Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Darren

Real Name Darren   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 2, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 546 (Apprentice)
User ID 23575

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
215. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 28, 2015, 13:22 Dacron

Scheherazade wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 22:39:

That wouldn't even buy 1 tyre for my car...

Damn, those are either some big or crazy tires. I put Michelin Pilot Super Sport on my car for the summer, got them at just under $320 (Canadian, so like $22.50 USD :p) a piece, but only for 18's.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Crew Wild Run Details
3. Re: The Crew Wild Run Details Aug 28, 2015, 12:27 Dacron

Great idea. Bad execution.

After TDU and TDU:2. I was hoping for better. This feels worse than TDU:2 for what its trying to do (although both are acradey non-sim racing games)

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Charity Offer
2. Re: Hitman: Absolution Charity Offer Aug 28, 2015, 12:17 Dacron

Heard it was a bad game, but it is for as good cause.

Steam code too. Got an email saying the steam redemption code should follow soon.

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 2015, 12:24.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2015, 18:39 Dacron

PHJF wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 17:24:
Out of curiosity, what does your "very good" audio setup consist of? There hasn't been a decent PC-specific speaker set manufactured in a long time.

Speaking of, can anyone recommend a good 2.1 speaker set up? My old Logitech 7.1 is starting to crap out and selects its own volume every few seconds.

News Comments > Some Star Citizen Refunds
88. Re: Some Star Citizen Refunds Aug 25, 2015, 01:01 Dacron

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 19:45:
Because you certainly don't seem to understand what hypocrisy is.

I know exactly what it is. You can try to rationalize it any way you want, but in the end, you are just trying to rationalize YOUR hypocrisy.

85. Re: Some Star Citizen Refunds Aug 24, 2015, 15:01 Dacron

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 14:19:
It's not hypocritical - it's a logically consistent position. Star Citizen is a game I want to play but it would never have been made any other way. Either I accept a less than ideal business model or I boycott it. I don't like the business model but I accept it as a necessary evil. Were it EA or Ubisoft, which do have the money for such a project, I wouldn't have any tolerance for it.

On the plus side the funding model has allowed the game to become much larger and more ambitious than anyone thought was possible. What will be interesting is how funding is handled after release, as the introduction of subscriptions or F2P mechanics is not acceptable. I'm okay with them continuing to sell ship bundles for new users and new concept ships and expansions; I'm not okay with mandatory subscriptions and am opposed to the policy of allowing people to buy in-game credit (which is currently the case).

If pretending that I'm brainwashed makes you feel better then go ahead, it's no skin off my back.

So accepting something from company A is okay, but the same thing from company B is NOT okay.

How isn't that hypocritical? You can try to rationalize it with any excuse (corporations, full funded publicly traded publisher etc...), but that statement IS hypocritical.

It is NOT acceptable from B, but it is okay from A. That is a hypocritical statement, regardless of your rationalization.

78. Re: Some Star Citizen Refunds Aug 22, 2015, 10:50 Dacron

panbient wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 09:41:

And still nothing about Squadron 42, you know, the actual spiritual successor to Wing Commander that got so many people hyped in the very first place. And is there evidence or not, you completely flip flop between the start and the finish. Is there actual evidence coming or will it be MIA?

Well... they did announce something. That it will take far longer and be released episodically.

Squadron 42 episodic

Cause I think giving you the whole Squadron 42 as just an alpha may not work as well because it's a story so it needs to be fairly polished as far as that goes, so one of our thoughts is to take Squadron 42 and sort of release it episodically before the game is fully finished where you play the first "X" number of missions, that are nice and well done and polished, and then the next "X" number of missions a month later and so on until you're done with Squadron 42 which would lead you on to the beta of the Persistent Universe.

lol.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2015, 11:03.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Delayed
12. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Delayed Aug 19, 2015, 10:30 Dacron

NewMaxx wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 06:54:
I definitely didn't mean everything. More like basics, kill speed, mechanics, defense and health values. Things of that nature. Very much critical to any real player but they are perfecting a very certain type of play. It's definitely not the Rainbow Six of old.

Insurgency is the closest I've found to the original R6's that is enjoyable. A little faster paced than the original R6, the tactical gameplay is there along with damn good weapon handling, sound and movement. Lots of active servers too.

News Comments > New TF2 Beta Game Mode
1. Re: New TF2 Beta Game Mode Aug 19, 2015, 10:22 Dacron

Sound like they are trying to attract Rocket League players, can imagine the chaos with guns.  

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House
32. Re: Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House Aug 18, 2015, 23:51 Dacron

Kosumo wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 23:41:
Why did you unedit your edit Kxmode? I though it was a good point (was about CIG calling Star Citizen in Alpha when in fact it's still very much in pre-alpha since it's far from feature complete)

It ended up as a post in the other SC thread Here

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash
16. Re: The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash Aug 16, 2015, 16:58 Dacron

PHJF wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 16:19:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/witcher-3-wild-hunt/

Out of stock? huh. On digital goods.

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access
37. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access Aug 14, 2015, 11:21 Dacron

Flatline wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 16:49:
In other words nothing has changed since literally day 1 of AC. That sums my experience up entirely.

Fixing the AC ids the 90 million stretch goal. Don't you want to see the game you've invested in succeed? Donate now! /s

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access
16. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access Aug 12, 2015, 23:06 Dacron

Parias wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 21:58:
Nope.

Although the singleplayer stuff isn't out yet and they're keeping it pretty much under their hats until it's ready to minimize spoilers. For now, what's available in the game's "Arena Commander" module does have basic singleplayer / co-op play against waves of bots that you can play through.

Well, from that article (from 2013) : After that comes planet-level trading around March/April or so, then first-person shooter ship boarding toward the middle of 2014, and Squadron 42 closer to the end.

Kind of supports the SP being pie in the sky for the moment, seeing how we're over half way through 2015 with none of what was suppose to be released being released. I can promise anything, delivering it matters.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2015, 11:04 Dacron

Retired wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 10:45:
geez. Was looking for some games to play one handed (don't get cute with that) from a recent surgery, and thought I could do Fallout New Vegas - well, although painful, I did - and accidentally blinked and it was over 5 hours later. I remember very little from the first time I played at release, and I loaded up with a bunch of improvements from Nexus.

Any recommendations on 1 hand games, maybe some good click/mouse games?

Well, if you need a new mouse you can play any game on the market.

The razer naga mice line up and logitech G600 have keypads on them that you can customize the buttons to mimic any other key/function. The razer naga hex is easier (to me at least) for fast paced FPS games, the 12+ button ones are easier to mis-mash/mis-hit keys especially if you have bigger hand/fingers so less accurate at a faster pace.

But Warthunder (at least the planes, unsure about tanks) can be played with a regular mouse easily enough. It's free on Steam, and in multiplayer the mouse aiming/control is more accurate. Might need a few commands on/near the number pad to make it easier.

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 2015, 11:11.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2015, 11:35 Dacron

The problem was (to me) was EVERYONE was a McConaughey this time. Everyone had a hard luck, grim, dark past and questionable future. There was no Harrelson to counter it, bring some contrast and normality to it.

It really clicks together at episode 3, I had a couple of problems with the finale, like - like frank not being attentive to a trap, after killing Russian mobsters and driving with a million in cash, but they did what they wanted. A good story of corruption, gangsters, cops and politics.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced
36. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced Aug 5, 2015, 20:25 Dacron

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 12:04:
I am a premium beta backer not Alpha and I am also getting this expansion.
Accroding to their site I am getting all the expansions not just 2 although I didn't think there were any more than 2 major add on packs planned.

More info here: https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=164

Awesome thanks. Now I am excited for it.

How do you tell what "beta backer" you are? I bought in 2014 for $75, it just says "Elite beta" in my order history.

Bundy wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 14:59:
Everyone has their own preferences. Mine are completely mirror to yours, I don't know if I'll ever play ED again b/c everytime I enter supercruise, or have to dogfight, I end up half turning around and watching a TV show behind me

You can turn off flight assist, and turn around in VERY quickly, turn it back on order to engage. At least when I played it months back. If you're just making large circles it can get boring. Flight assist = flying like a jet. Flight assist off = flying a spaceship. You can near spin like a too while traveling forward quickly.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced
8. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced Aug 5, 2015, 11:29 Dacron

If it weren't for the cost this would get me back into ED. From the way earlier press releases/dev statements were said it sounded like this would be free, but oh well. Guess I wait for a sale on this one.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 3, 2015, 22:36 Dacron

I love the last heist the most in the multiplayer. Everyone needs to be on their game but it's the only one IMO that feels like a large, elaborate heist.  

News Comments > Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week
12. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 12:04 Dacron

I enjoyed 1 more than 2, just for exploration and being able to roam back in the day. 2 felt so constrained to the missions, driving around gave me no thrills.

I really hope they incorporate the free open world from 1, the controls/graphics etc from 2, and as many side jobs/events as possible. Really enjoyed the Mafia series.

Still remember taking the drag car from the first down the main street, front wheels in the air trying to hit a draw bridge to jump it.

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC
13. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC Jul 14, 2015, 12:14 Dacron

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 11:19:
Julio wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 10:18:
3) Sometimes you just don't want to play multiplayer with people
Exactly
When you are tired and don't feel up to the task of competing against other players online, it's nice to just jump into the game with a lower difficulty setting bots and just stomp them because that is all you want to do.
It's great to have bots for games like these but sadly less and less developers care about that because online MP is the shits these days.
There are still some games that have bots like CS GO, Insurgency, some CoD titles, UT.
I used to enjoy just jump into a UT game against highest difficulty bots and just run and gun for 10-15 minutes to let some steam out at the end of the day.

Plus, imagine a server filled with clones of ME? I'd be begging for bots.

546 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo