Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ

Real Name Russ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shineyguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description YES I misspell my nickname intentionally!
Oh, and why are you wasting your time coming here to look at what I've written anyway?? Shoo! SHOO!!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2005, 08:01
Total Comments 372 (Amateur)
User ID 23706

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 23, 2014, 11:35 Shineyguy

Yeah, she's American and is living in America. She's screwed.

If she were in the UK she'd largely be OK as their fair use rules are different from ours.

If she kept sound clips to 10 seconds or less I believe she would have been OK here as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 18, 2014, 13:59 Shineyguy

Weird Al is awesome. If any of you haven't checked out his new videos, I highly recommend you go do so now. They're VERY good.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 17, 2014, 16:51 Shineyguy

Is Dynasty Warriors worth it? Always enjoyed playing it on my PS2.  

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Update
11. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Update Jul 17, 2014, 16:50 Shineyguy

TangoBaker wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 12:52:
I haven't been able to run it since the May update. Before that the framerate was bad but I could work around that. Now, nothing.

Looked like it was going great back when I could run it though. I keep trying but haven't found a solution yet.

There's no official solution that's worked yet and asking in the forums is a nightmare. The Carmageddon community is not exactly a friendly, supportive environment.

Look on the issue reporting tool, I think there's some discussion on that now too. At least report the issue you have, they're actually pretty good at responding (have gotten back to me on the few things I've reported).

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam
5. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam Jul 17, 2014, 16:44 Shineyguy

Was gonna ask if this was worth it.

Guess not.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Update
3. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Update Jul 17, 2014, 11:00 Shineyguy

I've gotten the game to run pretty well on my GTX780, but yes I can't max the game out.

The past few patches have dramatically increased optimization and slow framerates.

News Comments > Community Suggested Changes for Battlefield Hardline
13. Re: Community Suggested Changes for Battlefield Hardline Jul 16, 2014, 11:16 Shineyguy

siapnar wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 10:53:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 08:59:
I think it's funny they want us to buy a mod for BF4 for 90€ (game+premium ,p)... and Dragon Teeth again shows, these outsourced DLC's suck ass.
Their DLC is outsourced? Didn't know that.

Dragon Teeth maps look far less impressive visually, from what I've seen but I haven't played them.

Shanghai, for me, is the best Battlefield map in years

This is the first release DLC for BF4 that has been outsourced. Maps may not LOOK good, but they flow decently well. Some are ungodly unbalanced though.

News Comments > Community Suggested Changes for Battlefield Hardline
12. Re: Community Suggested Changes for Battlefield Hardline Jul 16, 2014, 11:15 Shineyguy

born2expire wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 10:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 08:59:
I think it's funny they want us to buy a mod for BF4 for 90€ (game+premium ,p)... and Dragon Teeth again shows, these outsourced DLC's suck ass. If they want my money they should try offering something that is decent to begin with. And not 4 maps and 5 weapons, the fuck kind of lame DLC is that please?

Anyway... glad not-owner of premium for BF4, already saved 20€ by not caring for this DLC and it seems servers don't run it in large numbers either.

And yeah, Hardline? Pass.

Glad you've made an opinion on Dragon's Teeth without playing it. Just for the record, its the best thing to happen to BF4, if BF4 had launched with maps like this BF4 would have been incredible.

Well, to be fair, the maps themselves are well laid out. Some very strange issues with them so far (collision issues, other weird things). However, I played some rounds of Rush and Chainlink on them, and sometimes the balance is.... well complete shit to say the least.

News Comments > EA on "Unacceptable" BF4 Launch
9. Re: EA on Jun 20, 2014, 09:38 Shineyguy

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 09:29:
MajorD wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 09:27:
I think more and more people are tired of the BS and finally voting with their wallet.

Still not enough, hope Hardline sales will tank, but in reality that game will probably sell like hot cakes because it says Battlefield in the title

I think it would be due to a combination of it being a "Battlefield" game, yet being something a little different from your typical Battlefield game.

News Comments > Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics Return to Steam
17. Re: Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics Return to Steam Jun 19, 2014, 10:13 Shineyguy

yonder wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 04:39:
If you guys are going to have such a hard view on Obsidian, you should do yourselves a favor and educate yourselves about Obsidian so that you can have some facts to back up your viewpoint.

Obsidian was (was regarding pre-Kickstarter, cuz that MIGHT change everything) an incredibly odd developer. Most developers have a dynamic relationship with their publishers. Obsidian didn't. They were basically mercenary developers. They usually had concrete development-only contracts with the publishers for usually just one game. They pretty much never had any intentions of staying with that publisher in order to publish more than one game.

This led to some pretty unpleasant developments. With no post-publish support intended, Obsidian had no financial reason, at all, to fix bugs past the publishing date. I'm not saying Obsidian never cared about bugs. They definitely did. But once the publish date arrived... that's it (unless they get a post-release contract for bug support)

Now... bugs and delays happen all the time. But in a normal contract, publishers BASICALLY agree to support the devs until the game is published. If delays are necessary, it's unpleasant and often ends in unpleasantness, but things often get fixed. Basically... a regular contract is "We will pay you until you get the game done, which should be four years from now, at which point we will get the lion's share of the income" whereas Obsidian's contracts were usually "We will pay you until December 17th of such-n-such year at which point we will release the game or have a new contract in place, and after the game we will support the game in-house"

That leads to some incredibly predictable outcomes.

Look at their history.

KOTOR - Lucasarts - Buggy as hell (some game-breaking bugs STILL haven't been fixed.
Neverwinter Nights 2 - Atari - Pretty good, but buggy as hell.
Alpha Protocol - Sega - Need I even say anything?
Fallout New Vegas - Bethesda - Buggy as hell.
Dungeon Siege 3 - Squeenix - Just horrible. Horrible.
South Park, Stick of Truth - Ubisoft - see above about bugginess.
You'll notice a pattern. Publishers, who own the IPs, want a SEQUEL to a great game published on the cheap. Instead of paying more money to the original developers for a top-notch sequel, they hire developer Obsidian to make it under a mercenary contract.
Pillars of Eternity - crowd-financed but published by Paradox - We'll see.

Obsidian makes GREAT stuff. And if they had proper financial support in order to actually FINISH the games before they're released, I'd absolutely love them. But they haven't, yet.

I seriously don't understand the geek love that Obsidian gets. I *HOPE* it's because people incorrectly associate Obsidian with Black Isle. I could understand that. It's wrong, but it's understandable. But if you're judging Obsidian on their current record... you're simply wrong. Or you're okay with horribly buggy games. (And anecdotal evidence that YOU didn't encounter a butt-ton of bugs with their games doesn't mean squat other than you being lucky.)

I believe you mean KOTOR2 in your list there, Bioware developed the first game in the series.

And I believe many associate Obsidian with Black Isle Studios because many of the developers from Black Isle went to work with Obsidian when Black Isle closed.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer
8. Re: Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer Jun 6, 2014, 11:52 Shineyguy

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 09:45:
And I for one will not even touch this one with a 600 foot pole... it's not Battlefield in anything but name.

Which, after Battlefield 4, is actually a GOOD thing.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer
3. Re: Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer Jun 6, 2014, 09:23 Shineyguy

I for one, miss the SWAT franchise, so this will be a nice change in pace from the traditional military shooters.  

News Comments > 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed
23. Re: 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed Jun 5, 2014, 16:44 Shineyguy

I gotta get back into this game. It was great fun on the Xbox One. Multiplayer is a little clunky to get started, but sooooo worth it.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 29, 2014, 13:26 Shineyguy

Darks wrote on May 29, 2014, 10:38:
nin wrote on May 29, 2014, 10:18:
Telling the truth should never be viewed as a crime.

bullshit nin, the guy is a traitor. Don’t admire someone for an act of treason. Had you spent any time serving this country in the military you would understand that.

I did spend time in the military, was deployed, saw combat, received a Combat Infantry Badge.

Don't have any issue with what Snowden did; he showed the world how badly behaved our government actually is.

News Comments > NVIDIA Responds to AMD Accusations
9. Re: NVIDIA Responds to AMD Accusations May 29, 2014, 09:48 Shineyguy

RaZ0r! wrote on May 28, 2014, 20:10:
I'm never giving up my Matrox Millennium

Oh man, Matrox. Good times. I remember one of my Gateway PCs had a Matrox Mystique 8mb card. "Hacking" Quake 2 to use it as a 3d Accelerator was a revelation for me.

I remember lusting after the G200 and G400 at the time.

News Comments > AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS
13. Re: AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS May 27, 2014, 13:00 Shineyguy

No, it was deprecated BECAUSE it was released in 2003 while Vista released in 2006.  

News Comments > AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS
10. Re: AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS May 27, 2014, 12:43 Shineyguy

ochentay4 wrote on May 27, 2014, 12:29:
EDIT: Also, thanks for NVIDIA FX cards are crippled and they were never supported in VISTA and after. This is because the card was never full DX9 compliant. I still have a FX5600 and I hated NVIDIA so much when Vista came out!

FX5600 was already deprecated when Vista came out. Surprised you had even tried to use that with Vista...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2014, 22:28 Shineyguy

Cutter wrote on May 23, 2014, 13:41:
Verno wrote on May 23, 2014, 12:48:
Have fun waving at moose while you lament the Maple Leafs and apologize way too often. Canada, dontchayaknow eh?

Dat maple syrup though!

We run from meese. Most of us hate the Maple Laffs. I'm sorry, but we don't apologize way too often. And Vermont maple syrup is better than K-bec maple syrup.

Speaking of which, I only recently learned that the reason maple syrup is so goddamned expensive is that the producers are engaged in criminal collusion. That's right, they actually hoarde the stuff and dole it out in limited amounts like diamonds in order to inflate the value. They actually have a maple syrup reserve of several million gallons. And somehow this is legal. It boggles the mind.

Dig it.

Maple syrup worth up to $30M stolen in Quebec

The warehouse, in St-Louis-de-Blandford, 160 kilometres northeast of Montreal, held about 3.4 million litres of bulk maple syrup and is part of a global strategic reserve of the sticky liquid.

Global strategic reserve? Yeah, because in time of war or natural crisis the people NEED maple syrup!

Hey, from what I've seen of your military while I was deployed to Iraq, you fuckers are goddamned nuts!

If anyone ever tried to invade Canada to take the maple syrup, they'll sadly find that the Canadian "kindness" was a front, and Canadians are truly batshit insane and will tear your head off with their teeth.

News Comments > PROJECT V1 Countdown
1. Re: PROJECT V1 Countdown May 21, 2014, 10:31 Shineyguy

Did they ever reveal what this game was going to be about? FPS?  

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week
12. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week May 19, 2014, 14:16 Shineyguy

Not developed by Monolith. Don't care....  

372 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo