Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1511 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2011, 19:13 ldonyo

I can't stand any of the pat-ourselves-on-the-back awards. The garbage they telecast to the world is even worse than the awards themselves.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Xoom Feb 27, 2011, 19:07 ldonyo

There is a small chain of smoothie shops named Xoom here in Arizona. Are these money-transfer clowns going to claim that they are trying to use the "goodwill" that the money laundering transfer business has "built", too? This ought to be laughed loudly out of court.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 27, 2011, 19:03 ldonyo

AnointedSword wrote on Feb 27, 2011, 17:39:
I can see you are trying to twist this into a foxnews thing, Blue. Maybe foxnews is the only channel that lets everyone get heard? Like it or not there are parents out there that do not want their children seeing garbage like that. Let us paint a truthful picture...

No, Faux News is turning this into a Faux News thing, as always. They intentionally mis-report, you quickly mis-decide. You must be one of their favorite viewers...

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 26, 2011, 16:43 ldonyo

IT Graduates articled linked just fine for me. I never believed Apple ever thought differently, just more expensively.

Too bad the IT Grads article didn't list the companies that hired unprepared graduates and then complained about said graduates unpreparedness. I think that says more about hiring practices than applicants.

No one newly hired into IT by an organization will be "ready to go" the moment all of the HR paperwork is finished unless said organization is also starting on the same day. Everywhere I've working over the last three decades has had its share of tools, policies and practices that needed to be learned before you could start being productive. From help desk ticketing systems to source code management applications, new hires need to learn the ropes before they can be turned loose on an unsuspecting user base.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Feb 26, 2011, 16:33 ldonyo

Stardock and CDProjekt RED have proven that the piracy argument is crap. Most DRM is nothing more than a publisher trying to keep stockholders from selling off their shares at the expense of gamers needing to register their game online and keep the media in a drive during play.

Yes, EA and Ubisoft are doing their level best to make playing one of their PC releases nigh-impossible for non-masochists, that's why I am very picky about which PC titles of theirs I buy and I do not buy them for at least a month after release because of the QA fiascoes that are bound to arise. These same publishers are also responsible for many of the truly craptastic console ports.

The whining about GFWL is just that, whining. There are several other digital download sites, each with their own tools and interface to deal with. Crying about one or more of them not being like Steam is pretty sad.

Same thing goes for whining about other gamers. If you don't like it, don't play online. Or, better yet, learn how to use the various options available to limit random chatter and block particular gamers' comments altogether.

Buying games based on a single "big site's" reviews is just asking to be disappointed. Complaining about your own poor purchasing practices by trying to blame a c-n-p review does not make you look terribly credible or intelligent.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Feb 20, 2011, 18:52 ldonyo

The only thing reaching a fever pitch at Faux News is the level of mis- and disinformation they provide to their viewers. This is especially when video games are involved.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 19, 2011, 16:50 ldonyo

The article on video games makes one good point, that parents should participate in deciding what media they allow their children to view. It also makes one point that could have been handled more tactfully, that people offended by the subject matter of a video game should not be allowed to decide if said video game is banned for all.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 19, 2011, 16:43 ldonyo

Why Intel chose to build a factory in a state that does not value education, but wants everyone to carry a gun, is beyond me. I live in Tucson and I would not wish our state legislature on North Korea or China, they are that far out of touch with reality. If your aim in life is to be able to hunt coyotes at night, though, Arizona is the place to be!  

News Comments > Dead Island & Call of Juarez Film Plans
1. Re: Dead Island & Call of Juarez Film Plans Feb 19, 2011, 16:39 ldonyo

Only so long as Uwe is not let on the same continent where these films are being developed do they have a hope in Hell of not sucking donkey balls.  

News Comments > Medal of Honor Sequel Announced
4. Re: Medal of Honor Sequel Announced Feb 19, 2011, 16:36 ldonyo

Why? If EA wants to take the lead in shooters they should start with a franchise they haven't already run into the ground. Not that they have many of those left...  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Faux News Feb 18, 2011, 11:42 ldonyo

Faux News panders to their conservative (and generally older) viewer base by airing intentionally misleading pieces on video games whose sole purpose is to cause anger and outrage in their viewers and in gamers. They seem to truly believe that there is no such thing as bad publicity. If gamers were to give this drivel the attention it actually merits, none, perhaps Faux News would find themselves a new whipping boy.  

News Comments > NPD: 5% Industry Decline
3. Re: NPD: 5% Industry Decline Feb 17, 2011, 21:20 ldonyo

Given the number of sales outlets that do not give data to NPD this means exactly squat.  

News Comments > A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer
8. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer Feb 16, 2011, 14:37 ldonyo

bobbyric wrote on Feb 16, 2011, 14:32:
Looks like a game that was already in development then they somehow landed the rights to "A Song of Ice and Fire"

Interesting how the series is now being known as "A Game of Thrones", it is catchier.

Although in his series dragons are extinct, so this either takes place way before the book series or after Daeny's dragons are all grown up. (He hasn't even written that far into the series yet)

Calling it by the title of the first book gives it the same name as the series starting on HBO in April. As a marketing move it is not bad.

The reference to Aegon the Conqueror is a clear indicator that it takes place well before the books.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Feb 13, 2011, 10:52 ldonyo

Another video game slam courtesy of Faux News. What are the odds?  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 9, 2011, 10:02 ldonyo

I really yearn for the old Bluesnews that didn't drive off into the political weeds with "Fox Bad" while posting more and more content from The Huffington Post. A pox on all their houses. And now back to gaming...

Maybe if Faux News didn't using quotes from the anti-gaming shrunken heads there would be no reason to point out their idiocy. Seriously, blaming rapes on sex in video games? Just how stupid or delusional do you need to be to make that leap?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 5, 2011, 10:19 ldonyo

A sample size of 700 smartphone users does not a statistically valid result make.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 28, 2011, 12:55 ldonyo

EA has already taken the position that they are only releasing PC versions of things to be nice. Expecting anything more from them is an exercise in frustration.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 28, 2011, 12:54 ldonyo

The Seventh Circuit judges have clearly never played D&D. The DM does not give instructions to the players. The players attempt actions and the DM determines if they are successful or not.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 26, 2011, 13:35 ldonyo

Is crack smoking mandatory to be an exec at Epic?  

News Comments > Game Health Warning Legislation, Take 3
25. Re: Game Health Warning Legislation, Take 3 Jan 26, 2011, 09:22 ldonyo

Creston wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 23:20:
"Warning: excessive exposure to violent video games and other violent media has been linked to exactly shit, but since I'm grandstanding on an issue I normally don't give a flying fuck about, I'm going to pretend it aborts children, murders kittens and rapes your spouses!"

Good job, Joe fucking Douchebag.

Creston

You nailed it!

1511 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo