Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for random.thought

Real Name random.thought   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname random.thought
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2005, 18:26
Total Comments 362 (Amateur)
User ID 23573

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Abyss Lights: Frozen Systems Revealed
13. Re: Yet more AGEIA advertisements Apr 8, 2006, 16:04 random.thought

Talking of which, there is no point in upgrading laptops until Vista is released so they all get gfx hardware upgades and dual core and more memory.

God you are such a fucking idiot.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Strike Force Publishing Deal
18. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2006, 19:06 random.thought

Strike Force + Starforce + being distributed by Stardock = World Splode.

News Comments > StarForce Class Action
65. Re: Apr 1, 2006, 13:45 random.thought

So the guy who posts DOH a hundred times, breaking everyone's browser, is going to complain about other people "crying"? You should really shut the fuck up, you retarded little gnome. We're not the idiots who broke the board, so don't mind us if we don't give a shit if you were offended. Tardzilla.

News Comments > StarForce Class Action
49. Re: No subject Apr 1, 2006, 10:02 random.thought

Nice work, you fucking moron.

News Comments > Far Cry Gets Pwned
30. Re: No subject Mar 30, 2006, 12:59 random.thought

Wow. Somebody woke up grumpy today.

Are you new here?

News Comments > Far Cry Gets Pwned
27. Re: No subject Mar 30, 2006, 12:16 random.thought

So Ubi has paid big bucks to make more games based on a flimsy, warmed over Dr. Moreau setting? I'd laugh except that it probably will be a sound investment for them. Consumers are suckers that way. Still, calling it an "IP" seems a bit much. It's not exactly Star Wars or Lord of the Rings..

Calling it an Intellectual Property, the most literal and non-sensational term you can use for it, is a "bit much"? You fucking ingrate.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
88. Re: RAWWWRRR Mar 21, 2006, 23:50 random.thought

For those that want to run at maximum i introduce you to Z-Tweaked , you can pick them up here http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1352

this will give you a 10fps boost in all games and will not sacrifice I.Q.

I have all options maxed with HDR on and running pretty good except when 10 enemys on screen at once i get a little slow down but other than that.

I can run every game out atm on Max settings with these drivers. Ive been using Z-tweaked for over a year now and albiet I modded them a little they are the best Nvidia drivers on the planet.

Running a mid range system at best: Sempron 2600 1.83Mhz 256kb L2 cache/BFG oc6600gt card/Motherboard that supports AGP8x and 1 gig corsair low ns ram , also have the system running PCI latency tool and have background services turned on in the advanced system settings.

My buddie has a Athlon64 3000+ with the same video card and I smoke his ass cause he does not like to go into bios to set his system up proper lol and he uses stock Nvidia drivers. Now hes begging me to come over and set him up so he can run oblivion at max "snicker"

Goddammit Cheese you are such a child. You don't fucking know anything about graphics tech or performance. Tweaking some bios setting isn't going to do shit, unless you screw it up, in which case it'll just destroy your performance. I feel truly sorry for anyone who begs your idiot ass to help them.

News Comments > THQ Gets Unreal
10. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2006, 22:18 random.thought

Does this mean you would complain because a fun game with great graphics looks like other games that also look great? I think games in general these days already look pretty damn good. I'm hoping that getting a game engine like U3 will free up the game developers to almost forget about graphics and spend their time and money on A.I. and of course, game play.

Don't fucking fool yourself. You may think that shit smells like roses, but it's just that: shit. To think that the mere licensing of any game engine vastly changes the development focus of any game is ridiculous. There will be some good games with UE3. There will be plenty of shitty games with UE3. And come on, forget about graphics? LAUGHS BITCH, LAUGHS.

News Comments > BioWare's Austin Offices, MMORPG Plans
34. Re: Glad to hear not Cali Mar 13, 2006, 15:03 random.thought

I don't live in San Francisco, I live about 25 minutes from the city where the cost of living is about half of the city's norm. That 80% number then becomes 40%, and since I'm making 60% more than my Arizona offer, it was actually the better choice for me. I crunched the numbers, I knew where I'd come out on top.

32. Re: Glad to hear not Cali Mar 13, 2006, 14:39 random.thought

My wages are 60% higher than what I was offered in Arizona. I'm not complaining.

25. Re: Mar 13, 2006, 13:35 random.thought

As a Texan game dev it sure is nice to own a house and be able to eat.. houses here are 1/5 or less the price in Cali. Cali is a pretty state with lots of problems. I would rather see game companies spread out some and give Devs a choice of where to live ( not just in Cali ).

That's funny, because I live in California and own a house and eat pretty darn well. And my wages are much higher than the average developer wage, because the cost of living is higher.

If you think that Texas doesn't have some serious problems of its own, well, that's hilarious in itself.

That is if you belive in such a thing as "liberal sanity" :p

Yes, because the conservatives have been having such a great bout with sanity lately and all.

15. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2006, 11:43 random.thought

A funny thing to do is, if you're out hiking and your friend gets bitten by a poisonous snake, tell him you're going to go for help, then go about ten feet and pretend that *you* got bit by a snake.

Then start an argument with him about who's going to go get help. A lot of guys will start crying. That's why it makes you feel good when you tell them it was just a joke.

Yeah, fucking hilarious man. You goddamn inbred chowderhead.

11. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2006, 11:32 random.thought

Why do Texans never have a sense of humor about their state?

It's hard to have a sense of humor in a concealed weapons state :o.

Also, California sinking is a lot less likely to happen than Texas seceding from the union. Hell, us Californians will even help you guys out with that, just tell us where to sign!
http://www.texassecede.com/

5. Re: hmm Mar 13, 2006, 10:12 random.thought

I would suggest starting out with a not so massive online game.

Hmm, something like... say... NeverWinter Nights?

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 10:12.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations II versus the Space Pirates
53. Re: No subject Mar 12, 2006, 22:32 random.thought

Ok, again. What?

49. Re: No subject Mar 12, 2006, 22:17 random.thought

Sorry Boris, but you lose the thread.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Personally, you're starting to remind me of the second coming of Riley. Completely full of shit, and totally insane to boot. Take this post of yours, for instance:

We have your "turn them all into homosexuals" propaganda movie, Brokeback Mountain.

Chinese people are great. They are so smart, they talk shit to you without you even knowing it. Look at the title of the film. "Brokeback Mountain". The film is about gays. If you are butt pumping a gay, what do the buttocks look like? They look like mountains.

If you were a smart person like the Chinese, or me, then you would know that gay sex will "Break your back". It is too complicated to explain. That is how Ang Lee came up with the title. "Brokeback Mountain" is a joke. He is saying "If you USA people want to break your backs being homosexuals, have fun at it. Me and the other Chinese people will be laughing at you for decades."

Then you have your second homosexual propaganda film "Capote". This is a big year for teaching the kids to be homosexual.

Anyone who can come up with OMGWTF shit like that needs their own personal moderator around here if you ask me. I don't think this is a problem with nin or others being "Nazis" about everyone's posts, just yours. So maybe, instead of getting so pantybunched about what people think of your posts, you should be wondering exactly why they think what they do.

40. Re: Well Well! Mar 12, 2006, 21:29 random.thought

So it wasn't just me. Bone, judging from your post history (and lack thereof), I really don't think you are in a position to say that I'm just grabbing attention. And if you think I'm going against the grain, you must understand English about as well as you write it because I hate StarForce as much as anyone else here. I just think that the complaints are best levied against the right people instead of endlessly filling up every thread, related or otherwise with the same complaints everyone's heard 1,000,001 times already. But what do I know, I obviously just want attention.

I agree. We're at the point now that every fucking thread about a demo or release of a game opens with the same post:

"Starforce?"

From which the thread automatically devolves into people spewing Starforce hatred, how it's so ridiculous that they put it in demos, and go on and on about how Starforce ran over their dog. And when someone complains that nobody's discussing the game, you get the ever popular "Starforce lover!" accusations, and the thread devolves even further. I don't like Starforce, I doubt anybody does, but the fucking broken record around here is getting out of hand.

This, however, is a Starforce thread. Discuss it all you like. But for fuck's sake, spare us once in a while. It's like when the baby cries all night and then finally falls asleep for an hour at 3am -- the people who manage to avoid talking about Starforce for one fucking thread are that precious hour. And god fucking dammit, I want more hours.

News Comments > Investigating the Gaming Disease
36. Re: Rather than games Mar 10, 2006, 07:57 random.thought

There WILL be a female president in 2008. Look at your TV. The new TV show with Geena Davis is preparing everyone for what the masters have decided.

You're fucking insane. The "masters"? Whoa man, you are way beyond tinfoil. Way to turn a thread about video game restriction into some nutso fucking zionist conspiracy theory. I bet you just spend your entire day typing lieberman and clinton into google to see if new posts pop up for you to hand-wring and spout off your insane fucking rantings. This country is controlled by the Christians. Wake the fuck up.

News Comments > Gold - Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion
42. Re: No subject Mar 2, 2006, 14:40 random.thought

why bother? the performance difference between 1GB and 2GB of RAM is negligible. since he has 1.5GB, why get more? also, it is better to have 1GB of high-performance RAM than 2GB of generic stuff.

Derrr. There is no performance difference unless you're running apps that push the 1GB limit, and Oblivion very well may do that on higher detail settings. The 1GB vs. 2GB comparison is stupid; if you need 2GB, you know it, and you'll get it. Either way, it's always better to have brand RAM if you can afford it, and not for speed reasons. Most benchmarks come to the conclusion that brand RAM offers no real boost over generic. The main benefits are stability, overclockability, and length of life.

362 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo