Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slippery Jim

Real Name Slippery Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Donkey_Punch
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 31, 2005, 19:21
Total Comments 688 (Apprentice)
User ID 23717

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > ARMA II Diary Movies
8. Re: ARMA II Diary Movies Jul 26, 2009, 21:01 Donkey_Punch

Good luck getting things patched. You will wait a few years and by then BIS will forget about it as they prepare to make Arma 3 (that is if they are still in business).  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Force Unleashed on PCs
32. Re: The Force Unleashed on PCs Jul 25, 2009, 14:30 Donkey_Punch

Ack!!! I used to laugh at the Mac owners when they had to wait a few years for a game to be released by Aspyr Media. Now we are in the same category. (cries).

Never again my Mac brothers. At least you have a real computer instead of a glorified toaster that is a console.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - ARMA II
23. Re: Ships Ahoy - ARMA II Jul 9, 2009, 17:04 Donkey_Punch

My prediction: 5 years from now BIS will be exactly like Novalogic. Dead and still using the same gaming engine for all their buggy releases.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - ARMA II
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - ARMA II Jul 8, 2009, 14:17 Donkey_Punch

Slippery Jim, have you got anything to say about this?

Ya, my computer is still too old to play this piece of unoptimized crap. Now if BIS wants to buy me a new computer...

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
7. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 3, 2009, 21:46 Donkey_Punch

Ain't no Flashpoint, though.

That is a good thing. As much as I enjoyed playing Flashpoint with my friends it was a horrible buggy mess.

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. Re: Safety Dance Jul 3, 2009, 17:51 Donkey_Punch

Looks like someone bought themselves a politician.  

News Comments > Section 8 Beta
6. Re: Section 8 Beta Jul 3, 2009, 17:38 Donkey_Punch

Average response: "Too complex for my tiny console brain".  

News Comments > ARMA II Diary Movie
14. Re: ARMA II Diary Movie Jul 2, 2009, 15:49 Donkey_Punch

Part of the problem with the Arma community is American players (some of the most selfish and childish gamers on the planet). As a general rule I recommend gaming with Brits, or other Europeans if you are looking for quality players. They generally are better team players and more polite and humble.

Of course I have come across a lot of really nice Yank players but unfortunately they are by far the exception. Usually they TK without apology, and the only thing that matters is their score. They all want to be Rambo with the highest score (and this is with coop)

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2009, 15:59.

News Comments > StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy
109. Re: SC2 LAN & Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 16:02 Donkey_Punch

Announcement on pay-to-play in 3 weeks, 2 weeks, ...  

News Comments > China Bans Gold Farming
16. Re: China Bans Gold Farming Jun 29, 2009, 17:31 Donkey_Punch

In further news, China says OK to environmental destruction...

Oh, don't be so smug. The west (specifically USA) has brought the planet to edge. China will just be the final amount that pushes us over.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - ARMA II
59. Re: ARMA II on Steam Jun 27, 2009, 15:11 Donkey_Punch

A2 gets right what many people don't have the patience or maturity to see.

lol, not elitist at all. Translation: "I am smarter than everyone else because I play an awkward and bug-filled game. I like it therefore I am 3l33t."

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - ARMA II
15. Re: Steamships Ahoy - ARMA II Jun 26, 2009, 22:35 Donkey_Punch

And so it goes.

Wow, you can't stand it when anyone is critical of Arma and BIS can you? I can see you all red faced and angry shaking your fist at the screen.

News Comments > ARMA II in NA Next Month
28. Re: ARMA II in NA Next Month Jun 23, 2009, 20:50 Donkey_Punch

Did BIS kill your dog, rape your daughter and sell your mother to slavery or something Jim?

Very close. They raped my cat, and sold my daughter and mother into slavery. How the heck did you know?

Actually they did something worse. They gave me a game that had a lot of potential and then just let it die without fixing it.

News Comments > ARMA II Demo Nears
25. Re: ARMA II Demo Nears Jun 23, 2009, 20:48 Donkey_Punch

Why get a demo when the full version is now available on Torrents?  

News Comments > ARMA II in NA Next Month
23. Re: ARMA II in NA Next Month Jun 22, 2009, 14:49 Donkey_Punch

Don't worry about performance. It will take them 3 years to patch Arma 2 just like it has taken them to patch Arma1. By then we will all have computers fast enough to run the game on medium settings.  

News Comments > ARMA II Demo Nears
7. Re: ARMA II Demo Nears Jun 22, 2009, 14:46 Donkey_Punch

They already announced the demo as "coming next week" and then when it arrived had to delay it. Wonder if they will have to delay it again. Bunch of clowns.  

News Comments > ARMA II Patch
26. Re: ARMA II Patch Jun 20, 2009, 23:08 Donkey_Punch

SlipperyJim is a troll. Pay no attention.

...and you are just a typical fanboy Dmitri that always blindly defends BIS on this website.

As I have said many times before I like Arma1 even with all it's faults. That is why I am annoyed with BIS for an absolutely horrible patch process that takes years and breaks more things than they fix.

Unlike you I try to play the game online. Too bad the game is so buggy it crashes ever few hours.

23. Re: ARMA II Patch Jun 20, 2009, 18:14 Donkey_Punch

ArmA1 was more or less a stop gap for ArmA2

What you are saying is that Arma 1 doesn't matter. You are saying that it is fine that the game is abandoned in a very buggy state because it isn't a real product. Where is my refund then?

It has been 6 months since the last official patch. Before that the last patch took over 1 year to make. You consider that good support?! It takes them 3 years to patch what most companies do in 6 months.

You claim that Arma1 works perfectly for most users. That is utter bull. Most people have completely given up on Arma1 because it doesn't work. The servers have been almost empty for a very long time. Visit the BIS forums and read all the posts. Tons of technical problems.

Fanboys constantly deny there are problems with the coding of Arma1. They always say "it works perfectly for me, it must be because you are an idiot and don't know how to use a computer". Sorry Mr. Fanboy, but I bought my first computer in 1984. Since 1997 I have been building my own PCs. I don't claim to be an expert but to simply brush off Arma1 problems as "my fault" is laughable. Funny, how all other 3D games work perfectly. Arma1 is the only one with problems for me.

Arma1 was a constant beta with the paying customers working as beta testers. BIS makes a single change and it takes them 2 years to get it right (if ever). The community has been permanently split down the middle between different patches (half playing the last "final" patch and the other half playing the beta patch). This has been going on for several years now since Arma1 has been released. BIS is always VERY SLOW to release the Linux dedicated server files. It wouldn't be so bad if their patches were flawless but they often create more new bugs than they fixed!

Enjoy your crashes and bugs. Arma2 will be abandoned just like Arma1.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2009, 18:56.

9. Re: ARMA II Patch Jun 20, 2009, 08:52 Donkey_Punch

I just don't get it, they keep releasing bug filled games, one after another, people keep buying them, even though the previous game is a mess, and turn around and tell them 'good job'.

There is a huge collection of rabid fanboys that think BIS can do absolutely no wrong. I know it sounds like a cliche but it is so true. I assume many players were young when Operation Flashpoint came out and now that they are older people feel nostalgic towards BIS.

ARMA1 still is not working properly. It takes BIS 6 months to a year to release a buggy patch that does more harm than good to make the game stable. They run open beta tests on patches in the community and then completely ignore the results and release final versions of the patch with new UNTESTED features that takes them another year to fix!

There are tons of people who work on missions and addons and never actually seem to play the game. All they really are in love with is making things for Arma. What is amazing is almost none of these creations are used by the community. Only a tiny fraction ever get used.

Arma1 is abandoned and the fanboys line up to be screwed again by BIS.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2009, 09:13.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
5. Re: Legal Briefs Jun 20, 2009, 01:23 Donkey_Punch

Vote Quimby!  

688 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo