Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Darren

Real Name Darren   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 2, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 257 (Amateur)
User ID 23575

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
276. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 21, 2014, 13:04 Dacron

Quboid wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 10:09:
Are you guys all around Sorbago? I'm quite far away, probably about 200 jumps.

I haven't done any faction stuff really, I don't really know what's going on in that regard. I've got some rep with the Federation because much of my trading has been around their territory but it's minimal.

I had an issue where I couldn't jump to a star and I've don't know why - the error was "Frame shift cancelled :Jump Exceeds drive fuel use limit of 0.60 tons". It was within range accounting for cargo weight (according to the Galaxy Map's range calculator on one of its side tabs) and I could "Lock and engage hyper-cruise" on my nav computer - it gave the same error but it did give the option as if it agreed that it should be valid.

My local star was just too far from my target star to jump but I jettisoned some cargo and super-cruised for a couple of hours until I was within range. Is it the distance between stars that matters?

Your weight made it the star too far away to jump, dumping weight lowered your total tons and increased your travel distance.

In your navigation menu (the left screen in cock pit) was the target red, or the neutral amber color the text is in? Red + exceeds mass in the in cockpit navigation menu = unreachable.

Sorbago has been bringing me pain, getting interdicted/attacked by real players much better than myself... mouser only has its limitations lol.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

265. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 20, 2014, 01:16 Dacron

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 00:55:
If you see X station, any conflict / capital ship near it will also say X station I believe.

I'm really not trying to be an asshole, but this sentence makes no sense to me. I don't understand how that helps me find you. All I can tell is that you are in the same system.

lol all good

If I'm at "Henckle dock" (the one by where we were at the high conflict zone) in friends list, I could be at the local area at the dock, or the conflict zones / capital ship nearby I believe. Anywhere in the vicinity of that location. At least as far as I can tell it includes the local zones near by.

In the Sorbago system, it will only say "Sorbago" (open/deep space not near a station) or one of the 2 outposts or 1 station for a location in the friends list. If it says one of the outposts / stations they could be at the local battles closer to the station or directly at the station.

It isn't very accurate, hence my first failed stalking attempt of you the other day, I kept trying locations near where it said you were but you were like a ghost.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2014, 01:38.

264. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 20, 2014, 01:10 Dacron

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 00:57:
Ooohh...so we have to meet up at events? Hmm. Ok. Sorry, this was my first time actually interfacing with a person in game. Thanks for that btw!

We can see each other every where, I was coming back injured from a fight to the dock when I seen you in supercruise heading out from the dock. I randomly targeted you, and it said your commander name. You couldn't reply in local chat cause like a noob I dropped out of supercruise to the local dock area., after I said hello lol

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2014, 01:18.

261. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 20, 2014, 00:44 Dacron

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 00:19:
Hey bigboomer, I see you're near me. Forgive my idiot-ness...um how do I find you?

If you see X station, any conflict / capital ship near it will also say X station I believe.

I got blown up by a real player who popped up out of no where as I was closing back in on the action after we talked, first death but it reminded me to eat. You can get lost for time in that game, especially in the combat zones.

255. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 19:21 Dacron

Should I be using point defense or chaff for anti missile ?

253. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 19:18 Dacron

Turrets are auto firing, if your target gets close they fire, front/back is for which angle they cover. Fixed, gimballed and turrets are the 'types' of weapons you can use.

I tried to land on a friendly capital ship to make it shoot at my attacker... capital ships do not work that way.

236. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 15:56 Dacron

I agree the cobra is a better ship, but damn if the viper isn't more confidence inspiring in combat, at least for me.

But with the cobra you can do a lot more.

219. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 02:26 Dacron

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 01:51:
Maybe I misunderstood. Is there now some friend tracker mechanism? Because that would be effin' awesome.

If you go to friends and groups from the escape button menu while in game it gives locations for anyone online.

215. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 01:32 Dacron

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 01:06:
My viper is a pale comparison to Lorcin, but, holy hell, I just cleared out a high intensity combat zone BY MYSELF. "pats back" then prepares to die. Again, no humans.

I was stalking you, albeit poorly. In Sobargo. (was only 60Ly away!)

I seen you were at an outpost (valley?). Went there couldn't see you. Checked out the low conflict nearby you weren't there and so I took out a pyhton (agree, 3000cr is real low for that... those things are pretty tough) and left.

I then seen you were at Heinke(?) station. I went there. No dice, I checked out the capital ship nearby (WOW! those Majestic Class Interdictor are insane. Must see more capital ships.) got scared and went to the station. I should have looked further the high conflict was aright next to it lol... poor stalking. I would have messaged but I was only on for a short time.

I seen 2 humans... 1 came to the station as I was leaving it, so I darted out to i.d him and say hello. He promptly turned and hyper jumped away from me. I only wanted to say hi.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Transfers Clarified; Specs Next Week
33. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Transfers Clarified; Specs Next Week Dec 18, 2014, 17:34 Dacron

I put in lots of hours (bigboomer) just waiting on PC now to dive back in, though ill be on ps3 this week to play in the snow.  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
9. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 18, 2014, 14:20 Dacron

Anyone having trouble logging into steam client?

Did the internet give steam a friendly hug of death?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Judge allows lawsuit over Killzone to Proceed Dec 18, 2014, 13:44 Dacron

Prez wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 11:58:
The suit is being handed by law firm Edelson, who previously took action against EA for failing to provide free digital copies of Battlefield 1943 with every purchase of Battlefield 3, as it was advertised, and it handled the class-action lawsuit against Sega and Gearbox for Aliens: Colonial Marines' less than stellar quality.

And how did those turn out?

At Sony's E3 2011 press conference, EA announced that for all PlayStation 3 players, each new copy of Battlefield 3 would come with a free code of Battlefield 1943. This resulted in many to buy/pre-order the game, greatly boosting the game's overall sales. It was later revealed that EA and DICE had decided to retract their offer, stating that many of those who had pre-ordered Battlefield 3 already owned Battlefield 1943 and had been playing it for years. To compensate for this, EA and Sony announced that all PSN users would get a week early access to Back to Karkand.

In spite of this, several PlayStation 3 owners filed a class action lawsuit against EA. Edelson McGuire, head of the group, alleged that EA ”misled and profited from thousands of their customers by making a promise that they could not keep". EA has since apologized for this and later issued codes for PS3 users to download Battlefield 1943 for a limited time in response to the lawsuit, and also kept the one-week early access deal for not only Back to Karkand but all future expansions for the game as well.

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield_1943

194. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 18, 2014, 12:23 Dacron

I got bored, compiled all the CMDR names in this thread in case anyone needs to add anyone. I haven't played in a couple of days, I'll add today.

CMDR Tooch (Undocumented Alien)
CMDR Dala (Dala)
CMDR Vall Forran (Vall Forran)
CMDR InBlack (InBlack)
CMDR SpectralMeat (SpectralMeat)
CMDR Zaust (Lorcin)
CMDR Bigboomer (Dacron)
CMDR boomyak (Slick)

Not that it matters, I can't connect

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2014, 12:40.

178. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 18, 2014, 01:47 Dacron

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 22:28:
Every freaking anarchy system I can find has no station in it. Not even a dang nav point around the star. Have to keep looking.

Use the basic scanner if there are no stations/planets, they hide a lot, and the basic scanner has a 500LS range so they could still be beyond your site (I don't try to find those)

Independent(no-faction) outposts (the small ones) have no scans, I've sold illegal goods there. I am not 100% but I do not think any of the outposts (federal, alliance, empire etc...) have scans either, just the cubes, ball and tube station scan. I can't remember ever being scanned on a outpost.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Transfers Clarified; Specs Next Week
7. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Transfers Clarified; Specs Next Week Dec 17, 2014, 20:46 Dacron

Oh god all this talk... I have a online garage with millions in cars I haven't touched in months

I'm freaking out. Gimme now now now!!!!

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
130. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 20:43 Dacron

Drayth wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 19:47:
So much Hatred.

Ahhh! Ahhhh he said it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEi4I6UWuDQ

167. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 17, 2014, 19:12 Dacron

Got my first bug... or FSD malfunction (I have heard it can spit you out at random if it malfunctions). Unsure ?

I hyper jumped to system A. Then jumped to B. Instead of ending up at B, I ended up at C (the 3rd in my route that was planned and set up) and instead of ending up in the Nav Beacon, I ended up miles away from the star at System C, forced out of hyper space due to proximity to a star. Immediately overheating.

I have NO clue how I randomly ended up there (I skipped a system completely), but I found a gameplay mechanic I hadn't seen yet. I could not use either super cruise (in galaxy) or hyperspace jumps to get away from the Star, even though I was aligned, 100% throttle and everything retracted. I looked around, and there was an escape vector (similar symbol to an interdiction escape) that I had to supercruise through to get away from the star, before continuing to cruise elsewhere / hyperjump.

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 19:12:
Oh I have a question. I saw a video where someone was getting interdicted (he had an Asp) and he just submitted immediately and blew the fucker up. How do you do that? I just fly sideways into the "wall", but that makes me spin out and I get shot for a few seconds while my ship is regaining control.

Reduce throttle to submit I believe.

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
115. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 19:03 Dacron

Timmeh wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 17:30:
just watched the trailer.

Any culture that allows that to be made and published is destined for pain. It is also a complete travesty that there are so many people excited about playing this garbage.

Who will be responsible when someone gets inspired and acts this out in a community or school? Because it will happen. The more we normalize violence like this the more these kinds of choices will have a lasting and horrific effect on our culture and youth.

People can cry freedom all they want. There is no escape from the outcomes of choices we make that affect our minds as a people.
+1

We all KNOW Rock and Roll causes people to kill, so why would we allow this filth to create a new generation of killers??

Timmeh should decide what is right, and what isn't. It really is for our better.

151. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 17, 2014, 14:26 Dacron

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 14:05:
Wouldn't the station just open up on you if you shoot within the no fire zone?
I think you have to be within range 1-2km in order to shoot someone on the platform

You get a fine for violating no fire zones (100credit I think), and I haven't seen authority vessels near the small station... are the smaller stations armed as well?

*edit*
answered as I posted... so they do have guns...

141. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 17, 2014, 13:02 Dacron

Undocumented Alien wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 12:59:
For you guys not getting docking permission, you need to be 7.5km or closer to get permission. Might help, might not if it's a bug.

You can also get denied docking if the station is full.

That's killer, never seen that yet (I play solo usually though), didn't even think about it!

I want to see a sidewinder land in a large anaconda docking bay cause there's no other landing spots lol.

257 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo