Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ

Real Name Russ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shineyguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description YES I misspell my nickname intentionally!
Oh, and why are you wasting your time coming here to look at what I've written anyway?? Shoo! SHOO!!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2005, 08:01
Total Comments 335 (Amateur)
User ID 23706

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 09:39 Shineyguy

Re: Forbes article on console sales - The Xbox isn't available in less than half of the markets that the PS4 is.

PS4 is available in 48 countries.
Xbox One is available in 21 countries.

Now how much this can affect overall sales I can't say, but one would think that being available in over twice the markets as your competitor would mean that you would make more sales potentially.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
55. Re: why??? Jan 23, 2014, 15:48 Shineyguy

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 15:26:
Messed around in CoD last night, was protecting our flag pretty well and capping theirs once in a while. I killed 3 people in a row that came around the corner in a group - next message on screen "xXBatmanXx don't camp" - ha! I just replied "F*** Off". Banned. Oh well.

I find it funny whenever anyone does good, everyone assumes it is because they are breaking a rule or cheating. So dumb. Not a server I want to play on anyway.

See, that doesn't make sense. Looks like you were playing CTF or Domination. Both those game modes involve so called "camping". Always makes me laugh when people say this.

It's kind of like in Battlefield how some complain about attackers "camping" the defender's uncap during a game of Rush. The cap points on Rush are IN THE DEFENDERS SPAWN. If you expect to be able to take an objective you need to protect your planted explosives on the point.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 23, 2014, 09:22 Shineyguy

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 09:17:
450k for a piece of glass?
Ouch

That's going to be a real pane to fix.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 22, 2014, 16:14 Shineyguy

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 14:32:
Maybe now AMD can produce proper CPU's again that aren't total crap compared to Intel's I7 line....

I'm sure they'd be happy to if they had even a fraction of Intel's R&D budget...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2014, 09:42 Shineyguy

Injuries from service are a b*tch... I have bad knees and a sore back from my 7 years I had spent in the Military and deployed to Iraq.

Military service appears to age your body an extra 10 years.

News Comments > AMD: Battlefield 4 "Up to 45% Faster" Using Mantle
60. Re: AMD: Battlefield 4 Jan 9, 2014, 09:51 Shineyguy

InBlack wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 08:10:
I dont see how ATI trying to up the ante by bringing another API to the table so that developers have the option to develop on it is somehow inducive of the sky falling or some such catastrophe??

Do a little research people before throwing feces around. This isnt PhysX, this isnt simply a driver update. Its a whole diferent API which is supposed to circumvent the bloated fuckshow slowass piece of shit which is DirectX.

Sure it might all be a bag of cocks for all we know, but at least the option is on the table and developers can choose to support it or not.

*disclaimer* I own an Nvidia card just in case anyone wants to accuse me of fanboism...

Thing is, there's always been the option to code for OpenGL, which also means that your engine wouldn't be tied to a Windows platform, and would make it easier for a game to be compiled for Linux, or any other number of platforms that support OpenGL (which is almost all).

News Comments > AMD: Battlefield 4 "Up to 45% Faster" Using Mantle
35. Re: AMD: Battlefield 4 Jan 8, 2014, 15:30 Shineyguy

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 14:42:
Quboid wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 13:44:
I presume the PS4 doesn't use DirectX

Ps4 DX11.2

That article is what the GPU on the APU supports, not about what API is in use on the PS4. As the PS4 is built using a modified FreeBSD platform, it's not using DirectX.

News Comments > Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum
6. Re: Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum Jan 8, 2014, 09:20 Shineyguy

Keep in mind this actually isn't much less than player counts for their Call of Duty games.  

News Comments > Next Car Game Early Access and Demo
4. Re: Next Car Game Early Access and Demo Dec 23, 2013, 12:00 Shineyguy

Tech Demo 1.0 and 2.0 are a blast. 2.0 is great with the physics cannon.  

News Comments > Red 5 Removes CEO Mark Kern
1. Re: Red 5 Removes CEO Mark Kern Dec 20, 2013, 09:57 Shineyguy

Keep forgetting I have a founder pass for this game. I need to get back into it to see what has changed. It was neat, just didn't have enough to grab me early on.  

News Comments > Terminal Reality Closed?
9. Re: Terminal Reality Closed? Dec 13, 2013, 10:24 Shineyguy

InBlack wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 03:41:
LittleMe wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 23:07:
Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 21:51:
Well that's a bummer. Terminal Velocity is one of my favorites. It was a shame they never got more recognition back then.

Same. Was fun to fire up the IPX network at a friend's place with Terminal Velocity as our warmup game! The music!! Too bad they left PC for the consoles.

TV was fucking awesome. Thats the only game I remember from these dudes.

Monster Truck Madness and MTM2.
4x4 Evolution and 4x4 Evolution 2.
Fury 3 and F! Zone (god, who can forget those?! They were developed specifically for Windows 95 when it came around)

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Early Access This Week
13. Re: Wasteland 2 Early Access This Week Dec 13, 2013, 10:08 Shineyguy

Lord Tea wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 08:52:
Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 08:13:
You're paying extra to help make sure the game is finished. It's not like the money is going into their pockets. And they don't have a big publisher to handle expensive QA testing.

If you don't want to pay extra simply wait for the final game to come out and buy it then. It's crazy how this has to be explained over and over and over again for idiots. I doubt the complainers would bother with proper testing and submitting bug reports/suggestions anyway. Hell, barely 20% of the Torment backers took the time to vote in a fucking poll about combat.

Thumbs up to that.

On a side note: The Beta is absolutely unplayable on my 2009 Dell laptop (i7 quad @ 1.6 GHz, Radeon HD5400, 4 Gb RAM), the fps is down to ~5, on lowest settings, 1680/1050. I doubt there will be a quantum leap in performance for the final version, so this game is going to need a pretty decent machine to run smoothly.

Really the only thing that is lacking in your system there is the GPU.

Wasteland 2 is built on Unity Engine I believe, so it should perform OK on mid rang systems.

Runs great on my PC, but it's pretty overpowered for the engine. Played a little more last night and I'm liking it so far.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Beta Begins
19. Re: Wasteland 2 Beta Begins Dec 12, 2013, 16:44 Shineyguy

Cutter wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 16:21:
Yeah, I fucking hate that betas are pre-sales tool now instead of actually about fixing bugs. If this thing is buggy as shit at release I'll be demanding a refund.

You actually got the game at the $15 level, so if you're donating, you automatically get the game.

Having people spend more in order to play Beta is a good thing IMO. Ensures that only those that are that adamant about playing Beta actually are also those that would normally provide feedback to inXile about the beta.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Beta Begins
12. Re: Wasteland 2 Beta Begins Dec 12, 2013, 10:04 Shineyguy

InBlack wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 06:53:
WyldKat wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 04:05:
Wasteland 2 is good, it's very good.

It's captured that feeling of playing FO1/2 for the first time. I'm also impressed by the sheer amount of skills in the game, and the game seems to make use of all of them. I also love the games quirky sense of humor. Giant fly? It's called a Supafly in Wasteland 2.

Oh fuck yeah! Does the game have an overarching storyline? Someone mentioned Fallout Tactics. I hated Fallout Tactics because, well it wasnt an RPG. Not really. Its not like Fallout Tactics is it?

It's like Wasteland. It may be "like" Fallout Tactics in that you have a team, but like I said, that's like Wasteland. It's nice that you can be zoomed in, or you can pull the camera back all the way to an isometric view.

I turned on battle lines.

Only played 20 minutes so far. Feel of the game so far is good. Haven't seen any bugs yet, but I will of course try to break stuff in order to report it to inXile.

13. Re: removed Dec 11, 2013, 13:00 Shineyguy

nin wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 10:01:
I posted a screenshot of this bozo who attempted to send me a "Blizzard Account Security" phishing email...only he did it from his personal gmail account, complete with his picture.

I invited anyone interested to rape his goldfarming email address, but Blue would prefer his site not be involved (which is fine).

Well, there's also the problem that the person that sent you that email may have had their Gmail account hijacked..

50. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2013, 16:49 Shineyguy

Atomic wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 12:33:
Creston wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 10:35:
I think my dad still has that modem somewhere, but I'll be buggered if I can remember that init string!

The best string was AT &F V1 &C1 &D2 X4 &K0 S11=50 S46=136 if you had a US Robotics Sportster 56K, but who didn't, right?

*Raises Hand*
People who had machines at the time really didn't have 56k modems. I had a 28.8k modem.

EDIT: You know what? The 28.8k modem was in my P200MMX machine. I remember having a 14.4k in the 486 DX-2/66 machine.

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2013, 16:56.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 4, 2013, 09:50 Shineyguy

I've always loved this guys Youtube channel. He has some GREAT Battlefield 3 clips in there. Mostly just being a dick with C4, but it's funny as hell.  

News Comments > Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Modification Coming to Steam
1. Re: Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Modification Coming to Steam Dec 2, 2013, 09:49 Shineyguy

All previous betas have been pretty chaotic but fun. Think GTA4/5 online play, but with more chaos.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 TMed
57. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2013, 10:26 Shineyguy

Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 09:17:
Frags4Fun wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 09:06:
Rigs wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 12:07:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 11:53:
Maybe that survivor 2299 site isn't fake after all.

thesurvivor2299.com

Is there supposed to be a 24-day countdown on that site?

=-Rigs-=

I'm going to try to translate that Morse Code when I get some time.

It was already translated to 11.12.13. Also the filename references Bridgeport, CT, which I find perfectly fitting if you ever visited that piece of shit city. I would buy the game just to see if the nuked out version of Connecticut is in a better shape than its real life counterpart.

...that's if all of this isn't a big hoax, and it's looking like it is.

Whoah whoah whoah. Hang on there. Those of us that live in Connecticut don't want Bridgeport here any more than you. But to say that all of CT should be nuked...

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2013, 15:56 Shineyguy

jdreyer wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 13:41:
I've read a lot of posts by current military and vets saying, "don't thank me for my service." It's awkward for many of them. One of them once said, "Buy me a beer instead." I got seated next to a young guy flying back from Afghanistan, his tour there done. The stewardess came around, and so I bought the guy a beer. We had a couple of Heinekens, and he told some stories. It was an enjoyable flight, and I got some insight, too.

It is a little awkward. What am I supposed to reply with? You're Welcome? Say "thanks"?

It was a job that I signed up for. Whether the person signed up before war, during, or after, it's still something that they were going to do...

I dunno. It is weird..

335 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo