Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ

Real Name Russ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shineyguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description YES I misspell my nickname intentionally!
Oh, and why are you wasting your time coming here to look at what I've written anyway?? Shoo! SHOO!!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2005, 08:01
Total Comments 392 (Amateur)
User ID 23706

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2014, 13:55 Shineyguy

Rattlehead wrote on May 19, 2014, 12:28:
TangledThorns wrote on May 19, 2014, 10:42:
Godzilla rocked, can't wait for the sequel which they announced will happen.
It's already been announced

So they announced the film that they announced?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2014, 09:45 Shineyguy

If "Star Fox" had an Honest Trailer...

It'd go something like this:

"Fox! Do a barrel roll!"

That's it.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 18, 2014, 21:40 Shineyguy

Jivaro wrote on May 18, 2014, 11:09:
I have seen this in action as well. There are a couple of workarounds that people claim work, but no actual "fix" for the core problem. I don't have any first hand knowledge as to whether they actually work or not. One requires that you are aware of the problem existing before you actually make the switch from iOS to Android, so in other words, it's not very useful. The other one, and the one more likely to help people, is related to iCloud. Some people claim that if you delete your phone from your iCloud account your texts will start going through again. Again, I haven't tried it personally but there it is if someone here wants to try it.

Another potential way to fix the issue is to have the sending party delete the conversation with you from their phone, and select your contact again for a new thread, ensuring that they are sending SMS messages rather than iMessages.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 10, 2014, 00:58 Shineyguy

nin wrote on May 9, 2014, 23:07:
You can always take an update or three off. I know you won't, but there's no need to apologize.

Not only that, but for the reason given there isn't any need to be sorry.

News Comments > On Advanced Warfare Realism and Sledghammer's Cancelled Game
19. Re: On Advanced Warfare Realism and Sledghammer's Cancelled Game May 5, 2014, 16:48 Shineyguy

SpectralMeat wrote on May 5, 2014, 16:16:
Fion wrote on May 5, 2014, 16:14:
I don't see this game being any better than the last few MW games. How good could it be when they have less than a year to make it?
You do realize that there are 3 different studios working on this franchise now right?
Each studio takes it's turn to release a new game every 3 years.

Right, where before there were only two studios making a Call of Duty game (Infinity Ward and Treyarch), they only had 2 years to develop a full game. This, predictably, led to "more of the same" gameplay we've been seeing, and incredibly harsh crunch time environments for the developers (I know someone on the CoD team at Treyarch). Now that they have three studios working on a CoD game, all developers now have an extra year to devote to their title, and this should help with the quality and polish of each CoD title every year.

So, Sledghammer HAS actually been working on this game in quite some secret for the past 3 years, and with a new take on CoD I can't see this as being a bad thing.

I know the guy I know at Treyarch is thankful for the fact that they have 3 years to develop their game now, he has time to put more effort into the work that he is doing for their next iteration.

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
16. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 16:05 Shineyguy

BobBob wrote on May 1, 2014, 15:45:
$17.89 billion versus ???

Vs. not nearly as much.

News Comments > Hellraid Delayed for Overhaul
8. Re: Hellraid Delayed for Overhaul May 1, 2014, 09:29 Shineyguy

Shineyguy wrote on May 1, 2014, 09:24:
Fantaz wrote on May 1, 2014, 03:51:
bigspender wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 23:47:
Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 21:29:
2 year delay? Means it's shit. Sure looks like it.

By shit, do you mean totally awesome?

Its a first person Diablo essentially.

First person Diablo? one game that i remember such as that would be Hellgate: London

i'm surprised why they decided to go with the Chrome Engine? tho Dying Light does indeed look pretty darn impressive

Well, it's Techland, so not all that strange for them to go with the technology that they've been building and iterating on for a while.

Honestly, I'm quite surprised to hear the Techland name, as well as Chrome. I remember both developer and engine technology, but can't remember the last time I heard about them both. It's been a while.

Well shit, I didn't realize that they developed Call of Juarez, as well as GTI Racing and Xpand Rally. I've been out of it for a while.

News Comments > Hellraid Delayed for Overhaul
7. Re: Hellraid Delayed for Overhaul May 1, 2014, 09:24 Shineyguy

Fantaz wrote on May 1, 2014, 03:51:
bigspender wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 23:47:
Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 21:29:
2 year delay? Means it's shit. Sure looks like it.

By shit, do you mean totally awesome?

Its a first person Diablo essentially.

First person Diablo? one game that i remember such as that would be Hellgate: London

i'm surprised why they decided to go with the Chrome Engine? tho Dying Light does indeed look pretty darn impressive

Well, it's Techland, so not all that strange for them to go with the technology that they've been building and iterating on for a while.

Honestly, I'm quite surprised to hear the Techland name, as well as Chrome. I remember both developer and engine technology, but can't remember the last time I heard about them both. It's been a while.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 15:20 Shineyguy

Yosemite Sam wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 13:42:
I'm not much of a late night talk show person, but I've seen them all from time to time and Craig was the funniest of the bunch. Course I like that brit humor, guess it doesn't fly with most americans.

Except he's, you know, Scottish.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 11:35 Shineyguy

Jivaro wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 11:15:
This is why I don't like to watch new shows on Fox. If I like them...they will almost assuredly be cancelled.

Craig was awesome...his twist on late night was great. I hope they don't replace him with someone that lacks a "twist".

On the plus side, at least NBC is keeping Blacklist. I went 2 for 4 this season. I liked Agents of Shield, Blacklist, Intelligence, and Almost Human. Only 2 of them survived....and quite frankly...if AoS had been cancelled I would have been extremely disappointed but not surprised. I feel like the only person on the planet that actually likes the show.

Still...it's been awhile since my DVR had any additions. It was a good year for TV in general.

Shit, I like Intelligence as well.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 09:16 Shineyguy

Yeah, I liked the show as well. Was just starting to heat up and find it's groove in the story line.

Sigh, another good show to bite the dust. Just like Life. I loved that damned show. At least it made it two seasons.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 29, 2014, 13:19 Shineyguy

This is true. I've been waiting to replace my 4x4gb sticks that I got for $100 a couple years ago with a 2x8gb setup, but the prices are hovering around $30-$50 more than what I bought my current setup for.

BTW, with 16GB of memory, I've turned off my paging file and have had no ill effect whatsoever on my system.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Apr 25, 2014, 23:41 Shineyguy

NKD wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 23:09:
Most of the EU is poo anyway. Old Republic era kind of interesting, Thrawn trilogy good, beyond that...

I don't know, I enjoyed all the novels that took place during the main character's children's time; The tales involving Anakin Solo, Jaina Solo and Jacen Solo, as well as Ben Skywalker and his tales with Luke.

Granted the Yuuzhan Vong thing was not all that great, but it provided a good spectacle at least.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag
22. Re: Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag Apr 25, 2014, 16:52 Shineyguy

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 16:22:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 16:19:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 16:04:
Community is so fragmented. Without Premium, trying to find a HC Domination match is almost impossible, unless you want to play one map over and over and over and over.

Good job EA.

That's a feature, not a bug. "Just buy Premium and you'll be all set!"

HC Domination? Good luck finding people playing that on any continent. HC in general in BF4 is pretty weak with the hit detection, and Domination isn't that great of a game mode (my opinions obviously). Large Conquest is the point of the Battlefield series, and the best map is by far Golmud Railway.

Hopefully this will make the Naval strike maps more playable, some of them were mildly interesting.

Golmud would be great if it weren't horribly bugged. I find I have the most fun on Locker.

Oh, and what drives me the MOST nuts is that you can't shoot in between the railings on stairways. WTF is that?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag
10. Re: Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag Apr 25, 2014, 11:55 Shineyguy

Many of the lag issues being encountered were on Official EA servers hosted by DICE. Secondary issues were seen on ranked servers yes. They may have worked with the server providers in these instances to upgrade their hardware.  

News Comments > Kick Ass 2 Next Month
13. Re: Kick Ass 2 Next Month Apr 23, 2014, 13:05 Shineyguy

Beamer wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 11:20:
Kick Ass lost the ability to feel pain?
I don't remember that at all.

Yup. When he first hit the streets as a vigilante, he was beaten so badly that he lost the ability to feel pain, and this is why after that initial beating he took he became a much "better" vigilante.

I remember the first movie being a lot more messed up than I would have thought; Kick Ass 2 sort of took that to a whole 'nutha level.

News Comments > Kick Ass 2 Next Month
7. Re: Kick Ass 2 Next Month Apr 23, 2014, 09:34 Shineyguy

InBlack wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 09:09:
Ive seen the first movie and was suitably entertained. Is the second one any good?

Unfortunately the second doesn't seem to try to follow the events of the first in a couple critical areas. One being how Kick Ass lost the ability to feel pain in the first movie (which was his "Superpower"), but apparently is able to feel pain without issue in the second. This hole wasn't explained at all.

Otherwise the movie was reasonably entertaining.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2014, 16:34 Shineyguy

jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 14:48:
Cutter wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 14:39:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 14:19:
Cutter wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 14:09:
1badmf wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 09:17:
you know what's a shitty turn of events?

Is it when people don't capitalize properly? Construct run on sentences? Or otherwise fail to make the attempt at utilizing basic grammar correctly? Yeah, that annoys me too.

Or when people focus the way an issue is presented instead of the addressing actual issue itself?

Grammar. The difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Or when someone doesn't know the difference between grammar and spelling?

Well, everything he spelled he spelled correctly, so his comment stands.

Honestly, I'm just tired of hearing week after week that "oh! Star Citizen raised another 1M dollars!" I don't give a shit. Stop reporting on it. Let us know when the game is in Beta phase and we actually get to SEE some content that was born from the fruit of the tree.

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
56. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 16:22 Shineyguy

MacLeod wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 15:11:
Shineyguy wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 09:36:
[and got some garbage like Ricochet,

Garbage? It's Tron's Deadly Discs man! That's at least worth the load up once.

I believe I was one of those that may have started the game up once, but played less than 6 minutes.

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
20. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 10:09 Shineyguy

Pigeon wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 09:53:
Prez wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 09:39:
That's probably close to my personal percentage actually. I'll get to them evetually.

I've been working through my back log and making progress. I've self instigated a moratorium on buying new games or playing MMOs. Currently working through Arkham City, which I bought over a year ago.

Don't feel bad. I've started Arkham Asylum 3 times now and STILL haven't finished it. Each time I start I play quite a bit for a week or two, then move back into playing the hot game that my buddies are playing (usually CoD of some kind, or Battlefield. However I skipped the Ghosts and MW3 wagon.)

392 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo