Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Darren

Real Name Darren   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 2, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 528 (Apprentice)
User ID 23575

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week
12. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 12:04 Dacron

I enjoyed 1 more than 2, just for exploration and being able to roam back in the day. 2 felt so constrained to the missions, driving around gave me no thrills.

I really hope they incorporate the free open world from 1, the controls/graphics etc from 2, and as many side jobs/events as possible. Really enjoyed the Mafia series.

Still remember taking the drag car from the first down the main street, front wheels in the air trying to hit a draw bridge to jump it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC
13. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC Jul 14, 2015, 12:14 Dacron

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 11:19:
Julio wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 10:18:
3) Sometimes you just don't want to play multiplayer with people
Exactly
When you are tired and don't feel up to the task of competing against other players online, it's nice to just jump into the game with a lower difficulty setting bots and just stomp them because that is all you want to do.
It's great to have bots for games like these but sadly less and less developers care about that because online MP is the shits these days.
There are still some games that have bots like CS GO, Insurgency, some CoD titles, UT.
I used to enjoy just jump into a UT game against highest difficulty bots and just run and gun for 10-15 minutes to let some steam out at the end of the day.

Plus, imagine a server filled with clones of ME? I'd be begging for bots.

News Comments > Op Ed
60. Re: Op Ed Jul 12, 2015, 21:42 Dacron

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 12:56:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 11:12:
I just found your using the word imminently interesting. One persons indefinitely is another persons imminently. I'm not saying anyone is wrong either, just interesting. The game being playable I think is also interesting come to think of it, very rosey choice of words used.

Saying it's been delayed 'indefinitely' is misleading, as in development terms that usually means cancelled. Ben Lesnick has stated on the forums that the delay will be weeks, not months - that's not official but that's the closest estimate we have. Gamescom is early next month, so that's when I expect it will drop.

Misleading? No. The word LITERALLY means "for an unlimited or unspecified period of time." and seeing how the release, which had a date, but no longer has one (meaning it's release is on an unspecific priod of time), the term fits PERFECTLY. Just because YOU interpret it as wrong does not make it so.

You certainly get points for coming to the defense with your ra-ra's and pom poms though. To call yourself a realist though? Damn, that words definition must have changed like indefinitely did.

Curious, how does the playable fps module play? From a realists perspective.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
47. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 13:33 Dacron

fujiJuice wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 13:15:
Wow you guys weren't kidding about those forums. They should just merge with koolaid.com. Save on hosting fees, they are going to need it as the burn rate increases and the 'pledges' decrease.

I spent far more time on that site than I will admit.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
27. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 11:58 Dacron

Tumbler wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 11:25:
Lotta bad news lately. I hope they can release the FPS module by the end of Sept and have something to show. That seemed to silence critics in the past.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that...

FPS delayed indefinitely

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 5, 2015, 19:47 Dacron

harlock wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 18:26:
i prefer to take the position where all elitists, of any sort, are inferior and beneath me

So... missionary?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2015, 16:15 Dacron

Does anyone have a hard time loading video sift? IE or Chrome, extensions or not, it seems to only load a page 25% of the time on the initial click. I can refresh multiple times, and I might get lucky and have it load.  

News Comments > NOTGTAV (Really) Released
5. Re: NOTGTAV (Really) Released Jul 3, 2015, 16:02 Dacron

.82 cents Canadian? Can't pass that up, I got more than that in CSGO cases.

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2015, 16:11.

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Jul 2, 2015, 21:47 Dacron

Silent Bob wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 17:11:
HoSpanky wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 13:54:
Well, a huge portion of the game world is clearly there for multiplayer. I never had a reason to visit the wind farm in single player, but then they have you race jets at insanely low altitude through it in multi.

There was one mission in single player on PC where you had to fly through the wind farm with choppers.

A bounty for Trevor is in there as well I believe.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Jul 2, 2015, 21:46 Dacron

Krovven wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 14:59:
It shouldn't matter, but had your purchased the taxi company yet?

It didn't work before, and when I bought it they still wouldn't. So every cab driver I seen on ps3 got executed, the racist pricks.

On PC I haven't bought it yet, and they answer second ring. Mind you, I did play ps3 the first week, so it may have been a bug.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jul 2, 2015, 12:26 Dacron

harlock wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 10:49:
are you people not aware of taxis in GTA? you can fast travel anywhere, even works during most missions

i always use that shit

On ps3, as Franklin (The black guy) taxis wouldn't even answer their phone. Seriously it just rang forever. Damn racists.

Fixed on ps4 though, riding in somebody elses death trap! Awesome when the taxi is faster vs supercars in real time.

News Comments > World of Warships Open Beta
6. Re: World of Warships Open Beta Jul 2, 2015, 11:57 Dacron

Been enjoying this for the past few days, fairly pretty, decent sound and good gameplay. Terrible teammates can ruin your day, but overall it is very fun. Very satisfying to watch your initial salvo hit a fast moving target at 10kms.

Feels like a WoT grind... get tier 2-3 in several games, and slows down. But with the quality of teammates it is a good thing, that way they learn (or quit) and stop dragging you down (not that I'm good or anything) as players get better in higher tiers.

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
75. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jul 1, 2015, 19:40 Dacron

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 12:48:
When the statement was made it was accurate. Release dates are targets, not factual statements. Delays happen.

I hope if the content is lacking on release compared to full games the excuse won't be it was only a target to make the first episode larger than other full games, sorry it was only 2.5 hours long, we promise the next will be. ("Let's just ignore the most recent information from CIG that the first "episode" of Squadron 42 is going to be what most studios release as a full retail title in playable content. *eyeroll*" - from Zor, which my reply was based off.)

I mean, 3drealms had a whole bunch of reasons for pushing Duke Nukem Forever back. Delays happen.

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2015, 21:59.

News Comments > World of Warships Bundle Resolution
4. Re: World of Warships Bundle Resolution Jul 1, 2015, 01:42 Dacron

I forgot about this game, this kerfuffle reminded me and got me to download, play and enjoy it. I am sure I will buy a pack on sale / premium down the road as well.  

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
66. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 22:12 Dacron

Zor wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 17:04:
Let's just ignore the most recent information from CIG that the first "episode" of Squadron 42 is going to be what most studios release as a full retail title in playable content. *eyeroll*

And, um, what P2W are you referring to? It's a skill based game, not an RPG loot/gear/stats based game. Nor is there anything like a War Thunder/World of Tanks ammo shop.

Don't know if you noticed, but a lot of stuff they say turns out to be false. Like release dates. Just saying.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Content Plans
8. Re: Killing Floor 2 Content Plans Jun 27, 2015, 18:27 Dacron

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 18:02:
It honestly doesn't even feel like an alpha, it is more polished than many "complete" games are. They are fully developing little chunks of content at a time, then refining balance and smaller bugs as they go. It's a point of pride for them that they do NOT want anyone playing a new map until they've got it completely fleshed out and ready.

Yes it is very well done for what it is. Everything is as solid or more than what you would expect from a AAA release. Now just to wait on the maps/weapons/perks to be added.

News Comments > GMG Arkham Knight Refunds
30. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Jun 25, 2015, 20:33 Dacron

Quinn wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 16:05:
saluk wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 14:05:
Sadly the result may be, let's just not release on pc at all because it's too easy for people to get refunds.

This is my huge fear, and i'm fucking stunned hardly anyone seems to realize this. I'd rather like it to be like the old days, one major fuck up port here and there.. another game needing a big patch every now and then.. It sucked but hey, worth the sacrifice of being a PC gamer.

With this refund shit, every impatient fucking moron can just press the refund button any time and my god will it hurt developers more and more before the gaming community will see the fruits of it -- if they ever will and not get completely abandoned first.

I dunno, with publicly traded companies NOT porting to PC could be a lawsuit waiting to happen. Proven profitable, if they refuse to port their shareholders could sue for reduced profit. It may not be AS profitable with a proper port, but it is still profitable.

News Comments > New Evolve Hunter Ushers in Price Cuts
6. Re: New Evolve Hunter Ushers in Price Cuts Jun 24, 2015, 11:35 Dacron

A new season pass for a game with 600 average players, and 1,600 peak players? It came out in February and is basically dead. I'm playing Insurgency currently, it's 2 years old, made by an indie group and has almost 4x the active players.

Maybe they are bringing in enough money to cover bills, but seriously how are they continuing with this pricing model?

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2015, 11:54.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 3 PC Footage
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 3 PC Footage Jun 24, 2015, 11:24 Dacron

GMG is the only place I see Battlefield on sale. I think they had 15-20% off Hardline on release.  

News Comments > Trackmania Turbo Announced
4. Re: Trackmania Turbo Announced Jun 15, 2015, 23:04 Dacron

As long as they don't release 3 separate versions and fracture the community like they did before it could be fun.  

528 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo