a beta patch that fixes most of the major issues. It is still a beta patch though and BIS is known for screwing up and suddenly releasing buggy untested changes in the final patch.

Time will tell.

We still need a Linux server patch. As usual the community is split between different versions because they take forever to update the dedicated servers.

News Comments > ARMA II Movies
11. Re: ARMA II Movies Feb 21, 2009, 14:32 Donkey_Punch

Flashpoint1 was made by the same people who make Arma & Arma2 and they all share the same bug-ridden game engine

Fixed your typo for you.

News Comments > Newell on Piracy, Pricing, TF2 Comics, and More
18. Re: Newell on Piracy, TF2 Comics, and More Feb 19, 2009, 06:19 Donkey_Punch

Part of the success must also be the "sales" factor. People love saving money and when they hear the word "sale" they open their wallets. I know this works for my wife, lol.

You need the $50 games still for this to work. The customers need to feel they are smarter than everyone else for buying the game on sale rather than the full priced games.

News Comments > ArmA: Armed Assault v1.15 Beta Patch
2. Re: ArmA: Armed Assault v1.15 Beta Patch Feb 13, 2009, 16:26 Donkey_Punch

This came out in December. Not bad, 2 months late covering it.  

News Comments > Op Flashpoint 2 in Summer
5. Re: Op Flashpoint 2 in Summer Feb 10, 2009, 01:01 Donkey_Punch

I played OPF to death and there hasn't really been a battlefield type game of the same scope since. BF2 came close

BF2 came close?! Man, that is like comparing the first Rainbow six game to CounterStrike.

News Comments > No PC PoP DLC
24. Re: No PC PoP DLC Feb 3, 2009, 01:00 Donkey_Punch

Ya piracy caused this problem...right. It has nothing to do with the fact that PC Gamers have been burnt enough by UBI that now when they see that logo they know it really means "shitty unsupported arcade console port inside".

Yup, all about piracy.

News Comments > NY Games Bill
6. Re: NY Games Bill Jan 29, 2009, 08:30 Donkey_Punch

Gotta love those religious types that at desperately seeking power to turn the whole world fascist.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 2 This Year & New Ghost Recon
20. Re: Assassin's Creed 2 This Year & New Ghost Recon Jan 23, 2009, 11:32 Donkey_Punch

I wouldn't be surprised if UBI makes the new Ghost Recon game a port. It certainly is the direction they have been headed (ie look at Rainbow Six series now all horrible arcade ports)  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Jan 16, 2009, 11:27 Donkey_Punch

PC Game Sales Fall 14% in 2008. If you don't count digital distributionů

Exactly it. I barely bought any new games in 2008, expect for those on Steam.

Besides, almost all the 2008 titles were steaming piles of manure. Come out with better games that aren't crappy ports and I will buy them.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2009, 11:28.

News Comments > Guild Wars Plans
6. Re: Guild Wars Plans Jan 16, 2009, 11:24 Donkey_Punch

GW was just a poor man's WoW but without the great touches that made WoW a hit.

News Comments > On PC Patches
6. Re: On PC Patches Jan 16, 2009, 11:22 Donkey_Punch

Lies, lies, lies.

Apparently game company people are worse than used car salesmen.

News Comments > WoW Death Knights Expand
46. Re: WoW Death Knights Expand Jan 9, 2009, 17:11 Donkey_Punch

The problem with Death Knights is that when you create one at 55 they level far too quickly. Why does it take so long for my regular toon to get to lvl 56 but my Death Knight can get there in 3 easy quests? It took my DN a few hours of very easy questing to earn 30g. I didn't farm and I didn't manufacture anything since I didn't have any professions yet.

They have completely screwed the balance of the game.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2009, 17:13.

News Comments > Tomb Raider: Underworld Underperforms
2. Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld Underperforms Jan 9, 2009, 09:31 Donkey_Punch

Thats a new excuse, the economy.

Of course everyone knows it was PIRACY! Somalian pirates have a duplicating machine aboard their ships.

News Comments > New Ghost Recon & Rainbow Six This Year?
14. Re: New Ghost Recon & Rainbow Six This Year? Jan 7, 2009, 15:00 Donkey_Punch

Vegas = arcade console crap and the icing was that it was a buggy port.

Ya, if you think Gears of Wars is a good game then I am sure you would also like Vegas.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2009, 07:37 Donkey_Punch

Quote:

"Police in the Bahamas are disagreeing with John Travolta's staff in the wake of the New Year's Day death of his son Jett, 16, at the Old Bahama Bay Hotel about how long the teenager lay undiscovered in the bathroom.

Police are reporting that Jett was left alone for more than ten hours from when he was last seen heading to his bedroom at the Travolta's vacation townhouse at 6 PM after a day of boating with his family. Jett's nanny, Jeff Kathrein, reportedly found Jett lying on the bathroom floor at 11:30 PM."

688 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo