Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brataccas

Real Name Brataccas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 11, 2005, 18:08
Total Comments 61 (Suspect)
User ID 23626

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2014, 15:42 Brataccas

BobBob wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 13:44:
Animals should be in the wild nature. I imagine if we asked a pet what it would prefer, it would want its freedom; if it had the chance to experience both captivity and the wild. Unfortunately, an animal is incapable of communicating that fact. I have had pets in the past and loved them. But in retrospect, they should have been running in the wild. If you find my opinion offensive, put the situation in reverse: Can you honestly say you would prefer to be a pet?

What utter nonsense. Have you actually spent any significant amount of time out in the wild? My wife has been doing falconry and wildlife rehabilitation work for over a decade. We see animals come in that are diseased, sick, starving, malnourished, full of parasites, injured, missing toes and limbs, frozen, dehydrated, and worse. Life in wild nature for animals is harsh, brutal, and full of constant fear. The vast majority of wildlife will die in their first year, it's not all rainbows and teddy bears out there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2014, 16:31 Brataccas

Spent many happy (and frustrated) days playing Adventure on the 2600. It's even more impressive when you consider how much was packed into 4k.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 11, 2014, 15:42 Brataccas

Oh this should be amusing to watch. What could possibly go wrong? Popcorn  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2014, 12:48 Brataccas

Ratty wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 10:35:
Let's see, I got all of them up to number 11: "Three logicians walk into a bar". Still don't get that one.

If the first logician didn't want a drink, he would have answered "no", which implies that he does indeed want a drink. However, he cannot answer "yes" because he doesn't yet know if the other logicians want a drink. So he answers "I don't know." Same thing goes for the second logician. The third logician then answers "yes" because he wants a drink and can deduce that the first two logicians also want a drink.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2014, 12:42 Brataccas

descender wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 11:06:
Another large problem is the serving size suggestions on the side of pet food bags/cans/etc. They all recommend entirely too much per serving for almost any pet. If you follow them you will have a fat pet. Lots of good research has already been done about how much of different types of food (wet/dry) they actually need per day. In some cases you should onyl be giving them half of what is suggested, which is just insane.

Exactly. And when you consider different activity levels, breed difference, age differences, and degree of food motivation, serving size suggestions are wildly off. The best method I've found over the years is to weigh my dogs regularly and adjust their food intake accordingly.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 14:22 Brataccas

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 12:54:
I don't think a whole lot of people played that game.

It's too bad the poor controls doomed it to obscurity, it was a unique game considering the time period. Everyone remembers Barbarian and Shadow of the Beast, but few remember where Psygnosis started.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 12:20 Brataccas

descender wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 11:25:
I don't think the loss was disgraceful... because they should have lost by about 7 or 8 goals. They were extremely lucky to only give up goals in extra time... and it took Howard having the greatest world cup performance for a keeper ever to even make extra time possible. They struggled vs deep crosses in every match, and probably should have lost to ghana too.

US was lucky they managed get out of there without being completely humiliated. Ten minutes in and you could tell who was more serious and coordinated. As Belgium vs US it was an abysmal match. As Belgium vs Howard it was brilliant.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 2, 2014, 12:08 Brataccas

“We took a step back. We looked at all of the software and asked, what is this made of?”

You've got to be kidding me -- the metaphysics of software design? How about we just stop trying to design the "all things to all people on all platforms" uber-UI and stick with functional and consistent.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jul 1, 2014, 12:52 Brataccas

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 10:05:
Grandmother buys old building in Japan, finds 55 classic arcade cabinets. Thanks Slashdot…

I am confused, maybe someone can shed some light on the subject....BUT WHO THE HELL BUYS SIGHT UNSEEN!?

Happens all the time in foreclosure auctions. She probably had the ability to see the outside but had no idea what was actually still in there. If the price and location are right...

News Comments > Summer Sales Ending
32. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 30, 2014, 00:49 Brataccas

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 23:55:
I'm a gamer.

I play shit on whatever platform I'm having fun on. Be it from Tetris back on the good old 1st gen Gameboy, Pokemon series on a 2Ds, Super Star Wars on a SNES, Sonic the Hedgehog on a Sega Genesis, Warhawk on the Playstation, Zelda on a N64, Halo on a Xbox, Metal Gear 2 on a PS2, Infamous on a PS3, All the Forza's on the 360, and just about everything else on my PC.
Oh and I have a soft spot for Are you Smarter then a 5th Grader on my Android Phone/Tablet, along with a copy of Minecraft for Consoles/PC/Tablet, even though my phone and tablet both have GTA3 on them as well.

Shut the fuck up, and quit worrying about what other people say and enjoy what you want, where you want it.

Cheers

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Jun 27, 2014, 23:27 Brataccas

Cutter wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 20:31:
I remember being blown away by the first wireframe flight sim I saw.

Heh, got a copy of subLOGIC Flight Simulator when it was originally released (5 1/4", could never get my cassette drive to work properly) -- best xmas ever.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 27, 2014, 17:53 Brataccas

Wow! The results of the nitrogen atoms snapping into place is pretty amazing.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 27, 2014, 17:42 Brataccas

"Were you alive and computery in the early- to mid-1990s?"

Er, the golden age of DOS gaming was alive and well a long time before that. Damn kids...

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2014, 00:17 Brataccas

Overon wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 23:50:
Why do people jump through these hoops like they are trained circus animals? I read an article a while ago that showed how so many people buy games they never play. Why buy these discounted games about 37% of you will never play.

Because I can never tell which games fall into that 37% ahead of time. If I save 50% on all the games I buy and don't play 37% of them, I'm still ahead. Time to whip out the wallet again!

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale 24-hour Adrenaline Rush
9. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale 24-hour Adrenaline Rush Jun 24, 2014, 22:21 Brataccas

Creston wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 21:44:
I like sales, but this "Check in every minute to maybe get something cool" thing is fucking radio-era horseshit. I have other shit to do, Gog.

Operant conditioning at its finest!

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jun 24, 2014, 20:28 Brataccas

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 20:18:
Gog, on the other hand...I'm waiting for the bank to freeze my card for fraud, with these multiple $2+ purchases, sometimes several a day.

Ugh, it's like a goddamn addiction here:

"It's just $4.99" *click*
(an hour later)
"It's just $3.99" *click*
(an hour later)
"It's just $2" *click*
By the end of the day: $70

Well played, GoG, well played.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2014, 22:04 Brataccas

Meh, disappointed. Hated Looper. Plot holes you could drive a truck through, back up, and drive through again.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
42. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 17:06 Brataccas

Axis wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:45:

Yea the game will be released on the 30th, editor sometimes afterwards. The game itself is incredibly fun, kind of a mashup between Baldurs Gate and oldschool might and magic games, but with one of the most enjoyable 'environment' engine I've ever played (physics, item interaction/reaction, elements, etc) - lots of freedom & strategy and designed to be completely mod-able. The single player game has an in-game chat system that anyone can participate in, really adds something special and it's being kept in release. Such a minor thing yet adds so much while playing.

I have very little patience for redoing content, but its been a joy every patch (they break the saves) since everything is so varied and done so well - I've done the intro mission/early content about 6 times and I have absolutely no patience for that kinda stuff normally.

The community is overwhelmingly positive, just read the forums -- It's worth a check if you like RPGs.

*sigh* Fiiiiiiine. I was going to put if off for a bit longer, but might as well just pick it up now. Poor, sad little wallet.

News Comments > Morning Previews
3. Re: Morning Previews Jun 19, 2014, 12:10 Brataccas

PoE just keeps looking better and better. I like the illustrated text-adventure idea, that's essentially what Torment was anyway. I'd rather them spend the time and money on writing good stories than on animating cutscenes.

Now if we could just get them to go back and finish VanBuren....

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe Online Hint?
3. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 11:11 Brataccas

Please no multiplayer, please no multiplayer, please no multiplayer.

The draw to the franchise has never been and never will be multiplayer. I hope they don't waste time and energy on trying to shoehorn it in.

61 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo