Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Darren

Real Name Darren   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 2, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 370 (Amateur)
User ID 23575

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 31, 2015, 00:38 Dacron

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 19:07:
I could get down with a Tesla motorcycle. Of course, all the torque would flip you on your head instantly every time, so maybe that's not the best idea.

https://www.mission-motorcycles.com/rs

(ignore the price, lol)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Operator Trailer
17. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Operator Trailer Mar 31, 2015, 00:32 Dacron

I've seen two maps in movies. The plane and a house.

With the level of destruction, you can bet that'll be the excuse as to why there's only 6 maps on release, and 2-3 per DLC.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Operator Trailer
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Operator Trailer Mar 30, 2015, 13:27 Dacron

Have been watching this and will be looking for beta videos, but damn at $75. And with the we-all-know it's coming DLC from Ubisofts it becomes "is this really a $100 game?"  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 19:53 Dacron

jimnms wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 19:26:

I was reading about the heists yesterday. Besides a pad, I thought it said you have to be at a certain level too (12 I think?).

Hmmm... I hope I can reset my SP back to 0% and keep my MP character. Would take a while to get back high enough to heist. Haven't bothered trying the heists either, seeing the PC improvements made me wait.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 13:45 Dacron

JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 13:15:
The Steam pre-order bonus for GTAV is absolutely worthless. Why would I want a money cheat as my pre-order bonus? Should have included some actual content or cosmetic items.

GMG / Steam both had get a free copy of GTA vice city with pre-order, Rockstar had a 'select from these titles' list to choose from with their pre-order, in addition to the pre-order money bonus if you pre-ordered in Jan/Feb.

Game $ = in game items and content anyways. Apartment, garages, clothes, masks, cars and planes.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
5. Re: Evening Screenshots Mar 28, 2015, 15:49 Dacron

My lord it looks good compared to my PS3 version.

I wonder how this will hurt the old 660Ti.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Update Released
10. Re: Half-Life 2: Update Released Mar 28, 2015, 14:22 Dacron

Kajetan wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 09:06:
Setting standards for a feature != was the first with this feature

Ya I skipped Painkiller and this is the first I remember it's physics beings referred to.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
13. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 25, 2015, 17:00 Dacron

I've never understood the comparison to GTA4, considering GTA 5 is already available on x86 systems...

If it was going to run like shit, it would be across the 'next gen' consoles as well.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
50. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 16:55 Dacron

jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 16:44:

EA supposedly has good customer service, but I doubt it's a 3 minute phone call.

I spent 20 minutes on the phone to EA trying to be able to play online friends in Battlefield (know bug since bf3...).

They did nothing, admitted it is an old bug (maybe they'll update origin this year and fix it they said!), and wished me well.

Great customer service in the fact they're friendly and will bullshit about the game, but they're useless.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Soars
114. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 18, 2015, 18:20 Dacron

That's what I do. Even from the start I leave a 1 square gap between house zoning to accommodate the later path (I forget when it unlocks).

My footpath linking residential to industrial was crudely planned (only planned on linking residentials) and it handles an estimated 80% of workers traffic. They walk to work.

On a plus, the only real traffic I see is in industrial, and making a separate 3L1W exit and entrance directly to the freeway from the industrial (in addition to the original 3 way starting junction I used) took care a lot of the traffic, and it's only on 1 side of the freeway atm (I bought Hardline... got distracted ).

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2015, 19:19.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Battlefield Hardline
14. Re: Ship Ahoy - Battlefield Hardline Mar 17, 2015, 16:18 Dacron

They also butchered hardcore mode.

It's just regular without the hud and 3d spotting. Same damage model as regular mode.

100. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 17, 2015, 13:34 Dacron

Creston wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 13:21:
The forestry district creates the specialized shops necessary to create products, but you will need commercial districts to actually sell the products. They can export some of them, but not all.

I didn't understand district zoning, this helps.

So I need industrial to harvest the commodity and Commercial to distribute... Residential is not needed in zone (but could help with supplying closer workers if it is) and can't be converted to specialized industry correct?

So keep industrial as specialization production until offices are available to reduce pollution / traffic?

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Launch Prep
6. Re: Battlefield Hardline Launch Prep Mar 17, 2015, 12:58 Dacron

Terrible cops. Shooting at suspects inside a bank with civilians all around them.  

8. Re: Ship Ahoy - Battlefield Hardline Mar 17, 2015, 12:56 Dacron

The reviews I've seen say it's stable, good release.

The SP has a lot of odd quirks, as does MP but it's more design than bugs. (according to reviews I've read)

97. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 17, 2015, 12:54 Dacron

Creston wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 12:21:
I'm going to try to make a city with just forestry/agriculture and then offices. Maybe by staying away from shitty low level industry I can avoid all the irritating traffic issues.

Do you need zone specifics for setting up district specialties?

If you set a forestry district, do you need industrial, commercial or residential to profit off the resource?

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
57. Re: Star Citizen Video Mar 17, 2015, 12:25 Dacron

*edit*
Reading is hard :/

4. Re: Ship Ahoy - Battlefield Hardline Mar 17, 2015, 11:22 Dacron

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 11:06:
Dacron wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 10:55:
and that no 1 vehicle can dominate the map.
Are you sure about that?

'Merica!!

2. Re: Ship Ahoy - Battlefield Hardline Mar 17, 2015, 10:55 Dacron

NeOCidE wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 10:46:
*tumble weed*

I thought the game was really fun, it's the price that stops me. I've seen it at $50 @ gmg, but with premium the price creep wards me away.

But damn is it refreshing to have a BF game where an alert squad can take out a chopper on it's first pass, and that no 1 vehicle can dominate the map.

92. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 17, 2015, 10:38 Dacron

descender wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 09:49:

My biggest problem so far is fires... and funding... No matter where I put the fire departments and no matter the funding level... buildings just burn down all the time. I wedged an "extra" fire/police/hospital just before the traffic splitter (in addition to the ones spread throughout the city) so they can help cover any overworked areas but it just doesn't seem to matter much.

Every time I start to catch back up in funding I need to plop down another school/fire/PD/etc and I can't seem to catch up to my budget to enact any policies without going bankrupt. Maybe I just have to be OK with a little more crime and fire in my town :p

My firetrucks in the industrial zone see a fire directly across the street. They head to the roundabout (100 feet away?), and stay there. 6 firetrucks driving in a circle. lol.

Then the closer residential fire brigade then joins them. 12 fire trucks in the roundabout! They jam it up so full 2 have no choice but to leave the roundabout. And go home. To the industrial fire station... across the street from the fire.

Building burns down, they all go home. Fire fighter path finding is amusing. Which side of the street they're on has more of an impact with roundabouts than distance.

General Discussion > Cities Skyline Bluesnoobs
7. No subject Mar 16, 2015, 15:19 Dacron

And Creston is building ghettos lol  

370 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo