Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1309 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Can Fly
3. Re: DRM Aug 14, 2008, 22:08 ldonyo

EA is the only company I know of that can regularly turn gold into lead. I hope, for PCF's sake, that this doesn't happen here.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Safety Dance
5. Wii Games Aug 13, 2008, 21:29 ldonyo

Calling a title "The Most Violent Wii Game Ever" isn't saying very much. Galaga is more violent than just about every game published for the Wii to date.  

News Comments > id: Quake Live "Premium" Service and Wolfenstein Live Possible
14. id Tries Flagship's Business Plan Aug 13, 2008, 21:24 ldonyo

"Gee, there aren't enough online games on the market, why don't we add some of ours?"

That must have been going through someone's mind at id. That's the only possible explanation for daring to tread where so many have so recently failed so miserably.

Now, add the extra disincentive of an extra tier of services for extra money. Can't you just see all the people not lining up to get in on this non-deal? Carmack's name alone isn't enough to sell a mediocre (or worse) game anymore, so he'd better hope this doesn't suck.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Apple Fire Aug 13, 2008, 21:18 ldonyo

Maybe the R&D guys were working on a baked Apple that got out of hand?  

News Comments > Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Next Month
2. Re: ROTK Aug 13, 2008, 21:07 ldonyo

I played the first iteration of RTK back in the NES/SEGA Genesis days. It was a lot of fun back then and involved a lot more strategy than just building up armies and hording commodities! For $20, I may give the latest version a try.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Chaos Online Aug 11, 2008, 21:26 ldonyo

Alpha testing online is bound to be chaos!  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Sequels Aug 11, 2008, 21:25 ldonyo

No, sequels, in and of themselves, are not evil. Sequels like Doom 3 and Quake 4, however, are definitely evil. And I don't mean the enjoyable kind or evil, either! EA's endless parade of sports game sequels would also fall under the evil category. Now, if EA would try adding something other than new uniforms and stadiums, like improved gameplay, then they could get out of the evil category.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
3. Re: How to make a molotov cocktail Aug 9, 2008, 12:48 ldonyo

How many hundreds of movies and TV shows have shown how to make a Molotov? The sad part is that the blurb on gameindusrty.biz does not mention the lack of instruction for this in GTA IV.  

News Comments > Mike Capps: PC GoW Reviews BS
14. Epic Games and PCs Aug 9, 2008, 00:34 ldonyo

Do none of the top brass at Epic understand PC gaming anymore? Just because you add "enhancements" to a console port doesn't mean your console port is a good game. I think this is just more smoke being blown to justify Epic's decision not to produce PC games any longer and just port their console titles.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2008, Part 30
1. E3 Relevant? Sorry, no Aug 7, 2008, 21:59 ldonyo

Every "announcement" that was made at E3 was nothing more than the confirmation of rumors that had been out for weeks, if not months. There were no revelations, no surprises and certainly no need for all of the "articles" that were generated to cover this non-event. add to this the invitation-only snub of the game-buying public and all you have left is a circle-jerk for the gaming industry.

PAX and the GDC have far more relevance than E3 in the U.S. and there are conventions galore abroad that have real product announcements from companies that have not been all over the Internet. Hell, the San Diego Comic Con has more new gaming news than E3 does and new movie trailers, too!

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2008, 21:17 ldonyo

Too bad the police and newspapers didn't use the Internet to research this claim first!  

News Comments > Afternoon Consolidation
5. Mandatory 360 Update Aug 6, 2008, 21:03 ldonyo

Since I don't use XBL to download much of anything, I'm more than a bit ticked that I won't have a choice regarding the installation of this "update". If MS wants to encourage people to use all their downloadable services, why don't they drop the price of the friggin' hard drives to match reality?  

News Comments > GameTap for Sale
12. All Tapped Out? Aug 6, 2008, 20:58 ldonyo

I thought someone would have thrown 'all tapped out' up here by now for the GameTap story.  

News Comments > Strong Bad Episode One Next Week
8. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2008, 21:45 ldonyo

name sounds like a deodorant commercial.

This coming from someone with a handle of zirik?

If it's cheap enough, I'll buy it. If not, I'll wait until all the episodes are out and buy the compilation after it goes on sale.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2008, Part 29
1. Send it Back to E3, Part Infinity Aug 5, 2008, 21:40 ldonyo

Can we just let E3 die, already? It hasn't been worth a shit for a few years and no one cares about it now.  

News Comments > Ken Levine Shooting for "Something Awesome"
5. Re: Awesome Aug 5, 2008, 21:38 ldonyo

I hope he keeps his eyes open while he's aiming this time...  

News Comments > EA Giving up "Crappy" Licensed Games
5. Re: Crappy Licensed Games Aug 5, 2008, 21:37 ldonyo

Does this mean EA is going out of business? ;-)  

News Comments > Nimoy to Help Beam Up Star Trek Online
2. Re: lifetime subs Aug 5, 2008, 21:36 ldonyo

Legendary actor? He was fortunate that he didn't have to show emotion, since emotion is beyond his range. He is a good director, I'll grant him that, but actor? Puh-LEASE!  

News Comments > On Diablo III's Necromancer Cut & Possible Return
4. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2008, 21:34 ldonyo

Yawn...  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. CNet Finally Got Something Right! Aug 4, 2008, 21:18 ldonyo

It's been a long time since CNet had an article of any kind worth reading, but this time they managed to get something right. Yes, it is an op-ed piece, so the big brass really can't take any credit for it, but I'll give them props just the same.

I'm kind of surprised Jacko hasn't run off at the mouth on Faux News by now...

1309 Comments. 66 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo