Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1488 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. May 26, 2015, 17:49 ldonyo

Since when did "choosing not to make available to their customers" become "refuses to distribute"? They already have Postal and Postal 2, why do they need another random mass murder game?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Closed Beta Next Week
7. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Closed Beta Next Week May 22, 2015, 11:42 ldonyo

Why bother calling it a Beta if the only people you allow in have already preordered the game? Did Ubi just fire all of their testers and come on this as a way to get paid and have testing, too? Ubi is not the only one doing this, but they seem to use it more often than anyone else.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 23, 2015, 10:10 ldonyo

Why don't game developers ever push for jaw-dropping gameplay?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 17, 2015, 10:18 ldonyo

Facebook's 'bug' was getting caught doing something they shouldn't have been doing. Now they'll just have to find a new way to track people that don't want to be tracked.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 15, 2015, 11:25 ldonyo

Those are some of the most ridiculous questions I've ever seen.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 15, 2015, 10:34 ldonyo

Just one more reason to avoid flying unless absolutely necessary.  

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 8, 2015, 11:21 ldonyo

The over-the-air tuner is $79.99 and you'll need an HDTV antenna. You can get the same over-the-air broadcasts by just getting the antenna and hooking it to your TV, so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2015, 12:09 ldonyo

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 11:24:
To the tech press, nothing can kill the iPad because that would require them to say that Apple didn't make the best of something. Those of us who don't live in the Reality Distortion Fields have known that for years but this is the tech press so...
Not only is it Ars, it's Peter Bright on Ars. He generally hates anything Microsoft does and thinks everyone should be like Apple.

News Comments > GOG.com Reclaim Your Game Program
17. Re: GOG.com Reclaim Your Game Program Apr 2, 2015, 17:19 ldonyo

This is very cool! The sad part for me is that I have already purchased GOG copies of almost every game I own that will be a part of this program.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 31, 2015, 14:48 ldonyo

WaltC wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 12:18:
Cook is the dangerous party, imo...If I discover a business doesn't want my business for whatever the reason, do I...

a) Find another business run by someone who appreciates my business and will value it

or

b) Take the businessman who doesn't want my business to court to force him to do business with me...?

If you said "B" you can join Tim Cook in the corner with his dunce cap in place...;)

According to the GLBT alliance, the only group in the US that does not have the right to be offended is the 98%-99% heterosexual majority.
You really don't understand what that law does, do you?

It legalizes discrimination against anyone as long as you claim you hold a "sincerely held religious belief" that prevents you from treating someone you don't like/don't want to like/looks or acts different than you with any respect whatsoever. It will be especially hard on people in small and rural communities where there may only be one place to get a type of product or service.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 31, 2015, 14:40 ldonyo

nin wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 12:04:
J wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 11:57:
is Bloodbone as hard as Bloodborne?

Blood Bones (or Bloody Bones, Blood/Bone, etc.) could be a fighting game title.

Or a fast food sim...

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length
20. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 12:48 ldonyo

Alamar wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 12:37:
200+... I realize that's a selling point for a lot of people... But holy crap, even one quarter of that is too much for me... Unless the combat (where you spend most of the game) is amazing, anything over 20 hours starts to bore me... Add that to my inability to stick to one game at a time, I have a ton of half completed games...
It's 200+ hours if you do everything. You don't have to do everything.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 27, 2015, 12:53 ldonyo

Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 10:31:
My SteelSeries mouse has been fine, but I'll never use their drivers again. They released a version that completely trashed my Windows 8 install (as in: made it unbootable - requiring me to do many hours of recovery).

They released a fix, but the damage was done.

I'll avoid that brand in future.

I don't like them because they bought Ideazon and then killed development of the Z-engine software for the MERC keyboard, which is my favorite gaming keyboard.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 27, 2015, 11:02 ldonyo

Microsoft must have a different definition of "stand-alone" for the Xbox One. I was able to get the F&F DLC for the 360 without any trouble. When I try to do the same for the Xbox One, though, it says "Bundle Only". WTF? That's hardly the free, stand-alone game Microsoft says is available until April 10.

Turns out there is a second entry for the free version in the Microsoft Store, one that you can't get to unless you go through the main Xbox One Games page.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2015, 11:07.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 27, 2015, 10:51 ldonyo

Cutter wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 09:51:
So in that regard, no I donít think there are that many legitimate critiques on character design as all of it is just pure taste and preference based. You can like something, or you can dislike something. Feel free to walk away if you donít like it, but donít harass the creator for it and wave your political flag.

And bingo was his name-o!

When you own a pizza place and one day the mob enters your little shack, threatens you by saying if I donít stop selling pepperoni pizzaís theyíll do anything in their power to make sure you go out of business, then what should we call this? Blackmail? Censorship? Harassment? Extortion? or simply a trade embargo?

Fuckin' A, bubba! That's what tolerance is folks. You don't have to like it. You have to tolerate it. Free speech doesn't mean being free from being offended. So hate it all you like, just shut up about it already.

Amd wtf is with this site asking if you want to buy a license if you copy some text? Are they unfamiliar with Fair Use?
Too bad all the trolls making death and rape threats to female game devs don't feel as you do, Cutter. They don't want to walk away, they want to chase away everything they don't like.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Video
1. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Mar 26, 2015, 18:44 ldonyo

I am cautiously optimistic about this one. I hope they have a beta test of some sort I can get into.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
8. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 13:42 ldonyo

It's also available on GOG.com. Looking forward to this!  

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 26, 2015, 11:36 ldonyo

And they'll keep asking those same questions until they get the answers the Telcos want.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released
13. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released Mar 24, 2015, 16:08 ldonyo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 15:37:
Flatline wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 14:51:
Verno wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 14:47:
Hmm I don't know Lito, they didn't ultimate edition DA2 or Mass Effect 2/3 for that matter. It's weird, correct me if I'm wrong but they seemed to have stopped bundling Bioware DLC. They did bundle up Mass Effect into a trilogy but IIRC ME2 and ME3 are without DLC included. I suspect EA makes more money on the DLC separately so they keep doing it that way on purpose.

It makes sense. You discount the game down to 20 bucks or 10 bucks or whatever and people pick it up cheap... then they spend 30 dollars on all the full priced DLC and bring an otherwise bargain game almost up to the cost of a new price point.
They lose my money then. These days, I pretty much wait and only buy the GOTY version.
Same with me. I don't make enough to pay full price for a game, let alone an EA game that is sure to have an equal dollar amount, or more, in DLC by the time they're done milking a game.

I bought DA2 for my 360 when it was $10 - $15, then waited for Microsoft to have a sale on the DLC and bought a couple of those. Spent maybe $30 all together. I'll probably go the same route with Inquisition, starting when it gets heavily discounted around Christmas time.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 24, 2015, 10:31 ldonyo

The local police had to crib the letters because they don't have any idea how a Stingray works. I'm waiting for the fake cell phones to come out that flood Stingrays with worthless data.  

1488 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo