Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Darren

Real Name Darren   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 2, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 204 (Novice)
User ID 23575

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > The Crew Reviews Delay
16. Re: The Crew Reviews Delay Nov 25, 2014, 14:26 Dacron

nin wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 13:59:
Maybe Project Cars? It looks so good it's almost too good to be true...

Waiting for CARS but Assetto Corsa is a great driving sim as well. Looks and sounds beautiful, an d has a really strong driving model, the best/most realistic I've played yet. The number of custom tracks is huge, full Nurburgring (28km), 30+km roads/loops from roads/hill climbs in Europe/North America.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Crew Reviews Delay
15. Re: The Crew Reviews Delay Nov 25, 2014, 14:22 Dacron

nin wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 13:52:
I've heard nothing positive about it, from word of mouth on the beta.

The crew made a decent exploring game (even if the scenery did not match the real states) but was terrible at everything else. The driving/handling aspect was horrendous, which might not be good for a car game.

It really looks, drives and feels like Test Drive Unlimited 2. Maybe worse as I actually enjoyed TDU even with it's terrible driving model.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
68. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 24, 2014, 20:03 Dacron

Lorcin wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 18:49:
You can search? it's one of the tabs in the galaxy map. I did have to write down my path once - but that was only just after the gamma went live and server was unstable.

Hate to say it but I fear this game will get marked down because people are used to being spoon fed games now.

Yes you can search, but having missions end/expire while you are planning a route in galaxy map and checking if you can make the distances with a full load of cargo is annoying. Especially getting fined for that cargo.

Even the option to set your next jump just to place a symbol in your in-ship navigation so you can select your next jump easier after you've planned it. Going from system to system is easy, but when you've tracked a bunch of gold down 6 systems away from where you're needed to complete a big $ mission and have a heavy load limiting your jumps, it could help. This is the future in game, I think it is easier to have computer navigation than pen and paper.

64. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 24, 2014, 16:48 Dacron

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 15:13:
You know I think the problem was I was looking for the station in the wrong system. The game started me up in some L3.. whatever system and the delivery was supposed to be made to a station in L3... whatever system so I was looking for the station on the left side in the menu but other than asteroid belts and planets I did not see the station there.
I ended up canceling the mission, I will try another one tonight.
I am pretty sure I needed to do a system jump but I didn't pay attention to what system I was supposed to deliver and what system I was in.
Most missions were paying like 1,000-2,000 credit this one was almost 4k so.

I wanted to go to SOL system too but it was too far and the computer didn't let me jump due to not enough fuel.
So yeah there are a lot of things I gotta learn before the game goes live.

My main gripe is travelling through multiple systems to get to a target. The galaxy map can be confusing, and the in ship system listing doesn't list connections so if you can't spot your target you're screwed. I wish I could type in the system I wanted in the galaxy map and have it plan my route rather than back tracking from my target to my current location, hoping I can make each system jump to get there. I have seen several station names that are similar to system names as well, I got lost once going to a wrong target, returned to finish the mission, a little too late and ate a HUUGE fine for illegal cargo.

I did not know SOL was available... making my trip to Earth tonight in my Cobra mk3 before the final wipe takes it away.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2014, 17:35.

62. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 24, 2014, 15:04 Dacron

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 09:38:
By the way the gamma is pretty buggy, using TrackIR and mouse controls the menus are just all screwed up. TrackIR moves the menus around and I think it causes issues with the mouse. Even with the joystick controls in the menu the "enter" key doesn't register I actually have to hit enter on my keyboard. Hope that will get patched up because it is pretty annoying.
I also have to learn how to navigate the map, took on a mission to deliver some booze and I've had no clue where to go. Checked the mission blurb but couldn't find the station I was supposed to deliver to.

I only use the galaxy map for planning multiple system jumps, if it is a single jump mission I find it is much easier to use the menu on the left (the one with missions) to find the system your travelling to (if it is within your range, at the bottom of the menu with local planets/stations)... I have gotten 1 mission so far without a specific station to go to, it had a system listed so I tried the 3 stations in the system and finished it on the 3rd. It was a delivery mission as well (Fish I think).

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: samsung/Nvidia Nov 24, 2014, 14:54 Dacron

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 10:51:
Thanks, worthless article. No explanation or link to an explanation as to what Samsung is so worked up over. Gotta waste 3 seconds on Google now....

Ah. Nvidia started the whole thing, acting like they invented the GPU (altho they do hold patents on a ton of features). Samsung is firing back, although I can't find what, SPECIFICALLY, they're claiming Nvidia is infringing on.

Same, it appears a tit for tat based on the articles. Nvidia sues Samsung over patent infringement, Samsung counter sues over the same thing.

Samsung then demands a block of their products to the American market in retaliation, based off Nvidia selling products infringing on their patent... which hasn't been proven and Nvidia has a lawsuit against Samsung for the same thing, which hasn't been proven. So if Samsung is granted a block (unlikely IMO) Nvidia could demand the same. At least my take on it, just 2 big kids fighting over who owns what, and dragging each other down in courts.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed
28. Re: Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed Nov 23, 2014, 20:13 Dacron

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 19:59:
Dacron wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 19:08:
30million is still nearly 47 million USD, plus kick starter / alpha and beta backers.

Quboid wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 17:49:
As I see it, they are different stages of the same process. People are angry at ED because the devs promised more than they could deliver. People are concerned about SC because the devs are promising a hell of a lot - which IMHO makes similar feature cuts/delays almost inevitable.

I can imagine the threads about cut SC content now....

Come on, guys. Do at least a little basic research and visit www.frontier.co.uk or read this article for starters. Then learn how they are a really big company of about 240 employees with many development teams and many games on many platforms developed in parallel at two locations in the UK and in Canada. The Canadian studio is relatively new so it shouldn't be a mystery where quite a bit of the IPO cash might have gone.
Elite Dangerous was probably their biggest and most prestigious project in the past two years or so but there is A LOT more to that company than just Elite.

Huh, still looking for where I discussed WHAT the studio did with the money as opposed to HOW MUCH they were given.... Come on, guy. Do a little basic reading into the discussion, or quote something relevant.

And regardless of what the company does else, we are discussion the financials of ED, so I don't know how what else they are doing matters. We discussed their total IPO investment, and disregarded anything not going to ED.

34. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 23, 2014, 19:12 Dacron

Slashman wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 17:37:
Seriously? You can't just stay logged in without doing anything? They kick you for that? You sure it wasn't something else?

I didn't think anyone could muddle a space sim as bad as Egosoft, but I'm wondering if I should reconsider that now.

I've sat idle for hours, no kicks. "Kicking" only happens when you can't establish a server connection, and it drops you from your game. Had it once since beta 3, had it a few times in beta 2.

And other than losing solo offline, how has ED been muddled ??

24. Re: Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed Nov 23, 2014, 19:08 Dacron

30million is still nearly 47 million USD, plus kick starter / alpha and beta backers.

Quboid wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 17:49:
As I see it, they are different stages of the same process. People are angry at ED because the devs promised more than they could deliver. People are concerned about SC because the devs are promising a hell of a lot - which IMHO makes similar feature cuts/delays almost inevitable.

I can imagine the threads about cut SC content now....

19. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Nov 23, 2014, 17:21 Dacron

Squirmer wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 15:37:
It's pretty funny comparing the reactions to this game and Elite.

Elite killed a feature to focus on the core game and people are outraged.

With Star Citizen, people are outraged that the devs won't kill features to focus on the core game.

Well, to be fair ED has a core game, SC can 'work' on anything it still isn't a game shy of a few dog fighting matches. Elite screwed the pooch on one thing, SC is out researching what pooch to buy atm...

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2014, 17:28.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's "Biggest Entertainment Launch"; Series Tops $10B
7. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Nov 20, 2014, 12:09 Dacron

JayDeath wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 12:08:
The sheeple speak.

Sheeple?

Coming from someone with one of the worst over used jokes about a game... almost like he's a god damn sheep himself. lol.

I bet you thought you were clever tho!

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2014, 12:20.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's "Biggest Entertainment Launch"; Series Tops $10B
4. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Nov 20, 2014, 11:11 Dacron

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 10:12:
There is quite a bit of irony in making comments like that against the biggest entertainment launch of 2014. They are laughing all the way to the bank.

I want to buy AW really bad, as I aim much better with mouse+keyboard than I do with a controller. But lack of dedicated servers stays my hand. How hard is it to have dedicated servers, when games with $70,000 budgets have them?!?!

Anybody here playing this online on the PC? Are you having consistent successful matches?

Matches are okay, but you'll get such lopsided teams half the losing team will just leave, leaving you to get destroyed even quicker. New players join, see scores, leave, leaving you players short. Doesn't seem to be a very active auto-balancer, but I've only got 9 hours into it.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
58. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 12:10 Dacron

Prez wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 21:56:
Dacron and his buddies, suck it down! Drunk

I'm glad you're still trying to learn how to read prez, this site may be a bit too advanced for you until you do tho!

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer
72. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 22:51 Dacron

My hats off to you, you certainly win at that contest.  

70. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 22:10 Dacron

Prez wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 21:26:
Dacron, after careful consideration I've come to the conclusion that you are a friggin' moron. How's that Mr. Sensitive?

Well, the title would fit you better, as I haven't displayed sensitivity and yet you latch on about it like a record skipping on the needle, pretty well the thing you'd expect from a moron. But when you gotta act immature and slang insults I guess holding your standards to a higher level is tough!

How's that, Ms. Prez?

See. I can act like a kid too!

67. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 18:35 Dacron

Prez wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 18:20:
Now I am an SJW for being against taking what you have no right to take and bragging about it? You hear that Beamer? I am a SJW. Time to unleash ASeven and Julio on me!

For someone who is so brazen about justifying stealing shit, Dacron, you sure are sensitive about perceived insults, a far less egregious offense.

Sensitive?

Ah, so pointing out someones hypocritical, immature actions make me sensitive now?

You know what, I think i'll go try FC4.

And yes. SJW. You are on a forum (social), attempting to enforce justice (copyright), acting like it's your role (warrior). SJW defined. If you don't like it okay, don't act like you aren't and force people to spell it out.

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2014, 18:44.

64. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 17:55 Dacron

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 17:49:
LOL
Dacron do you really believe the bullshit you are writing, or believe that anyone else reading this will believe it?

"and I don't feel like waiting"

Only partially, which part of which bullshit ?

I do enjoy showing people for who they are tho People tossing out insults and mental health diagnosis... it's like they're projecting their own demons. Or just really immature.

Wait you shall not

62. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 17:30 Dacron

Beamer wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 17:16:
Sure.

Well, at least you're not insulting me in your posts.

You are right (partially) on the back pedaling though, post 12 contains all the information you wanted, not post 4

I play fair At least I got (I think? Unsure at this point!) an ignore out of it.

60. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 17:13 Dacron

Beamer wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 16:57:
"My old roots being pirate the game... tell me where I said pirate the game!"

It doesn't matter that you pay $10 later. Who are you, Wimpy? You'd gladly pay some developer a dollar tomorrow for a video game today?
The game is $60 today. If you play it without paying $60 today you are pirating it.

Sigh, read, please.

I did NOT say I was actively pirating anything.

"The more I see these $100 releases with season passes and bullshit, the more I go back to old roots. Pirate the game, buy it complete a year later for $10 with everything."

You can think "the more i go back" implies I have, but it does not. I don't fault you for thinking that, English being as it is you can be viewed as right for that view.

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 16:53:

Not less than 15 posts ago you said
I'm paying $0 when it's $100 because I do not feel the product is worth $100, and I don't feel like waiting or paying a price that is not justified.

Like I said, mental health issues.

So I'll ask again. Where did I SAY I pirate games? Where, when and what examples have I gone to my old roots? Or pirated a game? You misunderstanding a statement does not mean the way you (or anyone else short of a judge) misunderstand it is true.

And more.

You cannot 'directly' translate English, to English while adding your own words or meanings.

And more.

I feel sorry for anyone in your life. You most likely deal with everything in this manner.

So "I'm paying $0" indicates I'm pirating it? Or just not buying it? Not very effective at investigating words laid out in front of you.... So I say I'm not buying it, and I automatically pirating it?

I guess you're pirating it too, as you paid $0 for FC4 and are avoiding it. Neat how that works. I should take more liberal assumptions as you are

What happened to ignore? You took me off to just insult some more and make up lies? That sure shows the moral high ground you have there. I know, you should tell me I have mental health issues, that certainly helps your argument and shows you are prepared for a responsible discussion. Emotions? Why control those, more fun to let them run you.

57. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 16:51 Dacron

Beamer wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 16:42:
There you go. "The more I go back to old roots" means you go back to the old roots!

The direct translation is "the more often I see expensive games the more often I pirate them."

You even quoted it there. "The more often I return" means you do return!

"The more I see these $100 releases with season passes and bullshit, the more I go back to old roots."

I go back to my old roots, my old roots being

"Pirate the game, buy it complete a year later for $10 with everything"

So I'll ask again. Where did I SAY I pirate games? Where, when and what examples have I gone to my old roots? Or pirated a game? You misunderstanding a statement does not mean the way you (or anyone else short of a judge) misunderstand it is true.

You cannot 'directly' translate English, to English while adding your own words or meanings. The direct translation is - "The more I see these $100 releases with season passes and bullshit, the more I go back to old roots. Pirate the game, buy it complete a year later for $10 with everything " not whatever YOU made up. A quote is also directly copied, not replacing and adding words to make it in line with what you preach.

Again, back to the basic law comment. Where have I admitted anything ?

On a lighter note... i almost edit failed for a third time. See, us scummy, guilty, entitled pirates can learn!

204 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo