Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1308 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 13:46 ldonyo

RoboNerd wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 09:45:
Re: America's Ten Best Cities for BBQ

KC is number 3! They mention Arthur Bryant's, but they should also have mentioned Gates - walk in the front door and have "Hi May I Help You!" screamed at you. Oklahoma Joe's is a relative newcomer that's getting a lot of good press, but Arthur Bryant's & Gates are the pillars. Drool2

I preferred Winslow's down at the River Market when I worked in downtown KC, but I never turn down any barbeque!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Prequel Plans?
4. Re: Borderlands 2 Prequel Plans? Apr 7, 2014, 10:16 ldonyo

Who decided that the third installment of a franchise created in this century has to be a prequel?  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Demo
7. Re: Shadow Warrior Demo Mar 27, 2014, 10:23 ldonyo

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 10:00:
nin wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 09:25:
I keep meaning to try this, and both videos and folks that have played it speak well of it. Yet for some reason, I can seem to part with the $10. Maybe it's because I know that even if I buy it, I have no idea when I'll actually get around to playing it.

Too many damn games!

I bought it for 75% off months ago... GOG.com, can 2015 be a gap year where we all catch up!

That's where and when I picked it up, as well.

News Comments > Molyneux: Indie Revival "Won't Last"
13. Re: Molyneux: Indie Revival Mar 25, 2014, 11:18 ldonyo

Peter has always struck me as one of those game designers that critics love, but the paying audience just never quite gets behind with their wallets, much like some movie directors.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Delayed to February 2015
11. Re: The Witcher 3 Delayed to February 2015 Mar 11, 2014, 15:49 ldonyo

El Pit wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 13:33:
Take your time, I haven't played much of Witcher 2 yet. So, for selfish reasons I can accept this delay. King
I haven't started it again since the Extended Edition patch, so I have no trouble with waiting, as well.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 10, 2014, 10:40 ldonyo

I had to use the invisible ink hint book to get through all 57 steps of acquiring a babble fish back when I played this on my C-64. The hint book was incredibly funny in and of itself, taking much of the sting out of being a near requirement to complete the game.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2014, 17:31 ldonyo

By 'Internet' they mean the folks that write about apps that fell hook, line and sinker for this 'story'.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2014, 09:26 ldonyo

Yet The Pirate Bay isn't dead, so what are they really saying here?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 6, 2014, 09:24 ldonyo

A cool idea, but I don't think it's $100 worth of cool.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 5, 2014, 15:01 ldonyo

The problem isn't that game designers are afraid to fail. The problem is that publishers are afraid to lose money. The more frequently game designers are allowed to come up with games that do not have some corporate bean counter approving or disapproving every aspect of their design, the more frequently we will see games that are not a rehash of something that has already been done to death.  

News Comments > Valve Reddit Interview
2. Re: Valve Reddit Interview Mar 5, 2014, 09:43 ldonyo

So, instead of announcing products and then being late, Valve just won't announce products at all so they can be on time?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 4, 2014, 10:42 ldonyo

Keurig will probably get slapped down just like printer makers did when they tried the same thing years ago.  

News Comments > State of Decay DLC Plans
2. Re: State of Decay DLC Plans Feb 28, 2014, 09:59 ldonyo

Bought State of Decay a couple of days ago and the wife has been playing it for hours and hours at a time since. She really enjoys it!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2014, 09:27 ldonyo

I'm going to have to try Fallout with a 1 INT character after seeing that!  

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
7. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 09:15 ldonyo

I played the beta a bit. It's pretty, but clearly not finished yet. I was frustrated by having control of my avatar taken from me so I could watch for 45 - 60 seconds as someone else killed me. If this is a feature, it's a bad one.

I won't be buying it when it is finished, as I am not a fan of squad-based online-only shooters.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 7, 2014, 09:48 ldonyo

Satellite Reign sounds an awful lot like the P&P version of Shadowrun, which is an awesome thing!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: CEA: 73% Of Those Who See An Ultra HD TV Want One Feb 6, 2014, 09:31 ldonyo

I see stuff in stores all the time that I would like to have. That doesn't mean I can afford to or plan to buy it.  

News Comments > Nadella New MS CEO; Gates Out as Chairman
9. Re: Nadella New MS CEO; Gates Out as Chairman Feb 4, 2014, 13:45 ldonyo

The people that believe Microsoft needs shaking up are the analysts that would like to write about a shaken-up Microsoft. I don't hear of any complaints from shareholders.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Feb 4, 2014, 09:46 ldonyo

Shouldn't that be Bloodlines, not Redemption, for the Vampire: The Masquerade patch?  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2014, 19:41 ldonyo

nin wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 18:55:
Amazon considers raising Prime subscription fee by up to $40.

Ugh. I love prime, but...$80 a year is pushing it, as is...

Maybe if I used more of their streaming, I could justify it, but I generally use netflix for that.

I use a lot of their streaming and I have a Kindle, as well as ordering quite a few items a year. However, I'll drop Prime and spend my money elsewhere if it goes up by $20 - $40. Prime is convenient, but hardly a necessity.

1308 Comments. 66 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo