Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ

Real Name Russ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shineyguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description YES I misspell my nickname intentionally!
Oh, and why are you wasting your time coming here to look at what I've written anyway?? Shoo! SHOO!!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2005, 08:01
Total Comments 455 (Amateur)
User ID 23706

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2015, 10:15 Shineyguy

I read a few articles on it Blue, seems that the new charges are in relation to some new information that was revealed in the HBO series that aired.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DirectX 12 to Allow Multi-Vendor GPU Mixing?
30. Re: DirectX 12 to Allow Multi-Vendor GPU Mixing? Feb 25, 2015, 16:45 Shineyguy

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 13:29:
Shineyguy wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 11:27:
To be fair, their statement about it was that they couldn't support such setups as that so they disabled it in their drivers.

From a support standpoint, I can completely agree with what they did. I would not want to have to try to support a competing vendors software and it's interaction with my own.

That's why it worked perfectly fine right? If it works fine, and people don't have a problem. And then they go out of their way to disable it, all that says is they threw a hissy fit. All they have to do in a support environment is say "we don't support that configuration and will offer no support on it." Problem solved.

Do you know what kind of support call volume that nVidia had received before they disabled this in their drivers? I remember seeing plenty of forum posts about people having issues with it (as well as some posts about people having it working.)

As a person that works in a support capacity in a large retail chain I.T. department, I would never want to have to support a product that I have limited visibility on. It's a nightmare and it costs companies a lot of money to have to devote resources to a product that they do not support.

News Comments > DirectX 12 to Allow Multi-Vendor GPU Mixing?
13. Re: DirectX 12 to Allow Multi-Vendor GPU Mixing? Feb 25, 2015, 11:27 Shineyguy

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 11:02:
ForgedReality wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 10:00:
I wasn't aware DirectX ever disabled it, but nVidia drivers did after a while, and there was someone working on creating a fix for each new version that came out to re-enable the feature, so I ran those drivers for a year or so.

DirectX doesn't disable it, it was nvidia via their drivers that did. Which is pretty typical of nvidia at times, they simply threw a hissy fit and decided to take their ball and run away.

As for AMD not competing? They seem to be doing just fine.

To be fair, their statement about it was that they couldn't support such setups as that so they disabled it in their drivers.

From a support standpoint, I can completely agree with what they did. I would not want to have to try to support a competing vendors software and it's interaction with my own.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Battlefield Hardline
21. Re: Gone Gold - Battlefield Hardline Feb 25, 2015, 11:06 Shineyguy

TangledThorns wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 08:37:
Slick wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 19:30:
TangledThorns wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 19:16:
I expect this game to be a big fail for DICE. I just hope its failure doesn't impact their Star Wars game, that is what I'm really waiting for!

this game isn't being made by DICE, it's being made by Visceral.

'the moar u know' *starwipe*

DICE is also involved with the development, read up to cure your ignorance.

I think their involvement ended with providing the engine and "expertise" on how to use it.

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit
42. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 15:58 Shineyguy

Creston wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 13:33:
NegaDeath wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 13:29:
I'm all for holding companies accountable but there's zero evidence of intentional false advertising here.

I don't think whether it was intentional has anything to do with it, it's still false advertising. And while everyone and sundry keeps going "Who the hell buys a card based on # of ROP?" that's beside the point. If you say your card has 64 ROP, it needs to have 64 ROP, not 56. If you say your card has 2MB of L2 cache, it needs to have 2MB of L2 cache, not 1.75.

Here's the thing though, it wasn't actually ADVERTISED as having those specs. That's just what nVidia was telling the review partners that those were the specs. On the acutal retail packaging none of that is mentioned, only the 4GB of VRAM, which it indeed has.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 19, 2015, 14:56 Shineyguy

@suppa

Even at that, I'm 32, have been gaming all my life and personally am having a riot playing Dying Light on PC with my friends.

I have an Xbox One, and use it almost every night. Granted I'm not always gaming (YouTube consumption takes up most of the time, with some Netflix and a little TV), but I enjoy Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, Master Chief Collection, and Dead Rising 3.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 18, 2015, 17:00 Shineyguy

The Surface Pro is actually more akin to an Ultrabook without an attached keyboard.

I've set up a Pro 2 and Pro 3 for work. They're both good machines, but the Pro 3 really nailed it with the 4:3 screen. Much more natural in tablet mode that way. Very slick design, and the keyboard cover is actually really useful.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed
13. Re: Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed Feb 13, 2015, 11:31 Shineyguy

jomisab wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 11:14:
SlimRam wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 10:34:
Because Mass Effect was always about multiplayer...

I guess it's just a must-have ingredient in games these days. If someone came out with a new take on Solitaire, it would probably have a multiplayer component.

Solebon Solitaire on the iPhone has multiplayer. You compete to see who completes the same shuffle first.

News Comments > Dying Light Free Hard Mode Update Coming
5. Re: Dying Light Free Hard Mode Update Coming Feb 12, 2015, 01:06 Shineyguy

Techie714 wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 23:44:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 22:16:
robdot wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 19:54:
I played this online on ps4 ,everyone was cheating...

ps4, there's the problem.

This guy!
Consoles FTL!

Look at his post history, he has a tendency to repeat himself.

Haven't seen a cheater yet in Dying Light on the PC. But then I just play with my friends. Very fun that way.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 10, 2015, 11:49 Shineyguy

Verno wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 10:39:
With the PS4 something like 8 million ahead in sales and growing its kind of no brainer for Titanfall 2 to be on the PS4.

"Last year it was Xbox only"...

Except, you know, I own it for PC. Seriously, it wasn't really worth it anyway. I had fun for a few hours, and haven't played it since. At least I stuck to my guns and bought it after I could find it for less than $40.

News Comments > Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details
10. Re: Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details Feb 10, 2015, 11:47 Shineyguy

Tim Collins wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:03:
Loot sucks, ability system is crap, the way you level up abilities is idiotic.

How is the way you level abilities idiotic? The more you use a particular type of skill, the more experience you get with it...

News Comments > Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details
9. Re: Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details Feb 10, 2015, 11:45 Shineyguy

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:28:
thanks guys. i went back to the archives all the way back to 27th when i was around. lots of mixed emotions/reviews around here. i am glad i didnt pre-order and hope for a strong summer/fall sale price.

I got in on a 4 pack with some friends, for that price I have found it very worth it so far. The only single player I have played has been to get out of the intro area so I can start playing with friends. Since then it's been a blast.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2015, 11:07 Shineyguy

nin wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 10:56:
He's got a point, in a way...

I can't figure out who's going to buy Hardline.

I'm having fun with it currently, but for being a game that's 1 month from release the polish on this game is, well, severely lacking. Definitely will not be worth the $60 they will charge if it releases in this current state.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2015, 11:27 Shineyguy

Losing feeling in my toes.

Not a bad commercial. Quite funny. Better than the Papa John's ones IMO.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2015, 10:39 Shineyguy

Did Blue just Groundhog Day us?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 30, 2015, 12:57 Shineyguy

Vio wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 12:17:
IAMLIT_REFLEX wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 11:33:
Forgive me for failing to read the article but there IS NO ISSUE with memory on the GTX 970. It has memory in two different locations with most of it in the first and the second only activates when it is necessary.

NVidia explained everything days ago.
The problem is when it starts using that memory actively it cuts performance by up to 50%.

This ^^^

Also, the specs that were released from nVidia prior were also incorrect, as the 970 doesn't have 64 ROPS among other things.

But the memory issue is very dodgy. Any time the framebuffer is filled and the remaining 512MB is accessed it cuts performance by the aforementioned figure. So if your game or whatever uses up to 3.5GB everything is hunky dory, but if it spills over even a tad you're hosed.

News Comments > Blizzard Rumors: "Low Expectations" for Heroes of the Storm?
12. Re: Blizzard Rumors: Jan 30, 2015, 11:33 Shineyguy

Zyrxil wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 11:12:
All things are not equal in the real world. Some no-name game from Namco going offline is far more likely than a hit game from Blizzard going offline. The Diablo 2 servers are still running 15 years after release.

Ah, but you'll still be able to play Diablo 2 even when the servers do eventually go down. Diablo 3? Not so much...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 23, 2015, 16:58 Shineyguy

HoloStudio is shipping with the units/Windows 10.

You guys should seriously give a listen to Windows Weekly. Mary Jo Foley and Paul Thurott give a lot of info on HoloLens.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2015, 11:09 Shineyguy

Come on Blue! It's the Badass Crater of Badassitude. This should be something you come to expect from Mr. Torgue!  

News Comments > All Platform Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming
6. Re: All Platform Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming Jan 14, 2015, 16:21 Shineyguy

I didn't find the previous beta all that terrible once I got used to the differences from BF4; but it would be nice to see all the changes that they've made to the game.  

455 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo