Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ

Real Name Russ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shineyguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description YES I misspell my nickname intentionally!
Oh, and why are you wasting your time coming here to look at what I've written anyway?? Shoo! SHOO!!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2005, 08:01
Total Comments 390 (Amateur)
User ID 23706

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released
16. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released Oct 14, 2014, 14:15 Shineyguy

Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 12:41:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 11:33:
They should have released this on the next gen consoles. On the PC I think this is too much like the previous Borderlands games were to justify full price.

It was going to be, anyway. It's just the writers from Gearbox, the engine from Gearbox and totally outsourced content. Still, from what I gather, about as many hours as BL2.

Everyone I spoke with involved at PAX said development was a disaster, but it sounds like the final product is what everyone would expect - a lesser version of BL2 that is still a lot of fun but feels too familiar and missed opportunities to fix flaws. Waiting for BL3.

I'll possibly pick it up, but it seems like a lot of time to put into something I've basically already put a ton of time into, but the writing is getting a lot of acclaim and the Claptrap random skill mechanic sounds hysterically fun.

Honestly, the first time I popped it, I have no idea what it did for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released Oct 14, 2014, 14:14 Shineyguy

LittleMe wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 12:10:
Well BL2 is awesome so if it's a lot like that, great! I've seen screenshots of this and it looks just fine as far as fidelity on PC. That said $60 is above my limit. I still haven't played any of the DLC for BL2 even.

You've no idea what you've missed on the BL2 DLC. they were fan-freaking-tastic. Tiny Tina and My Torgue especially.

1. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released Oct 14, 2014, 10:20 Shineyguy

Played about 45 minutes of this last night. Pretty good so far. When you create a ClapTrap character it gives you 3 or 4 warning statements asking if you're sure you want to create that character. Quite funny.

Sense of humor is great. Also, you'll hear narration by some of the original characters as well, fits in great.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2014, 16:44 Shineyguy

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 14:29:
mag wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 14:26:
Still in love with my G700s, not sure how you cavemen put up with your wired mice!

+1 Love my G700s. (Although mine mostly stays plugged in because I always forget to charge it.)

I had a G700 for a while, but couldn't get completely comfortable with it. Ended up returning it a week later for a R.A.T.7.

Now that mouse... Man it's been heavenly since I got it.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 6, 2014, 13:35 Shineyguy

Verno wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 08:49:
Aero wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 19:31:
On the other hand as a result of coin miners, the price of the 780 Ti cards might plummet. If it's miners driving the prices up, the 780 Ti could end up cheaper than the 970. Given how much more power efficient the 900 series is than the 700 series, any miners using GPUs will need one, but power is not much of a concern to gamers.

I doubt it, retailers don't tend to keep a lot of videocard inventory on hand because of how volatile the market is. There will be some discounts to get rid of stock but don't expect deep discounts on older cards.

Except I snagged a 780 for under $300 recently (New, ASUS Direct CUII OC).. The 780Ti already was around $430 new as of a week ago.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 6, 2014, 10:54 Shineyguy

Yeah, as a quick example, you can pick up gear that decreases reload time on your weapon. That alone can win a fight for you.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 6, 2014, 09:54 Shineyguy

Bundy wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 09:34:
Destiny's matchmaking is a joke. I tried the Crucible at about level 12. Every member of the opposite team was over level 25. I couldn't walk 5 feet without being one shot by someone. Never tried it again.

Yeah I don't enjoy the Crucible. Yes they level the playing field by matching player levels, but it still is unbalanced due to players with higher levels having better gear/more skills.

News Comments > Interstellar Marines Free Co-op Mission
2. Re: Interstellar Marines Free Co-op Mission Sep 29, 2014, 13:25 Shineyguy

Prez wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 13:21:
I'm really looking forward to this. It sounds like it may be a sci-fi Rainbow Six which sounds very cool.

Back when they were pushing for funding I was kicking around the idea of doing a pre-purchase but figured I had already "Kickstarted" too many games already. 2 out of 3 have released so far (Broken Age and Wasteland2), just waiting on Carmageddon now.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2014, 16:52 Shineyguy

I hate those Infiniti ads. Every time I see one come on I make the comment that all they're promoting is distracted driving.  

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
63. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 24, 2014, 10:03 Shineyguy

Prez wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 08:02:
I don't know if Blizzard developers work on one project at a time or multiple projects at once, but imagine if you worked on a project every day for 7 years and then it just gets canceled and all that work was for nothing. That has got to be soul-crushing.

It's worse if you need to put a resume together. You can't cite a game that hasn't shipped!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2014, 11:23 Shineyguy

Rossini wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 10:09:
InBlack wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 09:45:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 09:24:
The fact that we haven't gotten rid of the penny here in the US is simply insanely stupid. Probably should get rid of the nickel and paper $1 bills while we are at it. But it won't happen, it makes too much sense.

Why stop with the penny. At the risk of sounding very radical, why not get rid of money alltogether? Hard to believe that someone had the balls to come up with that concept and build a TV show around it, BACK IN THE 60s!!!?? Yeah kind of hard to accept that our parents and grandparents were more progressive and visionary than we are.

What show are you referring to?

Star Trek is my guess. However that would need a global change and coming together, which just isn't possible at this time.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Creator Of iCloud Hacker Tool: I Would Have Warned Apple If It Properly Rewarded Researchers. Sep 5, 2014, 14:46 Shineyguy

SirKnight wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 11:55:
MajorD wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 09:59:
Oh, so that makes it okay to hack the service? JACKASS!!!

Yep, just sounds like greed to me. So his idea is, "unless Apple pays me big I'm going to hack their asses and potentially hurt a lot of innocent people! Muahahahah!"

That ahole should be sent to prison. This isn't about "research" at all. What a tool.

Ah, but if you gentlemen read the article, you'd see that the guy that wrote the tool isn't the one that hacked Apple. That'd be like going after the gun manufacturers for a murder that took place using their weapon; which is equally asinine and has been proven in court to not be an effective legal path.

News Comments > City of Heroes Revival?
7. Re: City of Heroes Revival? Sep 2, 2014, 14:10 Shineyguy

This was the first MMO I ever really got into. I loved the game, it was great fun creating a hero and exploring the city. Only thing that put me off (and eventually got me to stop playing) was the debt system when you died. I died so much (trying to save team members) that I was consistently two levels into debt. Honestly it was the worst system ever, and the penalty for dying was quite excessive.  

News Comments > Volition Reveal Friday
29. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 17:09 Shineyguy

Bundy wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:50:
There's a 0% chance it's Freespace. Pretty sure they don't own the IP. But there's a part of me, deep down, that truly believes it's totally gonna be Freespace.

We said the same things about Carmageddon for the longest time, but lo and behold, Stainless got the rights back and are making a game that is shaping up very nicely indeed.

News Comments > Volition Reveal Friday
15. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 12:51 Shineyguy

The only issue I have with SR4 is that it made vehicles largely irrelevant. With super jump and all that, what would I need a car for?

I did like SR4, but with the Earth destroyed in the opening moments of SR4 where can the Saints go now? Outerspace and terrorize another planet? I think much of the charm of SR was the fact it was based on Earth.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live
15. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live Aug 26, 2014, 23:06 Shineyguy

dubfanatic wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 22:56:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 22:45:
Yep was gonna sit down and enjoy myself, and the script kiddies decided to pee in the pool. Perhaps they should try drowning themselves instead.

It's OK, they are practically begging the Feds to come knock down the door to their absentee parents' McMansions. Just wait a few months for the prosecutions to begin.

If they didn't make that bomb threat on that airplane they'd probably be alright.

But they had to be beyond stupid, and bring the FBI into it. Now they're all going to Federal Pound Me In The Ass Prison.

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
28. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 15:44 Shineyguy

walrus1 wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 12:19:
SirKnight wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 11:21:
Bring back SWAT!!!!!

YES!! And don't dumb it down for the console kiddies!

I loved playing SWAT4 online.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2014, 09:38 Shineyguy

Verno wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 09:25:
Anyone see Guardians? Worth seeing at the show?

Nooooo on the studio ghibli news.

I haven't seen it, but friends who have said it was entertaining and worth the ticket.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 23, 2014, 11:35 Shineyguy

Yeah, she's American and is living in America. She's screwed.

If she were in the UK she'd largely be OK as their fair use rules are different from ours.

If she kept sound clips to 10 seconds or less I believe she would have been OK here as well.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 18, 2014, 13:59 Shineyguy

Weird Al is awesome. If any of you haven't checked out his new videos, I highly recommend you go do so now. They're VERY good.  

390 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo