Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for David Jensen

Real Name David Jensen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jensen
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 8, 2005, 17:47
Total Comments 349 (Amateur)
User ID 23609

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 3 ARG Speculation Abounds
39. Re: Half-Life 3 ARG Speculation Abounds Jun 28, 2013, 19:19 Jensen

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 17:22:
Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 13:26:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 10:37:
And it was either last year or the year before Gabe became a BILLIONAIRE. He's doing something right.

Yeah, taking a cut of everything sold on Steam.
So you expect Valve to allow everyone to sell their games for free on their service? No sorry, this is the real world. Stuff like that costs money.
They do offer their service for free if the game is sold elsewhere. I think that's pretty awesome. That allows things like Kickstarter rewards, humble bundle, and lets developers who sold their game before it was on Steam give keys to their customers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 20, 2013, 21:13 Jensen

You cannot have game and marketing budgets this high while also having used and rental games existing. The numbers do NOT work people.

If you're worried about used game sales, then only sell your game as a digital download.

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 10, 2013, 23:46 Jensen

It will be harder to drop the price of the XBone as it comes with the Kinect.
Sony had the a similar issue with the PS3 being more expensive due to blu-ray.

The Kinect is really cool tech, but will games justify its existence?

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Jun 10, 2013, 23:41 Jensen

The press conference itself was steamed at 60FPS!  

News Comments > Scrolls Beta Content Clarified
18. Re: Scrolls Beta Content Clarified May 30, 2013, 01:39 Jensen

Minecraft was (initially) developed by Notch, not Mojang. Mojang is developing Scrolls, but Notch isn't involved.
Notch is worth over $100 million. It's funny when people say what he should do. He likes designing and programming games, so that is what he does.

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews May 19, 2013, 02:13 Jensen

eRe4s3r wrote on May 19, 2013, 00:06:
Dunno where he sees "violence" but shooting robots and cyborg animals is at best vandalism
Yeah, in this game you're only simulating the shooting of simulations of people instead of simulating the shooting of people.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
9. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 5, 2013, 19:46 Jensen

Glass is headache-inducing too; you're more or less cross-eyed when focusing on something so close to your face.
I would assume you'd be *less* cross-eyed than when looking at any other personal screen, as its simulated distance is very far away. And good luck looking to the upper right and crossing your eyes at the same time.

News Comments > Virtuix Omni - VR Treadmill
22. Re: Virtuix Omni - VR Treadmill Apr 22, 2013, 22:56 Jensen

Cutter wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 10:35:
And still, a mouse and keyboard are approximately 1 zillion times better than this and 1/1,000,000th the price. And who'll be adopting games for it? No one. What an utterly useless toy.
Better at what?

News Comments > Minecraft PC Sells $10MM; "Subtly" Teases Horses
3. Re: Minecraft PC Sells $10MM; Apr 5, 2013, 11:10 Jensen

No need for the dollar sign. 10 million is the unit sales. They are closer to $250 million in revenue from the PC version.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2013, 18:21 Jensen

http://steamdb.info/app/800/  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 3, 2013, 18:44 Jensen

The guy writing the AMOLED vs LCD article has no idea what he is talking about. Some choice quotes:
Due to the high contrast ratios of AMOLED screens, color saturation is clearly divisive in how we perceive true color. AMOLED displays saturate all images and colors to the opposite effect of a traditional rainbow.
However, an LCD display is simply an actuator of the pixel arrangement and provides no true light of its own, which is why IPS (In-Plane Switching) exists.
In practice, AMOLED displays are designed with no accuracy of color reproduction in mind, which is fine by me. It's completely acceptable that the AMOLED variety of displays do not prioritize true color reproduction.. It's preference after all. Lastly, AMOLED displays run "cooler" and offer colder colors. Coolness of color is the level of differentiation in hue, the degree to which a color can be described as red, green, blue, or yellow.

News Comments > TrackMania2 Stadium Info "Very Soon"
2. Re: TrackMania2 Stadium Info Feb 21, 2013, 20:36 Jensen

When playing a track online, there is an option to dowload the current track.... except most servers disable that function. Never understood why.  

46. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 20, 2013, 23:57 Jensen

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 20:50:
Redmask wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 20:16:
I can't believe they didn't show a picture of it, that's a pretty basic thing.

I'm surprised by how upset people on the Internet are getting about this. The box gets shoved under the TV and never looked at except when changing discs. Does it really matter that much?

Heck, I doubt you'll even have to change discs.

News Comments > ShootMania Beta Updated
3. Re: ShootMania Beta Updated Feb 11, 2013, 20:53 Jensen

It may be because they don't want to make any gameplay tweaks once they release the game?
The physics in Trackmania games is locked down at release. I suppose that could be different because of the nature of driving games and replays and records, though.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
33. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 7, 2013, 21:20 Jensen

I doubt the next-gen consoles will require an 'always-on' net connection, but I think they'll require online activation to install a game... though Sony may use their patented discs to avoid the online activation requirement.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
32. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 6, 2013, 22:37 Jensen

swedishfriend wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 12:29:
Europe requires that you can re-sell even downloaded games and I would expect that those kinds of rules will spread. Why try to stop used game sales so late in the game? I would focus my efforts on working out a scheme that will satisfy the EU and implement that all over the world instead. Aim for features the future will require not for the features of the past.
The reasoning behind the first-sale doctrine breaks down when you can instantly transfer something with no loss in quality.... Especially for single-player games with limited replayability.

I would guess that the system works a lot like Steam, which I'd be fine with, except...
  • You're tied to a device made by the same company

• XBox Live has a subscription fee

• Ads
  •  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
    13. Re: I still use a CRT TV. Jan 14, 2013, 00:27 Jensen

I'm all for higher, even unnecessary, resolutions for TVs and phones.

Higher resolution phone panels will mean the Oculus Rift can get higher resolutions faster :-)

UHD TV panels will be better for passive 3D. Also, it may finally push forward PC monitor resolutions. I'd love to have a curved 8K monitor.

It also may push GPUs to be faster, even low end ones.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
    3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 10, 2013, 23:18 Jensen

When are they doing this with books?  

News Comments > $83MM to Kickstart Games in 2012
    8. Re: $83MM to Kickstart Games in 2012 Jan 9, 2013, 01:47 Jensen

Wow, all the games on Kickstarter combined almost got as much money as Minecraft PC made in 2012.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2013, 02:06.

6. Re: Sony blocking used game sales Jan 4, 2013, 01:37 Jensen

This would let Sony implement a system like Steam with a bit more flexibility. Mostly online sales, but with discs for those with slower connections, and the RFID option so no internet connection is needed at all. Also, the disc wouldn't need to be in the system after the initial installation.

One of the reasons I'm a bit more accepting of Steam DRM is that it doesn't lock me to a specific piece of hardware made by the same company.

349 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 7.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo