Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Allen

Real Name John Allen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Texx
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 1999, 22:52
Total Comments 7 (Suspect)
User ID 237

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
351. My Sympathies Sep 18, 2003, 17:35 Texx

Blue,

I hope everything turns out ok in this trying time. Hang in there, I will be thinking about you.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Just what is Blue Playing ? Aug 27, 2002, 21:05 Texx

I am with Holmes and Snide - I am curious as to what Blue is playing. Maybe a periodic "Now Playing: foo" comment in OotB - no commentary, no endorsement, just a thread to let the community thrash it out. Something to throw comments at without Blue possibly jeopardizing his journalistic integrity or offending the esteemed Strunk or White.

my two cents, your mileage may vary...

39. Good Move ! Aug 21, 2002, 20:05 Texx

Like most other intelligent posts so far, I agree that the trolls were out of hand. But that doesn't mean that they can't take over just because anonymous posts are banned - just look at all the registered trolls at Shacknews - that is way out of control ! 4400+ Comments at the moment on today's First Post - I don't know how Steve, Maarten and Loony can deal with that much trolling...

13. RSS Feeds Oct 9, 2001, 12:13 Texx

Sweet !
I have a page at work I use to pull down Stomped's feed and just added yours to it and it works right to spec. Way to go Furn ! It is nice to use at work because I can just drag your feed through the firewall without actually showing ever leaving the building with a local web page. If I find something particularly interesting, then I am just a click away, but it better not to show multiple hits on your URL at work.

Thanks, nice addition.

67. Out of the Blue, Into the Shack ? Aug 16, 2001, 23:50 Texx

Does Loony know something we should ? Between the Die Hard and the Skyscraper, it is hard to get used to the New Blue "Skyscraper Die Hard" Tower ! I have offered to contribute in the past and will offer again. If Steve Gibson can keep his site going, and hire Loony no less, off contributions, then I think you should give it some great thought Blue. I like my homepage but don't want to be shocked daily at the renovations. I just want all the news that's fit to post, not all the ads that are paying to post. Redwood, et. al. Billy, et.al. and The Shack are all putting up a good bit of competition minus the ads... Even Gamespot has its moments sans obnoxious ads. Welcome to the NWO. Eat or be Eaten...

<twoCentsWorth/>

News Comments > Fruit of the loon
21. Cable Modem & Hub Probs Aug 4, 2001, 18:14 Texx

I just got RR yesterday in Austin and the joker installer wouldn't hook the modem into the notwork, told me I was on my own. I got a little linksys 4 port hub and no combo of using the straight cable with the uplink or crossover with any other ports seems to be working. Tech support must have told the installer what to say because they said the same thing ! Anyone got a clue ? Running win98se with Norton firewall and no proxy.

Congrats Loony on getting your gaming going, I am still just trying to get the network going with this bitch.

138. Fookin' Die Hard Supernova ! Jul 26, 2001, 22:50 Texx

Apparently the rotation on the ads are not as infrequent as you may have been lead to believe. That thing was amazing ! At least it went away and I did not have to solve the mystery of how to close it ! Damn, I have neve seen anything like it, not even the p0rn sites do that ! Jeez, I am with the pay pal guy, I will donate to avoid that, or just tell me where to sen the check. That has got to go ! Hell, run more "normal" banners up the side, across the top, anything but no more Supernovas !

7 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo