Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ

Real Name Russ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shineyguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description YES I misspell my nickname intentionally!
Oh, and why are you wasting your time coming here to look at what I've written anyway?? Shoo! SHOO!!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2005, 08:01
Total Comments 331 (Amateur)
User ID 23706

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > DICE Looking Into BF4 "Death Shield" Bug
8. Re: DICE Looking Into BF4 Apr 14, 2014, 11:38 Shineyguy

harlock wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 11:34:
how the fuck did DICE miss this

I think the better question is how they repeatedly introduce new bugs while patching out others. Or, better yet, is how they REINTRODUCE bugs that have previously been patched out?!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > List of Games Relying on GameSpy Services
5. Re: List of Games Relying on GameSpy Services Apr 8, 2014, 12:59 Shineyguy

GameRanger is looking at trying to support these titles as well. One of the guys made a post on the previous story about it here.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Prequel Plans?
15. Re: Borderlands 2 Prequel Plans? Apr 7, 2014, 13:41 Shineyguy

Creston wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 11:02:
"People liked Borderlands! Quick, rush out some sequels so we can cash in!!!"

Considering Borderlands 2 came out 1 1/2-2 years ago, I'd hardly call it rushed out..

News Comments > DOOM Beta FAQ
7. Re: DOOM Beta FAQ Apr 4, 2014, 13:05 Shineyguy

MajorD wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 11:07:
Q. What is the DOOM Beta? How long will it last?

A. We will be providing more information on the specific content and duration of the beta test at a later time.

What they are really saying is, "Just take the bait, preorder Wolfenstein, and give us your money already! We'll give you the Beta testing details at a much later date AFTER you've all committed and we have your money already you dumb son of a bitch!

It seems beta test periods have become shorter and shorter. I'm guessing this one will be 'maybe' 48 hours, 72 hours max .....WoopyFrickenDoo!!!

Yes, yes, yes, I know they are so generous by providing us all with this opportunity to play a beta, it's better than nothing, and I should be ever so grateful...blah blah blah. But, it's really about marketing, and it's not only about getting your money, but getting it early to boot.

I remember playing the leaked build of Doom 3. What a great experience that was.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned
17. Re: Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned Apr 2, 2014, 15:36 Shineyguy

Battlefield 4 is the only game that I have encountered where the developer consistently introduces a new bug with each patch that is issued that resolves other bugs.

Sometimes, they even manage to re-introduce old bugs that were solved months prior.

Basically, I'm saying that DICE is a piss-poor developer, and they make it harder and harder for me to want to keep buying their games.

And this doesn't even take into account how hopelessly unbalanced some game modes and maps are in the game.

11. Re: Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned Apr 2, 2014, 12:01 Shineyguy

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 11:29:
With OP. As I've read thread after thread, ping'd son 6 feet apart. "How's your BF4 exp been"". "Good so far." "Really? People online are raging". "Every so often I get bounced from a server but that's about it, nothing different than most games".

I'm not saying people don't have problems, I'm not saying there aren't some issues. All games imo have some sort of issues, "Killcam Issue?", I wouldn't make that much an issue at all towards the overall game.

So mileage varies, on this end the game has been satisfactory for months. (Intel/NVidia setup)

Except it's something that was working, until they broke it with a patch that was supposed to fix other, unrelated issues.

If you're not touching something to do with that code, how the f*ck do you break it?

7. Re: Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned Apr 2, 2014, 11:10 Shineyguy

Nope, kill cam is still f*cked.

I've had plenty of issues, all due to DICE's shoddy programming of the game. Every time they patch something out, they introduce NEW bugs. I honestly have no idea how they manage to do that on a regular basis.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2014, 17:04 Shineyguy

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 16:31:
PropheT wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 13:00:
I think it'd be worth mentioning that people who are interested may be better off waiting a while before jumping in. Broken quests and bugs are pretty much everywhere, from spawns that don't work to NPC callouts going over entire zones to event triggers that aren't working to outright crashing and login problems once you do. The servers are down completely right now. Stability wise, I'm impressed it's been up as much as it has because I hadn't expected it to be... but just like the last beta event, I'd swear it's buggier now than the game was two months ago and most of the bugs are exactly the same.

I have been playing since Sunday at 2PM EDT. I have not crashed once, nor experienced any sort of bug either. I did lag rather badly a time or two, but this is probably the smoothest MMO launch I have ever experienced. (And I used to work for MMORPG.com, I have experienced a lot of them.)

Believe me, I did not want to like this game, but it's good. The sub still sucks, but I can see myself paying at least until I hit the endgame.

EDIT: Oh, I did forget one bug. One quest was supposed to have a trail for me to follow on the beginner island, and the trail never showed up. I had to Google it to find out where I was supposed to go.

Still in early access now though no? I would expect at full launch we may see some connectivity issues.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2014, 09:51 Shineyguy

nin wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 09:21:
we have totally changed our name here to Pink's News

Glad this made a return this year. I've been missing it.

Shouldn't the page theme be in Pink now though as opposed to just the logo at the header?

News Comments > PC Battlefield 4 Naval Strike Delayed
10. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Naval Strike Delayed Mar 25, 2014, 13:33 Shineyguy

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 12:54:
Hurray, because I don't have time for this yet!

They've been attempting to "CODify" the Battlefield experience, which really doesn't work with the Battlefield universe. BF has always been a more deliberate game, which is what I liked about it.

News Comments > Gauntlet Remake This Summer
33. Re: I <3 Gauntlet. Mar 17, 2014, 16:35 Shineyguy

Ant wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 14:13:
I used to play the original arcade games too much. This does look like Diablo, Torchlight, etc. which I also enjoy though. I never got into Gauntlet 3, Legends, etc. though.

Played Gauntlet Legends with some friends endlessly. Was great fun plopping down on the couch and running through levels with each other.

News Comments > NVIDIA Ending Support for DX10-Generation Cards in 2016
20. Re: NVIDIA Ending Support for DX10-Generation Cards in 2016 Mar 14, 2014, 21:39 Shineyguy

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 13:24:
Fair enough, they're cutting support for cards designed for the OS that Microsoft is ceasing support for.

They're cutting support for Windows XP, not Windows Vista (which, BTW is where DX10 was originated from).

News Comments > DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details
2. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 09:26 Shineyguy

Yeah I cry bullshit on this one. As bad as Battlefield launches have been historically, this one has been even more so. The introduction of Battlelog with BF3 was rocky, but to have Battlelog be broken and missing features for BF4? It's just a f*cking web page guys!

And the game itself, holy crap what a bug ridden mess. With each patch they manage to introduce more crash to desktop bugs. I don't think I've ever seen such an inept development studio.

EDIT: By the way, just in case it isn't clear, I believe they DID damage the battlefield brand.

News Comments > MS Planning DirectX 12
70. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 16:43 Shineyguy

Bundy wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 15:45:
I want an Icon. Stupid Canada.

I want an Icon. Stupid Verizon.

(Current owner of a Day 1 Lumia 920)

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
10. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 11:17 Shineyguy

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 10:58:
BitWraith wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 09:58:
This entire "new generation" has been a pretty big flop so far.

Not really, I'm havings tons of fun with BF4, Ghosts and Killzone.

As for Titanfall, it's a pretty cool game, still debating if it's worth getting a new video card...or an xbox one

Titanfall uses Source engine, so unless your videocard is completely inept you should be able to run it quite well at high settings.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2014, 09:26 Shineyguy

Good! If only I could have the same happen to my area in Connecticut. Only choices I have are Cox (not terrible in my area) and Uverse. And I'm not so sure I want to jump on the AT&T bandwagon considering my cell phone service is with them, and I'm sure they're not happy I'm still on the grandfathered in Unlimited plan.  

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
45. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 24, 2014, 00:41 Shineyguy

Beamer wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 21:25:
Hump wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 19:46:
No surprises here.

Scott and George have exposed themselves time and time again as the two biggest shitbags the gaming industry ever spawned.

Someone needs to sit them down and explain to them that money needs to be earned by hard work, not just catching up on their quarterly legal retainer payments.

I'm pretty sure Scott has been unconnected to 3DR for over a decade.

Yeah, he has. He's been making games under the old Apogee banner.

As for this story, it's Gearbox's right to litigate, and I don't fault them for that.

News Comments > Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month
14. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 12:46 Shineyguy

I just logged in last night and played a little. Still an OK game, but that's the problem; it's just "OK".

Hadn't logged in since some time in 2012. Wow..

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Signups
12. Re: Titanfall Beta Signups Feb 12, 2014, 00:50 Shineyguy

Beamer wrote on Feb 12, 2014, 00:47:
bigspender wrote on Feb 12, 2014, 00:21:
16 players in a tiny arena - pathetic. Was done to death 20 years ago.

Why do people keep repeating this?
Doom was 20 years ago.
Doom was 4 player deathmatch.

Comparing this to Doom is so 20 years ago. And dumb. And faulty. And dumb.

Agreed, I won't pass judgement on player size until I actually get to play it.

Right now it's a non issue for me.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 7, 2014, 09:45 Shineyguy

Hey Blue, they updated that article on HardOCP with a statement from Galaxy:

Update - 3:44PM CDT - From Galaxy NA's Facebook Page:

"In response to reports of an alleged end to Galaxy’s business in North America, we would like to make clear that Galaxy is not pulling out from the North American market. We have recently had some changes in our structure and discontinued working with our current sales rep in North America but have no intention of ceasing business and operations in the region.

"Galaxy will continue all support and service as usual. We have a full team of staff servicing users’ RMAs and our support hotline is still operating. Our service email is still working as usual, we will continue replacing cards for end users, and our warranties will be honored and valid."

Sort of relieved. Bought a Galaxy GTX780 shortly after release (damn, $650...) First time with a Galaxy card, but the experience has been quite smooth so far.

331 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo