Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1369 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > BF Heroes Price Hikes
2. Re: BF Heroes Price Hikes Dec 1, 2009, 16:35 ldonyo

Wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper for EA to just kill this game outright rather than put it through the slow, lingering death it will now face?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2009, 09:47 ldonyo

I see the Church of Gore meets here too. Cryin' shame they put so much stock in an unproven hypothesis that is eerily parallel to the argument made by the "blame violent video games for violence" crowd.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
4. Re: Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2009, 22:06 ldonyo

The Wired article's title is more than a little misleading, since it is the DOJ that wants the ruling overturned, not Obama. However, that title did get every Faux News and Limbaugh fanboy up in arms.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Specs & DRM Details
30. Re: Mass Effect 2 Specs & DRM Details Nov 25, 2009, 17:46 ldonyo

Wow I didn't realize dragon age didn't have activation drm, great news on me2. It's nice to have pc games that can be actually purchased! (ie you'll always have a working copy of the game in hand)

Dragon Age still has to be activated with EA, online, the first time you go to play it. All DLC and items codes need to be redeemed online, as well. It's not DRM, but it isn't a simple disk check, either.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 24, 2009, 09:35 ldonyo

I'd buy that for a dollar!  

News Comments > NIMF Closing
5. Re: NIMF Closing Nov 21, 2009, 10:58 ldonyo

Thank God!  

News Comments > PC MW2 Outsells CoD4
35. Re: PC MW2 Outsells CoD4 Nov 21, 2009, 10:57 ldonyo

There are a lot of Sheep in the woods.

I think of them as lemmings over a cliff or cattle in a feed lot, but sheep in the woods works, too.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Sales
38. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Sales Nov 18, 2009, 19:02 ldonyo

More of the same but lacking so much and yet it still sells a lot.

It's the lemming syndrome.

Pop culture phenomenon it's not, but you can't expect Kotick to know his ass from a hole in the ground, can you?

News Comments > EA: Pandemic IPs "Will Live On"
1. Re: EA: Pandemic IPs "Will Live On" Nov 17, 2009, 16:57 ldonyo

Chew'em up and spit'em out, the EA philosophy of development studio use. Why any studio interested in existing five years later agrees to be acquired by EA will remain a mystery.  

News Comments > Borderlands Patch
12. Re: Borderlands Patch Nov 17, 2009, 12:11 ldonyo

No actual role-playing added yet, I see.  

News Comments > EEDAR: Marketing Sells More Than Good Reviews
6. Re: EEDAR: Marketing Sells More Than Good Reviews Nov 16, 2009, 19:16 ldonyo

Then there are games like Kane & Lynch, which no amount of marketing could save. According to recent articles linked here at Blue's, EA spends more on marketing than on development, yet EA keeps losing money. Divnich's theory about marketing influence is clearly based on cherry-picked sales figures and ignores the broader reality of the video game marketplace.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2009, 16:22 ldonyo

Maybe Randy Pitchford is Bobby Kotick's equally-retarded twin?  

News Comments > Gearbox Passed on Blade Runner
10. Re: Gearbox Passed on Blade Runner Nov 16, 2009, 16:01 ldonyo

That's good news for fans of Blade Runner, as I don't think Gearbox would have done the Blade Runner license justice.  

News Comments > New MW2 PC Petition
33. Re: New MW2 PC Petition Nov 16, 2009, 12:31 ldonyo

The lemmings have already paid, so this cry will go unheard. Maybe not buying the game would have helped their cause, but I doubt it. ActiBlizzard doesn't care about their customers' wants or needs, they only care about taking money from them.  

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Nov 13, 2009, 14:46 ldonyo

The gaming industry is having no trouble monetizing transactions outside the initial game purchase. Fallout 3 is a prime example of that and it is hardly the only one.

The gaming industry's real problem is the same as the movie and recording industries' problem. They all churn out far more crap than hits and the crap is very expensive to produce.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Sells 4.7M in 24 Hours
59. Re: MW2 Sells 4.7M Nov 12, 2009, 16:51 ldonyo

It's a testament to idiocy and lemming-like behavior by people that should never be left unattended near sharp objects.  

News Comments > MW2 Unlocked on Steam
5. Re: MW2 Unlocked on Steam Nov 12, 2009, 16:49 ldonyo

ActiBlizzard has totally fucked PC gamers with this, so they must figure one more kick to the balls won't be noticed.  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Nov 12, 2009, 16:45 ldonyo

MW2, console gaming on your PC! If they're going to do it that way, they may as well market it that way.  

News Comments > Mythic Status Report
4. Re: Mythic Status Report Nov 11, 2009, 15:08 ldonyo

Wasn't there a similar statement from the guy running Westwood 1 for EA right before EA canned the whole studio?  

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Nov 10, 2009, 11:23 ldonyo

I don't bother with most video game reviews, especially ones that are posted on sites like Destructoid. I also don't bother with any video game review that comes out in the first week after the game is released.  

1369 Comments. 69 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo