Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1486 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 25, 2009, 18:07 ldonyo

I guess that multibillion dollar budget deficit problem has been all taken care of, since Joe is back on his "video games are the root of all that is evil" kick.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 24, 2009, 18:42 ldonyo

Seriously, Guitar Hero: Van Halen? Why? They don't have enough decent songs for a greatest hits album, let alone a full game.  

News Comments > Plan It Green Released
3. Re: Plan It Green Released Apr 22, 2009, 14:55 ldonyo

Can you go the opposite way and see if you can destroy the planet with your mega-polluting city?  

News Comments > Metaverse
1. Re: Metaverse Apr 20, 2009, 21:21 ldonyo

Adobe should concentrate on fixing Flash for the platforms they're ruining now, rather than seeking to ruin other platforms.  

News Comments > Game Addiction Study
29. Re: Game Addiction Study Apr 20, 2009, 20:51 ldonyo

Given the source of the study, it is hardly surprising that they would come to this conclusion, which I'm sure they set out to prove from the beginning. I don't buy this load of crap any more than the ones that came before it.  

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Apr 17, 2009, 10:06 ldonyo

It's a game that uses a real conflict and real settings. It's not a political statement, it's not a morality play, it does not have a hidden agenda. It's a game. Once you grasp this simple fact, the rest of the hand-wringing looks rather silly.  

News Comments > Demigod & Piracy
6. Re: Demigod & Piracy Apr 17, 2009, 10:02 ldonyo

If they're still trying to isolate warez users from legitimate users, how do they know how many are warez users?

Also, did they do any load testing at all? There are plenty of free tools to load test web services with any number of users, so their issues seem to be of their own making.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Bay Signs 50M Deal 2 F**k Up ThunderCats Apr 15, 2009, 20:09 ldonyo

"No filmmaker working today has Bay's ability to somehow direct his actors to be both emotionless and melodramatic at once," Warner Bros. CEO Barry Meyer said. "And I personally can't wait to see how he needlessly overcomplicates the plot."

"Michael Bay has this innate sense of how to ruin a great story," Variety reporter Todd Brick said. "His ability to create astonishing plot holes, pepper dialogue with groan-inducing clichés, and abandon storylines halfway through is unparalleled. He was born to destroy this movie."

I love The Onion!

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2009, 20:13.

News Comments > Jack Thompson Warned
13. Re: Jack Thompson Warned Apr 15, 2009, 20:02 ldonyo

I hope Jacky gets to visit jail for a while. It would do him some good.

As for the "tea parties"; there are an awful lot of people that need jobs, taking time off from work for a mock (and extremely disingenuous) protest may open yours up to someone that really wants to work.

News Comments > On PCGA Changes
6. Re: On PCGA Changes Apr 15, 2009, 19:56 ldonyo

Are they trying to make the PCGA the poster child for the actual death of PC gaming?  

News Comments > Assault on Dark Athena Patch
10. Re: Assault on Dark Athena Patch Apr 15, 2009, 19:54 ldonyo

I won't even consider buying this until the price is patched.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Apr 13, 2009, 20:16 ldonyo

I'm sure actual facts will not be finding their way into the anti-drug "game". I'm just as certain that much of the content, in all its scientifically accurate glory, will be lifted from "Reefer Madness".  

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: GameCritics.com Podcast Episode 14 Apr 13, 2009, 20:13 ldonyo

A 30-second intro theme and a presenter that emphasises every other word? Unbearable. This is exactly the reason I don't bother checking out most podcasts.

I agree completely! As an added bonus, because it is a GameCritics podcast, you know in advance that they will whine and cry about something no one else cares about.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. Re: Legal Briefs Apr 11, 2009, 11:25 ldonyo

Europe is full of nonsense and a vastly over-inflated sense of self-importance.  

News Comments > Metaverse
3. Re: Metaverse Apr 11, 2009, 11:22 ldonyo

I am so glad I no longer have to deal with Time Warner!  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 11, 2009, 11:20 ldonyo

I would really like to see a revived CompUSA, if only to keep Best Buy honest. Other than regional and local shops, Best Buy has no competition and their pricing reflects that, especially in computer hardware.  

News Comments > Blood Bowl Beta Signups
8. Re: Blood Bowl Beta Signups Apr 10, 2009, 19:08 ldonyo

Got myself registered and can't wait to play!  

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. Re: Safety Dance Apr 8, 2009, 21:04 ldonyo

I don't take as gospel any article in WSJ that does not list a source by name. Murdoch's crew plays too fast and loose with facts when a good story can be delivered instead.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Apr 8, 2009, 16:50 ldonyo

It's amazing he ever gets a game designed considering how much time he must spend on presentations. On the other hand, maybe he should be encouraged to do even more presentations and less game designing...  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Apr 8, 2009, 16:49 ldonyo

Games are games, they aren't meant to be interactive versions of "Sophie's Choice". Games are meant to be entertaining. Sure, developers can create games where the player must make morality-based choices and 'live' with the consequences, but only until they stop playing that particular game. I think most 'gaming journalists' need to come back down to Earth and realize that they're writing about pieces of entertainment, not social commentaries on the nature of Mankind.  

1486 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo