Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slippery Jim

Real Name Slippery Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Donkey_Punch
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 31, 2005, 19:21
Total Comments 688 (Apprentice)
User ID 23717

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Previews
7. Re: Morning Previews May 27, 2009, 14:04 Donkey_Punch

From what I gather, ArmA 1 was mostly about earning some cash and getting the tech from the xbox port of Flashpoint into the hands of fans.

There it is for the fanboys to read in plain English. It is a badly ported console game. Arma2 is more of the same building off the codebase from Arma 1.

Opflash2 will be more about realism. Arma2 will mainly be an Xbox360 title and the gameplay will fit that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Previews
10. Re: Previews May 27, 2009, 01:01 Donkey_Punch

Have you been following the interviews with the developers? They have stated many times that they want to make Arma more mainstream. Translation: less realistic and more death-match like BF2.  

News Comments > Tech Bits
1. Re: Tech Bits May 27, 2009, 00:50 Donkey_Punch

Re: Vista Service Pack 2...you can polish a turd all you want. It is still a turd.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Delta Force Xtreme 2
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Delta Force Xtreme 2 May 27, 2009, 00:45 Donkey_Punch

Novalogic is now just one fat guy making mod'ed versions of their old games in his mom's basement.  

News Comments > Previews
4. Re: Previews May 25, 2009, 18:32 Donkey_Punch

I expect Arma 2 to br aimed much more at consoles. It will be closer to BF2.

The preview was very fair in their portrayal of Opflash and Arma1 as buggy games that lacked polish. It has taken BIS over 2 years and Arma 1 still has major crash bugs.

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
9. Re: Sunday Screenshots May 24, 2009, 20:29 Donkey_Punch

Opflash2 looks better than Arma2 and, lets face it, BIS releases buggy awkward games.

Arma2 is also aimed at console players so it too will be very "arcadey"

News Comments > PC Terminator Salvation Recalled
25. Re: PC Terminator Salvation Recalled May 20, 2009, 22:21 Donkey_Punch

This is a prime example of the sorry state of PC gaming today. I am going to miss playing games on the PC but it isn't worth upgrading my computer every 1.5 years any more. So many crappy ports.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. May 18, 2009, 21:15 Donkey_Punch

They have designed Sims 3 to work almost like Xbox Live. You have to pay to get additional content and that is where they will make the real money. EA knows this.

Piracy or not they will make a killing.

News Comments > ARMA II Next Month
27. Re: ARMA II Next Month May 18, 2009, 18:42 Donkey_Punch

BI is so very slow to release the patches. What takes them almost two years needs to be done in six months.

Amen to that. Most of the patches are fixes for new bugs they introduced in the patches.

The fanboys keep raving about how much support they get years later from BIS but it took them over a year to release a single buggy patch.

1.14 was the last official patch that left my game crashing every hour. Most of the time when I exit the game my screen goes black and I have to reboot my computer.

Finally they got things right in 1.16 YEARS after release (but it is still just a beta patch).

If you want Arma 2 to work properly buy it in 2 years.

News Comments > 3D Realms "Not Closing"
17. Re: 3D Realms May 18, 2009, 18:32 Donkey_Punch

Every time I see the initials DNF I keep thinking DNR for some reason. Rather appropriate don't you think?

Do Not Resuscitate.

News Comments > 3D Realms Denies Buyout Offer
26. Re: 3D Realms Denies Buyout Offer May 17, 2009, 09:27 Donkey_Punch

Creston has it.

Yes, but don't worry. Genital Herpes is manageable with modern drugs I have read.

News Comments > Take-Two Suing 3D Realms
41. Re: Take-Two Suing 3D Realms May 15, 2009, 11:49 Donkey_Punch

This was going to be a great game, it just needed to cook for a while longer but no, they pulled out at the very last minute just when a few more days of coding was needed.

Yup, I agree. Another couple of million and they would have been done. Well, maybe not done done. Done the first milestone for sure. They would have the best concept art in the business.

News Comments > Goodbye from 3D Realms
54. Re: Goodbye from 3D Realms May 9, 2009, 21:51 Donkey_Punch

I blame Obama! Funny how we went from blame everything on Bush to Obama is God. I have an answer for ya, media bias!:)

I have an answer for ya, you are a fucking idiot.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Broken Steel Fixed
12. Re: Fallout 3 Broken Steel Fixed May 7, 2009, 15:56 Donkey_Punch

Mine doesn't, WHAT NOW?! Duel to the death.

Nope, people just need point their browsers to the Fallout forums and they can read all the endless complaints of bugs.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Broken Steel Fixed
5. Re: Fallout 3 Broken Steel Fixed May 7, 2009, 14:04 Donkey_Punch

They're a lot of fun and they do function.

The PC version of Fallout3 doesn't run for more than about an hour without a crash or a bug appearing.

News Comments > Microsoft Cuts
4. Re: Microsoft Cuts May 6, 2009, 12:52 Donkey_Punch

Right, it was the economy's fault. Had absolutely nothing to do with the bloatware known as Vista.  

News Comments > Delta Force Xtreme 2 Beta
19. Re: Delta Farce Xtreme Too Beta May 2, 2009, 10:49 Donkey_Punch

Bethesda makes awesome games except for the very buggy Fallout 3.

Made the correction for you.

9. Re: Delta Farce Xtreme Too Beta May 1, 2009, 23:57 Donkey_Punch

Novalogic used to make AWESOME games, I wonder what happened to them?

Their game engine stayed in the stone age and other companies put out better versions of the same product.

Novalogic used to be the love of hardcore wargamers but eventually Novalogic had stiff competition. Their games because TDM blast fests and the Battlefield series kicked their asses in this department.

Now they are just viewed as a low budget company I think.

7. Re: Delta Force Xtreme 2 Beta May 1, 2009, 23:16 Donkey_Punch

Novalogic has been dead for a few years. I read on the DF websites and looked at the screenshots. This looks and feels exactly like DFX1. They didn't have a company or money to make a new game so all they seem to have done is modified the UI a little and made new maps.

Almost exact same game.

News Comments > WoW Scandal Follow-up
44. Re: WoW Scandal Follow-up May 1, 2009, 17:27 Donkey_Punch

Adolph Hitler was a vegetarian. I am sure the executives at Blizzard are also vegetarians.  

688 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo