Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Darren

Real Name Darren   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 2, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 335 (Amateur)
User ID 23575

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Evening Screenshots Feb 27, 2015, 19:49 Dacron

That golf shot looks good.

Too bad my golf game in GTA5 consists of going -2 for the first 3, then +8 for the last 6.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Valley of the Yetis Next Month
4. Re: Far Cry 4 Valley of the Yetis Next Month Feb 26, 2015, 17:06 Dacron

Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 15:31:

this sounds like it'll be roughly 20 mins worth of 'content.'

One camp to conquer (takes ~ 60 seconds if you just knife rush everyone, probably 3 minutes or so if you're being sneaky), a few waves of "hold the point" against some enemies, and then a few Yetis.

Hopefully I'm wrong on that. The video seems a bit more promising. I love FC4 and would enjoy some meaty story DLC.

It seems a lot of games rely on the quick, easy to produce 'defend against waves of enemies!' as a first DLC. I can't see how they sell well as they are horribly boring to me.

I would really like to see less of them, regardless if they are optional. Put out better DLC fort a few bucks more.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
4. Re: Sunday Patches Feb 25, 2015, 17:13 Dacron

Mmmmm  

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
81. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 25, 2015, 14:52 Dacron

I don't get the fuss.

If it's buggy: those that pre-order wait till the patch, play, save 25% off at GMG.

If it isn't buggy: those that didn't pre-order, but intend to buy it, will buy it at full price (or possible discount), get to play, along with those that pre-ordered.

Where is the loss to PC gamers? All I've seen is "GTA 4 was a terrible port!" but it ran fine on mine, and was patched fairly quickly (obviously to hurt the PC gaming scene no doubt...), "But no red dead redemption!" it was a known console exclusive very early on. People are acting as if pre-order profits will alert Rockstar to a new revenue source. As if they make enough profit from it to release a dog of a game, ignore fixing it to save more money, and forgo every cent from those that didn't pre-order and waited to see release state.

I'm sorry but in corporate culture you can't throw away profit, unless illegal or a deal has been set previously (i.e console exclusive). Shareholders will burn you at the stake.

Maybe I am missing it... How is pre ordering GTA 5 going to hurt PC development, or Rockstars view/treatment of PC? Would like it explained I think I am missing it.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2015, 15:14.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Battlefield Hardline
23. Re: Gone Gold - Battlefield Hardline Feb 25, 2015, 11:47 Dacron

Seventyfive wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 11:03:
Faction specific weapons is a deal breaker for me. Maybe if i were still in college and could play 2x as much to level up weapons but I don't want to be constantly grinding out weapons and upgrades.

For the person that asked, grappling hook and zipline can be put anywhere which is cool.

Gunplay felt off compared to BF4. I know BF4 reverted to BF3 mechanics after they realized they could just never make BF4 feel right. I wonder if they'll do the same to BFH.

If this were a $20 expansion to BF4, i'd probably pull the trigger just for shits and giggles. As a full blown game, I have no desire.

Loved that no one ever covered / smoked near the zipline when using it to go to the parking garage in the beta. You could just sit at the end picking off guys coming off the line.

Camping a grappling hook and destroying it while someone climbed was fun too.

I agree if it was an expansion for $20 or $30 I'd be all over it. For $60 + premium this doesn't come close to cutting it. Unless the reviews show the remaining maps are awe-inspiring but with the 3 beta maps I doubt it.

38. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 14:47 Dacron

DangerDog wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 14:20:
I never played Max Payne 3, did they use their own Rockstar Social network for that games multiplayer too? Did it actually work?

I can't help imagine that all you'll get is a button to connect to online and it'll be 100% matchmaking with no server browser.

Like consoles you can choose where to play, but no server browser.

Entering MP randomly drops you in a server, you can enter servers with friends / crew mates playing in them (You don't see servers, just join friends / crew), or you can start a private game online and have friends/crew join to keep public guys out.

So there is no server browser (Haven't played in a year, maybe it's changed) but you could still organize players a bit.

24. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 13:45 Dacron

{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 12:49:

So this will be my 1st crack at this game, looking forward to it.

Jealous. This was the first GTA I completed to 100%, watched the cut scenes (some were a little reaching, mainly the family mans scenes) and actively enjoyed the story. Great locations, lots to do... I'd love to experience it brand new again, easily puts the previous (GTA 4) to shame to me.

Omni wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 13:01:
Another un-optimized port incoming.

Definitely, delaying a release to polish it reeks of a quick release, bug filled un-optimized port to get sales quicker.

The logic.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Winter Patch & Free Community Map Plans
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Winter Patch & Free Community Map Plans Feb 20, 2015, 12:50 Dacron

Create your own map?

Why not just release the editor.

Oh ya, DLC.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 18, 2015, 19:05 Dacron

Xbox is x86, why not let PC go vs the xbox's... it's not a twitch shooter, don't think PC has a massive advantage.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
34. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 16:56 Dacron

QTE's are horrible IMO, very few situations where they work well.

jdreyer wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 13:05:

Half Life 2 playthrough is 90 minutes long.

Man, what a ripoff. Glad I didn't buy that game!

To be fair it did take 600 days and 200 different segments to do it in 90 minutes according to the description. But good value per dollar on the 600 days.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 15, 2015, 17:31 Dacron

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 17:17:
You mean everyone who is a spineless mouthbreather and everyone who would bend over backwards to pick up the soap a second and a third time.

The rest of us normal people with a spine, a brain and some taste won't ever buy this overrated piece of shit anywhere near full price in order to not reward treating PC gamers like third class shite.
There's also the smart people who'd rather wait for the first reviews after the GTA IV fiasco before dropping any cash for the potentially shitty as fuck PC port.

But you tards have fun preordering. I know I'll be laughing my ass off if GTA V has any issues on the PC at launch.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

God I feel good every time he loses his shit.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Trailer
26. Re: Just Cause 3 Trailer Feb 13, 2015, 19:18 Dacron

Creston wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 18:47:

Be aware that the normal game, even fully patched, doesn't allow you to get to 100%. There is a mod out there that restores a few missing things which are needed.

I believe on the normal game you can only get to 99.7 or 99.8%

I went and read up on that, sort of killed my slow, glacial ambition to get it to 100%.

23. Re: Just Cause 3 Trailer Feb 13, 2015, 18:14 Dacron

Maybe they updated the controls, but I had no issues on my mouse only set up, that's 8 buttons, mouse scroll and left/right click, only 'stunt' bound to the keyboard. I didn't play with akimbo a lot because I prefer aimed fire though.  

19. Re: Just Cause 3 Trailer Feb 13, 2015, 16:09 Dacron

Just Cause 2 is still installed to this day.... I'll get 100% on all the cities/towns/villages/bases one day.

Or this will get released and bugger that plan up.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
128. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 13, 2015, 15:26 Dacron

Beamer wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 15:04:
So we've been trolled. Wonderful.

I see it as someone at the end of their rope, with nothing left to present so they stick their fingers in their ears and yell so they don't have to listen anymore.

When all they have to do is leave the room.

125. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 13, 2015, 14:28 Dacron

Linthat22 wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 14:08:
Reference 2

Go read the 4 cases you presented. It boils down to "we cannot prove 100% is was genetic or environmental, so we'll blame the vaccine" with no evidence to support it. They blame it in absence of another culprit, based off a JUDGES opinion, on 2 conflicting opinions. You can read through them. "Proving" something in a court of law does not make it so in science, or medicine. Peer-reviewed research is factual evidence, a judge believing one mans story over another is not.

So, your research that vaccines cause autism: The proven false wakefield report (equates to your italian case) and 4 cases where a judge decided they cause autism?

Versus the endless medical research that says it doesn't?

Like religion, there is obviously no changing your outlook.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2015, 14:39.

122. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 13, 2015, 13:43 Dacron

Shit, I went through all that, all I had to say was (on the Italian court case)

The centerpiece of the “courts confirm” article is the 2012 finding of a local Italian court that a child was diagnosed with autism a year after receiving an MMR. The court, in linking the two things, relied very heavily on the retracted and fraudulent 1998 Wakefield MMR Lancet paper and the testimony of a single physician, hired by the plaintiff’s attorney (widely known for advising parents on how to avoid compulsory vaccinations). The physician, Massimo Montinari, it seems, has written a book on how vaccines cause autism and peddles an autism “cure” that he’s devised.

Your 'evidence' and 'court cases' are just the already proven false Wakefield report.

I've done more (or better, your call.) research on the topic in 15 minutes than you have in your entire life.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2015, 14:02.

120. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 13, 2015, 13:04 Dacron

Linthat22 wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 12:56:
Dacron wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 12:51:
Linthat22 wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 11:38:
The problem here is, there are court cases and research out there that show a connnection to autism and vaccines.

Source?

Article right here

An Italian court is your evidence? The same court who sentenced scientists to jail for failing to predict unpredictable earth quakes?

Here I thought you had something to base your opinion on, you know, like research from scientists.

Oh, and if you read the GlaxoSmithKline report (which the courts try to cite,) you'll see they cannot verify the vaccine as the cause, just it was reported after, leaving room for failure of diagnosis previously, genetics, environmental factors, trauma etc... And the court wasn't even sure "Based on expert medical testimony, the court concluded that the child more likely than not" ... "more likely than not" sure as hell isn't anything close to conclusive. But again, they jail people for failing to predict earthquakes, good scientific comprehension, I am sure their medical comprehension is just as good. BTW, "The report also mentions “forearm fracture” (p. 614) – even though vaccines don’t break bones." - I guess it caused those too... as they were reported post-vaccination. All the "it caused autism!" was pulled from the tables, that had ZERO direct evidence leading the vaccine to cause Autism -
“Cumulative tabulation of all unlisted events from serious unlisted spontaneous reports and all serious unlisted reactions from clinical trial cases reported since launch,” and starts on page 592. In other words, it’s anything reported. Whether caused by the vaccine or not.

But that's all? Out of the thousands of papers stating it's safe, you rely on Italian courts vague interpretation? Wow, back to your scheduled program. Like religion, there is obviously no changing your outlook.

Love the condescending LMGTFY, I ask for a source -I- have no knowledge of (Ones YOU specifically referred to.) and you think I should be able Google that? Brilliant. Btw, that was 1 cases, you said there was court case and research, implying multiple. Care to share another that supports you?

Here's where I pulled the extra quotes from -
"Italian Court Blames Autism on Vaccine–Relies on an Unreliable Expert"

GlaxoSmithKline report

Forbes take on the court case.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2015, 13:39.

114. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 13, 2015, 12:51 Dacron

Linthat22 wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 11:38:
The problem here is, there are court cases and research out there that show a connnection to autism and vaccines.

Source?

News Comments > Dying Light Free Hard Mode Update Coming
10. Re: Dying Light Free Hard Mode Update Coming Feb 12, 2015, 12:14 Dacron

Alamar wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 10:46:
'scarce resources'... That reminds me... I never once made a bandage (past the tutorial)... Or more than 3 or 4 weapon upgrades... And one set of grenades to see how useless they were... I ended up with a crap ton of stuff at the end, but it's all in the unlimited inventory, so I ignored it.

The weapon upgrades are great just for the reactions on zombies/the environment. Seeing a group of zombies electrocute each other from the first zombie you hit, or catching one on fire and kicking him into a pile of gas/oil and it's drum for a good explosion is entertaining.

But ya, I finished the game with $250k in cash, 40 medkits, 200+ lockpicks, and enough materials to craft hundreds of throwable items/weapon upgrades.

335 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo