Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Darren

Real Name Darren   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 2, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 157 (Novice)
User ID 23575

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > New Elite: Dangerous Beta
43. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Beta Oct 30, 2014, 03:11 Dacron

Dang, beta 3 is filled with lag and crashes for me  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Beta Oct 29, 2014, 12:10 Dacron

I've only been fined on courier missions if I cancel their mission and forget to jettison cargo. You can make up for it by selling the goods on the black market. No random fines yet, but a collision while entering a station got me lit up by a dozen turrets. Quickest death ever.  

20. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Beta Oct 29, 2014, 00:48 Dacron

Flatline wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 00:02:
I believe Solo will however take market data from the online game?

I'm not sure about that though.

I think you are right. Solo seems to connect to servers for info (for ship sales, ship modifying etc...) and a few other things.

Flatline wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 00:04:
That changed significantly. The Anaconda is I think like 130 million creds now. Cobra Mk 3 is going to be pretty effing pricey too.

Also don't sneer at the sidewinder. I've seen fully upgraded sidewinders do some pretty insane stuff.

Edit: I adjusted to combat *way* quicker than I did with Star Citizen. Though they keep tweaking the flight phsyics so like for example I noticed that yanking back on the stick and thrusting down doesn't actually improve my turn rate quite so much any more.

I tried combat in a sidewinder once outside of tutorials. It took me 10 minutes to kill an AI sidewinder. That drew me away, but getting my Cobra I realized the dual-laser set up on the sidewinder was terrible for me, by the time I got shields down I need to recharge lasers, do little damage and their shields regen. I imagine a better weapons set up would help, but having 2 mediums and 2 small was a god send to me, by the time you get shields down you have another 2 weapons to fully unload with.

Bear in mind i play ED on a mouse-only set up... when I say I am terrible at dog fighting it couldn't be truer. I'm playing the game for exploration, and to be a courier lol I even found the combat tutorials tough.

14. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Beta Oct 28, 2014, 22:55 Dacron

Slashman wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 22:27:
I need to know that offline play offers everything that online play does before I buy this.

I'm not really interested in Elite Multiplayer and being a slave to server lag.

It does. And your solo game is the same for multiplayer and vice versa, so your gains apply to both modes. When you choose solo you will not have PvP or any other player encounters but can play the game fully. I play it solo mostly because I'm terrible at dog fighting. If you buy a new ship, upgrade it in solo play, it will be the ship you fly in multiplayer, with same credits as solo.

10. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Beta Oct 28, 2014, 21:32 Dacron

Star Citizens 'beta' doesn't include (from what I understand) anything they are adding, you get a hangar module with beta, that it no gameplay. To access the new "modules" (dogfighting... the only real part of the game) you pay $5 for each module on top of beta. You cannot buy an alpha access anymore they were limited.

Elite Dangerous can nearly be described as a full game. Star Citizen is a hangar module, and a dog fighting module. For $30 you can look at your ship in SC, for $35 you can dogfight in it, bout it.

5. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Beta Oct 28, 2014, 20:17 Dacron

Kosumo wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 20:15:
Why are they not sell internet spaceships for the real money?

Fools Slap

You go back to your Star Citizen universe! I am happy slaving away for 46million credits to buy the ship I want

Plus I couldn't afford it if they wanted cash! A great game though, even if I am just a space delivery man.

3. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Beta Oct 28, 2014, 19:48 Dacron

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 19:38:
I've been playing on and off and so far the only thing I've done is courier missions. I have no clue where to go to purchase upgrades for my ship.

And the Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-Flight-Playstation-3 that was suggested works wonderfully for it.

I did the same combat is incredibly difficult for me. Don't bother upgrading. Save roughly 225k credits and buy a Cobra MK 3. It has a good capacity (22 I think), 2 medium and 2 small hardpoints for weapons (side winder is 2 small), and can hyperjump ~10 light years so it opens up a lot more places to visit. Combat was also much easier when you can destroy a ship after dropping its shields the first time... my sidewinder took 10 minutes to do it, had to break shields multiple times and slowly damage it to death. But the capacity + jump range makes it an amazing money maker for courier missions. I clear out the bulletin board of a single star system, carrying 15-20 tons to the system, doing multiple drop off points.

Most stations you can land at, you can modify your ship. Go to 'outfitting' and it will list all your items/open slots, although not all station offer outfitting. Double click anything you want to upgrade/see what upgrades are available. If you get a none available message, that station has no parts that will fit in that slot. Larger stations (the cubes, and long tubes as opposed to the little guys you land externally on) usually have a large selection for every point. Your ship will also have a empty slot or two for extra goodies (not weapons for the sidewinder... limited to 2). If you want to buy a new ship find a station with a Shipyard, although ship availability is hit and miss, as is outfitting parts.

Loving the game though. I want a big Anaconda frigate badly.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2014, 20:05.

News Comments > Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players
18. Re: Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players Oct 28, 2014, 17:32 Dacron

JediPunisher wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 16:54:
I spent 151 hours to get 100% completion on my 360... which makes it hard for me to justify buying the game twice for improved graphics and so few hours of additional content. If only Rockstar had included the long rumored story-based DLC, or at least a voucher for it when it's ready, this would've been a must-buy for me.

As much as multiplayer is fun, I really enjoyed the singleplayer game. 100% completion as well and I rarely even finish GTA games. Would really enjoy some SP DLC and just for the improved features/graphics and a second full playthrough are enough for me to buy it again.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2014, 10:18 Dacron

I can scream and throw things for you. Cheaper, though not as effective treatment for you.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced
4. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced Oct 20, 2014, 20:25 Dacron

Prez wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 20:21:
Or, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

No, the truth is out there.

I believe.

/mulder

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2014, 20:50 Dacron

Beamer wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 20:24:
Julio wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 20:12:
Cutter wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 18:24:
And how do you know any of it even happened?

I have my doubts that this actually happened. There never seems to be a followup investigation on any of these alleged threats. Good way for alleged victims to get good PR for themselves.

Except 8chan called the police and confirmed the report.

Report =/= investigation. Investigation checks the complaint in the report against the facts as they happened. I could twitter myself, report it to the police for financial gain (free advertising for product, paid interviews over 'female game developer harassed by evil misogynistic men!") and the police report confirms I reported/complained, it doesn't prove it is true.

News Comments > DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust
30. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 15:30 Dacron

BF3 was my last purchase... will probably be my last BF purchase from the series. Sad given how fun the series was.

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 15:20:
It is interesting to see David Goldfarb's replies. He worked on BF3, his response "re installing BFBC2"

You mean EA jr? A bug riddled release (that has been butchered constantly since release) game with paid DLC for sniper rifles, machine guns, shotguns etc... lol And pre-release advertising of 17 missions (there isnt 17 with paid DLC even now) that became 'we mispoke, we didn't lie' when released.

I put him on the exact level of EA, lol.

News Comments > DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust
29. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 15:22 Dacron

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2014, 15:31.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
21. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 11:58 Dacron

BitWraith wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 10:15:

Since the game was funded up front, that's all profit. You don't need millions of units sold when you fund like that.

I believe I read Brian invested a big chunk of his own money as well, there was a AMA on reddit linked from here -

The game cost us around 5 million to create, all said and done. We raised just over 3 million between Kickstarter and paypal during our drive, then had some residual and early access sales. Brian put a chunk of his own cash into it as he wanted to get it right.

Reddit AMA

News Comments > PC GTA5 First-Person Support?
26. Re: PC GTA5 First-Person Support? Sep 22, 2014, 18:11 Dacron

Fion wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 15:54:
Ah, 1st person would be cool but the series has always been 3rd person so I don't know if I'd even use it.

My largest concern with the game is that the world is to big. Whenever I watched anyone else play they'd have mission objectives half way across the map so everyone ended up using cheats to get helicopters to make the travel shorter because by car it's a 20 minute drive.. real time.

Still, very much looking forward to it.

In a decent car I think you could loop all of the map, then drive to the furthest point away from where you ended at in under 5 minutes. Unless an impromptu massacre distracts you. Or you REALLY need to get revenge on the jerk who cut you off and hit your car.

Online, missions that started on the North of the map (taking out a gang and stealing their leerjet) took the bluesnews crew about 3 minutes to hit the beach starting from anywhere in the city.

Personally I like driving and approaching a job or mission. Even if it starts the same way regardless of how/where you arrive it feels more professional and involved driving up to a job rather than teleporting and starting in a mission.

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
50. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 15:29 Dacron

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 14:22:
Buying cars?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in GTAV you still lose a car you bought if you trash it, or if you leave it and run away from it, correct?

I never understood that. It's realistic, but it's not fun spending all your cash on a nice new car and then not being able to have fun with it. That's too close to real life. It's like buying The Sims then watching your Sim play a video game more interesting than the one you're playing.

I much prefer the over the top, unrealistic Saints Row method of trash the car and find it back in your infinite garage. Hell, taking your damaged car out of the garage, blowing it up with a grenade then taking it fully repaired out of the garage again was the cheapest and fastest way to repair!

You keep your cars, even if abandoned.

They get impounded by the police if you ditch your personal car. $100 (or 250, I forget) fee and you choose which car you want (out of your impounded cars) to retrieve out of the police yard.

Online, you purchase insurance for it (it is very cheap, 1 time deal). It blows up,you phone your insurance pay a deductible and get it back. A enemy blows it up? They pay the insurance deductible and you get your ride back.

I honestly forget if you can get singleplayer insurance for cars, but it is MUCH easier to get nice cars/money in singleplayer.

News Comments > Steam AU Refund Legal Dispute
16. Re: Steam AU Refund Legal Dispute Aug 29, 2014, 18:51 Dacron

After 9 years I contacted Steam after a game would not work on my pc I bought on last years christmas sale. I tried every forum fix, and repeatedly tried the developer for help to no avail. They refunded my game for store credit (steam wallet $) and removed it from my steam account.

They relented at first, but they refunded it.

News Comments > Call of Duty Ghosts Free Multiplayer Weekend
9. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Free Multiplayer Weekend Aug 29, 2014, 11:44 Dacron

justice7 wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 11:17:
Whiskers wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 11:00:
I'll stick with Insurgency. Too bad they finally wised up and stopped letting you play the single player for free over the weekend.

Are there many players playing insurgency?

It's never been busy like CS/CoD but I always see multiple full servers to choose from.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 22, 2014, 14:25 Dacron

Creston wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 12:12:
Retired, my ass. Tulsa still happily uses them, as did Minneapolis and Atlanta, as of this past July.

I wonder if they will continue seeing as the article specifically mentioned how to get a .380 past them, or plastic explosives and a detonator.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline in February; Open Beta in January?
6. Re: Battlefield Hardline in February; Open Beta in January? Aug 20, 2014, 10:49 Dacron

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 10:40:
Or free on the console for EA access members
It wouldn't surprise me to see it go for free on the PC for like a day or so like they did it with BF3

168 hours they give you for BF4.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/7/5979537/free-battlefield-4-pc-origin

157 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo