Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Darren

Real Name Darren   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 2, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 467 (Amateur)
User ID 23575

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
29. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 14:35 Dacron

Wonder if it was the backlash, or a bug?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
36. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 15:00 Dacron

In FPS mode my WASD all function as in every other game... more head bob, but I can move inches at a time. I must misunderstand.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
30. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 09:57 Dacron

Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 08:05:
I'm using the directplay setting for mouse controls. My FPS is ok - considering I'm running it on a 570m (560TI desktop) - yet I'm surprised I'm able to play at all with the shrill posts by Slick.

And I know mouselag. I still play twitchy lagfree Quake 1 on a semi-regular basis. And I remember the PC port of Dead Space 1 which had atrocious gameplay ruining mouse lag.

Yet somehow GTAV doesn't seem that bad at all. Completely playable.

Agreed. Aside from day 1 issues of having a corrupt file, no issues here including any mouse lag.

Using 2.3gb of my available 2.0gb of VRAM at 45-60fps produces no mouse lag a all except inside the amu-nation range (where my fps drops to the 30s and gets a little jittery, but only in their range for some reason, haven't tried since patches... just on day 2 of release)

News Comments > Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen
26. Re: Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen Apr 21, 2015, 13:43 Dacron

Omni wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 13:04:
Anyway does Blues have a GTA crew?

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/bluesnews

Pretty active in GTA V

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
53. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 21, 2015, 10:19 Dacron

Quinn wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 05:12:

M/KB here and not seeing any need for a controller whatsoever. Hell, even flying works fine with WSAD and keypad, although I do miss the ability to look around and take in the view with that setup. Fine-tuning the mouse-controls for flying may be a good idea, because using them as they are now makes my plane uncontrollable.

Hmm? With mouse control off for flying you can look around freely like the consoles, flying with keys. When you hold left mouse you then fly by looking.

I would KILL for a click to hold / toggle option for all the functions though (mouse driving, mouse flying, aim down sites)

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
52. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 21, 2015, 09:44 Dacron

Quinn wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 07:08:
Hmm alright, that might be it, then. It also came to me just now that I should try to call Lester. Like the other contact give me Jobs, he might give me the opportunity to start a completed heist? Worth a shot once I'm back home.

Yep, you can call and request a heist if you have done them all. If the heist on your board is not the one you want, give him a call and you can replace I believe.

My bad, you call him to cancel, then use the board as mentioned to select a new one from the board.

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 2015, 11:19.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2015, 12:07 Dacron

I read an article in the last few weeks that totaled costs and found it is cheaper to build desalinization plants than a pipeline. I cannot find it now, naturally.

But yes, don't regulate your own industry in California, try to suck others dry. Sounds close to Shatners acting plan, take everything you can don't let anything slip away.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 20, 2015, 11:54 Dacron

So whats the point of a sting ray then?

They catch your suspect, but you can't convict or even try him if they question your methods?

Doesn't make sense they are doing it for intelligence gathering on these guys or they wouldn't try to try them.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
16. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 11:31 Dacron

Serious question.

5 (7?! Been so long I forget...) years ago, after hard use, the capacitors on my GeForce 7800gt 256mb blew up. All of them at the same time. Card went dead.

If I am pushing 98% GPU load on GTA 5 (still low 70's for temps tho, safe ram / cpu usage), do I risk this with my 660ti?

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2015, 11:51.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
293. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 20, 2015, 09:59 Dacron

Anyone have tips for the Pacific Standard Heist? Hate stealing $1million only to have $500-600k when it's all done due to damage.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Apr 19, 2015, 12:05 Dacron

Its been in the $40 range at GMG with codes.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
49. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 19, 2015, 11:44 Dacron

For driving, use keys for course change, turning, use mouse control (hold left mouse click and steer with mouse) for fine tuning where a key press would jerk you too far and into a wall/car.  

288. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 19, 2015, 11:28 Dacron

Verno wrote on Apr 18, 2015, 16:58:
So trying to move this back on track and hit the magical 300 post count legitimately, anyone have some GTA Online money tips? Because everything is crazy expensive and I'm constantly broke. Do the Heists have any requirements? I started a new profile/character with the PC version.

Heists are tough, particularly the set ups. You get an average payout of 20k per set up, and ~100k (if you're not the leader) for the finale (plus 100k bonus if its your first time finishing that finale). If you run into issues during the set up it can take a very long time to complete. You need to be level 12 to START (host) a heist but you can join at any rank. You are usually given weapons but higher level players can drop you extra for you if you want. If someone invites you to the "flecca job" take it. It is basically a heist tutorial that pays $40k and near impossible to fail. Only 2 player and about 15 minutes long.

If you're looking for quick money, get a player or two (friend, crew, random etc..) and do lester/martin/simeon missions. They pay 5k-25k per mission, are usually 5-10 minutes long and when you are done there is a voting screen where you can jump right into the next job. Careful though, that screen can contain races, parachutes, deathmatches etc...Look for 'missions' in the voting screen if you want to continue making quick bucks, if no missions are available to vote vote to 'refresh' the options. You can make couple 100k in a hour or two easily. You'll learn the easy missions from the tougher missions pretty quickly. Some missions are as easy as "drive to car, kill driver, collect package, loose cops, return to delivery, get 20k" others are as tough as "fly into army base, destroy jets, fight army, steal helicopter while avoiding AA"

281. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 18, 2015, 00:09 Dacron

I've looked but never found it.

You can private message here?

Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 23:48:
If you read some of the last few posts in Trevor's voice the thread is actually fun.

Now every time I get angry at stupid shit people do in real life, Trevors voice is how I react internally... not sure it's a good sign.

And to Quinn, kudos. I wanted to say something but was afraid it might have been typed as if Trevor did it. I am not an eloquent man.

Oh, and on top of the 50mb patch I had a second 350mb patch after the first one... I thought the game just redownloaed day 1 patches.

PC Gaming > Performance heavy games of late?
6. No subject Apr 17, 2015, 11:19 Dacron

Crysis 1/3

Bioshock infinite to a lesser extent, I had it pretty maxed at 1080, wonder if it has 4k support?

Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Battlefield 4

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 17, 2015, 10:37 Dacron

It certainly runs good for how it looks.  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
93. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 16, 2015, 23:16 Dacron

I have a 2gb 660ti running it at 1080, 2x msaa, fxaa, High quality textures, shaders, shadows, grass very high quality water, 16x AA, population variety 2 notches off maxed, other two bars (forget names atm above/below variety) both maxed.

I'm 202mb above my 'limit' but it runs silky smooth, MSI says mid-low 70 temps. Fraps says 47-52fps outside 50-55 inside, not noticeable, very smooth.

It runs very well for me with the new Nvidia drivers. The memory bar at the top lies!

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 2015, 23:49.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer Apr 16, 2015, 22:19 Dacron

I'll just leave this here.  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
90. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 16, 2015, 09:44 Dacron

I agree. Coming from PS3 and on a 660ti (everything high / very high except for normal textures, 2x msaa, 16x aa [I think], no slowdowns except for dust as well) the game looks amazing. Makes GTA V PS3 look cartoony.

Textures up real close aren't the best, but sitting as a passenger admiring the details in the city as the driver races about is something.

News Comments > Project CARS Specs & 12K Support
16. Re: Project CARS Specs & 12K Support Apr 15, 2015, 14:33 Dacron

Well to be fair it sounds more like full sim support than for the average user.

Where guys have race seats, control pedestals and sometimes hydraulically controlled seats in front of 3-12 monitors on rigs set up just for simulation driving.

467 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo