Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1582 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
12. Re: The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut Jul 14, 2009, 20:14 ldonyo

The Witcher is a great game! CD Projekt RED deserves all the support we can give them!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: Johnson Co. Gamer Jul 14, 2009, 20:09 ldonyo

Some people just won't learn any other way than the hard way. Just hauling him down to the local FBI offices ought to scare him just about shitless.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 13, 2009, 20:01 ldonyo

Slammed by Andrew who? The net increase in revenues from the Ubi studio will dwarf the $263 million in tax breaks. The violent game angle is just sensationistic tabloid journalism at its worst. He would make JT proud, though, which shows just how bad that "article" is.  

News Comments > Safety Dance
2. Re: Safety Dance Jul 13, 2009, 19:57 ldonyo

How long until there is a smartphone app that can do this? Apple won't let one in their app store, but someone has probably written an iPhone app to read RFID tags by now, as well.

If you have a new passport or any other item you want to keep private with an RFID tag in it, keep that puppy wrapped in foil.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 13, 2009, 19:53 ldonyo

Pachter really ought to be fired for being an idiot.

How about this, I predict that someday the price of any given thing currently for sale will be lowered.

That's going to turn out to be just as accurate as every "forecast" made by any analyst ever born, now and in the future. It's also just as silly.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Jul 13, 2009, 19:49 ldonyo

Online multiplayer isn't going anywhere. This "article" was written by someone who has never played a single-player game in their life and wouldn't know what to do if they couldn't have someone else cover them. Freakin' whiner.

Also, the number of games at a given E3 with or without a feature has absolutely no bearing on the gaming industry as a whole. Hell, it seems like half the games shown at E3 never see the light of release day!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2009, 12:57 ldonyo

I'm going to pop my Office Space dvd in right now!  

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Homophobia Op Ed Jul 11, 2009, 18:01 ldonyo

I don't really understand why people feel the need to judge others for being different. I completely understand not liking an individual based on some interaction that happened in the past, but I cannot fathom how someone could condemn an entire ethnicity or sexual orientation for no reason at all. And no, "because they're different" is not a reason.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: Buy Dragon Age Jul 10, 2009, 19:35 ldonyo

EA sent out an online survey yesterday asking if getting a rebate on ME2 when buying Dragon Age would make people more likely to buy both games. It didn't have anything to do with bonus content.  

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Preorders: PC Screwed Again
2. Re: Alpha Protocol Preorders: PC Screwed Again Jul 10, 2009, 19:31 ldonyo

I'm going to wait until after Dragon Age comes out before I buy any new games. I have way too many unfinished games as it is now.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. Re: CA anti-virus Jul 10, 2009, 10:53 ldonyo

Anyone using a CA product should not be surprised when it does something craptacular. No matter how many companies with good products that CA buys, CA will always find a way to turn gold into lead. It's the only thing they're good at doing.  

News Comments > Mobilization
1. Re: Phone Towers Jul 10, 2009, 10:50 ldonyo

This is an non-issue, that's why the FCC isn't doing anything about it. The bird folks are even better at making up numbers for dead birds than the RIAA, MPAA and BSA are at making up losses due to piracy!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Dragon Age Jul 10, 2009, 10:48 ldonyo

I just hope EA doesn't try to charge console gamers for the content created by the PC gamers once they get it made available to them. However, I wouldn't put it past EA to do that. I also wouldn't put it past EA to charge PC gamers for the toolset to create said content.

The 'massively-single-player' model seems to be working extremely well for Bethesda and has since Morrowind and its expansions came out and has been a roaring success with Fallout 3. What surprises me is that it took this long for someone else to figure this out and implement it themselves.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jul 10, 2009, 10:41 ldonyo

PC gaming is very definitely alive and well.Retail shelf space is hardly an accurate barometer for the PC gaming market as a whole and that $701 million figure is only reflective of retail PC game sales. Steam, Direct2Drive and even GOG.com are all bright indicators of the PC gaming market and are, I believe, also indicators of PC gaming's future sales model.

The real reason obscenity is only used on sexual content is because of the "community standards" basis by which obscenity is defined. Since most communities do not care how many people are slaughtered in movies, books, TV or games, violence is not considered obscene.

Someone at Edge Online doesn't like ArmA II and their bias is obvious. It is so obvious that it obscures the point attempting to be made.

It is much easier to put humor in a point-and-click game than any other because the game is under the complete control of the developer. There are bits of humor in most games, but not all of it is obvious and not all players will find it funny. That's the funny thing about humor, it is entirely subjective.

News Comments > Avernum VI Announced
6. Re: Avernum VI Announced Jul 9, 2009, 23:52 ldonyo

The graphics do look dated, but don't look bad. Yes, it's the environments are pre-rendered tiles, but that doesn't make them ugly. The prices being asked for the older titles, however, are high especially in light of what you can get from GOG.com for the same amount they want for any one of the Avernum games.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 8, 2009, 12:48 ldonyo

JT needs to be locked away in a straight jacket, for his own safety. He keeps getting himself in trouble by using his hands.

Friedman's suit should be laughed out of court. Why was this clown getting paid $250,000 a year in the first place?

News Comments > The Witcher 1.5 Patch
4. Re: The Witcher 1.5 Patch Jul 8, 2009, 12:37 ldonyo

I'll be downloading and installing after I get home from work today. I'll start over on it this weekend, since I haven't played The Witcher since about 1.2-ish.  

News Comments > Mechs Education
9. Re: Mechs Education Jul 7, 2009, 19:01 ldonyo

It's been a long time since I've played any kind of BattleTech. I still have an unopened copy of The Mech Collection sitting on a shelf in my office/video game room. I have MechWarrior 2 somewhere around here, as well.  

News Comments > Safety Dance
6. Re: Safety Dance Jul 6, 2009, 19:25 ldonyo

What a surprise, McCrappy tanks PCs again.  

News Comments > Bloodlines Retrospective
1. Re: Bloodlines Retrospective Jul 5, 2009, 13:37 ldonyo

Very well-written piece that explains why so many are so passionate about this game.  

1582 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo