Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ

Real Name Russ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shineyguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description YES I misspell my nickname intentionally!
Oh, and why are you wasting your time coming here to look at what I've written anyway?? Shoo! SHOO!!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2005, 08:01
Total Comments 476 (Amateur)
User ID 23706

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Syndicate Delayed
1. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Syndicate Delayed Aug 26, 2015, 15:54 Shineyguy

Likely fallout from the extremely botched PC release of Batman....  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
3. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 10:12 Shineyguy

"And through that, we’re going to subpoena and depose every single key person"

Because that's what they need; another delay to development.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2015, 21:54 Shineyguy

Julio wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 20:37:
RoboNerd wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 13:43:
Hats off to the American and British passengers for quick action on that Islamo-facist who thought a train would be easy pickins. Well done Smart

Glad to see they took him down. Religion of peace my ass.

Same could have been said for Christianity. Can't account for crazy in every religion; they all have them, and at one time or another the crazies give the rest a bad name.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch in Testing
9. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch in Testing Aug 21, 2015, 11:32 Shineyguy

Quinn wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 10:12:
jomisab wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 10:00:
Skipping the boot-up splash screens? Seems like a 5-minute programming job.

That was the one thing I wanted to comment on, too xD What. The. Fuck?! It's like this is their little joke about it all, saying "our team is so incompetent, that fixing this one thing requires weeks of trial and error programming and testing". Personally, I fixed it in one minute myself.

As for the performance issues, I was being the devil's advocate for a while here since the game ran fine on my GTX980 system. However, there were hickups and frame drops that should NOT have been there considering the average graphics, I admit in retrospect. In the end even for me the performance was crappy enough to just quit playing entirely at some point while I was nearly at the end. This is a good thing, because not knowing the ending makes a good performance replay much more fun -- there's still the mystery of the ending ahead.

To be fair, the team fixing the issues isn't the one that ported the game to PC.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2015, 10:07 Shineyguy

Man, that guy is getting blasted on their forums. For good reason too.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Win 10 Aug 19, 2015, 09:24 Shineyguy

Bub wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 09:05:
As more Win 10 game performance comparisons come out, it is clear this new OS offers no significant practical benefit to the user.

This OS is mainly for the benefit of Microsoft. It gives them complete control over your PC. They can monitor it, delete files they don't like, prevent any program they want from running, the whole nine yards. Things like DRM that consumers showed no interest in, can now be sliptreamed into place without the consumers knowledge, at least until they try to play a game or music file that MS has chosen to fry.

Win 10 is big brother dressed up in a colorful but rather square package.

Windows 10's big draw for gamers is DX12, and WDDM2.0. Benchmarks may say otherwise, but to my eyeballs all my games run smoother, and I have less issues with overclocking my monitor and games seeing the new refresh rate.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2015, 16:55 Shineyguy

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 11:05:
90 whole degrees for a blistering streak of 3 days! That's so cute.

It was already 80 on the way in to work at 0730.

It was 77* on the way to work here in CT.

90*, yes. Also above 50% humidity. Have fun with that...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 14, 2015, 21:20 Shineyguy

Ecthelion wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 15:58:
I think that most of us here are mature enough not to be platform fanboys. I was never anti-Xbox even when I just had the PS3 and PS4. I like the PS4 controller better, but I hate the hard-to-push Share and Options buttons. I like the Xbox One controller well enough (at least when it has the Charge and Play battery pack, I refuse to change controller batteries), but the face and shoulder buttons seem harder to push than on the Dual Shock 4. I know when I was playing Thomas Was Alone (for the 2nd or 3rd time, it's a great game) on Xbox One I missed a lot of jumps because the controller didn't register me tapping the jump button all the time.

To be honest, those controller complaints (missing presses of buttons) were addressed with controller firmware updates. Have you made sure your controllers are up to date?

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 14, 2015, 11:20 Shineyguy

I don't think I've seen any sort of issues with slowness with the UI, however currently I have only used my Xbox for Netflix and YouTube. Haven't played a game on it in months.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2015, 17:02 Shineyguy

jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 14:48:
Shineyguy wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 09:10:
nin wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 09:04:
Happy International Lefthanders Day!

Woot woot! I can't wait to write something down today and then smudge the ink with my hand!

An unfortunate daily occurrence for us left handers...

On the up side, left handers are supposedly more creative. And being a lefty in a righty's world means lots of extra neural pathways created by forcing you to use your right hand for things. Lastly, lefties are anecdotally better in bed.

Fun fact: Presidents Obama, Clinton, HW Bush, and Ford are all lefties, and Reagan was ambidexterous. W and Nixon were righties.

While I'm left handed, I do do some odd tasks with my right.

I use scissors with my right hand, I am unable to use left handed scissors with my left hand. For some reason I just can't get the hang of it.

If I play basketball, I shoot right handed. Always felt more natural for me. However I play baseball left handed, and golf left handed.

I eat normally, that is to say that I hold the fork in my left and use the knife with my right.

I'm a right handed shooter. Shooting left is unnatural to me, and I do need to break myself of that. Less of a priority now however.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2015, 09:10 Shineyguy

nin wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 09:04:
Happy International Lefthanders Day!

Woot woot! I can't wait to write something down today and then smudge the ink with my hand!

An unfortunate daily occurrence for us left handers...

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 12, 2015, 13:49 Shineyguy

SlimRam wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 12:34:
  • Crackdown 3 (finally) proves why Microsoft put Xbox One's head in the cloud.

• I played the first one and it was pretty fun but...aren't these guys supposed to be cops? How does destroying the city translate into " Protect and Serve". I can see the news interview with the police chief now...

"Chief, you're officers did 40 billion dollars in damage and cost the lives of at lease 1000 people. How do you respond to these allegations of blatant disregard for human life?"

"Well, we got our man. Now the citizens of this fine town, however many may have survived, can breathe easier knowing this criminal scum is off our decimated streets."

You played as a "corporate agent", much like private police. at the end of the first game it turns out you were used to be a pawn in getting control of the city.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Season 11 Plans
    7. Re: Star Trek Online Season 11 Plans Aug 10, 2015, 11:03 Shineyguy

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 10:57:
    InBlack wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 09:02:
    Have they made the away missions NOT suck? I played for a while a couple of years back and managed to get quite far in very few hours. Didn't pay a dime too. I just did the story missions and while the space missions and combat were awesome the terrible, awful, POS boring away missions just made me want to puke all the time. This is why I quit.

They revamped all ground combat a few years ago, from what I hear(wasn't playing then) it's massively improved over what it was.

I played in the past couple years, ground combat was quite good.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2015, 22:09 Shineyguy

Cutter wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 16:00:
    Blue, you need some motivation from the good people of the U.S. Army. Did you know they do more by 9AM than most people do all day?

While mostly true, after I left Active Duty service, I quickly reversed course.

Too early for that shit.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
    28. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 4, 2015, 10:42 Shineyguy

born2expire wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 18:22:
    LOL windows 10 is a steaming POS. 8-15 second boot without video drivers in, 15+ min with video drivers, lol.

Wouldn't install on 2 of the 4 machines i tired it on, I could go on all day.

I'll give it another try in 6+ months.

I updated from 8.1 to 10, on an old OCZ Vector SSD 512gb. Boot time after post is something like 5-10 seconds. Same if not better than my 8.1 install.

Latest nVidia WHQL drivers, all latest other drivers. I also have two Samsun 830s in my PC. Running OCZ and Samsung utilities in system tray as well.

I suggest you guys check your installs for issues.

News Comments > Op Ed
    3. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2015, 10:45 Shineyguy

Frags4Fun wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 10:01:
    I will never install Windows 10. Check this out.
    Microsoft’s new small print – how your personal data is (ab)used

Why on Earth would anyone install an OS that so blatantly spies on it's users?

I may have gotten this link from someone here on Bluesnews yesterday.

EDIT: I stopped using Windows 10 over 6 months ago because of all the spying and MS promised that all that would be removed by release and the data was only being used to improve Windows 10. I guess that was a steaming pile of bullshit. All the shills were repeating the same PR lines. I hope that this destroys MS. F*&^ them!

If you're that concerned about it... Install a third party software firewall.

Honestly all the things that people bitch about Windows 10. Win 10 is a great OS, I will continue to use it after installing it on Tuesday night...

As for Xbox on Win10, it'd be great to see streaming go the other way as well. Controls don't bother me as I'd be apt to use the controller for the games I'd be playing on my TV anyway.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 09:52 Shineyguy

Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 09:43:
    So what's the deal with this "free" upgrade and how long does it last?

If you own Windows 7 or 8/8.1, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free for the first year after release. If you don't take Microsoft up on that offer within the first year, then you have to pay for the upgrade as in every other Windows Release in the past.

News Comments > Dying Light Trailer Shows Past & Future New Content
    7. Re: Dying Light Trailer Shows Past & Future New Content Jul 23, 2015, 15:08 Shineyguy

necrosis wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 14:01:
    ItBurn wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 10:44:
    I've heard that it gets too easy pretty quick.
    It does. You have to challenge yourself to make the game hard. After a certain point money isn't an issue so you can load up on gun ammo and anyone that's even half decent at FPS games head off to headshot town.

Night is still a little rough but what sucks is daytime is so easy it does NOTHING to prepare you for running at night. Not to mention I think there is only ONE (maybe 2) required night MSQ.

One of the most fun things my friends and I would do is hole up for the night on a roof top or alley and just take on the zombies until dawn. Even though we all had powerful weapons it's still easy to get swarmed.

News Comments > Win10 Gamer Primer
    10. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 22, 2015, 10:27 Shineyguy

Xero wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 09:50:
    It's funny because this Xbox crap is the main reason I DO NOT look forward to Win10 despite willing to upgrade from Win7. Hey, it's free after all.

But why do they need to migrate Xbox gamers with PC gamers? If I'm a PC gamer, I do not XBONE or want anything to do with it and I'm sure it's likewise with the Xbone users. Why would they want a PC around them when they are xboning?

I know it's similar platform and MS owns both, but that doesn't mean we want to be together! Get that thru your head.

Sony did this with the Z3 Xperia. It would be cool and all if I owned a Playstation 4... Since I do not, the extra features are useless on the phone and I end up chalking this phone to be the worse phone I've ever owned.

I own a gaming PC. And also own an Xbox One.

I look forward to Win10 on PC and Xbox. A little bit of integration will not hurt anyone (actually should improve some things for everyone) and you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

News Comments > Rockstar on GTA5 Framerate
    8. Re: Rockstar on GTA5 Framerate Jul 14, 2015, 00:52 Shineyguy

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 15:02:
    I run with V-sync on, and didn't see any difference, but that may just be because I'm limited to 60fps. I may well be getting lower performance overall but it's invisible to me.

Also: those with performance issues, are you running the steam version or the standalone? I'm on the standalone.

Standalone. bought through Rockstar social club.

476 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo