Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slippery Jim

Real Name Slippery Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Donkey_Punch
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 31, 2005, 19:21
Total Comments 688 (Apprentice)
User ID 23717

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Overwatch Announced
14. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Overwatch Announced Dec 21, 2009, 19:19 Donkey_Punch

Slippery_Jim hates ArmA,

You are completely wrong but keep thinking so if it helps you deal with your BIS/Arma fanboyism.

I absolutely LOVE the design behind Arma. It is the sort of open world military cooperative shooter that I love to play. This sort of gameplay is what really gets me excited about PC gaming.

While I praise the design and gameplay of Arma I have to say BIS completely fails technically. The game is horrendous on the technical side and although it gives some nice screenshots if you actually sit down and play the game it is so filled with glitches and bugs that you want to rip the disk out and smash it.

Yes I have played Arma for endless hours (and still do on occasion) but I am so tired of having to endure the endless bugs and crashes.

Every time I fired up Arma I wished another company had coded the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Overwatch Announced
11. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Overwatch Announced Dec 21, 2009, 17:02 Donkey_Punch

Disclosure time: how many of the people that already commented slamming DR have NEVER made an addon or mission or utility for Arma?

I smell OpFlash1/Arma/BIS fanboys

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2009, 17:05.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Trailer, Interview
1. Re: Star Trek Online Trailer, Interview Dec 21, 2009, 16:57 Donkey_Punch

I assume you join a crew and when you go to a planet you can transport down to the planet and play the instance as a group?

Looks promising. My geek sense is tingling.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Future Soldier TMed
3. Re: Ghost Recon Future Soldier TMed Dec 19, 2009, 20:52 Donkey_Punch

What's the difference between an Advanced Warfighter and a Future Soldier?

About $30-$40 since you can buy GRAW for $20 now.

News Comments > ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans
15. Re: ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans Dec 12, 2009, 04:26 Donkey_Punch

Good thing the dev supports the game.

Yes but most companies don't get praised for releasing a beta test and then slowly patching it over 3 years to get it finally to release quality.

News Comments > America's Army Game Cost $32 Million
28. Re: America's Army Game Cost $32 Million Dec 9, 2009, 14:59 Donkey_Punch

I have absolutely no problem with this whatsoever.

Spoken like a true Conservative. Just don't spend that money on social programs or healthcare then you would be walking around carrying tea bags. Spending the money on murder=good. Spending money on making people's lives better=bad. Ah the Conservative way.

News Comments > America's Army Game Cost $32 Million
26. Re: America's Army Game Cost $32 Million Dec 9, 2009, 14:53 Donkey_Punch

LMAO 32 million dollars for propaganda. You would think with that money it would be a half decent game instead of a buggy CounterStrike ripoff.  

News Comments > US PC Game Retail Sales Sag
10. Re: US PC Game Sales Sag Dec 2, 2009, 23:43 Donkey_Punch

PC games system requirements took a MASSIVE leap in the last year because most games are now absolutely horribly unoptimized console ports. I personally am not going to spend another $900-1500 to get a gaming PC just for these horrible games.  

News Comments > ARMA 2 Interview
11. Re: ARMA 2 Interview Dec 1, 2009, 03:03 Donkey_Punch

Arma 1 had such potential but after 3 years it is still just a glorified beta test. It is bug ridden and frustrating as hell to play. I won't trust BIS with my money any more and hope that they finally fix the game years later.

They keep trying to add features in patches and while that sounds fantastic it just leads to more and more bugs. BIS always bites off more than they can chew.

Since they seem to be adding to their game engine perhaps in about 10 years they will have a stable game worth buying?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 30, 2009, 01:13 Donkey_Punch

Apple is only 6-10% of the total market share. As a computer company they failed since really they should be in the lead considering they were one of the first.  

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Confirmed
13. Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed Nov 25, 2009, 00:39 Donkey_Punch

This.

Saying "this" is about as annoying as "oh snap" or "'nuff said" or Rick Rolling someone. Please, we have to stop the spread of internet cliches.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2009, 11:36 Donkey_Punch

Quote from the preview:

In classic Battlefield fashion, DICE does not play around with tiny little arenas when it comes to multiplayer

Poor little deluded fella thinks Battlefield maps are big. Considering you have to constantly fly your plane/jet in tight circle I would hardly call the maps big.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo
7. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo Nov 19, 2009, 11:38 Donkey_Punch

How many of the below negative comments are by Arma fanboys? Come on, full disclosure. How many of you that posted have made a mission or an addon for Arma or Arma 2?

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2009, 11:40.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Patch
12. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Patch Nov 11, 2009, 18:51 Donkey_Punch

Her machine is a AMD Athlon dual core 5200+, vid card is a Radeon 3870 512mb and 3 gigs of ram. It runs fine on medium settings (around 30fps avg)

Thanks for the reply and the info. I wouldn't consider your wife's machine as low end though

News Comments > GTA IV DLC to PC?
31. Re: GTA IV DLC to PC? Nov 10, 2009, 22:23 Donkey_Punch

Get Little Big Planet for the kids and Uncharted 2 for yourself, Uncharted 2 is one seriously fking sweet game. Oh BTW you may want to reconsider if your TV doesnt support 720, PS3 will not scale up to 1080 it will down scale to 480.

Thanks for the tips. Little Big Planet was already on the list for the kids. Will look into Uncharted 2.

The console would be connected to my 27" Panasonic GAOO TV. The television still has an amazing image like it was still new. I wonder how the PS3 would look hooked up to my PC's LCD 19" monitor running at 1440x900? It is HDCP compatible so it should work with the PS3. I just don't have a clue what resolution it would actually run at and how crappy it would look.

Sorry, got off topic.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Patch
7. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Patch Nov 10, 2009, 22:12 Donkey_Punch

it has been patched enough times by now that it runs fine on average systems. I know this for a fact since it runs on my wife's machine which only has a low end dual core proccessor.

How low end is her machine? My 3 year old rig is an AMD Athlon 64 dual core 3800+, 2 GB RAM, and my vid card is a Nvidia 8800GTS 320MB. Think it will run it at 1440x900 with a half decent frame rate?

News Comments > GTA IV DLC to PC?
24. Re: GTA IV DLC to PC? Nov 10, 2009, 15:07 Donkey_Punch

I am finally giving in and getting a console for the kids for Xmas and I am going to get a PS3 despite the lack of DLC. Everything I have read says the failure rate of a 360 is over 50% and it is around 10% on a PS3.

DLC is great but if the machine is dead it isn't much use.

News Comments > EA Layoffs?
16. Re: EA Layoffs? Nov 9, 2009, 17:15 Donkey_Punch

The sad thing is that I actually recall when I actually liked EA.

Not since the C64 days and early Amiga days

News Comments > German Mag Says Ubisoft Demanded Positive Assassin's Creed 2 Review
25. Re: AC2 Review Scandal? Nov 9, 2009, 04:12 Donkey_Punch

PR departments are bursting at the seams with idiots.

Sadly true. The worst part is that PR and accounting departments seem to make all the decisions in game companies, lol.

News Comments > Visually Impaired Gamer Sues Sony
11. Re: Visually Impaired Gamer Sues Sony Nov 8, 2009, 16:32 Donkey_Punch

Playing a video game is NOT an inalienable right...

Tell that to my kids (or most North American kids).

688 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo