Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ

Real Name Russ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shineyguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description YES I misspell my nickname intentionally!
Oh, and why are you wasting your time coming here to look at what I've written anyway?? Shoo! SHOO!!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2005, 08:01
Total Comments 513 (Apprentice)
User ID 23706

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Begins; No OS X Version
4. Re: Overwatch Beta Begins; No OS X Version Oct 28, 2015, 16:42 Shineyguy

necrosis wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 15:36:
LittleMe wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 14:44:
I'm glad the game checks the RPM of your HDD. Many people with a 7180 RPM drive can't run it at all.
They still make drives slower than 7200?

I believe you're being sarcastic, but my turn to be pedantic.

Yes, any "Green" or low power drive, or any laptop spinning disk for that matter is less than 7200RPM.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Today
18. Re: Overwatch Beta Today Oct 28, 2015, 09:56 Shineyguy

Bub wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 07:01:
Actually that was part of my point games like TF2 have pretty much saturated that market, the only people I see leaving TF2 for this new game are the 1% with the best rigs that can take advantage of all the new eye-candy. Also I don't expect TF2 to retaliate with newer more flashy version.

This is Blizzard we're talking about. They will make sure that the largest group of players possible is able to comfortably play the game.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
17. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 26, 2015, 11:14 Shineyguy

killer_roach wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 21:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 20:54:
The funny thing is that now, people actually do WANT a powerful machine that does everything.. they just don't want it from Microsoft

Well, "powerful" sort of rules out the Xbox One... and, to be honest, probably the PS4 as well...

Only thing that the PS4 has over the Xbox One is a few more GPU cores...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 21, 2015, 20:51 Shineyguy

"YouTube Red", not to be confused with "RedTube".  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
66. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2015, 10:23 Shineyguy

InBlack wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 10:08:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 03:31:
harlock wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 14:24:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 14:05:
Shorter Harlock.

Every time this has happened in the past: pulsars, the "face" on Mars, etc. it has turned out to be a natural phenomena. Occam's razor dude.

good thing you've already got it figured out. mystery solved! yeh you should let these stupid scientists know whats up, you will probably win the nobel prize for your heroics

You must have failed elementary school, since you lack any reading comprehension. It would explain your inability to form proper sentences, spell, or use punctuation. I never claimed to have it solved, I just lamented spending the most resources on the least likely answer. But, hey, if you want to believe it's little green men, be my guest.

I think you are kind of over-reacting jdreyer. First of all this is Space Captain Harlock you are talking to, so take that into consideration. Second, whatever it is, it's unusual enough to warrant a second, third and fourth look. So looking at it through the Van Allen Array or whatever best radio telescope they got is hardly a waste of resources. It's probably something less mundane than space Aliens, but these are proper astronomers we are talking about here, and whatever you or I have read in the media, I'm reasonably sure it was way overblown and these people are aware of the scientific process and will do a good job investigating whatever it is.

If anyone hasn't, you need to RTFA. The spokesman for the array has said people should temper their expectations to meet what has been found previously in history.

As for Star Wars; I'm totally geeked out but probably won't be seeing it until Tues. matinee.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 19, 2015, 11:27 Shineyguy

InBlack wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 02:49:
No. 1 bestselling game all week hasn't even been released yet. I wonder how many of those who bought in on the hype will be completely underwhelmed and disappointed once the game ships?

I'm a sucker for anything Fallout, pre-ordered both the game and the season pass for it.

Though I did it through GMG, got the game for $43 and the season pass for 20% off. So I'm still only all in at around $60.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Live-Action Trailer
22. Re: Fallout 4 Live-Action Trailer Oct 16, 2015, 09:43 Shineyguy

It's not common for video games, but there have been quite a few live-action trailers recently.

Live-action is a term that is used when something is normally animated in some way. Like the big deal that was made when the Dragon Ball movie was going to be live-action rather than animated. Course we know how that turned out...

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released
10. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released Oct 13, 2015, 10:24 Shineyguy

I'm happy they chose wisely and did NOT do it the Star Citizen way: add more shit and ask for more money and release videos and small tech demos.

This is Brian Fargo we're talking about here. He'd never let it get to that point.

6. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released Oct 13, 2015, 10:06 Shineyguy

Slashman wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 09:57:
Shineyguy wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 09:49:
I'm still not quite sure why a crowd funded game, which was a digital release would have a "Director's Cut"? Should the game release ALREADY BE the "Director's Cut"?

You build the game according to the funds you get and then after that, if it sells well enough, you add a bunch of extra things that you couldn't before based on the campaign.

Not sure how that's hard to understand.

You'd think at well over $3m raised it would have had the full treatment the first time...

3. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released Oct 13, 2015, 09:49 Shineyguy

I'm still not quite sure why a crowd funded game, which was a digital release would have a "Director's Cut"? Should the game release ALREADY BE the "Director's Cut"?  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2015, 14:38 Shineyguy

The slide tackle could be "standard" for baseball, however in the MLB's own rule book it explicitly states that performing a slide tackle to take out someone in play is illegal.

So the umpires are in the wrong by not enforcing this rule across the board.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 14:21 Shineyguy

jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 12:52:
Shineyguy wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 10:32:
Kid makes me sad that I live in CT, and am a CT native.

Between this guy and the mac and cheese kid that just got expelled from UConn, what's in the watter in CT?

A year is good amount. Long enough for the seriousness of the crime, but not so long as to burden society. This guy's not a hardened criminal and I'd be surprised if he did this ever again.

To be fair, the main UCONN campus is out in the boondocks (re: redneck) area of CT.

Generally we are nicer, and more decent than what has been going on here. Think of us as a "nicer" NY or Boston. But don't mistake that for being like the south.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 10:32 Shineyguy

Kid makes me sad that I live in CT, and am a CT native.  

News Comments > Voice Actors Authorize Strike
16. Re: Voice Actors Authorize Strike Oct 8, 2015, 13:01 Shineyguy

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 12:16:
People should read their actual situation and goals, they seem quite reasonable in their requests. Some of the shit they are currently subject to, on the other hand, seems pretty ridiculous.

"Many actors feel unsafe without a stunt coordinator because they are often asked to do things that could potentially be dangerous to themselves or others. For example, once, without a stunt coordinator on set, a video game developer tried to do a wire pull - which means he basically made himself jerk really hard and fast across a room - without someone on set to monitor his safety. He, of course, got hurt and couldn’t go back to work for a long while. This is just one instance among many."

Nobody played Baldur's Gate 1 or 2? Dead Space(1 and 2)? Trine? Red Dead Redemption? That Tomb Raider reboot? Dragon Age Origins? Even System Shock 2? Any number of arguably great games actually did have somewhat important to potentially vital voice acting. Sure, games could be made without ANY voice work, but the industry is billions of dollars past that point now.

Good luck to SAG/AFTRA, I'm sure they won't get everything they ask for, but hopefully they improve their situation.

The original Fallout from 1997. Here's a quick list of actors off the top of my head:

Keith David
Ron Perlman
Richard Dean Anderson
Tony Shaloub

Among many other very talented people that also voiced other characters in the game. They all did a great job voicing their parts in that game.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 6, 2015, 13:10 Shineyguy

nin wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 08:40:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 02:28:
El Pit wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 02:03:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 23:20:
13 year olds do die of natural causes, but it's pretty unusual. I hope the police are looking hard at this.

Also, she announces his death in Showcard Gothic font??? What the fuck?

They also put a link to their merchandise right under the announcement of the death of their son...

Wow. Shameless. I hope this isn't a case of Munchausen syndrome by proxy. If so, those other kids could be in danger.

I hate to be That Guy, but my first thought was "hoax"? I mean, it's the internet, after all...

Hoax would have been nice, but, no. Local PD released a statement about it. They ended their investigation, and handed the case over to the M.E.'s office.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 29, 2015, 12:48 Shineyguy

Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 11:56:
Why don't they just ban the stupid things? What legitimate need does anyone have for a handheld laser in the first place anyway?

I'll amend that to green lasers.

Red lasers used as pointing devices, yeah that's OK. But no one really has a NEED for a green laser, at least not in the civilian sector.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Not Specced Yet
14. Re: Fallout 4 Not Specced Yet Sep 15, 2015, 09:20 Shineyguy

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 03:32:
shihonage wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 01:25:
Will require SSD for those "entering tiny hut/exiting tiny hut" loading screens.
Witcher 3 did a hell of a good job of killing the whole "entering/exiting" cells bit, sadly it can be done with the engine in Skyrim with no problems already especially with cities. Can't be done on consoles, since they still have a massive memory problem.

Not quite sure about the memory problem, seeing as how both current gen consoles have 8gb of memory, I think 6gb or so of which is available to applications.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Syndicate Delayed
1. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Syndicate Delayed Aug 26, 2015, 15:54 Shineyguy

Likely fallout from the extremely botched PC release of Batman....  

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
3. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 10:12 Shineyguy

"And through that, we’re going to subpoena and depose every single key person"

Because that's what they need; another delay to development.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2015, 21:54 Shineyguy

Julio wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 20:37:
RoboNerd wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 13:43:
Hats off to the American and British passengers for quick action on that Islamo-facist who thought a train would be easy pickins. Well done Smart

Glad to see they took him down. Religion of peace my ass.

Same could have been said for Christianity. Can't account for crazy in every religion; they all have them, and at one time or another the crazies give the rest a bad name.

513 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo