Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ

Real Name Russ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shineyguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description YES I misspell my nickname intentionally!
Oh, and why are you wasting your time coming here to look at what I've written anyway?? Shoo! SHOO!!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2005, 08:01
Total Comments 335 (Amateur)
User ID 23706

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
45. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 24, 2014, 00:41 Shineyguy

Beamer wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 21:25:
Hump wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 19:46:
No surprises here.

Scott and George have exposed themselves time and time again as the two biggest shitbags the gaming industry ever spawned.

Someone needs to sit them down and explain to them that money needs to be earned by hard work, not just catching up on their quarterly legal retainer payments.

I'm pretty sure Scott has been unconnected to 3DR for over a decade.

Yeah, he has. He's been making games under the old Apogee banner.

As for this story, it's Gearbox's right to litigate, and I don't fault them for that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month
14. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 12:46 Shineyguy

I just logged in last night and played a little. Still an OK game, but that's the problem; it's just "OK".

Hadn't logged in since some time in 2012. Wow..

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Signups
12. Re: Titanfall Beta Signups Feb 12, 2014, 00:50 Shineyguy

Beamer wrote on Feb 12, 2014, 00:47:
bigspender wrote on Feb 12, 2014, 00:21:
16 players in a tiny arena - pathetic. Was done to death 20 years ago.

Why do people keep repeating this?
Doom was 20 years ago.
Doom was 4 player deathmatch.

Comparing this to Doom is so 20 years ago. And dumb. And faulty. And dumb.

Agreed, I won't pass judgement on player size until I actually get to play it.

Right now it's a non issue for me.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 7, 2014, 09:45 Shineyguy

Hey Blue, they updated that article on HardOCP with a statement from Galaxy:

Update - 3:44PM CDT - From Galaxy NA's Facebook Page:

"In response to reports of an alleged end to Galaxy’s business in North America, we would like to make clear that Galaxy is not pulling out from the North American market. We have recently had some changes in our structure and discontinued working with our current sales rep in North America but have no intention of ceasing business and operations in the region.

"Galaxy will continue all support and service as usual. We have a full team of staff servicing users’ RMAs and our support hotline is still operating. Our service email is still working as usual, we will continue replacing cards for end users, and our warranties will be honored and valid."

Sort of relieved. Bought a Galaxy GTX780 shortly after release (damn, $650...) First time with a Galaxy card, but the experience has been quite smooth so far.

News Comments > Nadella New MS CEO; Gates Out as Chairman
17. Re: Nadella New MS CEO; Gates Out as Chairman Feb 4, 2014, 16:26 Shineyguy

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 16:24:
Oh, and everything and I mean e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g will be forgotten and forgiven if that Nutella clown shuts down the fucking Xbone division to refocus on PC Windows gaming. Honestly. I would try to crowdfund the most massively awesome blowjob this dude has ever gotten in his whole life if that became true. Like the Houston 620 with Nutella bro as Houston (well, and swap the guys for the gals... or maybe not if he doesn't want to... he straight or queer?).

Please. Make it so.

Holy shit, someone is a little bitter as well as quite a bit anti-Microsoft.

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Not Restricted to Preorders
8. Re: Titanfall Beta Not Restricted to Preorders Feb 3, 2014, 12:52 Shineyguy

From all I've seen, I'm sort of excited to try this game out. I don't particularly like Call of Duty, but you can't deny that the mechanics behind the game were great under Zampella and West. This looks like the kind of thing I've been aching for; I'm sick of contemporary shooters, I want something that is futuristic!  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: SiN Jan 31, 2014, 09:41 Shineyguy

SiN on Steam has the expansion pack.

I too loved SiN Episodes, the first one was a good foray. Unfortunately we won't see another as the studio closed.

News Comments > EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4
42. Re: EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4 Jan 29, 2014, 16:08 Shineyguy

Verno wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 15:30:
theglaze wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 15:25:
The 2014 DLC isn't going to sell well, especially when most BF3 players felt they overbought and didn't get full monies worth of gaming from it. I don't think they've adjusted the revenue expectations low enough for BF4 DLC, it will be abismal.

My problem with the BF3 DLC was that they barely finished delivering it before we got BF4. Hell the Second Assault DLC for BF4 is still "exclusively" on the Xbox right now. Dice can do some good map work but all sorts of business related shit gets in the way.

I say F*CK their exclusives! I bought it for the only platform it should be played on (PC) and own Premium, where's the DLC I paid for??

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2014, 09:27 Shineyguy

Bought the 4 pack last night, even though I own the GOG.com version and gifted a few copies around to people I play with regularly. Feels good to be able to play online without much hassle again!  

News Comments > EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4
1. Re: EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4 Jan 29, 2014, 09:18 Shineyguy

I love BF4, but massive innovation? No, purely iterative. Commander is neat, but it's not innovative, you're just adding something back that's been missing for years. Battlescreen/Commander from tablets is cool, but that's doesn't effect stability of the game itself on other platforms.

And 2 entirely new consoles? Don't make me laugh, they're just x86! One based on Linux, the other on the Windows Kernel. How is that really new?!

News Comments > February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month
9. Re: February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month Jan 28, 2014, 16:45 Shineyguy

Yeah, taking advantage of all those shortcuts myself. I play often, but I still haven't unlocked everything.

So, now all I'll have to do is unlock the attachments. Yay!

And one battlepack per day? Sweet.

News Comments > MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson
7. Re: MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson Jan 27, 2014, 12:20 Shineyguy

And Forza.  

News Comments > MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson
3. Re: MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson Jan 27, 2014, 12:12 Shineyguy

Topevoli wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 12:04:
Well that's a shame..

I don't think it is. I'd love to see Epic able to actually work on something other than Gears.

News Comments > Valve Beta Streaming Impressions
9. Re: Valve Beta Streaming Impressions Jan 27, 2014, 11:38 Shineyguy

I REALLLLLLLY want to try out the streaming from Steam client to Steam client. I have a PC attached to my big TV downstairs, and instead of having to log off my main PC in order to log in at my TV, I'd rather just stream from my main gaming rig to the TV PC. The TV PC isn't really a slouch (Core2Quad @ 4.0GHz, GTX470), but the main rig is faster, and if I can get around having to log off one PC to log into the other I'm all for it.

Coincidentally, couldn't I also get around that issue with the "family sharing" thing? I still haven't been able to figure that out.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 10:59 Shineyguy

Verno wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 10:54:
You seem to think any of this matters though. See my answer below. Microsoft cherry picked the countries where it thought it could do the most sales and so did Sony. Microsoft released more stock into less territories, they have now have a stock surplus because of that. That is their mistake though and we don't really know how it would have sold so guessing is pointless. Likewise Sony didn't release in Japan which could skew the numbers greatly...or have no effect at all. All people can do is compare totals sold which is a fair comparison right now regardless of who released in what territory when.

When it comes to total units sold, for a completely unbiased comparison to be done an item needs to be sold in all the same markets. Or to make the comparison you only figure in the markets where both are available. Since we can't do that then we can only speculate.

Regardless of available markets, the Xbox One is selling quite well, they're only 300,000 units behind the PS4 despite being available in less than half the countries where the PS4 can be purchased.

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 10:54 Shineyguy

Creston wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 10:44:
Shineyguy wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 10:39:
Creston wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 10:19:
1) Because it's $100 cheaper. (People didn't seem to have much of an issue buying PS3s when they released for more than the Xbox One's price point of $500)

Please. That's what you're going to throw up? The Xbox 360 MURDERED the PS3 in sales for the first three to four years of their respective lives.

As for your last comment... Really???

I'm sorry your purchase of an Xbone makes you feel that you have to defend that decision so vigorously. You made a bad call. #dealwithit.

I don't remember much murdering happening. After the Xbox 360 release Sony dropped their pricing pretty quickly, and PS3 sales picked up. For a long time Xbox 360 was behind, only near the end of their respective life cycles did Xbox 360 start outpacing PS3.

And I made a bad call with the Xbox One? How can you quantitatively tell me I did so? This is a subjective matter (which console to buy) when it comes to the end of it, so you can't really say one way or the other. That's like saying I made a bad call buying a Mac over a PC, you can't really argue something like that as it's subjective.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 10:51 Shineyguy

InBlack wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 10:38:
I never said you did, all Im saying is that the number of countries involved is irrelevant if we dont know which countries they are.

I didn't look into the released countries, only did a quick google skim and got the number of countries each is available for purchase in. I'm sure with more research it wouldn't be hard to figure out.

OK, looking at Microsoft's press release, on launch the console was available in Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom, United States and New Zealand. And they go on to say that they will be launching Xbox One in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, as soon as possible in 2014.

And looking at Sony's press release this is how it went down for their launch: November 15th they launch in US and Canada. On the 29th of the same month they're available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama and Peru. In December they went on sale in South Africa, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, and Taiwan.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 10:39 Shineyguy

Creston wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 10:19:
1) Because it's $100 cheaper. (People didn't seem to have much of an issue buying PS3s when they released for more than the Xbox One's price point of $500)
2) Because it runs equivalent games far better. (May be true, but I've yet to see anything detrimental to my experience)
3) Because it doesn't have a built-in NSA FapCam. (Well, that's, like, your opinion man..)
4) Because it's not sold by Microsoft. (Not sure why people think this is a valid argument)
5) Because it's available in a lot more countries. (This is what I tried impart on my post.)

Come February, when it becomes available in Japan, PS4 sales will rapidly outshine Xbone sales.

Just about the only reason MS is selling consoles at all is because of Stockholm Syndrome.

Yes, PS4 will sell like hot cakes in Japan, but that's hardly newsworthy, Sony always sells very well in their home market.

As for your last comment... Really???

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 10:34 Shineyguy

InBlack wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 09:42:
Shineyguy wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 09:39:
Re: Forbes article on console sales - The Xbox isn't available in less than half of the markets that the PS4 is.

PS4 is available in 48 countries.
Xbox One is available in 21 countries.

Now how much this can affect overall sales I can't say, but one would think that being available in over twice the markets as your competitor would mean that you would make more sales potentially.

Those numbers may as well be pulled out of your ass unless you have the population numbers and specific country release dates to back up your claims.

Which numbers? The markets the consoles are available in? That's a cold hard number provided by both Microsoft and Sony themselves.

As far as potential for sale? Well I didn't specify any numbers did I?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2014, 09:44 Shineyguy

InBlack wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 09:18:
The only difference that I can sometimes perceptively notice between canned beer and the bottled version of the same brand is the ammount of CO2 present. For some reason the canned versions seem to have more fizz.

As far as draught, or straight from the tap beer, I avoid it like the plague for one simple reason. In a lot of bars and places of disrepute I frequent, the beer on tap is usually a watered down version of the bottled brand. Ive noticed this trend seemingly everywhere. Club and Bar owners are cheapskates. No disrespect to any present company on these boards, but fuck you and your watered down crap in case you are reading this.

(Germany seems to be the exception in this case, I was on a short tour to Germany last year and german beer trumps all other beer as far as quality is concerned pretty much everywhere in Germany)

Germans know their shit when it comes to beer. Did you have a chance to visit the oldest brewery in the world (it's in the mountains at an old monastery.)? It's quite the trip and kinda cool up there.

As far as bottles vs. cans, for pretty much any beverage you can tell there's a difference in taste between the two. I certainly can with sodas.

335 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo