Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1392 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age Keep Open Demo
6. Re: Dragon Age Keep Open Demo Oct 30, 2014, 11:02 ldonyo

InBlack wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 10:42:
Sauron, it doesnt help that this last game seems to be riffing on Skyrim like a whole shitload does it?

DA:O was the last EA game I bought. I think. One of the last ones I believe, and one of the best EA games they have produced. Still after the second Dragon Age fiasco, and the drop in quality with Bioware titles ever since I have little hope for DA3. I hope to be proven wrong, I hope that DA3 will be the game that will get me to get on Origin. Very little chance of that happening though.

DA:O was great because it was all-but-complete before EA bought (and destroyed) BioWare. Same thing goes for the first Mass Effect. Once EA got their corrupting claws involved, the next entries into those franchises barely resembled the previous and highly successful games, much to the chagrin of players and stockholders alike.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
9. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 29, 2014, 11:46 ldonyo

It isn't free, but both Crusader games are available on GOG.com.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released
4. Re: Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released Oct 28, 2014, 14:11 ldonyo

This is why there is no point in getting a game until the everything edition is released, unless all the DLC is going to be free.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 28, 2014, 10:28 ldonyo

Oh, look, yet another study that started with a conclusion and worked its way back through a testing methodology to find data to support it.  

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com
3. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 10:21 ldonyo

I still have my original Sidewinder joystick from nearly 20 years ago and now I have a reason to dig it out!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 27, 2014, 14:43 ldonyo

I am so glad I cut the cord a few years ago!  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 27, 2014, 14:38 ldonyo

When I lived in the Kansas City area the Sprint employment yo-yo was a regular topic of discussion. They very regularly go through hiring and firing binges, usually to get rid of the more expensive employees in favor of cheaper (and younger) employees, typically recent graduates. This was why few people wanted to work for Sprint, unless it was until they found employment elsewhere.  

News Comments > John Riccitiello New Unity CEO
7. Re: John Riccitiello New Unity CEO Oct 22, 2014, 16:30 ldonyo

Untiy, soon to be the most hated company having anything to do with gaming.  

News Comments > Metallica to Close BlizzCon
18. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 14:54 ldonyo

Fewer than the number of us that waited to see if Fonzie would make it when it was first aired!  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 20, 2014, 10:40 ldonyo

Can we just agree that payment of any kind for good reviews and hating/harassing/discriminating against people for any reason are all bad so we can move on to something else now?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 16, 2014, 11:22 ldonyo

He went into that study to see if active games would replace regular games and found out they didn't. I hope he wasn't given a lot of money to do this.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Oct 15, 2014, 10:23 ldonyo

The idea of aggregating review scores into an average or mean is a good one. Having a secret formula that includes unknown levels of weighting for some scores over others to come up with a final score, not so much.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 14, 2014, 09:55 ldonyo

There is definitely confusion on the part of those claiming a consensus on violent video games causing aggression.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 10, 2014, 17:43 ldonyo

It isn't actually Snapchat that got hacked. It is a third-party service that stores Snapchat photos that Snapchat has no control over. This also shows that using third-party apps in conjunction with other third-party apps can end very badly.  

News Comments > The Evil Within Minimum Specs
2. Re: The Evil Within Minimum Specs Oct 3, 2014, 10:03 ldonyo

50GB of disk space?!? If your ISP employs a data cap you'd better plan well in advance for the download. I realize the download won't be 50GB, but it won't be less than 30GB.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 2, 2014, 10:16 ldonyo

Just did an install of Foxit, no Foxit Cloud install/don't install option. Opened and saved some PDFs, no Foxit Cloud in sight. Methinks someone set something up and forgot about it from not using it.

Yes, Foxit should have made the installation of their Cloud service optional. However, it does have its own uninstall in the Windows Control Panel, as explained in the article Blue linked right below the Foxit one.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 30, 2014, 17:42 ldonyo

JediPunisher wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 17:04:
Windows 10 will be sooo much better than Windows 9.
It will easily best Windows 8.x

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 26, 2014, 10:17 ldonyo

Got my Shadowrun games on GOG. Since I had already purchased Dragonfall, GOG was kind enough to throw in the Director's Cut version for free when it was released.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 26, 2014, 10:16 ldonyo

Let's hope this becomes a trend.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 26, 2014, 10:12 ldonyo

Can we please stop adding "Gate" to the end of everything?  

1392 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo