Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1440 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Violent Game Talk
13. Re: Violent Game Talk Mar 22, 2010, 20:40 ldonyo

Yet another babbling blowhard pushing someone's anti-game agenda. This time the nonsense is being spouted in the UK.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Kasumi DLC Priced
17. Re: Mass Effect 2 Kasumi DLC Priced Mar 22, 2010, 20:36 ldonyo

They'll eventually package up all the paid DLC for ME2 and release it for less than the cost of buying them individually, so I'll wait.  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2010, 19:55 ldonyo

I read reviews for information about games. I usually read a few reviews from smaller sites to see if there are any show-stopping bugs or issues with game play that would keep me from enjoying a game.

I don't go to the 'big' sites for reviews because they have generally been bought and paid for via advertising dollars, throwing anything resembling objectivity out the window. I have a problem with the mentality of most of the reviewers at 'big' sites, as well. Most of them seem to believe their audience is made up of 12-year-olds with authority issues and breast fixations. Their writing certainly reads as if it were being done by an aforementioned 12-year-old.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 20, 2010, 18:05 ldonyo

The lack of a Twilight video game has saved millions of dollars and spared people from suffering through yet another half-assed rush job movie tie-in piece of garbage. This is why analysts should just STFU.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 18, 2010, 21:39 ldonyo

Lokust wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 12:45:
The rock band green day article is hilarious. Serious nerd rage that reads like a retard wrote it. That someone can be so indignant that someone made a game they aren't interested in.... take a step back dude

It would have been hilarious had it not been painfully obvious that the author does not like Green Day or Rock Band in the slightest. It reads like one of Roger Ebert's diatribes about why video games will never be art and has almost as much insight.

News Comments > Video Games Can Hurt Schoolwork
1. Re: Video Games Can Hurt Schoolwork Mar 16, 2010, 18:15 ldonyo

An attention whore looking for more grant money to fund further studies of the "obvious". The funny thing, though, is that parents who pay attention to their children and make sure those children have completed all of their homework before being allowed to play video games have children that progress just as well as non-gaming children. Since things like that won't get grant money from any "blame video games" groups.  

News Comments > Hunted: The Demon's Forge Announced
5. Re: Hunted: The Demon's Forge Announced Mar 15, 2010, 17:37 ldonyo

At least they aren't trying to call it an "action/RPG".  

News Comments > NVIDIA's 3D Push
4. Re: NVIDIA's 3D Push Mar 15, 2010, 11:31 ldonyo

I'm waiting for 3D without glasses. I'll keep my 2D TV until then.  

News Comments > "Too Early" for Splinter Cell: Conviction DLC Talk
1. Re: "Too Early" for Splinter Cell: Conviction DLC Talk Mar 15, 2010, 11:30 ldonyo

Since when has it ever been too early to talk DLC for a game that has not been released?  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 13, 2010, 15:32 ldonyo

No one working at Google or Facebook may care about privacy, but most regular folks do.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2010, 15:26 ldonyo

Arizona has a lot of problems, most of them caused by its State Legislature. However, one thing Arizona does right is not to play the Daylight Savings game.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 3, 2010, 09:40 ldonyo

Having a leap year 'glitch' in a non-leap year is absolutely astonishing. It also explains why PS3 firmware needs multiple attempts to get a working update. Truly pathetic.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 3, 2010, 08:40 ldonyo

GameStop thinks enough people bought this festering turd (and will admit it in public) to have a competition?  

News Comments > Violent Games Study
16. Re: Violent Games Study Mar 1, 2010, 21:08 ldonyo

Another conclusion searching for some way to justify itself. Definitely a member of the circle jerk trying to tear down video games "for the children".  

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Feb 26, 2010, 23:38 ldonyo

Analysis and GamePro in the same sentence should be a felony. Nothing in that piece bore any resemblance to analysis of any kind.  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Titles Confirmed
17. Re: Ubisoft DRM Titles Confirmed Feb 26, 2010, 23:32 ldonyo

One less publisher I will buy games from.  

News Comments > No C&C4 LAN or Dedicated Servers
1. Re: No C&C4 LAN or Dedicated Servers Feb 21, 2010, 12:16 ldonyo

The only protest that publishers will recognize is when gamers stop buying games that do not have the features they want. If sales stop, dropping of features will stop.  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Interview
2. Re: Ubisoft DRM Interview Feb 21, 2010, 12:14 ldonyo

If Ubi is frustrated with their titles' sales performance in the PC market, adding constant Internet connectivity to their DRM is exactly the opposite way to increase PC version sales. What will they try after this blows up in their face?  

News Comments > More on Ubisoft DRM
6. Re: More on Ubisoft DRM Feb 20, 2010, 14:28 ldonyo

It's a good thing I have a whole bunch of games that I have never finished playing through. I'm not buying any game with a constant-connection requirement. This will eventually lead to me not buying any new games at all for the PC, since this looks to be the way things are heading.

If investors were smart (and most of them aren't), they would look at EA's results for the last few years and see just what happens when you piss your customer base off. EA was one of the first with stupidly-high levels of DRM and their consistently-poor financial results are proof of the sense of that strategy, along with the strategy of trying to buy good review scores for crappy games.

News Comments > Kotick Explains Activision Missteps
5. Re: Kotick Explains Activision Missteps Feb 18, 2010, 20:45 ldonyo

ActiBlizzard's first misstep, keeping Kotick after the merger. Further misstep, keeping him now. Kotick knows less about video games than your average kindergartner.  

1440 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo