Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1337 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Can Games Help Older Drivers?
7. Re: pilot program in Pennsylvania Oct 2, 2008, 20:28 ldonyo

If the older drivers stay home and play games, they won't be on the freeway doing 35MPH in the fast lane. That will help everyone!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. CliffyB Sep 30, 2008, 21:39 ldonyo

He's sounding more and more like John Romero every day.  

News Comments > Jack Thompson versus Disbarment
1. Can't Happen Fast Enough! Sep 30, 2008, 21:37 ldonyo

I image Jacko will be reduced to picketing outside GameStop when GTA V comes out.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Bungie Sep 27, 2008, 15:22 ldonyo

By the same token, record companies should get a cut of used CD sales, movie studios should get a cut of used DVD sales and book publishers should get a cut of used book sales. What is this guy smoking?  

News Comments > GoG & DRM Interview
13. Re: I love you guys at GOG Sep 27, 2008, 11:42 ldonyo

You can sign up and start buying games by going to gog.com/beta and using S2WVM63A as your invite code. I've picked up DRM-free versions of Fallout and Fallout 2 because Vista did not like the original game CDs.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. RIAA Smackdown! Sep 26, 2008, 19:59 ldonyo

That is some of the harshest criticism of the Copyright Act handed down to date. It is also quite gratifying to see a sitting Judge have the courage to admit he screwed up the jury instructions.

Judge Michael J. Davis will probably end up branded, quite incottectly, as an 'activist judge' by those in Congress on the RIAA payroll. In point of fact, Judge Michael J. Davis is a shining example of how our judicial system should work all the time. Not his mistake, but his acknowledgment of and correction of his mistake.

News Comments > Metaverse
4. Re: Scientists discover why we overbid for o Sep 26, 2008, 19:49 ldonyo

There is also more than a little stupidity involved in a great number of cases, too.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Kotick and Guitar Hero Sep 26, 2008, 19:40 ldonyo

Given that the video game industry has brought classic rock to a whole new generation (and sold the hell out of DLC tunes in the process!), I believe Kotick has it completely correct. There are entire catalogs from artists that don't even get played on classic rock radio stations that have seen renewed interest from people that would never have given them the time of day before hearing tracks in the various music/rhythm-themed video games. Just how much is hours upon hours of advertising worth these days, anyway?  

News Comments > Safety Dance
2. Palin Sep 18, 2008, 21:09 ldonyo

She has more skeletons in her walk-in closet than McCain could possibly count! I see that 'vetting' process he used worked flawlessly...  

News Comments > Cyclopean; A Lovecraft RPG
10. Re: insanity points Sep 12, 2008, 23:16 ldonyo

I hope they plan to expand that team in the very-near future or I may be too old to play this when it finally comes out!  

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2008, 21:38 ldonyo

I already know that I suck at RTS games. I also such at FPS games. I have never had the 'twitch' reflexes required to play those kinds of games against real people. That's why I don't play against people and rarely play any kind of real-time game, except on easy.

I just want to have fun and see how a game ends. I don't care about anything else. I want to be entertained when I play a game, not frustrated. I don't have enough free time to waste it on a game that pisses me off.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Uwe Boll Explains... Sep 11, 2008, 21:16 ldonyo

Why there is no money in HIS movies. As we all know, it's because they suck in a way more powerful than the largest black hole ever could! The Dark Knight (which is the complete opposite of any Uwe Boll movie in every way), on the other hand, has pulled in over $500 million in gross ticket sales just in the U.S. He may understand the difference one day, but I coubt it.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Six-Core Chip Sep 7, 2008, 01:06 ldonyo

While a decent technical achievement, this is pointless on a practical level. Almost no software used by most people today makes use of two cores, let alone four. What possible purpose, other than making up for certain anatomical shortages, could a six-core CPU have? Heck, most server-run apps barely use multi-threaded architectures as things stand now. Giving them more cores won't help.  

News Comments > Far Cry 2: Lose A Buddy, Lose Content
30. Re: Could be good Sep 6, 2008, 10:28 ldonyo

It is a twist that many past games would have benefited from tremendously. Having to care about your buddies, rather than use them as cannon fodder, is a very welcome change to me.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
3. Re: Lars Ulrich Sep 5, 2008, 12:35 ldonyo

I heard Cyanide on the radio recently and it reminded me of their Garage Days album. I hated that album. In fact, they haven't put anything out that I liked since And Justice For All, which I thought was inferior to both Master of Puppets and Ride The Lightning.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Snow Leopard Sep 5, 2008, 12:27 ldonyo

If the 64-bit Snow Leopard can only address twice the RAM of the 32-bit OS X, Apple is doing something (else) incredibly poorly.  

News Comments > Wright's Spore Hype
10. Not All Change Is Good Sep 5, 2008, 10:52 ldonyo

John Romero said the same thing about Daikatana and he was right, too...  

News Comments > New Gore Special Edition - Map Tools
4. Re: No subject Sep 4, 2008, 22:46 ldonyo

Consider yourself lucky, Joss.  

News Comments > Dead Space Early
4. Re: Bug free?! Sep 4, 2008, 22:44 ldonyo

No, bugs cost extra. They'll be available for $5 each on launch day.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Mac integration Sep 4, 2008, 22:43 ldonyo

A poll of a whole 350 people that claimed to be IT folks said Mac integration was a priority at their place of work. Can't much much more scientific than that!  

1337 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo