Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ

Real Name Russ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shineyguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description YES I misspell my nickname intentionally!
Oh, and why are you wasting your time coming here to look at what I've written anyway?? Shoo! SHOO!!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2005, 08:01
Total Comments 380 (Amateur)
User ID 23706

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed
23. Re: 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed Jun 5, 2014, 16:44 Shineyguy

I gotta get back into this game. It was great fun on the Xbox One. Multiplayer is a little clunky to get started, but sooooo worth it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 29, 2014, 13:26 Shineyguy

Darks wrote on May 29, 2014, 10:38:
nin wrote on May 29, 2014, 10:18:
Telling the truth should never be viewed as a crime.

bullshit nin, the guy is a traitor. Donít admire someone for an act of treason. Had you spent any time serving this country in the military you would understand that.

I did spend time in the military, was deployed, saw combat, received a Combat Infantry Badge.

Don't have any issue with what Snowden did; he showed the world how badly behaved our government actually is.

News Comments > NVIDIA Responds to AMD Accusations
9. Re: NVIDIA Responds to AMD Accusations May 29, 2014, 09:48 Shineyguy

RaZ0r! wrote on May 28, 2014, 20:10:
I'm never giving up my Matrox Millennium

Oh man, Matrox. Good times. I remember one of my Gateway PCs had a Matrox Mystique 8mb card. "Hacking" Quake 2 to use it as a 3d Accelerator was a revelation for me.

I remember lusting after the G200 and G400 at the time.

News Comments > AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS
13. Re: AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS May 27, 2014, 13:00 Shineyguy

No, it was deprecated BECAUSE it was released in 2003 while Vista released in 2006.  

News Comments > AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS
10. Re: AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS May 27, 2014, 12:43 Shineyguy

ochentay4 wrote on May 27, 2014, 12:29:
EDIT: Also, thanks for NVIDIA FX cards are crippled and they were never supported in VISTA and after. This is because the card was never full DX9 compliant. I still have a FX5600 and I hated NVIDIA so much when Vista came out!

FX5600 was already deprecated when Vista came out. Surprised you had even tried to use that with Vista...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2014, 22:28 Shineyguy

Cutter wrote on May 23, 2014, 13:41:
Verno wrote on May 23, 2014, 12:48:
Have fun waving at moose while you lament the Maple Leafs and apologize way too often. Canada, dontchayaknow eh?

Dat maple syrup though!

We run from meese. Most of us hate the Maple Laffs. I'm sorry, but we don't apologize way too often. And Vermont maple syrup is better than K-bec maple syrup.

Speaking of which, I only recently learned that the reason maple syrup is so goddamned expensive is that the producers are engaged in criminal collusion. That's right, they actually hoarde the stuff and dole it out in limited amounts like diamonds in order to inflate the value. They actually have a maple syrup reserve of several million gallons. And somehow this is legal. It boggles the mind.

Dig it.

Maple syrup worth up to $30M stolen in Quebec

The warehouse, in St-Louis-de-Blandford, 160 kilometres northeast of Montreal, held about 3.4 million litres of bulk maple syrup and is part of a global strategic reserve of the sticky liquid.

Global strategic reserve? Yeah, because in time of war or natural crisis the people NEED maple syrup!

Hey, from what I've seen of your military while I was deployed to Iraq, you fuckers are goddamned nuts!

If anyone ever tried to invade Canada to take the maple syrup, they'll sadly find that the Canadian "kindness" was a front, and Canadians are truly batshit insane and will tear your head off with their teeth.

News Comments > PROJECT V1 Countdown
1. Re: PROJECT V1 Countdown May 21, 2014, 10:31 Shineyguy

Did they ever reveal what this game was going to be about? FPS?  

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week
12. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week May 19, 2014, 14:16 Shineyguy

Not developed by Monolith. Don't care....  

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2014, 13:55 Shineyguy

Rattlehead wrote on May 19, 2014, 12:28:
TangledThorns wrote on May 19, 2014, 10:42:
Godzilla rocked, can't wait for the sequel which they announced will happen.
It's already been announced

So they announced the film that they announced?

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2014, 09:45 Shineyguy

If "Star Fox" had an Honest Trailer...

It'd go something like this:

"Fox! Do a barrel roll!"

That's it.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 18, 2014, 21:40 Shineyguy

Jivaro wrote on May 18, 2014, 11:09:
I have seen this in action as well. There are a couple of workarounds that people claim work, but no actual "fix" for the core problem. I don't have any first hand knowledge as to whether they actually work or not. One requires that you are aware of the problem existing before you actually make the switch from iOS to Android, so in other words, it's not very useful. The other one, and the one more likely to help people, is related to iCloud. Some people claim that if you delete your phone from your iCloud account your texts will start going through again. Again, I haven't tried it personally but there it is if someone here wants to try it.

Another potential way to fix the issue is to have the sending party delete the conversation with you from their phone, and select your contact again for a new thread, ensuring that they are sending SMS messages rather than iMessages.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 10, 2014, 00:58 Shineyguy

nin wrote on May 9, 2014, 23:07:
You can always take an update or three off. I know you won't, but there's no need to apologize.

Not only that, but for the reason given there isn't any need to be sorry.

News Comments > On Advanced Warfare Realism and Sledghammer's Cancelled Game
19. Re: On Advanced Warfare Realism and Sledghammer's Cancelled Game May 5, 2014, 16:48 Shineyguy

SpectralMeat wrote on May 5, 2014, 16:16:
Fion wrote on May 5, 2014, 16:14:
I don't see this game being any better than the last few MW games. How good could it be when they have less than a year to make it?
You do realize that there are 3 different studios working on this franchise now right?
Each studio takes it's turn to release a new game every 3 years.

Right, where before there were only two studios making a Call of Duty game (Infinity Ward and Treyarch), they only had 2 years to develop a full game. This, predictably, led to "more of the same" gameplay we've been seeing, and incredibly harsh crunch time environments for the developers (I know someone on the CoD team at Treyarch). Now that they have three studios working on a CoD game, all developers now have an extra year to devote to their title, and this should help with the quality and polish of each CoD title every year.

So, Sledghammer HAS actually been working on this game in quite some secret for the past 3 years, and with a new take on CoD I can't see this as being a bad thing.

I know the guy I know at Treyarch is thankful for the fact that they have 3 years to develop their game now, he has time to put more effort into the work that he is doing for their next iteration.

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
16. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 16:05 Shineyguy

BobBob wrote on May 1, 2014, 15:45:
$17.89 billion versus ???

Vs. not nearly as much.

News Comments > Hellraid Delayed for Overhaul
8. Re: Hellraid Delayed for Overhaul May 1, 2014, 09:29 Shineyguy

Shineyguy wrote on May 1, 2014, 09:24:
Fantaz wrote on May 1, 2014, 03:51:
bigspender wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 23:47:
Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 21:29:
2 year delay? Means it's shit. Sure looks like it.

By shit, do you mean totally awesome?

Its a first person Diablo essentially.

First person Diablo? one game that i remember such as that would be Hellgate: London

i'm surprised why they decided to go with the Chrome Engine? tho Dying Light does indeed look pretty darn impressive

Well, it's Techland, so not all that strange for them to go with the technology that they've been building and iterating on for a while.

Honestly, I'm quite surprised to hear the Techland name, as well as Chrome. I remember both developer and engine technology, but can't remember the last time I heard about them both. It's been a while.

Well shit, I didn't realize that they developed Call of Juarez, as well as GTI Racing and Xpand Rally. I've been out of it for a while.

News Comments > Hellraid Delayed for Overhaul
7. Re: Hellraid Delayed for Overhaul May 1, 2014, 09:24 Shineyguy

Fantaz wrote on May 1, 2014, 03:51:
bigspender wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 23:47:
Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 21:29:
2 year delay? Means it's shit. Sure looks like it.

By shit, do you mean totally awesome?

Its a first person Diablo essentially.

First person Diablo? one game that i remember such as that would be Hellgate: London

i'm surprised why they decided to go with the Chrome Engine? tho Dying Light does indeed look pretty darn impressive

Well, it's Techland, so not all that strange for them to go with the technology that they've been building and iterating on for a while.

Honestly, I'm quite surprised to hear the Techland name, as well as Chrome. I remember both developer and engine technology, but can't remember the last time I heard about them both. It's been a while.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 15:20 Shineyguy

Yosemite Sam wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 13:42:
I'm not much of a late night talk show person, but I've seen them all from time to time and Craig was the funniest of the bunch. Course I like that brit humor, guess it doesn't fly with most americans.

Except he's, you know, Scottish.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 11:35 Shineyguy

Jivaro wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 11:15:
This is why I don't like to watch new shows on Fox. If I like them...they will almost assuredly be cancelled.

Craig was awesome...his twist on late night was great. I hope they don't replace him with someone that lacks a "twist".

On the plus side, at least NBC is keeping Blacklist. I went 2 for 4 this season. I liked Agents of Shield, Blacklist, Intelligence, and Almost Human. Only 2 of them survived....and quite frankly...if AoS had been cancelled I would have been extremely disappointed but not surprised. I feel like the only person on the planet that actually likes the show.

Still...it's been awhile since my DVR had any additions. It was a good year for TV in general.

Shit, I like Intelligence as well.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 09:16 Shineyguy

Yeah, I liked the show as well. Was just starting to heat up and find it's groove in the story line.

Sigh, another good show to bite the dust. Just like Life. I loved that damned show. At least it made it two seasons.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 29, 2014, 13:19 Shineyguy

This is true. I've been waiting to replace my 4x4gb sticks that I got for $100 a couple years ago with a 2x8gb setup, but the prices are hovering around $30-$50 more than what I bought my current setup for.

BTW, with 16GB of memory, I've turned off my paging file and have had no ill effect whatsoever on my system.

380 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo